Mag Talk Weekly Shonen Jump [2015-2016] - Discussion and TOC Talk

Status
Not open for further replies.

SharkBait

MH Senpai
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Aug 23, 2013
Messages
14,071
Reaction score
6,930
Gender
Male
Country
United States
If trolling editors is the schtick, why dind't they do it wit BnHA or Black Clover? Why not Sesuji which clearly asa manga that sells 20-30K would be a better fit there?
One thing I can say for certain is that Sesuji is not being promoted due to having a famous author and the proof for it is Stealth Symphony and Guns blaze west by Watsuki which got the axe at 3 volumes long after he wrote the masterpiece which is Kenshin.

Also, when was the last time a manga recieved the trolling editor treatment and outlived 4 volumes?
They were chapters when BLack Clover magically fell down then all of a sudden in the next issue was back in the top 5, very suspicious.
 

Stark700

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Mar 6, 2013
Messages
1,010
Reaction score
814
Gender
Hidden
Country
Winterfell
He has a point though. Anything is possible this early. Unlikely, but possible.

A lot of people thought Samon and Black Clover were dead in the water based on their respective chapter 8 ranks alone. Lets not forget that there was a lone instance where a manga was dead last at chapter 8, but it lasted a fairly long time.
http://hamada.tsukaeru.info/jump/2007/jump0741.html
 

susanoo13

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Mar 29, 2010
Messages
1,270
Reaction score
483
Age
39
Gender
Male
Country
Israel
Or that there were chapters that were actuallyless better than others and the crowd that likes it and a lot doesn't do so blindly. Toriko had those as well in the late 40's. It is early to say, Gintama was bottom 5 until chapter 20 or so and than recieved a color page and rose and Sket dance was dead last since it really was disliked. The quality of a series can change between great and godawful for fans and the can react accordingly(Bleach), sometimes for a capter or 2 and sometimes to jump ship altogether...
 

saef1234

Registered User
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
Jun 4, 2015
Messages
33
Reaction score
13
Gender
Male
Country
Australia
One piece was actutally absent in the ranked issue so that means technically black clover is number 1

looks like hero and clover are this generation's one piece and naruto respectively. hoping for a third new series to take bleach's former place and give us a new big three
 
Last edited:

Lehran

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Aug 23, 2013
Messages
362
Reaction score
493
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil
looks like hero and clover are this generation's one piece and naruto respectively. hoping for a third new series to take bleach's former place and give us a new big three
Actually, I think it would be better to call them the new Naruto and Bleach, because... One Piece won't end, so it will be part of the next generation too.
 

WyldViolet

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Oct 25, 2012
Messages
4,105
Reaction score
5,852
Age
33
Country
United States
Actually, I think it would be better to call them the new Naruto and Bleach, because... One Piece won't end, so it will be part of the next generation too.
That's doing a huge disservice to Hero Academy though. (jk,jk, not really, but jk).

In all seriousness though I'm excited for the future of battle manga in Jump.
Kei Monri is going to come in eventually and kick some ass and take some major names.

I think Fujimaki's new one-shot has a good chance of success (well maybe, Black Clover unfortunately might cannibalize the votes for it). Had really nice atmosphere, and we all know that Fujimaki is better with super powers and action than he is a legitimate sports series.
My main gripe is the sword kid is far too fucking whiny and obnoxious. Hopefully that gets toned down in serialization.

I think it's likely we'll see Tomohiro Yagi, Ryo Ishiyama, and Yusaku Shibata come back this year and I think all of them (despite the flaws of their initial serializations) have the potential to create something huge. (It's too soon for Utsumi Yusuke to come back, but I also consider him a newbie with exceptional amounts of potential. Ultra Battle Satellite felt incredibly refined for a first time serialization)


I'm desperate for Matsumoto Nayoya to join paper Jump.
Pochi Kuro was just too good for him to not be in the main magazine.

