Mag Talk Weekly Shonen Jump [2015] - Discussion and TOC Talk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Leoat12

Registered User
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
May 30, 2012
Messages
13,583
Reaction score
3,219
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil
Neither Naoki nor Miura... :crying
I have to see if I bet right. :hmm
With three series starting, three series will say good bye.. Ageha and Gakkyu Houtei are almost sure, the third is between UBS and Roggy, most likely Roggy.

Its just HIDEOUS to see Nisekoi receiving the cover... Please somebody do something about it FAST.
Nisekoi gets a cover twice per year, don't complain and let the fans enjoy this moment. The series has all the merits, although you don't like it.

---------- Post added at 01:31 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:27 AM ----------

We don't know until we read it. Who knows it will be better this time.
Well like I said before, most of Jump readers are young people. They love hot blooded stuff.
Not that young according to Shueisha Media Guide. Every year I have to post this guide here to remember this fact. :p
 

Mammo

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Mar 20, 2015
Messages
4,755
Reaction score
8,897
Gender
Male
Country
Holy Britannian Empire
I thought Hinomarou Zumou broke the GFC failing streak last year?
 

Mammo

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Mar 20, 2015
Messages
4,755
Reaction score
8,897
Gender
Male
Country
Holy Britannian Empire
I done some research & found out there was no GFC in 2013 when Zumo's one shot was published (because reasons)

so as they say in reddit TIL

anyway, I'm optimistic about Devilyman breaking the streak this year
 

RafaFedKilla

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Dec 3, 2013
Messages
1,727
Reaction score
464
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Neither Naoki nor Miura... :crying
I have to see if I bet right. :hmm
With three series starting, three series will say good bye.. Ageha and Gakkyu Houtei are almost sure, the third is between UBS and Roggy, most likely Roggy.

Nisekoi gets a cover twice per year, don't complain and let the fans enjoy this moment. The series has all the merits, although you don't like it.

---------- Post added at 01:31 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:27 AM ----------

Not that young according to Shueisha Media Guide. Every year I have to post this guide here to remember this fact. :p
Four new series, four cancellations. Roggy and UBS are dead brah.
 

Jaimini626

Registered User
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
Oct 24, 2012
Messages
46
Reaction score
25
Gender
Male
Country
Isle of Man
have you noticed something , both belzebub and nura have deamon / yokai theme , both came from GFC and are the only to survive from GFC , may be devilman also related to them may survive.
 

Mammo

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Mar 20, 2015
Messages
4,755
Reaction score
8,897
Gender
Male
Country
Holy Britannian Empire
have you noticed something , both belzebub and nura have deamon / yokai theme , both came from GFC and are the only to survive from GFC , may be devilman also related to them may survive.
That was what I meant with my post

It have to compete with Kagamigami though
 

Ecchi Boy

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
May 31, 2011
Messages
1,036
Reaction score
1,307
Age
39
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Yokota Takuma as in Sentou Hakai Gakuen Dangerous Yokota takuma!?

I am super hyped :zomg
 

Teeba

MH Senpai
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jan 20, 2007
Messages
1,885
Reaction score
1,612
Age
38
Gender
Female
Country
Pakistan
have you noticed something , both belzebub and nura have deamon / yokai theme , both came from GFC and are the only to survive from GFC , may be devilman also related to them may survive.
Eh, I'd say Beelzebub won the GFC because of its comedy and delinquent themes as oppose to the demon related stuff. Japan actually hated anything Tamura tried to develop from the demon aspects. Though you do have a point, I didn't realize the Golden Future Cup's record was so bad. :lmao
 

Chipp12

Registered User
下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Joined
Dec 7, 2009
Messages
88
Reaction score
20
Age
38
Gender
Male
Country
Russian Federation
So I guess ESJ won't be doing Jump Start this time?
Since they were already struggling with including Black Clover and all.
 

