Discussion The DGM Hiatus Thread -Hiatus Ends July 17th-

Status
Not open for further replies.

Iownamovingcastle

MH Senpai
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jul 6, 2014
Messages
652
Reaction score
557
Gender
Female
Country
United States
I am on vacation starting July 17th and there is a little pang in my heart that I won't be able to discuss the revival for at least a week lol. I mean, I know my vacation is more important but....
I am in America though so I will have to wait anyway especially for a translation.
 

Zibi234

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
May 11, 2008
Messages
2,445
Reaction score
1,679
Gender
Male
Country
Poland
Wont there be any internet access where you are going ? (hot spots) So in the day you enjoy normal life while in bed you use phone/tablet/laptops to enter and read spoilers/chapter :) since knowing that there is something you waited for 2-3years will eat you from the inside so you wont be able to enjoy vacation to the fullest :)
 

tgirl

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Apr 28, 2009
Messages
429
Reaction score
575
Gender
Hidden
Country
United States
Oh, I didn't know they had international stores. That's interesting. Generally speaking, I find most bookstores are more than willing to order in something their chain carries but they don't happen to have in stock. Some even carry magazine subscriptions for people to pick up as they come in (sort of like a preorder on Amazon, but you have to go get it yourself). If you're in a large city, you might check if you have a local library that carries foreign language magazines, too. They might be persuaded to add Crown to their list if they know people want it. (The next time you're in the Tokyo area, you should visit the flagship Kinokuniya though! Ebisu station south exit, I think it was. I wasn't looking at manga but it's probably the biggest bookstore I've ever been in.)

Anyway, if you manage to get a hold of a copy, I trust you'll let us know. :)
So, I managed to call the store several minutes ago, because they'll be closing in less than an hour. As expected, the store clerk has never heard of SQ.Crown, didn't see it show up on the computer system, and will not be expecting to see this mag show up in their store. To make matters a little somber for this store, they will be putting a stop to several mags in the coming future.

On the flip side, as you said in your post, the clerk did tell me that I can subscribe to the magazine if I wanted to. She said it would be cheaper too. I told her that I'll think about it and if I do decide, I'd like to do it in person. I think it would probably be easier to show the mangazine cover in person as well, just to give her a clearer image. Her final advice was that I can also try the NYC store, because they do get more mags over there. Just not sure it justifies the toll price and NY sales tax just for SQ.Crown.

I am curious about the subscription part, but I'm not sure I can be fully committed to subscribing. I worry about room space for these big phone book mags, and I think I want to recycle one of them. (I do need to clean my room. Haha.... ^__^). Will have to really think on this. The SQ.Crown comes out on a work day for me. By Saturday, I bet the internet will be flooded so it's like analyzing chess here. (I will also keep you updated on what happens next with my decision.)

As for Kinokuniya Ebisu, itself, I think I'll be pretty use to that kind of size. The NYC flagship store is three stories tall, but I know everything in Japan is bigger. I was shocked to see how big their electronics store during my first visit. Even in Osaka, you'd still find a huge electronics store too. I would definitely love to visit a Kinokuniya in Japan, one day. Thanks for the tip on the Ebisu Station location. I'll keep that in mind. :).
 

Naomi

MH's Most Beautiful Member
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Aug 6, 2010
Messages
3,193
Reaction score
6,936
Gender
Hidden
Country
Fun Forum
HOLY SHET:arf.

We made it, guys!
 

fuff

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Feb 6, 2010
Messages
537
Reaction score
156
Age
37
Gender
Female
Country
Canada
is there a way to order this issue? i want the poster
 

shinobi

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
May 19, 2008
Messages
1,356
Reaction score
4,575
Country
Dragonstone
Chapter 220 has around 45-50 pages, according to a pic on instagram
I didn't see that picture, but I'm glad to know it's a long chapter, I actually imagined it to be only around 30-35 pages,, this will make up for the quarterly release somehow.
 

riki

Storyteller
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Sep 12, 2008
Messages
13,935
Reaction score
15,894
Gender
Female
Country
United States
When do you guys think the spoilers will come out?
 

MSofAofCOCA

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jan 28, 2010
Messages
1,116
Reaction score
664
Gender
Female
Country
United States
Chapter 220 has around 45-50 pages, according to a pic on instagram
Sauce, please?

Also, I assume it was a typo, but wasn't it supposed to be chapter 219?
 

NonExisted

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jan 22, 2010
Messages
1,115
Reaction score
1,640
Gender
Hidden
Country
Vietnam
I just did a little math on this picture


By using the scroll of the page management sub-window and the number of pages per scroll. In the picture the pages are already in the stage of lining so there is no point to add or cut out pages.

And it's not chapter 219, considering how chapter 218 ends. It can be more advance even than chapter 220 since Allen wears different clothes from chapter 218

I remember saying this before :sweat
 
Last edited:

tgirl

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Apr 28, 2009
Messages
429
Reaction score
575
Gender
Hidden
Country
United States
Brief update on Kinokuniya.

It seems SQ.Crown is still not in their system (- at least, for the U.S.). Still pretty understandable, because it's a brand new magazine.

