Fantasy Gray vs. Historia S12

Who wins?


  • Total voters
    30

**Silver**

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Aug 13, 2016
Messages
1,107
Reaction score
942
Age
36
Country
Finland
Yeah of course but in the end we still don't know. It's not hard to believe that Igneel MP =/< God Serena/Bloodman/Wall MP. Dragons have crazy magic power but it's not like unlimited or impossible to match. I give about 3 S12 MP to equal a Dragon's. So my formula means Neinhart could summon an Igneel historia but like you said, he might be unable to move or pass out.
LoL Igneel Magic power is completely different level Igneel was able to tear of Acnologia fucking arm..... and Neinhart was one-shotted by Natsu?? so how Neinhart the fodder is able to summon Igneel??

Darkness/Gray one-shots fodder Historias...
 

XXEliteXXAceXX

MH Senpai
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Sep 1, 2015
Messages
2,099
Reaction score
3,100
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Lmfao:XD

The gray wank is real,no hate

Gray gets stomped by just God serena high diff :derp

God serena is still strong even if hes a historia and he can still use all 8 lacrima and gray has no elemental advantange this time which is the only reason he beat invel :hee

My opinion tho :3c
Gray losing to God Serena with High Difficulty is a lot more acceptable if you ask me. But Gray losing to 3 Historias is completely mind blowing. God Serena himself can beat 3 Historias...



Imo there historia spriggans > Gray , because of their number. I don't see Gray being able to one shot one of them, because he is not allol about raw force, so he will eventually be overwhelmed
In theory, numbers would only be a problem if Gray's magic only allows him to focus on one target. But his AoE is higher than most characters. Not to mention he has freezing capabilities, so I disagree with your reasoning greatly. Gray doesn't need to one-shot them to win here (although he probably can). As long as he can take them out in a few hits, he'll still win.



@Atomicus I think this might the first time I've ever disagreed with you about anything ever :gwah

The problem with the argument that the Historias combined can't have more MP than Neinhart is that we're not exactly sure how Neinhart's MP is spent when he creates his Historias. If he had to keep exerting MP to keep his Historia up then I might agree. But if he only needs to spend MP on the initial creation of the Historia then as long as he regains his magic power inbetween each creation, only each individual Historia wouldn't be able to have more MP than Neinhart himself.

Anyways, even assuming this argument was accurate, Neinhart may have low stats but his MP should be right up there with the other Spriggans. Gray may be able to low-diff Neinhart himself but if his MP is distributed between three much more offensive Historias Gray's gonna have a much harder time. I'm not sure who exactly would win but it would definitely be at least high-diff either way.
Yes, Neinhart has to keep exerting MP to keep his Historias. This is confirmed by the fact that his creations disappear when he "dies". It makes sense. When his MP reaches 0, he can no longer supply them with energy, so they disappear.

Gray's magic power is higher than the Spriggans. Even Invel was shocked. As for the Spriggan Historias, I agree that their offensive power is higher than Neinhart. And since Neinhart is supplying them with MP, their overall damage output is higher than Neinhart himself. But this doesn't tell us much. Exactly how strong are the Spriggan Historias? The only other option here is through scaling. Like I said before, since the Historias cannot kill Rogue or Minerva, their attack power scales to their durability. Therefore, the Historia's attack power is around Rogue and Minerva's durability. If you want to say a little stronger, I'm okay with that. I also agree with everyone that Historia God Serena is stronger but not by much.
 

Holt

#1 Ranker
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Global Moderator
Joined
Aug 6, 2014
Messages
8,036
Reaction score
8,331
Gender
Male
Country
Nigeria
I'll give this to the historias. They're a lot weaker, and Gray could take each one on one but not all together. Also, bradman is too tricky of an opponent in the mix. Honestly, historias being weaker does not make them fodder. Gray isn't oneshotting or stomping any of them, which is what he'd need to do to best all 3
 

Nemispelled

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Aug 2, 2015
Messages
2,335
Reaction score
3,740
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Historia form? Piece of cake.

Gray mid diffs max. Even easy diff. Full-powered Invel >>>> any Historia Spriggan.

Gray took the dude down in base form. DeS Gray would insta-freeze all 3 Historia at once. This is oneshottable.

________________________________________________________________________________


EDIT:

Gray's feat against a Spriggan is on par with Laxus. I highly doubt Laxus would lose to 3 Historias.

