Favorites Best COMPLETED Manga that you have read...

<.Haruka.>

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Apr 23, 2009
Messages
629
Reaction score
385
Gender
Hidden
Country
United Nations
Tsubasa Reservoir Chronicles, Special A, Rave master, & Slayers
 

Dive

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Nov 5, 2009
Messages
321
Reaction score
41
Gender
Female
Country
United States
A lot of the series I like are still going on...or the ending really ruined it.

But, MARS is probably the only one I can think of off the top of my head that was amazing. Akira was, too, and so was Marmalade Boy. Hm. Shaman King was good until the ending of course, but I've yet to read the retelling, and Bremen was amazing until the end, too.
 

Mushashi

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Nov 14, 2009
Messages
501
Reaction score
52
Age
36
Gender
Male
Country
Australia
umm yeh ill add shaman king 20th century boys, yotsuba?!?! most of the mangs i read are still going.. although beserk should hurry up and end..
 

Hibari Kyouya

Registered User
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
Apr 25, 2012
Messages
1
Reaction score
0
Gender
Male
Country
Japan
my list is :
Death Note
Bakuman
bobobobo
Hajime No Ippo
Doubt!
Rave Master
The Lucifer and The Biscuit Hammer
Fist Of The North Star
Kinikuman
this much wat i seem to remember for now :kkthumbs
 

MattC302

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Apr 8, 2010
Messages
820
Reaction score
296
Gender
Hidden
Country
Marine Headquarters
Oh wow. I don't think I can pick just one best completed manga. I'm going to have to name a few. Yokohama Kaidashi Kikou, Tekkonkinkreet, Planetes, Eden:It's An Endless World!, and Nausicaa of the Valley of the Wind. These manga are legendary to me. I'll never forget my reading experience.
 

crimsonlink310

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Nov 11, 2008
Messages
632
Reaction score
208
Gender
Male
Country
United States
This is a long one just to warn you guys.

Dragon Ball and DBZ: Whats to say except that this manga is a great action manga with good humor. If for some reason you have not read this then now is the time. Make sure to buy all the volumes too. :D

Yu Yu Hakusho: Best Supernatural manga in the world IMO and my most favorite manga ever. You will fall in love with the characters and enjoy the action for sure if you like DBZ or any of the current action mangas.

Full Metal Alchemist: 108 chapters of an epic adventure between 2 brothers, whose faith in one another leads to their final goal of restoring their bodies. Making lots of friends and enemies along the way.

Ruronin Kenshin: If you love swords and love action then this manga is for you. The main character is pretty beast too.

GTO: Onizuka is probably the most hilarious manga character ever.

Rave Master: From the author of Fairy Tail as his first major work. Very fun adventure and very cool. Has lots of tearjerking scenes.

Eye Shield 21: Surprised and sad no one had this on their list (unless I missed it by mistake) A great American Football manga.

Shaman King and SK Kang Zeng Bang: Another great spiritual/supernatural manga. Good humor but it does get dark near the end.

Saint Seiya: Take the concept of Power Rangers and amp it up to 11 with no robots. You get Saint Seiya, the action filled manga about Seiya and his gang protecting and serving Athena and battling evils gods using the power of Cosmos and the strength of their friendship.

Death Note: Unique manga and fun to read for the 1st half. Not a fan of the 2nd half. Give it a chance and make your own opinions.

Bakuman: Fun slice of life manga that deals with making manga lol.

Inuyasha: Rumiko Takahashi's masterpiece after Ranma 1/2. Decent manga imo, a bit too dragged out.

Ranma 1/2: Mostly a humor manga. My memory is fuzzy on this one.

Gash Bell: Great manga and one of the hidden gems of manga that not many people know about sadly. Gash shoots lightning and aims to be king of the Mamodo world, check out his adventure when you have time.

Level E: Interesting manga by the same author who brought you HXH and YYH.

Love Hina: Probably the best Harem manga with some of the best humor ever.

Negima!: The 2nd popular manga series from Ken Akumetsu after Love Hina. Mixes Harem and Action for some great times, though the ending isn't the best.

The Breaker: Great action Manhwa but I don't recommend the sequel personally.

Rosario + Vampire (Part 1): A great harem manga with some action. The characters are really likable imo.

Saint Seiya: The Lost Canvas: A unique take on the Saint Seiya universe. The characters are more diverse and has loads of bishonens. The action is still top notch.

There are so many more mangas that I have finished that its hard to remember them all. I'll add to this list if I remember anymore of them.
 