I'm also still anxiously awaiting the return of Daijiro Nonoue. It's been 3 years since Mutou Black so I'm sure he'll have something for us soon.
His art and panelwork is soooo good.
Writing is meh, but it was his first serialization so he can always improve.
 

Newkerzy

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Nov 22, 2008
Messages
7,557
Reaction score
5,409
Age
35
Gender
Male
Country
Indonesia
Could work, except that I don't like how Fujimaki is being too obvious pandering to his fujoshi base. There were a couple of lines that made me roll my eyes with its blatant pandering. Fine by me if he wants to, but you can pander to a specific base without being too obvious about it.

But putting that aside, the story and feel of it has potential. If he does get it serialized, I'm hoping for a similar style to the old days of fantasy-RPG stories. If Fujimaki can make his characters more diverse, (the glaring lack of a heroine in the one-shot, for one) and keep it simple, he might make it big.
 

Mammo

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Mar 20, 2015
Messages
4,755
Reaction score
8,897
Gender
Male
Country
Holy Britannian Empire
In all seriousness though I'm excited for the future of battle manga in Jump.
Kei Monri is going to come in eventually and kick some ass and take some major names.
they had some interesting newbies last year, Genki Ono's Aka ke Acho oneshot was great, Takamasa Moue's Galaxy Gangs one shot was cool & had potential

I think Fujimaki's new one-shot has a good chance of success (well maybe, Black Clover unfortunately might cannibalize the votes for it). Had really nice atmosphere, and we all know that Fujimaki is better with super powers and action than he is a legitimate sports series.
My main gripe is the sword kid is far too fucking whiny and obnoxious. Hopefully that gets toned down in serialization..
I think this was done on purpose, this was how Pop was written in Dragon Quest beginning, when his character developed he stole the show from Dai

I think it's likely we'll see Tomohiro Yagi, Ryo Ishiyama, and Yusaku Shibata come back this year and I think all of them (despite the flaws of their initial serializations) have the potential to create something huge. (It's too soon for Utsumi Yusuke to come back, but I also consider him a newbie with exceptional amounts of potential. Ultra Battle Satellite felt incredibly refined for a first time serialization)
I'm also still anxiously awaiting the return of Daijiro Nonoue. It's been 3 years since Mutou Black so I'm sure he'll have something for us soon.
His art and panelwork is soooo good.
Writing is meh, but it was his first serialization so he can always improve.
I think you forgot Tamura, anyway, I second all of those, I'll add Shou Aimoto to the list of people I want back

I'm desperate for Matsumoto Nayoya to join paper Jump.
Pochi Kuro was just too good for her to not be in the main magazine.
She should team up with her husband (Bobobobo mangaka) they have a similar artstyle & similar sense of comedy, I'm sure if they team up they will come up with something great
 

SharkBait

MH Senpai
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Aug 23, 2013
Messages
14,071
Reaction score
6,930
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Do people really & actually want more battle manga? I would love to see more genres offered in the magazine, like the swimming manga, baseball and soccer (where are you?), sci-fi technology (thank you world trigger), school life with a twist (Gakkyuu Hotei, Assassination Classroom), modern fantasy (Stealth Symphony). Battle series are and have been done extensively.
 

ShenGao

MH Senpai
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Feb 13, 2015
Messages
4,503
Reaction score
6,604
Country
Germany
Do people really & actually want more battle manga? I would love to see more genres offered in the magazine, like the swimming manga, baseball and soccer (where are you?), sci-fi technology (thank you world trigger), school life with a twist (Gakkyuu Hotei, Assassination Classroom), modern fantasy (Stealth Symphony). Battle series are and have been done extensively.
I will gladly accept sport manga if they aren't some kind of Fujobait.
Other than that i'd like to see a good comedy manga again, a good (or at least better than Nisekoi) RomCom and maybe some Sci-Fi Fantasy.
 

