Mag Talk Weekly Shonen Jump [2014] - Discussion and TOC Talk - Part 8

Status
Not open for further replies.

Leoat12

Registered User
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
May 30, 2012
Messages
13,583
Reaction score
3,219
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil
Chitoge and Souma working in the cake, Gintoki trying to eat all by himself and some other with forks and knifes. Nice cover, but I didn't like the way they treated Boku no Hero Academia, they gave to it just a corner. :gwah
 

justanotherone

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Aug 11, 2014
Messages
315
Reaction score
101
Gender
Female
Country
Italy
Chitoge and Souma working in the cake, Gintoki trying to eat all by himself and some other with forks and knifes. Nice cover, but I didn't like the way they treated Boku no Hero Academia, they gave to it just a corner. :gwah
It is strange, given the fact that his first volume is selling well and its position in the TOC are great, I would have put it beside Souma or in a more central position at least.

Personally, I prefer the experience and maturity that Kiyoko inspires, but Hitoka is good, too. She is learning well with her master. :p
Not that Kiyoko is bad, far from it :p but I have a thing for energetic characters that try to always do her/his best and that "village B" speech made me like Yachi more. Because of this Hinata is also one of my favorite more than Kageyama.
 
Last edited:

Leoat12

Registered User
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
May 30, 2012
Messages
13,583
Reaction score
3,219
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil
It is strange, given the fact that his first volume is selling well and its position in the TOC are great, I would have put it beside Souma or in a more central position at least.



Not that Kiyoko is bad, far from it :p but I have a thing for energetic characters that try to always do her/his best and that "village B" speech made me like Yachi more. Because of this Hinata is also one of my favorite more than Kageyama.
Yeah... I'm sure it sold 200k already... Who knows next issue? This cover doesn't have space for anyone anyway.

I understand. :nod
 

Leoat12

Registered User
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
May 30, 2012
Messages
13,583
Reaction score
3,219
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil
Preview of Tamura's oneshot.

[tweet]https://twitter.com/newsmangajapon2/status/545717281083256832[/tweet]

I confess I'm interested.

---------- Post added at 09:15 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:11 PM ----------

Issue 05-07 will have a poster with all Jump heroes.
 

Shinuki no Reborn

Mangahelper
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Mangahelper
Joined
Jul 6, 2011
Messages
15,432
Reaction score
39,281
Age
34
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil
Tamura is a great mangaka, Beelzebub was great but had some mistakes, whatever, Tamura can be easily the mangaká with the next "big thing" in some moment. Expect that some Manga Editor translate the one shot.
 

SharkBait

MH Senpai
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Aug 23, 2013
Messages
14,072
Reaction score
6,930
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Tamura is a great mangaka, Beelzebub was great but had some mistakes, whatever, Tamura can be easily the mangaká with the next "big thing" in some moment. Expect that some Manga Editor translate the one shot.
What mistakes did Beelzebub have? I have it in my top five of jump for it was quite definitive. I only regret starting it in the year it ended up ending :(
 

James Rye

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Oct 18, 2014
Messages
2,019
Reaction score
6,506
Age
37
Gender
Male
Country
Germany
Preview of Tamura's oneshot.

[tweet]https://twitter.com/newsmangajapon2/status/545717281083256832[/tweet]

I confess I'm interested.

---------- Post added at 09:15 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:11 PM ----------

Issue 05-07 will have a poster with all Jump heroes.
Hoh, looks interesting. The two charas look sort of like that dragon dad from Sengoku Youko and Kagura from Gintama. Could be pretty darn good. Hope for Tamura that his oneshot will get good results. :)
 

Leoat12

Registered User
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
May 30, 2012
Messages
13,583
Reaction score
3,219
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil
The alligator reminds me Tower of God. Rak ftw. :derp

Well, Tamura always made good looking characters, the problem is the story.
 