Last edited:

matzik1212

MH Senpai
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Jul 11, 2010
Messages
3,855
Reaction score
1,646
Age
36
Gender
Female
Country
Romania
Hmm well my list would be something like this:The Breaker, Psyren,Trace, Kekkaishi, Ares, Death Note, Inuyasha. This is all i can remember :p
 

vansonbee

Registered User
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
Jun 6, 2012
Messages
42
Reaction score
14
Gender
Hidden
Country
United States
My top 5 favorites:

Ichigo 100%
Alive: Saishuu Shinkateki
Onani Master Kurosawa
Welcome to the NHK
Yubisaki Milk Tea
I just finished Ichigo 100% the other day. It has a very compelling story once you get past the first few chapters, and the mangaka does a very good job of making the reader sympathize for the characters. From a content standpoint it's very similar to Love Hina, but it's a tad more realistic. I also like the ending to Love Hina better than that of Ichigo 100%. It was a great story for 166 of the 167 chapters, but the last one was one of the biggest "WTF!?" moments I've ever seen in a manga, but I'm a little bit biased. Nevertheless, it's a great story with beautifully done artwork.
I can't believe Manaka chose Tsukasa over Aya. She set everything into motion. If she hadn't fallen off the roof, Manaka would have never talked to Tsukasa, he wouldn't have gotten into his high school of choice, and their would be no freakin' scripts for his movies! Then you get 150+ chapters building up to her confession only to have Manaka say can't return those feelings, because he's already with Tsukasa. Then he breaks up with Tsukasa four chapters later only to get back together with her at the very end. I'm sorry, but I just needed to vent.
Ichigo 100%

Yes i agree with LB56 that was not cool how he chose nishino instead of aya:darn that kinda made me sad and depressed xD
Ketchupacket, if you liked Ichigo 100%, then I strongly recommend I"s. It's a little bit raunchy for my taste, and it takes a sharp turn toward the surreal at the very end, but it is a beautifully drawn and written manga. Perhaps most important is the fact that the ending didn't leave you wondering if he just drew scenarios out of a hat to write the final chapter. No disrespect to Ichigo, but c'mon!
You guys didn't understand the point of the story and why Junpei decided to break-up with Nishino the 2nd time. He finally understood that his selfless actions has cause trouble for all 3 girls and he has not progressed (immaturity, goals etc...). He let Nishino go, because he wanted her to accomplish her dream of being a pastry chef w/o any hindrances from him.
 

azuan24

Registered User
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
Oct 22, 2012
Messages
1
Reaction score
1
Gender
Male
Country
Brunei
Here my list:

Dragonball
Dragonquest
Tantei gakuen Q
Yu yu hakusho
Ghost Sweeper Mikami
Death note
TSUBASA RESERVOIR CHRONICLES
 

ukimix

Intl Translator
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Aug 13, 2011
Messages
3,313
Reaction score
2,810
Gender
Hidden
Country
Colombia
Cowboy bebop!!! It also has what it should be the best music ever made for an anime. Just a sample: digging my potato.
 

OniluapL

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jan 26, 2012
Messages
512
Reaction score
1,341
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil
I think Kokou no Hito is the best i've ever read. Every single page of this was truly outstanding, and it's such a meaningful work, now that i read it all.... i don't know, i just loved this manga so much.

But i feel bad not mentioning 20th Century Boys, another amazing manga.
 

THM Nindo

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Sep 4, 2008
Messages
7,852
Reaction score
4,153
Age
41
Gender
Male
Country
Canada
Everyone should read Full Metal Alchemist!!
One of the best shonen (if not the best!) that was released and it's completed!

And it's only 108 chapters, so it's a quick read!
I really strongly suggest it to you!

If you have some more time, you should also definitely watch the anime!
It's awesome!

-------------

For a good laugh, I strongly suggest GTO.

Another one that I liked was Angel Densetsu.
It made me laughed a lot!

-------------

As many other suggested, Death Note is a must-read.

Although, like many other, I liked the first part and disliked the second part.
But that shouldn't stop you from reading this masterpiece!

I would also suggest Elfen Lied!
The anime is pretty good, but it doesn't end like the manga.

And if you like your girls crazy and psychotic, I strongly suggest Mirai Nikki!
And awesome manga (and anime)!
(Pretty much everything is ruined by the last page of the manga, but don't let that stop you!! :tem)

Lastly (for now), I would also suggest Eden: It's an endless world!
One of the first manga I read, and it holds a special place in my library!