And Gray fought Partial END. Even though he had a slaying advantage, it is still quite a feat... Most people would be oneshotted by Partial END.


Saying Gray will lose this fight is like saying:

3 Historia > Laxus

or

3 Historia > Slightly nerfed Partial END
 
Last edited:

XXEliteXXAceXX

MH Senpai
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Sep 1, 2015
Messages
2,099
Reaction score
3,100
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Historia form? Piece of cake.

Gray mid diffs max. Even easy diff. Full-powered Invel >>>> any Historia Spriggan.

Gray took the dude down in base form. DeS Gray would insta-freeze all 3 Historia at once. This is oneshottable.

________________________________________________________________________________


EDIT:

Gray's feat against a Spriggan is on par with Laxus. I highly doubt Laxus would lose to 3 Historias.

And Gray fought Partial END. Even though he had a slaying advantage, it is still quite a feat... Most people would be oneshotted by Partial END.

Saying Gray will lose this fight is like saying:

3 Historia > Laxus

or

3 Historia > Slightly nerfed Partial END
Now this I agree. I don't know why, but all of a sudden, people are treating all the Historia Spriggans like they are some top-tier character (collectively)... I'm glad you, @Atomicus, and @**Salty** sees it though...

Honestly, this is no different from Brandish vs 4 Gods of Isghar Thread.... And the majority voted for Brandish there. It seems that numbers are only a problem for Gray when he actually has better feats of taking on numbers... I'm not saying you guys are bias but I'm curious as to how two similar battles can be so different.
 

Nemispelled

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Aug 2, 2015
Messages
2,335
Reaction score
3,740
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Also, bradman is too tricky of an opponent in the mix.

Bloodman isn't so tricky anymore once Gray enters DeS form. After that, Bloodman is dust in this match.

One hit by Gray's shard of ice and the super-effectiveness will cause Bloodman to vanish.

Then it's time to move on to the other 2 Historias who can also be insta-frozen.
 
Last edited:

EmptySoul

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Nov 11, 2016
Messages
765
Reaction score
3,282
Country
Akatsuki
Historia form? Piece of cake.

Gray mid diffs max. Even easy diff. Full-powered Invel >>>> any Historia Spriggan.

Gray took the dude down in base form. DeS Gray would insta-freeze all 3 Historia at once. This is oneshottable.

________________________________________________________________________________


EDIT:

Gray's feat against a Spriggan is on par with Laxus. I highly doubt Laxus would lose to 3 Historias.

And Gray fought Partial END. Even though he had a slaying advantage, it is still quite a feat... Most people would be oneshotted by Partial END.

Saying Gray will lose this fight is like saying:

3 Historia > Laxus

or

3 Historia > Slightly nerfed Partial END
Lol

Laxus is waaaay above gray,man and so is Partial E.N.D and the only reason he was on par with him was the slayer advantage

And Gray winning against Invel was also because of an elemental advantage

Lets face it,Gray has been given many advantages because without them he would lose
And hes always fighting a damn ice wizard like come on


Historia God serena gave gildarts some trouble so i believe he would beat gray high diff
 

Nemispelled

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Aug 2, 2015
Messages
2,335
Reaction score
3,740
Gender
Male
Country
United States
And Gray winning against Invel was also because of an elemental advantage

So Gray's bare fist is an elemental advantage against Invel???

Damn, speaking of the definition of "Elemental Advantage"... If Gray's bare fist was that much of an elemental advantage, Acnologia would be a goner by now.



I think Historia God Serena gave Gildartz NO trouble. Gildartz oneshotted the dude. Gildartz also said he couldn't feel a shred of magical power from him.

Most people are being confused with God Serena and Historia God Serena.

Gildartz never said Historia God Serena is on his level. Seriously??? Gildartz said the complete opposite.
 
Last edited:

EmptySoul

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Nov 11, 2016
Messages
765
Reaction score
3,282
Country
Akatsuki
So Gray's bare fist an elemental advantage against Invel???

Damn, speaking of the definition of "Elemental Advantage"... If Gray's bare fist was that much of an elemental advantage, Acnologia would be a goner by now.
Im pretty sure he used his own ice magic against him then started pounding him or was i just dreaming? Lol

Also im not trying to start a argument,just a discussion,yeah?
 