Shinuki no Reborn

Mangahelper
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Mangahelper
Joined
Jul 6, 2011
Messages
15,432
Reaction score
39,281
Age
34
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil
What mistakes did Beelzebub have? I have it in my top five of jump for it was quite definitive. I only regret starting it in the year it ended up ending :(
I said this more because the manga was finished for popularity drop, based in this, Beelzebub did something wrong for the readers that always voted

For me the only thing that bored me sometimes was the long comedy arcs between the battle arcs, the comedy was great, but always cut the potential of the battle arcs and plot
 

Asgaroth

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Mar 26, 2011
Messages
910
Reaction score
133
Gender
Male
Country
Germany
the girl looks like from gintama and the croco from tower of god. for now it looks generic and i hope he doesn't do another battle manga. the time of normal battle manga looks like it is over, orthodox ones seems to have a higher chance to become a hit. also i think he is more suited for comedy ones, cause that what he excells in. loved the tissue arc. :D
 

WyldViolet

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Oct 25, 2012
Messages
4,106
Reaction score
5,852
Age
33
Country
United States
I said this more because the manga was finished for popularity drop, based in this, Beelzebub did something wrong for the readers that always voted

For me the only thing that bored me sometimes was the long comedy arcs between the battle arcs, the comedy was great, but always cut the potential of the battle arcs and plot
The series was primarily a comedy manga though just with the occasional battle arc, kind of like Gin-Tama.
You were reading it wrong.
It's actually one of my favorite Jump manga of all time.
 

Shinuki no Reborn

Mangahelper
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Mangahelper
Joined
Jul 6, 2011
Messages
15,432
Reaction score
39,281
Age
34
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil
The series was primarily a comedy manga though just with the occasional battle arc, kind of like Gin-Tama.
You were reading it wrong.
It's actually one of my favorite Jump manga of all time.
No, i was not reading it wrong, maybe you missed the part where i said that the manga is great, but he always had much more potential for battle shounen, and in fact the popularity started to drop when was one of the comedy arcs. Isn't like Gintama, compared with Beelzebub, Gintama is much more for gag, than Beelzebub for comedy, while Gintama can survive for ten years having much more gag arcs than battle, Beelzebub no, battle was since the begining a important part of the manga. Like i said before, Beelzebub comedy was great, but sometimes was too much or poorly balanced with the plot and battle arcs, and seeing what happened with the manga, seems like the readers agree.
 
Last edited:

WyldViolet

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Oct 25, 2012
Messages
4,106
Reaction score
5,852
Age
33
Country
United States
No, i was not reading it wrong, maybe you missed the part where i said that the manga is great, but he always had much more potential for battle shounen, and in fact the popularity started to drop when was one of the comedy arcs. Isn't like Gintama, compared with Beelzebub, Gintama is much more for gag, than Beelzebub for comedy, while Gintama can survive for ten years having much more gag arcs than battle, Beelzebub no, battle was since the begining a important part of the manga. Like i said before, Beelzebub comedy was great, but sometimes was too much or poorly balanced with the plot and battle arcs, and seeing what happened with the manga, seems like the readers agree.
Pretty sure the rankings dropped when the series did battle arcs.
Also, as I already said, the series was always more focused on comedy than it was battles.
 

Teeba

MH Senpai
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jan 20, 2007
Messages
1,885
Reaction score
1,612
Age
38
Gender
Female
Country
Pakistan
My initial reaction to the title was it being some sausage fest set in Mythical China. But seeing the picture it looks a lot more interesting. :zomg The only other time I've seen anthropomorphic dragons is in Magi, so I'm curious to see how Tamura will draw him. Its certainly refreshing to not find a teenage male hero. I do admit the girl looks like Kagura, but Chinese girls with hair buns seems to be a trope. Oh well. Still excited!

Btw, according to Tamura, he said he ended Beelzebub by himself and it wasn't because he was pressured by Jump. Take that as you will. Although...to his discredit, Tamura also admitted he gets bored sticking to just humor or just action, so that's probably why the series fluctuated in popularity so much. [source]
 

Leoat12

Registered User
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
May 30, 2012
Messages
13,583
Reaction score
3,219
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil
Beelzebub never had a clear path when it comes to plot, Tamura tried many things during the series, many of them was not mentioned anymore. Given this characteristic, I will not talk about this matter. However, the most remarkable problem with Beelzebub were the instability between arcs, there were good arcs (The tissue arc was epic, acknowledged by Jump readers as you guys should remember), but there were utterly boring arcs (that Xmas competiton arc... '-'). There were many nonsensical things in the story, but Beelzebub was always so crazy that I overlooked them many times. In the end, it wasn't a series that I took serisouly, just read for fun, for the lulz.

Something better structured is what I expect from Tamura's next series.
 

psyblade

Registered User
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
Nov 22, 2014
Messages
13
Reaction score
0
Age
31
Gender
Male
Country
Vietnam
Is there anyway for me to send my feedback to mangaka?
Now, I am having some questions to ask the mangaka.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top