The Tales of a young Kapparoni: Gary Saltlord Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

Holt

#1 Ranker
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Global Moderator
Joined
Aug 6, 2014
Messages
8,036
Reaction score
8,329
Gender
Male
Country
Nigeria
Re: If we gather the time you all waste being young, this much shouldn't be that difficult

Well I think you're paying more attention to that now, that's probably it xD Do you like Kirei? :D
Who's Kirie?
What was that site you said to check for anime?
 

Nii

EVA Pilot
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Jun 20, 2008
Messages
28,454
Reaction score
28,222
Gender
Male
Country
Germany
Re: If we gather the time you all waste being young, this much shouldn't be that difficult

Who's Kirie?
What was that site you said to check for anime?
The guy in episode 3, the one you missed when jumping straight to the Illya fight... from your response I'm not sure if you've seen the episode or even my response to your question :XD
Did I say something like that? xD Well the one where I gave you links for my recs I guess, MAL: http://myanimelist.net/
 

Holt

#1 Ranker
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Global Moderator
Joined
Aug 6, 2014
Messages
8,036
Reaction score
8,329
Gender
Male
Country
Nigeria
Re: If we gather the time you all waste being young, this much shouldn't be that difficult

The guy in episode 3, the one you missed when jumping straight to the Illya fight... from your response I'm not sure if you've seen the episode or even my response to your question :XD
Did I say something like that? xD Well the one where I gave you links for my recs I guess, MAL: http://myanimelist.net/
Lol yeah I did. I'm about to watch episode 2 now. Is Kirie the guy that was in the church? The one supposed to oversee the Holy Grail thing? Or the one that was sitting and talking to him? Well if so, I barely got a glimpse of them since I skipped an episode (by mistake) so I didn't think anything of him/them. I'll probably have to watch the episode first.

---------- Post added at 09:09 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:52 PM ----------

I've watched it, I see why you asked if I liked kirie. He is an interesting type and one of those that are good at manipulating. His voice and way of doing things reminds me of aizen. Who is the VA?
 

Nii

EVA Pilot
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Jun 20, 2008
Messages
28,454
Reaction score
28,222
Gender
Male
Country
Germany
Re: If we gather the time you all waste being young, this much shouldn't be that difficult

Lol yeah I did. I'm about to watch episode 2 now. Is Kirie the guy that was in the church? The one supposed to oversee the Holy Grail thing? Or the one that was sitting and talking to him? Well if so, I barely got a glimpse of them since I skipped an episode (by mistake) so I didn't think anything of him/them. I'll probably have to watch the episode first.
3 you mean...? xD Kirei is the guy overseeing the Holy Grail War, yeah. The blond dude is someone else :toc Kinda funny, it's so rare to find someone who knows absolutely nothing about the Fate story. If you have some questions or whatever after episode 3, feel free to ask. They kinda don't explain everything because ufotable expected that most have seen Fate/Zero at this point. But yes, you definitely need to watch that episode because the fundamentals will be explained there :XD

P.S: If you're wondering, Fate/Zero is, in terms of the story, a prequel to Fate/Stay Night. Yet it spoilers many things about what's to come in Fate/Stay Night, hence why anyone knowing the full story will always recommend you to play/watch Fate Stay Night first.
 

g01

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Mar 30, 2014
Messages
2,798
Reaction score
1,588
Gender
Male
Country
Turkey
Re: If we gather the time you all waste being young, this much shouldn't be that difficult

Well I watched fate/zero first and because of that I didn't like fate/stay night that much
 

Sky

Otaku Overlord
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Global Moderator
Joined
Dec 7, 2010
Messages
31,967
Reaction score
23,755
Age
35
Gender
Male
Country
Germany
Re: If we gather the time you all waste being young, this much shouldn't be that difficult

I hope you don't mean the deen version... Because that one doesn't count at all.
 

g01

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Mar 30, 2014
Messages
2,798
Reaction score
1,588
Gender
Male
Country
Turkey
Re: If we gather the time you all waste being young, this much shouldn't be that difficult

Deen version ?
 

Sky

Otaku Overlord
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Global Moderator
Joined
Dec 7, 2010
Messages
31,967
Reaction score
23,755
Age
35
Gender
Male
Country
Germany
Re: If we gather the time you all waste being young, this much shouldn't be that difficult

There is no other Stay Night Anime.
 

Nii

EVA Pilot
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Jun 20, 2008
Messages
28,454
Reaction score
28,222
Gender
Male
Country
Germany
Re: If we gather the time you all waste being young, this much shouldn't be that difficult

Well I watched fate/zero first and because of that I didn't like fate/stay night that much
Yeah you watched the trash version from Studio Deen, so not surprised at all xD It's been trash in everything, a mix of a badly delivered story and worse animation. Then again, I'm not sure which part Deen did worse.