PS:
You could also try out some classics, like Dragonball or Akira.
 
Last edited:

MisterJudge

Registered User
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
Oct 28, 2012
Messages
8
Reaction score
2
Gender
Male
Country
Germany
My favorite completed manga was Lucifer and the Biscuit Hammer, also known as Hoshi no Samidare. Its not that well known but i can only recommend it to anyone!
 

thatguy3331

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Dec 18, 2011
Messages
588
Reaction score
362
Gender
Male
Country
United States
In no particular order:

Yu Yu Hakusho: While I'm always iffy on either end in the anime or especially the manga I always feel as though it truely did end off perfectly as Yuuske's development as a person is really diffrent from chapter one and the manga did a spectacular job of that.

The lucifer and the busicut hammmer: The first seinen I've read and thoughrly enjoyed I like how they made sure to handle the supernatural elements of the story and made sure that our tale with each of the characters ended there. They even had an epolouge which I sorta wish Yu Yu had...

Konjiki no Gash Bell: I was sad when this ended. Really REALLY sad. but it felt so fitting an end, with everything Gash and Kiyomaro had been through as well as the other contestants that I really wouldn't change a thing. Its hardly the best series out there but it'll always be #1 to me.
 

M3J

MH Senpai
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Mar 2, 2009
Messages
48,828
Reaction score
17,292
Gender
Male
Country
Akatsuki
I'm the only one who thought Death Note was overrated?

Fullmetal Alchemist definitely should be the most recommended for the read. It's a great manga, and one of the best ever.

Dragon Ball (before Saiyans and all that crap) is another one on my list. It's a great action manga with action, adventure, and humor. A great high quality manga. So much better than Dragon Ball Z, which turned purely into action. :\

Elfen Lied. It's a great read, though a bit messed up in some parts. Still enjoy reading it.

If it weren't for the ending, I'd definitely recommend Psyren. It had action, adventure, romance, comedy, and coolness. Then the ending was rushed and thus, badly done.
 

Doraku

Repenting Smut Peddler
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Mar 22, 2012
Messages
5,762
Reaction score
1,701
Gender
Male
Country
The Wall
I'm the only one who thought Death Note was overrated?
No, you don't.
-----------------------------------------------------

Monster - The first Naoki's works I've ever read. I almost read every Naoki's works, but this one alongside with 20th Century Boys would be the most memorable for me.

20th Century Boys - Great mystery and Naoki's storytelling ability is second to none.

Full Metal Alchemist - I was really engaged with the story, and I cannot understand why someone would hate the ending.

Lucifer and The Biscuit Hammer - The reason why this is so unique is.. because of the unusual pacing and its surprises. It has very likeable casts as well.

Kokou no Hito - Also a good manga, I'm a climber too, so I can say that I could relate with the story.

Great Teacher Onizuka - Possibly my #1 pick for the best Shounen in Weekly Shounen Magazine. I kinda dislike the ending, though.

That's all I can remember right now.
 
  • Like
Reactions: M3J

cearon

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Sep 19, 2012
Messages
384
Reaction score
88
Gender
Male
Country
Turkey
in no particular order;

Yokohama Kaidashi Kikou: a great cast of characters,memorable setting and slice of life i think done right.

Mushishi : story done right

Lone Wolf and Cub: i think this is the ultimate samurai story.

Petshop of Horrors: 1st josei manga i ever read and it was fantastic.
 

jakensama

MH Senpai
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Nov 24, 2010
Messages
302
Reaction score
140
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Chrono Crusade
Mushishi
Nausicaa
Elfen Lied
PLUTO
 

Jammin

Androssi Worshiper
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Mangahelper
Joined
Mar 16, 2006
Messages
16,855
Reaction score
23,526
Age
43
Gender
Male
Country
United States
1st on my list is Great Teacher Onizuka. The humor and the drama made this series such a powerful and great read.

2nd very close behind is Full Metal Alchemist. Which is probably my favorite completed action series of all time

3rd would have to be Usagi Drop

Then in some order comes...

  • Superior†
  • Mahou Sensei Negima!
  • Inuyasha
  • Change 123
  • xxxHoLic
  • Veritas (assuming Manhwa count)
 

ashher

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Feb 12, 2009
Messages
3,206
Reaction score
1,967
Age
37
Gender
Male
Country
Bangladesh
usagi drop, huh? really liked how it was going, really didn't like how it ended...but it's one manga i'll never regret reading.

finished Hoshi no Samidare, and its wonderful, exactly what shounens should be like
 
Top