Mammo

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Mar 20, 2015
Messages
4,755
Reaction score
8,897
Gender
Male
Country
Holy Britannian Empire
^They will need something to replace Gakkyuu Houtei
 

Xzone

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Nov 2, 2014
Messages
888
Reaction score
698
Gender
Male
Country
Isle of Man
Maybe kagamigami if in the next week still have a good ranking
 

conankudo

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Mar 5, 2013
Messages
456
Reaction score
389
Gender
Male
Country
Marine Headquarters
Neither Naoki nor Miura... :crying


Not that young according to Shueisha Media Guide. Every year I have to post this guide here to remember this fact. :p
They are young!! 52.4% of all the WSJ readers are max. 18 years old and younger and those are usually the readers who send back the polling cards
(media guide 2014
 
Last edited:

4Eyes

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Mar 26, 2015
Messages
403
Reaction score
649
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil
Is so horrifying seeing something as bad as Black Clover being sucessful while better mangas have failed miserably in the recent years. I'm starting to think that Naruto's absence drove japanese readers to insanity. hahaha
 

Leoat12

Registered User
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
May 30, 2012
Messages
13,583
Reaction score
3,219
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil
They are young!! 52.4% of all the WSJ readers are max. 18 years old and younger and those are usually the readers who send back the polling cards
(media guide 2014
47.6% of all Jump readers are out of its ideal public, it is almost 50%, I didn't say that it is not young, I said that it is not that young, almost 50% is adult after all. And this is when you underestimate the capacity of judgement of the readers between 16 and 18 years. Who usually send the polls are the people in this statistic since it is where the data came from.

---------- Post added at 08:35 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:31 AM ----------

Is so horrifying seeing something as bad as Black Clover being sucessful while better mangas have failed miserably in the recent years. I'm starting to think that Naruto's absence drove japanese readers to insanity. hahaha
Boruto is here to save the Jump from insanity! :derp
Well, Black Cover fell a bit in this TOC, we cannot say that it made success yet, there were series that started very well and then flopped afterward. Let's give more weeks before saying such a thing.
 
Last edited:

SharkBait

MH Senpai
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Aug 23, 2013
Messages
14,079
Reaction score
6,938
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Do people actively want peoples favorite series to fail or something? Thats just bad thinking.
 

conankudo

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Mar 5, 2013
Messages
456
Reaction score
389
Gender
Male
Country
Marine Headquarters
47.6% of all Jump readers are out of its ideal public, it is almost 50%, I didn't say that it is not young, I said that it is not that young, almost 50% is adult after all. And this is when you underestimate the capacity of judgement of the readers between 16 and 18 years. Who usually send the polls are the people in this statistic since it is where the data came from.
Yeah, I m aware of it, but more younger readers send in the polling cards on a regular basis.
Speaking of Mediaguide: the 2015 mediaguide was released today:
 
Last edited:

Leoat12

Registered User
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
May 30, 2012
Messages
13,583
Reaction score
3,219
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil
Kishimoto and Horikoshi did an interview in the May's issue of DaVinci where they talked about their series. Among other things, they talked about how much pressure they have to bear while serializing. They said that they are always in their limits mentally, thinking about how to make their series good and afraid of ruining everything. It was quite painful to read this part and I respect them even more. We can criticize their series respectfully, but the respect remains.
Anyway, the part that caught my attention the more was when they talked about the rivalry with One Piece. I quote Kishimoto: "More important than drawing manga is trying to surpass a the wall that One Piece became, something so big to surpass."
Kishimoto said that he gets excited when he thinks that Horikoshi will have the same challenge and he said that the next time he sees Oda, he will say to him to continue trying to defeat Horikoshi. Horikoshi answers "Scary!". XD

Two things from this interview:
1) The dream of every author in Jump is surpass One Piece, I think not only Jump authors, but everybody.
2) We can assume that Horikoshi is already seen as a worthy rival? :zomg

I just read a piece of the interview and it was in Portuguese so put the source is useless, sorry for that.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top