Nemispelled

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Aug 2, 2015
Messages
2,335
Reaction score
3,740
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Im pretty sure he used his own ice magic against him then started pounding him or was i just dreaming? Lol

Also im not trying to start a argument,just a discussion,yeah?

No, he started pounding Invel before he countered Ice Divine Raiment.

After Invel pulled out Raiment, Gray absorbed the ice and transferred it to his own. That was his last hit which obliterated Invel.

But Gray was already cracking Invel's face before all that. It was only a matter of time before Gray would completely destroy Invel, regardless of what form or way he decided to take.
 

EmptySoul

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Nov 11, 2016
Messages
765
Reaction score
3,282
Country
Akatsuki
No, he started pounding Invel before he countered Ice Divine Raiment.

After Invel pulled out Raiment, Gray absorbed the ice and transferred it to his own. That was his last hit which obliterated Invel.

But Gray was already cracking Invel's face before all that. It was only a matter of time before Gray would completely destroy Invel, regardless of what form or way he decided to take.
Really? Gonna check later

But even if thats true,that was still Invels,a spriggan 12's strongest attack and i dont think he would have countered it so easily if he didnt have the advantage and he wouldve gotten quite damaged

Anyways take my opinions with a grain of salt untill i reread cause i only remember bits of the fight
 

Boomburst

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Apr 23, 2016
Messages
945
Reaction score
1,872
Country
United States
Yes, Neinhart has to keep exerting MP to keep his Historias. This is confirmed by the fact that his creations disappear when he "dies". It makes sense. When his MP reaches 0, he can no longer supply them with energy, so they disappear.
The life of the Historias may be linked to Neinhart's own condition but that doesn't necessarily mean that he needs to keep exerting MP to power them. It's like saying Zeref needs to exert MP to keep all his demons from dying.

Gray's magic power is higher than the Spriggans. Even Invel was shocked.
Invel was shocked because he thought Gray had died, there's no evidence at all that it was Gray's MP that shocked him.

As for the Spriggan Historias, I agree that their offensive power is higher than Neinhart. And since Neinhart is supplying them with MP, their overall damage output is higher than Neinhart himself. But this doesn't tell us much. Exactly how strong are the Spriggan Historias? The only other option here is through scaling. Like I said before, since the Historias cannot kill Rogue or Minerva, their attack power scales to their durability. Therefore, the Historia's attack power is around Rogue and Minerva's durability. If you want to say a little stronger, I'm okay with that. I also agree with everyone that Historia God Serena is stronger but not by much.
Who's to say that the Historias couldn't kill Rogue or Minerva? Most of the fight was off-paneled and when the fight was over they looked pretty damn beat up. For all we know Rogue and Minerva were getting their asses kicked and they were only saved by Natsu defeating Neinhart. Sure we don't know exactly how strong the Historias are but considering Historia Serena's performance against Team Natsu I'm inclined to give them the benefit of the doubt.
 

Brandish μ

Taking notes
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Global Moderator
Joined
Oct 24, 2015
Messages
10,244
Reaction score
33,630
Gender
Male
Country
Kingdom of Fiore
Depends how strong you think Gray is compared to Gildarts. Just one Historia was able to give Gildarts a little bit of trouble and damage.

The attack power of a Historia is enough to rough up Minerva and Rogue. Their durability would be similar to Gray (base), but if Gray demonises, then it's a different ball game. In that form he can take hits from END.

Assuming Wall can still use Assault mode, that's another God Serena Historia basically. But Bloodman could be beaten fairly quickly due to DeSM.

Gray wins. Mid diff if he's as strong as Gildarts, high diff if he's weaker.
 

Seven777

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Sep 16, 2016
Messages
5,568
Reaction score
10,567
Age
31
Country
Australia
Depends how strong you think Gray is compared to Gildarts. Just one Historia was able to give Gildarts a little bit of trouble and damage.

The attack power of a Historia is enough to rough up Minerva and Rogue. Their durability would be similar to Gray (base), but if Gray demonises, then it's a different ball game. In that form he can take hits from END.

Assuming Wall can still use Assault mode, that's another God Serena Historia basically. But Bloodman could be beaten fairly quickly due to DeSM.

Gray wins. Mid diff if he's as strong as Gildarts, high diff if he's weaker.
Isnt Bradman immune to ice though? Probably cancels out any Slayer advantage.
 

