Mag Talk Weekly Shonen Jump [2015-2016] - Discussion and TOC Talk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tamil

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Apr 12, 2016
Messages
4,125
Reaction score
5,841
Country
Winterfell
It is a lot, but in comparison with other series that were ranking in similar positions it way behind. Is other series Leader Den Takeshi, was one of the pillars of Jump at the same time of One Piece beginning, and the info we got is that printed 8 Million copies in around 24 volumes. So around 333k per volume. Though is also important to note that it was a Comedy/gag manga.

The anime ended. If it will return(and so hiatus) is anybody guess. The chances it return though are very very slim at this point, because Dragon Ball is doing incredible well, right now. And after Dragon Ball is probable that Toei will pick a new anime, or invest in some Legendary old one, just like they are right now doing Tiger Mask.
That's not bad and it didn't even have an anime. It makes me wonder how successful it would of possibly have gotten if Shimabukuro didn't get arrested and if the seires got an anime. That series can't get a anime atm right?

True. Wait, they're doing Tiger Man?! When is it coming out or is it out and I'm just clueless? They should've restored Kinnikuman instead but oh well maybe one day it will get a major reboot... That will be a glorious day.
 

TyVip

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Aug 30, 2015
Messages
2,721
Reaction score
2,814
Gender
Male
Country
Mariejoa
I read around 10 chapters of Black Clover. My thoughts:

I like it, even though i see a combination of Fairy Tail + Naruto. OP villains in the first 10 chapters ( around 13 for Fairy Tail and chapter 10 for Naruto).

Compare to enen no shouboutai, this is better. Compare to My Hero Academia, I enjoy Black Clover more.

Keep in mind that liking something doesn't mean that it's good.
 

Bigivelfhq

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Sep 22, 2013
Messages
846
Reaction score
501
Age
37
Gender
Male
Country
Portugal
That's not bad and it didn't even have an anime. It makes me wonder how successful it would of possibly have gotten if Shimabukuro didn't get arrested and if the seires got an anime. That series can't get a anime atm right?

True. Wait, they're doing Tiger Man?! When is it coming out or is it out and I'm just clueless? They should've restored Kinnikuman instead but oh well maybe one day it will get a major reboot... That will be a glorious day.
The new Tiger Mask was only announced to be green lit. There is still no info about when will air, though I assume still this year.

Here the link with the info: http://www.toei-anim.co.jp/tv/tigermask_w/
 

susanoo13

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Mar 29, 2010
Messages
1,270
Reaction score
483
Age
39
Gender
Male
Country
Israel
If we're talking about a reboot, a glorious thing will be Kenshin complete reboot and maybe Slam dunk reboot in 2018 celebrating 25 years since it's serialization with added contend by Inoue-Sensei. he did say in an interview that he ended the manga since he couldn't top at the time the game he drew and that now he believes that he can.
 

Tamil

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Apr 12, 2016
Messages
4,125
Reaction score
5,841
Country
Winterfell
If we're talking about a reboot, a glorious thing will be Kenshin complete reboot and maybe Slam dunk reboot in 2018 celebrating 25 years since it's serialization with added contend by Inoue-Sensei. he did say in an interview that he ended the manga since he couldn't top at the time the game he drew and that now he believes that he can.
Those reboots would be nice. Slam Dunk was one of the series that got me into anime.
 

UFOCat

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
May 21, 2016
Messages
201
Reaction score
56
Age
29
Country
United States
I know this was a long time ago, but in the Jump Next vol.1 2016 how was the one-shot done by the author of best blue? Also, could someone give me a run down on 『スレッド・オブ・ザ・デッド』 and 『ツバキザクラ』. Those one-shots peaked my interests, yet I acted to late, and now that issue of Jump Next is out of stock on Amazon.
Also, Jump, where is Genjuui Toteku?
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---
Also Jump, where is Galaxy Gang? If Takuan and Batsu could become a series, Galaxy Gang sure as hell should too!
 
Last edited:

RafaFedKilla

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Dec 3, 2013
Messages
1,727
Reaction score
464
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Well, Gunjou Toteku still needs to be serialized and I imagine that will definitely happen before Galaxy Gangs. Since Gunjou won the Gold Future Cup.

