Shounen Assassination Classroom by Matsui Yuusei

Raijatsu

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jan 20, 2006
Messages
1,107
Reaction score
62
Age
40
Gender
Male
Country
Germany
If we take the authors last series which ended about 200 chapters in without any major shortcomings or cut storyparts, we can assume it'll end after they graduate.
I prefer a short but good manga over the bloated monstrosities some other mangas became/become over time.
 

obamamania

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Feb 17, 2009
Messages
2,483
Reaction score
1,053
Age
37
Gender
Male
Country
United States
I don't care if a manga ends, I just don't want it to become a rushed disaster. Too many of my favorites turned into rolling calamities and crashed into a brick wall. This one doesn't seem to be one of them.
 

SharkBait

MH Senpai
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Aug 23, 2013
Messages
14,071
Reaction score
6,930
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Unfortunately with how the hotel arc ended in terms of the antitode poison stuff...Im not too sure that the writer has a clear grasp on fully delivering a wholly competant end to key storytellling moments. So the ending of this manga may potentially be a bit lacklustre.
 

obamamania

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Feb 17, 2009
Messages
2,483
Reaction score
1,053
Age
37
Gender
Male
Country
United States
I don't think the ending was bad at all, in fact the manga suddenly got so dark that something needed to slowly bring it back to reality. It was a bit of a troll, but the reality of what we thought was happening was a bit drastic for this manga. The explanations from the pros was not bad at all.
 
Last edited:

Googlez_kun

MH's Best Artist
九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000!
Joined
Oct 22, 2008
Messages
9,744
Reaction score
8,510
Gender
Male
Country
Germany
Unfortunately with how the hotel arc ended in terms of the antitode poison stuff...Im not too sure that the writer has a clear grasp on fully delivering a wholly competant end to key storytellling moments. So the ending of this manga may potentially be a bit lacklustre.
Actually it was rather well done. Everything was resolved neatly without making it cheesy and cheap.
But I guess it's useless to tell you that, you have different taste.
I'm expecting a good ending and I neither think it will be rushed (It won't be cancelled and Matsui seems to have a clear plan) nor do I think that it will be extended as Matsui himself stated that and he's smart enough not to ruin it.
 

Drmke

MH Senpai
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Jun 22, 2009
Messages
4,224
Reaction score
1,235
Age
34
Gender
Male
Country
Palestine
So their former teacher (the one who only stayed for March), to me anyway, seems to be Korosensei. That would make sense why he wanted to teach that particular classroom I guess...but then we also have that knew super villain who just showed up. Maybe he's the former teacher :XD
 

SharkBait

MH Senpai
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Aug 23, 2013
Messages
14,071
Reaction score
6,930
Gender
Male
Country
United States
That would be a nice turn, though would that mean he was a human instrumentation experiment gone wrong and thats how he became Korosensei?
 

Torikofan

Registered User
下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Joined
Oct 29, 2013
Messages
75
Reaction score
13
Gender
Male
Country
Imperium of Mankind
Actually it was rather well done. Everything was resolved neatly without making it cheesy and cheap.
But I guess it's useless to tell you that, you have different taste.
I'm expecting a good ending and I neither think it will be rushed (It won't be cancelled and Matsui seems to have a clear plan) nor do I think that it will be extended as Matsui himself stated that and he's smart enough not to ruin it.
I agree with you. despite being pessimistic myself at that time , I liked how the arc ended.

The next arc looks like it's gonna be interesting with that Shinigami and Itona moving again. We'll probably see Korosensei fight again and maybe something about his past will be revealed.
 

Teeba

MH Senpai
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jan 20, 2007
Messages
1,885
Reaction score
1,612
Age
38
Gender
Female
Country
Pakistan
I really enjoyed the shipping chapters! Its funny how Korosensei has this need for petty drama in his life. And I thought it was appropriate no couple was actually formed. The follow-up with Irina and Karasuma was great as well. I'm glad we found out about Irina's past. I wonder if she'll find out her teacher has been killed by the God of Death.