Brandish μ

Taking notes
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Global Moderator
Joined
Oct 24, 2015
Messages
10,244
Reaction score
33,630
Gender
Male
Country
Kingdom of Fiore
Isnt Bradman immune to ice though? Probably cancels out any Slayer advantage.
Slayers have resistance. I'm not sure how it works with slayer magic though. The way Gray makes weapons, and Bloodman being weaker (due to being a Historia), Gray should drop him quickly imo.

I don't think Bloodman uses DeSM either. He probably uses the Ice Demons curse power.
 

XXEliteXXAceXX

MH Senpai
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Sep 1, 2015
Messages
2,099
Reaction score
3,100
Gender
Male
Country
United States
The life of the Historias may be linked to Neinhart's own condition but that doesn't necessarily mean that he needs to keep exerting MP to power them. It's like saying Zeref needs to exert MP to keep all his demons from dying.
They're different. The magic Zeref uses is called Living Magic. Neinhart uses what is called Historia of the Dead. Besides, Zeref never implied that his creations wear him out. That means they are not connected in MP. Rather, the magic he uses connects their life force. Neinhart, on the other hand, admits that the Historias cost quite a bit of energy. Plus, it was never stated that the Historias are connected to his own life force so we can't assume that.

The Crunchyroll Translation (via @SirSamuel016) explicitly states this:


The keyword here is "maintaining". Had he said "conjuring", you would have a point. But I don't see how anyone can argue against this. It's clear as day to me.

Invel was shocked because he thought Gray had died, there's no evidence at all that it was Gray's MP that shocked him.
I already argued on this topic with another user so all I will say here is that I beg to differ. In my opinion, Invel sweating is a sign that he is feeling an enormous amount of power. Not to mention, you don't sweat when you're shocked. Your eyes go big and that's it.Hiro Mashima including the panel of Gray right after we see Invel sweat only reinforces this idea (the way I see it).



It's no different from Dimaria sweating at the sight of Natsu. You think she was just shocked by E.N.D being able to negate her Age Seal? Or by his power? Same with Natsu and Gray when they first met Brandish... They were sweating because of her power and not because she just randomly appeared.

Who's to say that the Historias couldn't kill Rogue or Minerva? Most of the fight was off-paneled and when the fight was over they looked pretty damn beat up. For all we know Rogue and Minerva were getting their asses kicked and they were only saved by Natsu defeating Neinhart. Sure we don't know exactly how strong the Historias are but considering Historia Serena's performance against Team Natsu I'm inclined to give them the benefit of the doubt.
Okay, maybe couldn't isn't the right word. But the fact is that they didn't. And this is all we have to base our claims off of. If Historia Wahl + Historia Bloodman can defeat Rogue + Minerva, they should have already done so. But the fight lasted quite a long time and neither side was backing down. In addition, we see Rogue and Minverva fighting off their attacks so I don't see how we can assume that they would lose.

I can do the same thing and say that they'll win but I'm not going to because I won't assume. I think it's fair of me to say that the Historias are on their level. If you disagree, then I would need more evidence and a more detailed explanation to believe you. Again, I agree Historia God Serena is more powerful but Gildarts one-shotted him. And he didn't think that the Historia was formidable at all (only God Serena's real self).



Depends how strong you think Gray is compared to Gildarts. Just one Historia was able to give Gildarts a little bit of trouble and damage.

The attack power of a Historia is enough to rough up Minerva and Rogue. Their durability would be similar to Gray (base), but if Gray demonises, then it's a different ball game. In that form he can take hits from END.

Assuming Wall can still use Assault mode, that's another God Serena Historia basically. But Bloodman could be beaten fairly quickly due to DeSM.

Gray wins. Mid diff if he's as strong as Gildarts, high diff if he's weaker.
Even though I said Gray takes this with Low Difficulty (I still stand by that), I have to admit that this is one of the more reasonable posts here. I'm glad to see that there was absolutely no bias in your post.

First off, I just want to say that I do think Gray is at least near Gildarts level (if not higher). I place E.N.D pretty high and being able to fight on par with him is an extremely good feat.

I disagree that Minerva and Rogue's durability are similar to Base Gray but fair enough, I'm not going to pick on every single detail. Base Gray should have similar durability to Mirajane or Erza (in my opinion).

Also, I wouldn't assume that Wahl can use Assault mode because the creation we saw was Base Wahl. Can Historia's transform? Maybe, but Neinhart created him in Base Form so we should stick to that.

