Game Fan League Discussion Thread

Philia

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Mar 26, 2013
Messages
2,423
Reaction score
2,464
Gender
Male
Country
Joker
That list doesn't seem bad at all for Yukimura tbh, I don't see any problems in him currently. He's as ¨useless¨ as Mouri (or well, even better actually), I don't really see the need for a change.
But Mouri is a 4 pointer. And he's pretty useful in doubles & in decisive points his ability increase.


That list looks fair. However, It's safe to say that Yukimura is better than Akutsu. But given the same condition Akutsu could beat Ohmagari, Kaji, Duke. And he might beat Tooyama & Valentine anyway. His stat can go up to 30+.
Even Atobe, Sanada can go up to 30+ and beat some of those mentioned. But Yukimura can't.
 
Last edited:

-Ken-

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Oct 12, 2008
Messages
4,229
Reaction score
641
Gender
Male
Country
Thailand
If the list looks fine, that sounds more like a nerf for Akutsu rather increase for Yukimura, though.
 

Kaoz

Mr. Elite
九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000!
Global Moderator
Joined
Oct 31, 2009
Messages
9,443
Reaction score
4,769
Gender
Male
Country
Germany
In Akutsu's case it's more the other way around - he can beat those people if they don't activate their moves, which is something you normally wouldn't do. He can't beat them if everyone plays normally.
 

Philia

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Mar 26, 2013
Messages
2,423
Reaction score
2,464
Gender
Male
Country
Joker
In Akutsu's case it's more the other way around - he can beat those people if they don't activate their moves, which is something you normally wouldn't do. He can't beat them if everyone plays normally.
Yeah. That was a mistake while I was typing hurriedly. Akutsu can beat Duke, Kaji and others if they don't use their special moves while Akutsu does. Same with Atobe & Sanada too I think.
The way Kintarou defeated Yukimura in that game game, He'd have lost if he was facing Akutsu. That's why I was thinking that Yukimura needs a bit stat boost. Or maybe something like Dream Yips which will consume stamina like Atobe Kingdom does.
 

Hardy

Mangahelper
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Mangahelper
Joined
Jun 5, 2012
Messages
11,126
Reaction score
14,100
Age
32
Gender
Male
Country
Argentina
Ok I wont discuss any further until we end this, but Yukimura is really strong (like reaaaaaally). He might be more of a 6 points dude, but who cares about that.

And no, he has no stat boost... so? Why should he have that? He's not bad becuase he doesn't have that, he's just different. We might as well play a fan league with 80 identical characters then.
 

Philia

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Mar 26, 2013
Messages
2,423
Reaction score
2,464
Gender
Male
Country
Joker
I don't like the fact that Akutsu can beat someone when Yukimura can't.
And giving one a special move doesn't make him identical with others as long as his move is different from others.
That's why I think something like dream Yips would be good.
 

Hardy

Mangahelper
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Mangahelper
Joined
Jun 5, 2012
Messages
11,126
Reaction score
14,100
Age
32
Gender
Male
Country
Argentina
Akutsu can win if the other person plays like shit. How is that bad?

What, in the manga, if Akutsu hits 10 bao and Ryoma doesn't even try to hit back 10 and doesn't do any move would you be surprised if Akutsu wins?
 

Kaoz

Mr. Elite
九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000!
Global Moderator
Joined
Oct 31, 2009
Messages
9,443
Reaction score
4,769
Gender
Male
Country
Germany
The point is mostly that Akutsu can beat Duke if Duke plays sub-optimally, but Yukimura can beat Duke if Duke plays optimally. That's a pretty significant difference since we have to assume some competence on the players' part. Yukimura is basically very awkward to play against because he forces you to use bad strategies which then enables your other characters to take on opponents they would normally lose to.
 

Philia

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Mar 26, 2013
Messages
2,423
Reaction score
2,464
Gender
Male
Country
Joker
We haven't seen anyone winning points against Yukimura without anything special. Ryoma needed Rai & TMnK & Sanada needed BA to score against him. I don't think Duke, Kaji would take points off him with just normal rallying.