Speaking of which, does anyone get the sense that Matsui is very in-tune with what his fans think? He made a chapter about Irina's feelings for Karasuma, and they are a really popular fan couple. Then in chapter 76, he showed Nagisa talking to his dad to disprove the theory that Nagisa is the God of Death's son. I know, only two examples, but it's quite a coincidence.

I really like the way the manga has been developing. Its slow but somehow you get a lot from each chapter. I wonder what the winter semester has in store for Class E, now that someone is apparently leaving.
 
Last edited:

obamamania

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Feb 17, 2009
Messages
2,483
Reaction score
1,053
Age
37
Gender
Male
Country
United States
We don't know how old the Angel of Death is, so showing us his dad doesn't erase this cliche. It intensifies it by opening up the possibility of an evil brother...there have been too many instances of Nagisa standing out to people who are in tune with the assassin's world such as Shiro as if they recognized his appearance. Not saying I love the idea, but is it any crazier than the Angel of Death being his dad?
 

SharkBait

MH Senpai
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Aug 23, 2013
Messages
14,071
Reaction score
6,930
Gender
Male
Country
United States
77 and the student to leave was a bit dull, mainly for the fact that he was just the worst performing one of them all. I wonder if the effect would have been greater if it was some named character in their class like Isogai or Sugino, etc..
 

Teeba

MH Senpai
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jan 20, 2007
Messages
1,885
Reaction score
1,612
Age
38
Gender
Female
Country
Pakistan
^ I actually really liked it. Matsui has only covered about a third of the class. He needs to provide basic characterization for all his students, or it'll be helpless when it comes to pulling out more elaborate assassination attempts.

I think Takebayashi is a good character to explore. His fear of being rejected by his family is something we haven't seen before, at least not from this angle. Kanzaki's backstory was more focused on her partying and her rebelling against her parents rather than her being crippled by her parents criticism, so it is different. I'm curious to see how Korosensei will resolve the problem. I think if done well, this arc could prove really moving for the readership.

And yes, not everyone's parents are like that, but a lot of them are. I think parental pressure is one of the worst a child can experience.
 

Drmke

MH Senpai
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Jun 22, 2009
Messages
4,224
Reaction score
1,235
Age
34
Gender
Male
Country
Palestine
Man, I loved this chapter. Showing the struggle of Japanese students in the modern educational system is the entire point of this manga so I'm glad to get back to more of it. The Principal is such a great villain. I am super stoked for the second part of this series!
 

obamamania

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Feb 17, 2009
Messages
2,483
Reaction score
1,053
Age
37
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Chapter 79 is out

That was an amazing chapter. That look of hatred from the chairman was simply epic, as was Takebayashi's speech. The chairman's teaching strategy seems to be getting dismantled one small piece at a time thanks to Korosensei.
 

Demonspeed

The Bull
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Global Moderator
Joined
Apr 30, 2012
Messages
47,672
Reaction score
61,372
Gender
Male
Country
France
I love the Asano family but it would have seriously pissed me if Takebayashi had followed their orders. The others classes must be really dumb to believe something like this, I guess it's the result of the brainwashing, I liked what he said to Gakushuu, he'll become an explosive expert now. Itona will probably appear soon.
 

Raijatsu

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jan 20, 2006
Messages
1,107
Reaction score
62
Age
40
Gender
Male
Country
Germany
It's fascinating hoe the upper classes reputation as ruthless geniuses was destroyed in 3 chapters.

1. The classes are overly complicated and focussed on reppetition rather than understanding
2. Only people naturally gifted in the subject even have a chance to get by without cramming their ass off
3. Everyone is so afraid of the system their rather belive a stupid and obvious lie about class E then making their own assumptions,
even Asano-jr. seemed pretty pathetic this chapter having lost a lot of his danger by acting angry and afraid instead of judging the situation calmly.
It seems he didn't learn of his failure like Karma did after the exams but rather got even more anxious to crush class E.
 
Top