dark123

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Apr 1, 2012
Messages
1,298
Reaction score
394
Age
35
Gender
Male
Country
Poland
I would be happy If Sorachi after Gintama starts Bankara :D His oneshot was epic. It would be nice battle manga. Well i like sport mangas If they are good ones like Slam Dunk, Hinomaru Zumou. Haikyuu for me is not that good. Haikyuu is volleyball version of Kuroko and it can bore you if there is too much that kind of mangas. It is too much unreal. I simply love battle mangas xD
 
Last edited:

Pietro

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Oct 20, 2012
Messages
2,401
Reaction score
814
Gender
Male
Country
Italy
Guys,speaking of Black clover, do you remember who was the one that said before it got serialized,that it would be serialized and then become a succesful manga in Shonen jump? Then it seems like my prediction of so long time ago was correct.:3c:3c I'm too lazy now to find the post because it's very old,but I assure you that I'm not lying
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---
When Baseball manga will end I hope there will be a manga on poetry/litterature( You have no idea how so many things could be made with them). I would like a manga on space and on football,too
 

Lehran

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Aug 23, 2013
Messages
362
Reaction score
493
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil
a good (or at least better than Nisekoi) RomCom
Most Nisekoi fans are saying the manga will very probably end this year. Its end will be a great opportunity for a new romcom to become successful in Jump.

I hoped Kazurou Kyou (Hime-Dol author) would fill that slot in the magazine after Nisekoi's end, but his latest oneshot wasn't a romcom...
 
Last edited:

ShenGao

MH Senpai
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Feb 13, 2015
Messages
4,503
Reaction score
6,604
Country
Germany
Most Nisekoi fans are saying the manga will very probably end this year. Its end will be a great opportunity for a new romcom to become successful in Jump.

I hoped Kazurou Kyou (Hime-Dol author) would fill that slot in the magazine after Nisekoi's end, but his latest oneshot wasn't a romcom...
From what i heard Samon-kun made a turn and is now a RomCom. That's also supposedly the reason how it came back from the dead.
 

WyldViolet

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Oct 25, 2012
Messages
4,105
Reaction score
5,852
Age
33
Country
United States
I want more battle manga & I'm not even slightly ashamed to admit it
Same.
I mostly read manga for nostalgic escapism.
If I want something actually substantial I'll turn to my film or my music.
What's nostalgic to me is battle manga.
There's nothing in manga that compares to the works of Yasujiro Ozu, Eric Rohmer, Andrew Bujalski, or Abbas Kiarostami,
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---
Guys,speaking of Black clover, do you remember who was the one that said before it got serialized,that it would be serialized and then become a succesful manga in Shonen jump? Then it seems like my prediction of so long time ago was correct.:3c:3c I'm too lazy now to find the post because it's very old,but I assure you that I'm not lying
Whoop de doo.
People say that about pretty much any battle manga one-shot.
 

xAsum0x

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Dec 4, 2014
Messages
1,763
Reaction score
1,582
Gender
Male
Country
United States
It's hard to predict what's gonna a be successful or not. I remember people in here saying MHA was gonna get canceled because of how generic it was.
 

James Rye

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Oct 18, 2014
Messages
2,019
Reaction score
6,506
Age
37
Gender
Male
Country
Germany
Or Black Clover. And I still think it's nothing special or well-thought but it sells and ranks highly enough to stay for the years to come.

What I'd like to see in Jump would be a battle manga with a female lead, a competent female lead. Sure shounen usually have males as main lead, but why not have a female main MC? It's why I hoped for that Tiger and Dragon brothers manga to get a serialization. Its female lead is a male turned female, but I take what I can get. Plus it was pretty funny.^^
 

WesKR

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Nov 27, 2013
Messages
168
Reaction score
105
Gender
Hidden
Country
United States
I want less traditional sports series like baseball, basketball, shogi/go/boardgames, etc. I want a nontraditional sport series, like mountain climbing or extreme parkour, or even blacksmithing. (It's considered a form of art.. It could work..)
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top