Mag Talk Weekly Shonen Jump [2015-2016] - Discussion and TOC Talk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mammo

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Mar 20, 2015
Messages
4,755
Reaction score
8,897
Gender
Male
Country
Holy Britannian Empire
No, I don't mind harem, I just don't like generic stories

Ranma is one of my all time most favorite manga
 

Ecchi Boy

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
May 31, 2011
Messages
1,036
Reaction score
1,307
Age
39
Gender
Male
Country
United States
You don't like harem, not the author in particular. Tell me something new...

I hope 2017 brings us a pure romance to the magazine. I don't know if Yuragi is romance, but it is certainly not pure.
I read a lot of romances, but one in Jump is special, Nisekoi end opened a hole in my heart.
Please don't bring up Nisekoi. Every time I think about nisekoi I keep thinking about this:
 
Last edited:

Leoat12

Registered User
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
May 30, 2012
Messages
13,583
Reaction score
3,219
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil
Nisekoi was the most read manga despite being hated in the history of this magazine. XD
I know that deep in their hearts, people liked it. :derp
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---
No, I don't mind harem, I just don't like generic stories

Ranma is one of my all time most favorite manga
I doubt Ranma differs from any other harem because harem is harem, I think there is no other way to make a harem besides meeting a lot of girls and they falling in love for the protagonist. Let me know if you find another way to do harem. :derp
--- Double Post Merged, ---
Another thing that intrigues me is that people says that they "just don't like generic things" in Shonen Jump thread! XD
 

SoldadoInvernal

Registered User
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
Nov 22, 2016
Messages
41
Reaction score
7
Age
26
Country
Brazil
doubt Ranma differs from any other harem because harem is harem, I think there is no other way to make a harem besides meeting a lot of girls and they falling in love for the protagonist. Let me know if you find another way to do harem. :derp
XD
What about Mousugu Shinu Hito? It's something different from all harem that i've read.
 

Mammo

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Mar 20, 2015
Messages
4,755
Reaction score
8,897
Gender
Male
Country
Holy Britannian Empire
I doubt Ranma differs from any other harem because harem is harem, I think there is no other way to make a harem besides meeting a lot of girls and they falling in love for the protagonist. Let me know if you find another way to do harem. :derp
like I already said it's a matter of execution, ranma is fun and lighthearted, have lovable characters, cool physical and non-physical competitions, doesn't take it self too seriously and isn't set in a frigging highschool

and there are other ways to do harem other than new chick show up because reasons, the most famous example I can think of is Steins Gate

Another thing that intrigues me is that people says that they "just don't like generic things" in Shonen Jump thread! XD
let me rephrase that since the word generic is vague

I don't like cookie-cutter stories
 

Leoat12

Registered User
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
May 30, 2012
Messages
13,583
Reaction score
3,219
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil

Doughboy

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Apr 1, 2016
Messages
4,482
Reaction score
8,341
Country
United States
I'm caught up to the most recent chapter of Demon's Plan, it's cool so far. My only worry is it's gonna go down the Shippuden route... rip
 

101nemesis

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Aug 16, 2012
Messages
3,086
Reaction score
7,183
Age
35
Gender
Male
Country
India
I feel the author should stop trying so hard with Demon's plan and come back with another series. His execution is off(sometimes even cringe worthy) even though I get what he is trying to do. Also, his art needs to improve since it's very uneven.
 

Doughboy

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Apr 1, 2016
Messages
4,482
Reaction score
8,341
Country
United States
I feel the author should stop trying so hard with Demon's plan and come back with another series. His execution is off(sometimes even cringe worthy) even though I get what he is trying to do. Also, his art needs to improve since it's very uneven.
Art can only improve after drawing the same thing continuously so if that is going to improve it would be down the road. I'm not sure what you mean about trying too hard but Boro does seem op already off that bat. Him getting stronger the more he bleeds seems like an asspull waiting to happen but it's cool for now
 

Doughboy

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Apr 1, 2016
Messages
4,482
Reaction score
8,341
Country
United States
Dialogues, scenes and character interactions are too forced in many places.
I'm with you on this lowkey. Salvia following Boro to the alley were he was about to get mugged was forced lol. If you really didn't care for him at all you wouldn't of followed him
 

SoldadoInvernal

Registered User
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
Nov 22, 2016
Messages
41
Reaction score
7
Age
26
Country
Brazil

Xzone

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Nov 2, 2014
Messages
888
Reaction score
698
Gender
Male
Country
Isle of Man
About trying yo hard, I find hilarious Boco left the villain without killing him and immediately happen the boss and the villain scene, it feel Boco was near to that moment putting his finger in his ear and saying "lalalala".
The rest of the chapter was okay, I like the finger has a reason (still thinking having it is stupid).
 

savethecat

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Aug 5, 2016
Messages
3,330
Reaction score
5,440
Age
33
Country
United States
About trying yo hard, I find hilarious Boco left the villain without killing him and immediately happen the boss and the villain scene, it feel Boco was near to that moment putting his finger in his ear and saying "lalalala".
The rest of the chapter was okay, I like the finger has a reason (still thinking having it is stupid).
The fact that he carries around her finger makes me think that his a psychopath that murdered her and kept her fingers as a trophy, which some real life serial killers have been known to do.
And I don't think the author was going for that. Chapter was ok though
 

Doughboy

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Apr 1, 2016
Messages
4,482
Reaction score
8,341
Country
United States
About trying yo hard, I find hilarious Boco left the villain without killing him and immediately happen the boss and the villain scene, it feel Boco was near to that moment putting his finger in his ear and saying "lalalala".
The rest of the chapter was okay, I like the finger has a reason (still thinking having it is stupid).
That finger earring was trifling to say it nicely. Couldn't even tell dude was a dude until the chapter after he was introduced. How did Eutass find Boro and Salvia? He just randomly chose a random room and found them?
 

savethecat

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Aug 5, 2016
Messages
3,330
Reaction score
5,440
Age
33
Country
United States
Yeah Eustass introduction was just random
 

Nayrael

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Nov 4, 2010
Messages
305
Reaction score
159
Age
36
Gender
Male
Country
Croatia
That finger earring was trifling to say it nicely. Couldn't even tell dude was a dude until the chapter after he was introduced. How did Eutass find Boro and Salvia? He just randomly chose a random room and found them?
Eustass was following them for a while, though it's still a mystery when exactly he found Boro, though it's possible that the masked guy sent him like he did the other one.
Me biggest grip is Salvia though. She is supposed to be some Information Guru, but other than leading Boro to her this profession meant nothing to the story. I don't think the author knows at all what he wants to do with her... or how to make use of her potential.
 

Doughboy

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Apr 1, 2016
Messages
4,482
Reaction score
8,341
Country
United States
Yeah I'm glad I'm not the only turned off by her from first glance. She isn't terrible but doesn't stand out like how you want the heroine (if it's her) to stand out. Hopefully she'll be like Nami, gets better along the way
 

Doughboy

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Apr 1, 2016
Messages
4,482
Reaction score
8,341
Country
United States
Pics like that is why I struggle with who's the best girl in Yuragi... sigh
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top