Akutsu can win if the other person plays like shit. How is that bad?

What, in the manga, if Akutsu hits 10 bao and Ryoma doesn't even try to hit back 10 and doesn't do any move would you be surprised if Akutsu wins?
But Yukimura loses if the other person plays like shit. Isn't that bad?

In the manga if Ryoma doesn't use any special move I would be surprised if he wins against Yukimura.
 

Kaoz

Mr. Elite
九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000!
Global Moderator
Joined
Oct 31, 2009
Messages
9,443
Reaction score
4,769
Gender
Male
Country
Germany
Fuwa presumably scored against Yukimura without any moves, and both Duke and Kaji are way stronger than Fuwa.
 

Philia

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Mar 26, 2013
Messages
2,423
Reaction score
2,464
Gender
Male
Country
Joker
We never saw that point. Maybe he scored with Kyozou or whatever that is called. This shouldn't be much of an evidence. Since Both Ryoma & Sanada needed special moves to score against him. It's not like they could score with normal rallying.

This is becoming more of a manga discussion. Lets end it here. Do whatever you feel like with Yukimura.
 

-Ken-

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Oct 12, 2008
Messages
4,229
Reaction score
641
Gender
Male
Country
Thailand
We did saw that point. And he doesn't name the shot. It's just a normal ball. Unless we're willing to name every point the character score, that's a win by normal rally.
 

Hardy

Mangahelper
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Mangahelper
Joined
Jun 5, 2012
Messages
11,126
Reaction score
14,100
Age
32
Gender
Male
Country
Argentina
But Yukimura loses if the other person plays like shit. Isn't that bad?
He loses if a superior player that rallies better than him doesn't do a special move... no I don't see it being something bad lol.

That being said, his character might be a bit outdated (cause well, the Yips in the game are closer to the ones he had at nationals), but we don't even know what the Dream Yips do so... :/

Also, as Kaoz pointed out, Yuki is a pretty interesting character in the game as it is now, which could be seen as his biggest strength.
 
Last edited:

Kaoz

Mr. Elite
九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000!
Global Moderator
Joined
Oct 31, 2009
Messages
9,443
Reaction score
4,769
Gender
Male
Country
Germany
I think Dream Yips just seals stuff like the opponent activating TnK/KnA by accident, it doesn't seem too relevant for our purposes. Anyway, updated list for stuff that will be fixed based on R2 match observations.

-Atobe has 8 HP instead of 9
-Byoudouin: Supreme Ruler should only decrease Mental if opponent's HP decreased through Byoudouin's Serve/Special
-Ryoma: switch clauses of Super Rookie
-Kirihara's HP is missing
-Kite's Hitman should read "If *any* opponent's..."
-Mouri: decrease Stamina by 1 or 2 when negating Lv 5 Serves/Specials
-Ochi: Mental Assassin should only decrease Speed/Power/Technique if Mental decrease was successful
-Sanada: Should In be unnegatable?
-Tooyama: switch clauses of Super Rookie
-Yukimura: Child of God should negate Serves as well

-fix Serve rule: SB should be negated when activating Serves
-add rule for when self inflicted damage resolves
 

Philia

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Mar 26, 2013
Messages
2,423
Reaction score
2,464
Gender
Male
Country
Joker
We did saw that point. And he doesn't name the shot. It's just a normal ball. Unless we're willing to name every point the character score, that's a win by normal rally.
Did he? My memory isn't working it seems. Did he win it with Mirror or without it? Or did Yukimura allowed him to score so he could get a feeling that he was winning to get the dream Yips working?

He loses if a superior player that rallies better than him doesn't do a special move... no I don't see it being something bad lol.

That being said, his character might be a bit outdated (cause well, the Yips in the game are closer to the ones he had at nationals), but we don't even know what the Dream Yips do so... :/

Also, as Kaoz pointed out, Yuki is a pretty interesting character in the game as it is now, which could be seen as his biggest strength.
WTH! What happens to "Akutsu beats Duke if Duke plays like shit" argument then? Yukimura loses when a superior player rallies better and Akutsu wins when same thing happens? How many times I need to say this?
 