I went to the store in the early evening of my timezone. The lady I spoke to, on the phone from Monday, wasn't there. Instead, there were two guys. I showed a printed out picture of SQ.Crown's cover to both clerks. The Japanese clerk checked the computer and still found no SQ.Crown, but he asked for my name and number. He, or someone else, is going to call the publisher/distributor to see if they will be shipping any SQ.Crowns overseas. Keeping fingers crossed for this. @__@ For the subscription part, I told him I'll try a 1 year plan and a "pick-up at store" option. It's 8 USD extra to ship to my door.

I'm at this JP shopping center on an often/monthly basis, so, I think with SQ.Crown's release schedule, that can easily be woven in. However, that all depends on whether each issue will be exactly on the 17th or not (depending on SQ.Crown's next release date).

Here's hoping that a phone call happens in these coming days. >__< Don't get hopes up, just yet.

is there a way to order this issue? i want the poster
As Monkey said, you can try Ebay (----- i.e. reputable English language manga store site, in Japan, would be a plus.---). Their shipping/handling fee can be a bit reasonable depending on your order.

Amazon.co.jp does allow books to be shipped overseas, but keep in mind, shipping and handling + tax will be pricey. If you're willing to pay that amount, then go for it.
 
Last edited:

NonExisted

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jan 22, 2010
Messages
1,115
Reaction score
1,640
Gender
Hidden
Country
Vietnam
I don't know if this amazon is legit but here it is

I ordered Gray Ark once before and got in quite some problems so this time I think I will pass ;_;
 

tgirl

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Apr 28, 2009
Messages
429
Reaction score
575
Gender
Hidden
Country
United States
^ Yeah, that's the link to SQ.Crown's page. I did take a peek at it last night, but there isn't much info on it as of now.

No ISBN, page amount info, publishing info, the yen price, and etc. I think by next week, there should be more info on that page including the cover.

And yes, ordering anything from Amazon.co.jp, as an overseas' customer, can lead to some issues. I don't know about your issues, non-chan, but for me, it was the wait time and the rationale justification of spending that kind of amount of money. Never again will I do Amazon.co.jp. Never again. >__<
 

NonExisted

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jan 22, 2010
Messages
1,115
Reaction score
1,640
Gender
Hidden
Country
Vietnam
I ordered it from CDJapan. The book got stuck for a while at customs department due to "inappreciate contents" (happens a lot to anime-manga related products).

I wonder if CDJapan has Crown, but either way, I don't have that much of intention
 

Lomahongva

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jan 21, 2011
Messages
697
Reaction score
795
Gender
Female
Country
Spain
I'm so happy now... Finally Hoshino sensei and D.Gray-Man is making their come back!!!! :celebrate:x3

ALthough it seems that the number of pages is still unknown, the amount of 45-50 pages per chapter seems good IMHO. Four chapters of 45 pages a year, give enough pages to release a volume a year. :)
 

fuff

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Feb 6, 2010
Messages
537
Reaction score
156
Age
37
Gender
Female
Country
Canada
I ordered it from CDJapan. The book got stuck for a while at customs department due to "inappreciate contents" (happens a lot to anime-manga related products).

I wonder if CDJapan has Crown, but either way, I don't have that much of intention
ordered what from cdjapan??
 

tgirl

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Apr 28, 2009
Messages
429
Reaction score
575
Gender
Hidden
Country
United States
I ordered it from CDJapan. The book got stuck for a while at customs department due to "inappreciate contents" (happens a lot to anime-manga related products).

I wonder if CDJapan has Crown, but either way, I don't have that much of intention
D: Wow. I think Amazon.co.jp has this policy about shipping inappropriate books out to overseas, but I'm sure CDJapan is a bit more lenient on that.

The book got stuck at customs? I can understand why, but in my mind, I now have this mental image of a bunch of (middle age) customs agents unwrapping the plastic wrap and opening the book. :plot (Just kidding on that, but hopefully, it didn't really go that way. ^^; )

Also, looking through CDJapan, I see several SQs. It's a possibility that they could have SQ.Crown.

SQ.Crown is brand new so it seems like a lot of online book sites are left in the dark, completely. When I mean online book sites, I think of the popular JP stores like Tsutaya. At the same time, I do notice that every major manga publisher don't release the info of their next mangazine issue until the very last minute of the week of the release date. I sometimes find that a little frustrating, but what can you do...? Everything seems to be planned right down to the wire including SQ.Crown's manga competition.
 

MSofAofCOCA

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jan 28, 2010
Messages
1,116
Reaction score
664
Gender
Female
Country
United States
Brief update on Kinokuniya.

It seems SQ.Crown is still not in their system (- at least, for the U.S.). Still pretty understandable, because it's a brand new magazine.

I went to the store in the early evening of my timezone. The lady I spoke to, on the phone from Monday, wasn't there. Instead, there were two guys. I showed a printed out picture of SQ.Crown's cover to both clerks. The Japanese clerk checked the computer and still found no SQ.Crown, but he asked for my name and number. He, or someone else, is going to call the publisher/distributor to see if they will be shipping any SQ.Crowns overseas. Keeping fingers crossed for this. @__@
Can you keep me updated if you learn something new? I might actually be in the area in NYC in the 18th, so if they will have it stocked I would like to stop by and pick up a copy.
 

fuff

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Feb 6, 2010
Messages
537
Reaction score
156
Age
37
Gender
Female
Country
Canada
if anyone does get their hand on it please take pics of the poster and extras, hoping it will be on cdjapan since ppl on ebay are gonna try to rip u off >.<
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top