Football 2014 FIFA World Cup

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nii

EVA Pilot
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Jun 20, 2008
Messages
28,454
Reaction score
28,223
Gender
Male
Country
Germany
We have more participations, more matches, wins, goals... I don't know what consistency means for you guys really. Nevermind.
More participations? Yeah I will give you that, because 1930 only 10 teams participated (lulz), 1950 we weren't allowed to participate. Whenever we had the chance to qualify, we did. That's what I mean with consistency. More matches? Wrong, we have two more than Brazil. Wins and Goals you have more, yep, if only by a small margin.

My point was that we are the most consistent in coming far (not winning). We placed 2nd four times, 3rd four times, and reached the final 7 times (+ semi-final 11 times). Which means 2/3 of the time we participated we reached at least the semi-finals. Those are all records, no other team achieved that. So Germany is really used to coming far, not necessarily to winning the WC.

It's another matter to discuss how loud we are, or how we celebrate our team winning, don't really feel like discussing that with you though x'D
 

Leoat12

Registered User
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
May 30, 2012
Messages
13,583
Reaction score
3,219
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil
Russian keeper failed just to mess up with my bracket. Besides, Russia played better all match. :oh
 

scav

MH's Most Passionate Member
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Oct 25, 2010
Messages
11,919
Reaction score
10,372
Gender
Hidden
Country
The Wall
happy for Algeria, for the first time they qualify to the 1/16
 

Akainu

Magma♥
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
May 21, 2007
Messages
7,318
Reaction score
3,462
Gender
Male
Country
Bavaria
It's all about the 'Gerias for Africa, see?

So not looking forward to that match though. It seems so easy, but it's gonna be a hard fight.
 

Josef

Dank Trump
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Nov 24, 2010
Messages
10,103
Reaction score
4,938
Gender
Male
Country
Germany
African teams got the best of it, it seems, still sorry for Ghana, but Algeria and Nigeria showed good plays and they deserve to be in the last 16.
 

ibra87

天のデンマーク語
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
May 18, 2006
Messages
6,110
Reaction score
1,288
Country
Denmark
Ever since Algeria equalized the tension was friggin palpable. Damn son. Can't remember the last time a reserve got a yellow card xD Although I don't feel like tolerating any unsportsmanslike conduct and imo he should be punished severely.
 

Sky

Otaku Overlord
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Global Moderator
Joined
Dec 7, 2010
Messages
31,967
Reaction score
23,756
Age
35
Gender
Male
Country
Germany
Algeria will be a hard opponent but beating them is a must.
I look forward to monday.
 

xi0

あの術
最終形態 / Saishuu Keitai / Final Form
Administrator
Joined
Feb 3, 2006
Messages
65,180
Reaction score
30,232
Gender
Male
Country
Pyke
Not sure why we should fear Belgium. All I've heard from Belgians is how much they've sucked :lmao
 

Gats

The Green Knight
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Sep 6, 2008
Messages
6,426
Reaction score
3,487
Gender
Male
Country
France
Algeria won ? Oh dear I hope this night won't be too noisy, it already has begun. I heard some bad reputation of their supporters I hope they got better since then >.>

Well still glad for them as it's their first time to reach that level of WC.
 

Leoat12

Registered User
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
May 30, 2012
Messages
13,583
Reaction score
3,219
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil
Not sure why we should fear Belgium. All I've heard from Belgians is how much they've sucked :lmao
I'm seriously thinking of betting to USA in this match. Belgium didn't convince me at all. :lmao
 

Hardy

Mangahelper
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Mangahelper
Joined
Jun 5, 2012
Messages
11,126
Reaction score
14,107
Age
32
Gender
Male
Country
Argentina
Algeria won ? Oh dear I hope this night won't be too noisy, it already has begun. I heard some bad reputation of their supporters I hope they got better since then >.>

Well still glad for them as it's their first time to reach that level of WC.
They had a draw, still qualified tho.

They are 2014's Ghana, lol.

I'm seriously thinking of betting to USA in this match. Belgium didn't convince me at all. :lmao
...and how did USA convince you compared to them?
 