-Ken-

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Oct 12, 2008
Messages
4,229
Reaction score
641
Gender
Male
Country
Thailand
Did he? My memory isn't working it seems. Did he win it with Mirror or without it? Or did Yukimura allowed him to score so he could get a feeling that he was winning to get the dream Yips working?
Yes, he did. He do it before Yips kick in. He do WITHOUT the mirror eyes. I link to that page 10 billions times already so I wouldn't do it again. But you can look on older post on the forum if you want to see it.

Yukimura might allow him to score. But nothing in the manga suggests that. Can I say Shuuji allow Sanada to score with double thingy too?

But we don't know the dream yips condition yet. If we are to assume dream yips condition we might as well just assume every other condition that's not mention. For example, Byoudonin is shown to activate Pirates when he's losing on match point. Is that the condition? If the condition is not mention, we can't assume that.

WTH! What happens to "Akutsu beats Duke if Duke plays like shit" argument then? Yukimura loses when a superior player rallies better and Akutsu wins when same thing happens? How many times I need to say this?
Akutsu doesn't win when his opp doesn't play like shit. If his opp is actually better.
 

Kaoz

Mr. Elite
九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000!
Global Moderator
Joined
Oct 31, 2009
Messages
9,443
Reaction score
4,769
Gender
Male
Country
Germany
Feel free to continue the current discussion if you wish, but I'm interested in hearing opinions on a different topic as well:

I'd like to know how you guys feel about the Super Sweet Spot version this season, specifically it reducing the Stamina cost for all Serves and Specials to 0. I think it should have an effect like this since it's part of the definition of the Super Sweet Spot, but I also feel like completely nullifying the cost might be a bit too much? It makes the top player battles a bit dull since the same point generally repeats over and over. So I was thinking maybe cutting the Stamina cost in half would be a better option than outright negating it.

Thoughts?
 

Hardy

Mangahelper
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Mangahelper
Joined
Jun 5, 2012
Messages
11,126
Reaction score
14,100
Age
32
Gender
Male
Country
Argentina
WTH! What happens to "Akutsu beats Duke if Duke plays like shit" argument then? Yukimura loses when a superior player rallies better and Akutsu wins when same thing happens? How many times I need to say this?
Mmm yes just now I see the flaw in my argument. I always end up having double standards for some reason.

So, in this game, Akutsu using all his moves can beat a Duke that does none? I agree that's prolly wrong, Akutsu needs to get nerfed :3

---------- Post added at 08:54 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:52 PM ----------

Feel free to continue the current discussion if you wish, but I'm interested in hearing opinions on a different topic as well:

I'd like to know how you guys feel about the Super Sweet Spot version this season, specifically it reducing the Stamina cost for all Serves and Specials to 0. I think it should have an effect like this since it's part of the definition of the Super Sweet Spot, but I also feel like completely nullifying the cost might be a bit too much? It makes the top player battles a bit dull since the same point generally repeats over and over. So I was thinking maybe cutting the Stamina cost in half would be a better option than outright negating it.

Thoughts?
I see it pretty unfair if it's an ability that lets you do a tech for absolutely no cost, and there's really no point in not using it. I agree that something has to change about it.

I think it should have an effect like this since it's part of the definition of the Super Sweet Spot
...it really is?
 

Kaoz

Mr. Elite
九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000!
Global Moderator
Joined
Oct 31, 2009
Messages
9,443
Reaction score
4,769
Gender
Male
Country
Germany
Kind of - hitting with the super sweet spot basically means that you hit the best shot with the least amount of effort.
 

Philia

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Mar 26, 2013
Messages
2,423
Reaction score
2,464
Gender
Male
Country
Joker
Something like, specials<=lv-5 can be activated by SSS.
Although Duke & Kaji would be the winner here. And Byodouin has no special below lv-5. So it wouldn't be completely fair.
btw I think every special lv<=5 should decrease stamina by 2.
 
Top