This is the real thing, the remake my ufotable :D

 
Last edited by a moderator:
  • Like
Reactions: g01

g01

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Mar 30, 2014
Messages
2,798
Reaction score
1,588
Gender
Male
Country
Turkey
Re: If we gather the time you all waste being young, this much shouldn't be that difficult

There is no other Stay Night Anime.
There is fate/zero and fate/stay night
Subject of zero is pre-grail fight of stay night's.

---------- Post added at 09:06 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:05 AM ----------

Yeah you watched the trash version from Studio Deen, so not surprised at all xD It's been trash in everything, a mix of a badly delivered story and worse animation. Then again, I'm not sure which part Deen did worse.

This is the real thing, the remake my ufotable :D

Oooo I see thanks neechan :D

---------- Post added at 09:10 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:06 AM ----------

By the way sky,niichan what do you think about Kiritsugu ?
 
Last edited by a moderator:

Holt

#1 Ranker
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Global Moderator
Joined
Aug 6, 2014
Messages
8,036
Reaction score
8,329
Gender
Male
Country
Nigeria
Re: If we gather the time you all waste being young, this much shouldn't be that difficult

3 you mean...? xD Kirei is the guy overseeing the Holy Grail War, yeah. The blond dude is someone else :toc Kinda funny, it's so rare to find someone who knows absolutely nothing about the Fate story. If you have some questions or whatever after episode 3, feel free to ask. They kinda don't explain everything because ufotable expected that most have seen Fate/Zero at this point. But yes, you definitely need to watch that episode because the fundamentals will be explained there :XD
Yeah it's the 3rd episode but it's technically the 2nd since the first episode is named '0' :XD. I've watched it, I had already gone up to episode 7 prior to that. Well I can tell there are bits missing but so far, it doesn't look like anything major or something so huge that I can't follow the story. I guess I'll find out more about it in due time?

P.S: If you're wondering, Fate/Zero is, in terms of the story, a prequel to Fate/Stay Night. Yet it spoilers many things about what's to come in Fate/Stay Night, hence why anyone knowing the full story will always recommend you to play/watch Fate Stay Night first.
So I'm gonna have to watch Zero after this? I thought it was crap.
And yeah, we do exist...people that know nothing about it I mean :p
 

g01

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Mar 30, 2014
Messages
2,798
Reaction score
1,588
Gender
Male
Country
Turkey
Re: If we gather the time you all waste being young, this much shouldn't be that difficult

So I'm gonna have to watch Zero after this? I thought it was crap.
And yeah, we do exist...people that know nothing about it I mean :p
No Zero is the best :verily
 

Holt

#1 Ranker
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Global Moderator
Joined
Aug 6, 2014
Messages
8,036
Reaction score
8,329
Gender
Male
Country
Nigeria
Re: If we gather the time you all waste being young, this much shouldn't be that difficult

Is it?
 

g01

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Mar 30, 2014
Messages
2,798
Reaction score
1,588
Gender
Male
Country
Turkey
Re: If we gather the time you all waste being young, this much shouldn't be that difficult

I liked it more than stay night
 

Holt

#1 Ranker
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Global Moderator
Joined
Aug 6, 2014
Messages
8,036
Reaction score
8,329
Gender
Male
Country
Nigeria
Re: If we gather the time you all waste being young, this much shouldn't be that difficult

FSN Unlimited Blade works? The one Niichan posted a vid of? Well I don't know much about the whole thing so I can't make a call on that :XD
 

Sky

Otaku Overlord
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Global Moderator
Joined
Dec 7, 2010
Messages
31,967
Reaction score
23,755
Age
35
Gender
Male
Country
Germany
Re: If we gather the time you all waste being young, this much shouldn't be that difficult

Again. Stay Night anime does NOT count.
I can't say this enough.
 

g01

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Mar 30, 2014
Messages
2,798
Reaction score
1,588
Gender
Male
Country
Turkey
Re: If we gather the time you all waste being young, this much shouldn't be that difficult

FSN Unlimited Blade works? The one Niichan posted a vid of? Well I don't know much about the whole thing so I can't make a call on that :XD
:XD
Yes it is i suppose and holt what do you think about Kiritsugu
 

Nii

EVA Pilot
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Jun 20, 2008
Messages
28,454
Reaction score
28,222
Gender
Male
Country
Germany
Re: If we gather the time you all waste being young, this much shouldn't be that difficult

No Zero is the best :verily
ah man, it hurts to read the convo of two people who hardly know anything about the franchise. Let me give you a general overview, which should hopefully clear most questions.

Release Order: Fate/Stay Night Visual Novel -> Fate/Hollow Ataraxia Visual Novel -> Fate/Stay Night Anime (by Studio Deen) -> Fate/Stay Night UBW Movie (by Studio Deen) -> Fate/Zero Light Novel -> Fate/Zero Anime (by ufotable) -> Fate/Stay Night UBW 2014 (by ufotable)

Not going to mention the multiple spin-offs flying around, that would be too confusing. As for a more detailed explanation.