P.s. I miss Night King too.
 

jagman1x3

MH Senpai
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Sep 19, 2012
Messages
2,616
Reaction score
2,843
Gender
Male
Country
United States
I know this was a long time ago, but in the Jump Next vol.1 2016 how was the one-shot done by the author of best blue? Also, could someone give me a run down on 『スレッド・オブ・ザ・デッド』 and 『ツバキザクラ』. Those one-shots peaked my interests, yet I acted to late, and now that issue of Jump Next is out of stock on Amazon.
Also, Jump, where is Genjuui Toteku?
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---
Also Jump, where is Galaxy Gang? If Takuan and Batsu could become a series, Galaxy Gang sure as hell should too!
Huh, I somehow managed completely to completely forget I even had that issue before I even read it. Haven't had time to give them more than a quick skim, but Thread of the Dead actually looks like something I'd really enjoy. Gonna have to read that more in-depth tomorrow. The Best Blue author's one and Jibakizakura looked okay, pretty generic but I didn't really pay too much attention so they might be alright.
 

SharkBait

MH Senpai
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Aug 23, 2013
Messages
14,079
Reaction score
6,938
Gender
Male
Country
United States
No anime :(
 

Mammo

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Mar 20, 2015
Messages
4,755
Reaction score
8,897
Gender
Male
Country
Holy Britannian Empire
#27 TOC:



Cover:



Next issue's PV:

Weekly Shounen Jump Issue 27:
Hinomaru Zumou (Cover, Lead CP)
My Hero Academia
One Piece
Boruto (CP)
The Disaster of Psi Kusuo Saiki
Blade of Demon Destruction (CP)
Black Clover
Food Wars
Samon the Summoner
Straighten Up! Welcome to Shika High's Competitive Dance Club
Haikyuu!!
Takuan and Batsu's Daily Demon Diary
Hunter x Hunter
Yuragi-sou no Yuuna-san
Mononofu
Kochira Katsushika-ku Kameari Kouen-mae Hashutsujo
World Trigger
Gintama
Bleach
Toriko
Nisekoi
Chronicle of Isobe -Life is Hard-

Weekly Shounen Jump Issue 28:

Cover, Lead CP: Haikyuu!!
CP: Black Clover, Straighten Up! Welcome to Shika High's Competitive Dance Club, Yuragi-sou no Yuuna-san
 

vampire killer

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Dec 3, 2011
Messages
802
Reaction score
465
Gender
Male
Country
Bulgaria
Yuragi-sou no Yuuna-san vol 1 will sell a LOT. At leas 60-80k for the first week. 40k for the first 3 days.
 

Xzone

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Nov 2, 2014
Messages
888
Reaction score
698
Gender
Male
Country
Isle of Man
Yuragi-sou no Yuuna-san vol 1 will sell a LOT. At leas 60-80k for the first week. 40k for the first 3 days.
Agree , also it will have nipples in the volume.
More affraid of Kimetsu, still it has better look than mononofu or Samon-kun in my opinion(talk about how will to sell not quality)
 

UFOCat

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
May 21, 2016
Messages
201
Reaction score
56
Age
29
Country
United States
Huh, I somehow managed completely to completely forget I even had that issue before I even read it. Haven't had time to give them more than a quick skim, but Thread of the Dead actually looks like something I'd really enjoy. Gonna have to read that more in-depth tomorrow. The Best Blue author's one and Jibakizakura looked okay, pretty generic but I didn't really pay too much attention so they might be alright.
I'm pretty sure it's "tsubakizakura" and I thought that one looked the most interesting. The preview picture looks funny. Is the content of the one shot not that good?
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---
Jump must be really pushing Yuno-san because it's placement in the magazine sure doesn't reflect it getting a color page in the next issue. Jump already has Soma, why is there need for another ecchi manga?
 

Xzone

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Nov 2, 2014
Messages
888
Reaction score
698
Gender
Male
Country
Isle of Man
Only series who fall in the bottom after 8 issue don't get CP when the first volume release.
 

UFOCat

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
May 21, 2016
Messages
201
Reaction score
56
Age
29
Country
United States
Well the bottom pretty much consists of manga that Jump will never cancel, so one could say Yuno-san is in the bottom and Jump could just be giving it a little push, or a big push since it crossed over with Soma for a poster in Next. Like when does a relatively new series without even one volume released get the chance for a poster in next?
 

Ryuma00

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Apr 14, 2011
Messages
115
Reaction score
48
Age
36
Gender
Male
Country
Slovakia
I would say it can become or editors are grooming it be me next To LOVE-Ru... Nisekoi is ending and it's a right time for next hit in the rom-com (ecchi) genre.
 

jagman1x3

MH Senpai
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Sep 19, 2012
Messages
2,616
Reaction score
2,843
Gender
Male
Country
United States
remember when TG mangaka made an April fool joke 2 years ago about writing a Hisoka manga

well....

http://www.shonenjump.com/p/sp/1606/hyskoa/
I've got to say, being able to mimic someone else's art style so closely is actually really impressive. I'd never have been able to tell this wasn't drawn by Togashi himself if I didn't know beforehand.

 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top