Mag Talk Weekly Shonen Jump [2015-2016] - Discussion and TOC Talk

Status
Not open for further replies.

chrisbj

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Jul 23, 2015
Messages
191
Reaction score
80
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Toriko #41 (43,297 / 178,687)
Wow.......hope this isn't Black Clover's fate in the future
 

Leoat12

Registered User
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
May 30, 2012
Messages
13,583
Reaction score
3,219
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil
Why? Getting 40+ volumes and a successful anime is a privilege most are denied.
Toriko was anything but a failure.
It is like see an old person and say that you don't want to become like that. XD
Like... He doesn't want Black Cover to last long? XD
A series that is successful and doesn't decay until its end is rare, it is only for legends...
 

Tamil

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Apr 12, 2016
Messages
4,125
Reaction score
5,841
Country
Winterfell
It is like see an old person and say that you don't want to become like that. XD
Like... He doesn't want Black Cover to last long? XD
A series that is successful and doesn't decay until its end is rare, it is only for legends...
Very rare* Lol

Series like Reborn, Bleach, Naruto, Shaman King, etc have decayed near/at their end. I wonder if Academia/BC will fall under those categories.
 

savethecat

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Aug 5, 2016
Messages
3,330
Reaction score
5,440
Age
33
Country
United States
Very rare* Lol

Series like Reborn, Bleach, Naruto, Shaman King, etc have decayed near/at their end. I wonder if Academia/BC will fall under those categories.
Horikoshi has stated that he already has the entire series planned out and knows how everything will play out. Unless he's forced to drag it on, or does it on his on will, I think he'll be consistent with keeping it well written
 

WyldViolet

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Oct 25, 2012
Messages
4,108
Reaction score
5,856
Age
33
Country
United States
Horikoshi has stated that he already has the entire series planned out and knows how everything will play out. Unless he's forced to drag it on, or does it on his on will, I think he'll be consistent with keeping it well written
Oda said that too, then he prolonged the series.
 

Newkerzy

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Nov 22, 2008
Messages
7,562
Reaction score
5,412
Age
35
Gender
Male
Country
Indonesia
I would have guessed that they would wait until Jump Festa to announce the anime as that would have a nice flow. But it should be noted that it still only has 82 chapters. Even if that is enough for for a well paced 2 cour anime season, I wouldn't rush it or else we might end up in another Heroaca situation where the first season gives it a boost but not an explosive one as Jump probably hopes for it to have.
You know, I've been trying to find the right way to put into words about HeroAca's situation, and I think this sums it up: With Toriko, they were too eager to push it. HeroAca on the other hand, is the total opposite: they were too careful. This is when you are supposed to flat out and say WTF Jump??? Honestly, it feels they're not analyzing their market properly at all.
 

TyVip

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Aug 30, 2015
Messages
2,721
Reaction score
2,814
Gender
Male
Country
Mariejoa
Togashi should come back, write couples chapters, get a volume release and disappear again. One volume of HxH = multiple series already xD
 

Tamil

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Apr 12, 2016
Messages
4,125
Reaction score
5,841
Country
Winterfell
Horikoshi has stated that he already has the entire series planned out and knows how everything will play out. Unless he's forced to drag it on, or does it on his on will, I think he'll be consistent with keeping it well written
Most mangaka's claim to have an idea of how their series is going to end. It's not surprising or new.

Togashi should come back, write couples chapters, get a volume release and disappear again. One volume of HxH = multiple series already xD
Lol I'm already waiting for the yearly manga sales list to come out. I wonder how HxH volume 33 sold. In it's first month it sold over a million copies.
 

Leoat12

Registered User
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
May 30, 2012
Messages
13,583
Reaction score
3,219
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil
Very rare* Lol

Series like Reborn, Bleach, Naruto, Shaman King, etc have decayed near/at their end. I wonder if Academia/BC will fall under those categories.
All you mentioned rolled down the mountain for everybody to see, but I wonder about Naruto... It was still at the top of the TOC until its end and the sales didn't suffer a decrease so evident like the others... I would put Naruto among the very rare cases....
 

Silverblade

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Mar 24, 2007
Messages
999
Reaction score
595
Age
36
Gender
Male
Country
Lithuania
This is when you are supposed to flat out and say WTF Jump??? Honestly, it feels they're not analyzing their market properly at all.
If only these professionals could do a job as good as the legendary internet manga analysts™ do.
 

vampire killer

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Dec 3, 2011
Messages
802
Reaction score
465
Gender
Male
Country
Bulgaria
If I was runing jump ghos tits would be on the cover every week. The future of jump is with the tits. If you say otherwise you clearly have no idia how the manga industry works. I work at jump btw.
 

ChocoBar9

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Jan 29, 2008
Messages
2,955
Reaction score
2,573
Gender
Male
Country
United States
People would have said MHA didn't meet expectations regardless because it didn't reach Naruto sales status immediately so they'll blame it on Jump not capitalizing on it enough forgetting about what happened with Toriko so now Black Clover has to pick up the slack and when it doesn't they'll blame Jump for pushing it too much like Toriko. I guess this is what happens when you're in the dark in regards to Shuieshas expectations and unless you're not out and the open with it like with Toriko you're never going to meet expectations of anything.

Why? Getting 40+ volumes and a successful anime is a privilege most are denied.
Toriko was anything but a failure.
Here we go again :facepalm
 
Last edited:

dark123

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Apr 1, 2012
Messages
1,298
Reaction score
394
Age
35
Gender
Male
Country
Poland
I don't care now but just read this week Toriko spoilers :D I don't see it ending in near future.There would be already announcement because well so called " main villain" is almost done.
Or to be precise he was one-fingered by white oni who can only appear for one second because Toriko is too weak.
 

101nemesis

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Aug 16, 2012
Messages
3,086
Reaction score
7,183
Age
35
Gender
Male
Country
India
I don't care now but just read this week Toriko spoilers :D I don't see it ending in near future.There would be already announcement because well so called " main villain" is almost done.
Or to be precise he was one-fingered by white oni who can only appear for one second because Toriko is too weak.
Everyone said the same thing about Bleach with how Ichigo was getting bitch slapped all over the place and how there will be another power up for him. I'm still waiting for that power up from Ichigo :P
Plus, Toriko has nothing major left to show, story wise. I wouldn't be surprised if it ended in a couple of weeks or by the next round.
 

Ihore

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jun 9, 2016
Messages
1,035
Reaction score
2,280
Age
30
Country
United Kingdom

--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---
 

dark123

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Apr 1, 2012
Messages
1,298
Reaction score
394
Age
35
Gender
Male
Country
Poland
Everyone said the same thing about Bleach with how Ichigo was getting bitch slapped all over the place and how there will be another power up for him. I'm still waiting for that power up from Ichigo :P
Plus, Toriko has nothing major left to show, story wise. I wouldn't be surprised if it ended in a couple of weeks or by the next round.
Nothing? There is whole universe full of food lol. There were always hints about space trip in Toriko.
 

vampire killer

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Dec 3, 2011
Messages
802
Reaction score
465
Gender
Male
Country
Bulgaria
I see no problem with jump pushin Bc. The manga sell around 20-30k every week. After all al the volumes are in the top 500 every day. Volume 1 should be around 300k right now maybe even more.
 

Ihore

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jun 9, 2016
Messages
1,035
Reaction score
2,280
Age
30
Country
United Kingdom
This JUMP Giga has a one-shot by a dude i really like.
http://www.kpcomic.com/

he actually has a serialization going online that you can read in english or japanese for free(he only draws)

 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top