First was the Fate/Stay Night Visual Novel. It consists of three different routes: Fate, Unlimited Blade Works (UBW) and Heavens Feel. Beloved by a big fanbase, some are hyping it to death. I've played and loved it, but everyone is free to form his own opinion.

Fate/Hollow Ataraxia was released a year later, a kind of sequel. Not going to say anything else, as it doesn't really matter at the level you're currently at xD

Fate/Stay Night Anime by Studio Deen. Released 2006 IIRC, they tried to adapt the Visual Novel. Failed horribly, because they tried to mix all three routes together into a mishmash. Characterization done wrong, animation lackluster... I'm not sure if there's anything good about it, the fanbase behind the Visual Novel loves to ridicule this anime or to say it doesn't even exist :XD

Fate/Stay Night UBW Movie. For whatever weird reason, Studio Deen made another attempt at adapting the Visual Novel. This time they focused on one route alone, UBW. Ofc it failed hard because they tried to squeeze long hours of reading from the Visual Novel into a movie that's not even 2 hours long.

Fate/Zero Light Novels. Gen Urobuchi, a very famous guy among westeners and native japanese people, wrote the Novels focusing on the 4th Holy Grail War (basically what happened prior to Stay Night 10 years ago). He worked on it together with Kinoko Nasu, the creator of the story behind Fate/Stay Night. Was amazing to many and sold well, so ofc....

we got the Fate/Zero Anime. This anime is the reason that the vast majority of western people got to know the Fate franchise. ufotable was praised for the insane level of animation and depicturing the story mostly faithful to the Light Novels. The anime was insanely popular in Japan too, both seasons are in the Top 10 of sold copies (DVD/Blu-ray) ever.

So ufotable got a shit ton of praise, got even more of a shit ton of money and TYPE-MOON (the company behind the whole Fate franchise) became even more popular and wealthy. So yes, ofc they decided to remake the original series and ufotable obviously was more than willing to make that happen. For reasons that remain a mystery ufotable decided to ignore the first route of the Visual Novel, Fate, and jumped right to the second, UBW. That's the anime currently airing. Afterwards we will get a movie, or most likely a set of movies for Heavens Feel, the last route of the Visual Novel. They're going for movies there because there's some pretty grim and heavy stuff featured there, making an anime out of that would've certainly led to censoring.

__________________

okay lol that turned rather long, but now you guys should have an idea XD
 
  • Like
Reactions: g01

Holt

#1 Ranker
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Global Moderator
Joined
Aug 6, 2014
Messages
8,036
Reaction score
8,329
Gender
Male
Country
Nigeria
Re: If we gather the time you all waste being young, this much shouldn't be that difficult

:XD
Yes it is i suppose and holt what do you think about Kiritsugu
Who's that? Is is Kirie?

@Niichan,

So Zero is done by the same guys? Oh right, I was about to ask why I didn't start with that and remembered you said it had some spoilers. That means I should watch it after this right?
You also didn't answer about Kirie's VA
 

Nii

EVA Pilot
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Jun 20, 2008
Messages
28,454
Reaction score
28,222
Gender
Male
Country
Germany
Re: If we gather the time you all waste being young, this much shouldn't be that difficult

Who's that? Is is Kirie?

@Niichan,

So Zero is done by the same guys? Oh right, I was about to ask why I didn't start with that and remembered you said it had some spoilers. That means I should watch it after this right?
You also didn't answer about Kirie's VA
I think you should know by now if you've reached Episode 8... :XD It's Emiya Shirou's foster father, Emiya Kiritsugu. The protagonist of Fate/Zero. Kotomine Kirei has a major role there too but that would be too much of a spoiler.

... well normally it would be best to read the Visual Novel before going into Zero, because it just spoils a lot. It was never meant to be watched/read before Fate/Stay Night. It's just that Fate Zero is more popular and well-known among casuals, so that's where most start. Heck even I did watch Fate Zero first and then played the Stay Night Visual Novel because I liked the anime so much. Sky can prolly tell you better than me, I made him play the Visual Novel and then he watched Zero afterwards, so he's done it the proper way (thanks to me ofc :teehee). He loved the Visual Novel nearly as much as I did, I think xD

but yeah, if you're not in the mood for that you can watch Zero afterwards. Visual Novel would be way better to read first, but I could understand if you're not willing to go into another whole new medium for you XD I guess you can decide once you're done with the anime.

---------- Post added at 06:26 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:25 PM ----------

What about Kirei's VA? He's a pretty famous VA, I guess you could know him from Naruto (Baki) or One Piece (Hody Jones). He's also going to voice Keyes from Fairy Tail.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top