Leoat12

Registered User
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
May 30, 2012
Messages
13,583
Reaction score
3,219
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil
...and how did USA convince you compared to them?
Good match against Ghana, Great match against Portugal (they only draw because Portugal was lucky bastard), played very well against Germany. They played better than I expected from them.
Belgium is, theoretically, stronger, but not showed this until now. I didn't watch the match against South Korea, but I heard it was the same.
 

xi0

あの術
最終形態 / Saishuu Keitai / Final Form
Administrator
Joined
Feb 3, 2006
Messages
65,180
Reaction score
30,232
Gender
Male
Country
Pyke
It has to do with the strength of the groups they both emerged from. Not saying USA is stronger, but Belgium hasn't shown the form to make me too negative about our chances.
 

zelllogan

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Dec 8, 2005
Messages
2,205
Reaction score
1,001
Age
42
Gender
Male
Country
Belgium
Not sure why we should fear Belgium. All I've heard from Belgians is how much they've sucked :lmao
I wanted to sleep but i received a text message and i heard cars in the street ... apparently, people are happy, i m not. It s the first time we win the 3 games in group phase but I just feel like we are lucky that our opponents were weak.

Still we are favourites against usa due to our good defense. I don t see how usa can go through our defense. With courtois as keeper, we will be hard to beat.

Defense is good, moral is high, luck is on our side, it s already a lot and i dont think usa will be good enough even if we don t play better. Ugly but efficient, that s us for the moment
 

Josef

Dank Trump
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Nov 24, 2010
Messages
10,103
Reaction score
4,938
Gender
Male
Country
Germany
Not sure why we should fear Belgium. All I've heard from Belgians is how much they've sucked :lmao
What about Argentina? They have not played so well as well. :p

All in all there was rarely a consistent team, Belgium got 9 points and it was far from it ... Netherlands as well, tho it seems Netherlands is ready for big matches and clashes in the wc.... maybe in quarters we will see something similar to their Spain game?
 

Hardy

Mangahelper
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Mangahelper
Joined
Jun 5, 2012
Messages
11,126
Reaction score
14,107
Age
32
Gender
Male
Country
Argentina
Good match against Ghana, Great match against Portugal (they only draw because Portugal was lucky bastard), played very well against Germany. They played better than I expected from them.
Belgium is, theoretically, stronger, but not showed this until now. I didn't watch the match against South Korea, but I heard it was the same.
Ghana played better in that match. The US had 2 moments (that they took advantage) and that's it. The same could be said about Portugal against the US, right? And I didn't see how they played ¨very well¨ today, I may be missing it.

Ghana defeated Algeria (a team that should be around Ghana's level), defeated Russia (...that should be around Portugal) and S Korea (that should be around Germany... ok no). In the end this is about winning, and Belgium qualified winning every single of their matches, the US had 1 draw and 1 defeat. I'm not saying that Belgium has shown to be incredibly superior nor anything like that, but saying that they've been bad and that you'd bet on the US is too much.

I expect Belgium to win here, but wouldn't be surprised if the US takes it.
 

Leoat12

Registered User
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
May 30, 2012
Messages
13,583
Reaction score
3,219
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil
What about Argentina? They have not played so well as well. :p
It's hard to explain, but I had the feeling that Argentina didn't play well indeed, but they dominated their matches. They didn't play well, but didn't let the opponents do what they pleased as well. Belgium, on the other hand, showed a fragility that we wouldn't expect from a team considered favorite.
 

Hardy

Mangahelper
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Mangahelper
Joined
Jun 5, 2012
Messages
11,126
Reaction score
14,107
Age
32
Gender
Male
Country
Argentina
What are you talking about? They dominated their matches as much as us, to the point that they only conceded 1 goal.
 

Leoat12

Registered User
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
May 30, 2012
Messages
13,583
Reaction score
3,219
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil
What are you talking about? They dominated their matches as much as us, to the point that they only conceded 1 goal.
That was not the impression conveyed, at least not for me.
 

Hardy

Mangahelper
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Mangahelper
Joined
Jun 5, 2012
Messages
11,126
Reaction score
14,107
Age
32
Gender
Male
Country
Argentina
That's a solid argument right there.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top