I agree that Gray should beat Bloodman pretty quick considering he is a Historia and slayer advantage is present.
 

Brandish μ

Taking notes
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Global Moderator
Joined
Oct 24, 2015
Messages
10,244
Reaction score
33,630
Gender
Male
Country
Kingdom of Fiore
I disagree that Minerva and Rogue's durability are similar to Base Gray but fair enough, I'm not going to pick on every single detail.
I'd definitely rely on Gray's durability over Rogue or Minerva's, I just don't think base Gray is much higher (it's similar to Lyon's given the Ur fight). When he demonises though, Gray enters a much higher durability class. Similar to someone like Gildarts imo (above or below, but not much different).

Also, I wouldn't assume that Wahl can use Assault mode because the creation we saw was Base Wahl. Can Historia's transform? Maybe, but Neinhart created him in Base Form so we should stick to that.
Bloodman was able to transform. Idk why Wall didn't, though maybe he didn't have the MP to do so... so it's probably better than I don't assume. If that's the case, I'd probably lean to mid diff.
 

Boomburst

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Apr 23, 2016
Messages
945
Reaction score
1,872
Country
United States
They're different. The magic Zeref uses is called Living Magic. Neinhart uses what is called Historia of the Dead. Besides, Zeref never implied that his creations wear him out. That means they are not connected in MP. Rather, the magic he uses connects their life force. Neinhart, on the other hand, admits that the Historias cost quite a bit of energy. Plus, it was never stated that the Historias are connected to his own life force so we can't assume that.

The Crunchyroll Translation (via @SirSamuel016) explicitly states this:


The keyword here is "maintaining". Had he said "conjuring", you would have a point. But I don't see how anyone can argue against this. It's clear as day to me.
I usually don't read the Crunchyroll translations, so this is the first time I've seen this. I'll concede this point then.

I already argued on this topic with another user so all I will say here is that I beg to differ. In my opinion, Invel sweating is a sign that he is feeling an enormous amount of power. Not to mention, you don't sweat when you're shocked. Your eyes go big and that's it.Hiro Mashima including the panel of Gray right after we see Invel sweat only reinforces this idea (the way I see it).



It's no different from Dimaria sweating at the sight of Natsu. You think she was just shocked by E.N.D being able to negate her Age Seal? Or by his power? Same with Natsu and Gray when they first met Brandish... They were sweating because of her power and not because she just randomly appeared.
END negated Age Seal BECAUSE of his power, those two reasons you suggested are pretty much synonymous. As for Brandish, they literally said that her magic power was what was scaring them. In Invel's case it's nothing but speculation.

Okay, maybe couldn't isn't the right word. But the fact is that they didn't. And this is all we have to base our claims off of. If Historia Wahl + Historia Bloodman can defeat Rogue + Minerva, they should have already done so. But the fight lasted quite a long time and neither side was backing down. In addition, we see Rogue and Minverva fighting off their attacks so I don't see how we can assume that they would lose.
A long fight doesn't mean that the two combatants are equal. Laxus was a fair bit above Natsu and Gajeel back in FF but their fight still lasted quite a while.

I can do the same thing and say that they'll win but I'm not going to because I won't assume. I think it's fair of me to say that the Historias are on their level. If you disagree, then I would need more evidence and a more detailed explanation to believe you. Again, I agree Historia God Serena is more powerful but Gildarts one-shotted him. And he didn't think that the Historia was formidable at all (only God Serena's real self).
Gildarts oneshotted him with his strongest move, similar to how Natsu oneshotted Jacob with his. And I sincerely doubt you'd put Natsu as far above Jacob as you put Gildarts over Historia Serena.
 

Axiomus

Mangahelper
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Mangahelper
Joined
Jul 10, 2015
Messages
6,526
Reaction score
11,423
Gender
Male
Country
Canada
Yeah of course but in the end we still don't know. It's not hard to believe that Igneel MP =/< God Serena/Bloodman/Wall MP. Dragons have crazy magic power but it's not like unlimited or impossible to match. I give about 3 S12 MP to equal a Dragon's. So my formula means Neinhart could summon an Igneel historia but like you said, he might be unable to move or pass out.
It kind of is. Igneel was on Acnologia's level when he was alive. Even after his death, he left enough power for Natsu to kill Zeref.
 
Top