Mag Talk Weekly Shonen Jump [2015-2016] - Discussion and TOC Talk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Leoat12

Registered User
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
May 30, 2012
Messages
13,583
Reaction score
3,219
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil
Isn't it too much for a series that nobody can decide if it is good or bad and many people agree that it is generic? I don't think Japanese audience will fall for that. 300k is a more reasonable number.
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---
Did he say that? I have to see the original. If it is true, we have a bold editor for a bold series.
 

tirakai

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Aug 7, 2016
Messages
5,297
Reaction score
7,333
Age
33
Country
Scotland
That's probably a hint that they already have something planned, probably not a tv anime quite yet but an OVA for certain (though chances are a couple of studios have already shown inquired about adapting it as a full tv series, these things can happen pretty early on).
 

Doughboy

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Apr 1, 2016
Messages
4,482
Reaction score
8,341
Country
United States
Yuragi was gonna be too much in demand for an anime, no surprise one will probably drop this year. Maybe summer/fall season. Gonna be lit
 

chrisbj

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Jul 23, 2015
Messages
191
Reaction score
80
Gender
Male
Country
United States
I think it's going to do a lot better than people expect. So, something like 600-700 thousand.
I'm expecting toriko level success, so about 450-480k max .......
 

Tamil

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Apr 12, 2016
Messages
4,125
Reaction score
5,841
Country
Winterfell
I'm expecting toriko level success, so about 450-480k max .......
I'll maybe expect that if we get Black Clover and Naruto/Boruto crossovers. :cheez
 

Scruffy8642

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Aug 3, 2016
Messages
1,129
Reaction score
1,057
Age
29
Country
Australia
I reckon 350k for BC. Compared to other recent hits that have gotten anime like MHA and Souma, its selling considerably worse than they were before they got an adaption. I struggle to see it breaking 400k.
 

Kadir0

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Dec 26, 2016
Messages
909
Reaction score
1,475
Country
The Wall
I have feeling BC will do well. There's something about this series that it's really hard to pintpoint, the more people hate it, the more it does well lol. By the way, did they announce the VA cast yet? i am looking for if there's any Naruto cast participating this project lol
 

RubyR91

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Feb 6, 2015
Messages
126
Reaction score
25
Gender
Hidden
Country
United States
I reckon 350k for BC. Compared to other recent hits that have gotten anime like MHA and Souma, its selling considerably worse than they were before they got an adaption. I struggle to see it breaking 400k.
So were Kuroko and Haikyu.
 

Leoat12

Registered User
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
May 30, 2012
Messages
13,583
Reaction score
3,219
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil
So were Kuroko and Haikyu.
You cannot compare them before considering whether Black Clover has the same appealing to Fujoshis. Does it have the same appealing? I doubt...

Although Haikyuu totally deserves the success it made, more than half of it was because of fujoshis.
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---
He really said that... I never saw an editor commenting such things, that's incredible. They are plotting something. :derp
 

justanotherone

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Aug 11, 2014
Messages
315
Reaction score
101
Gender
Female
Country
Italy
^Black Clover first 20 chapters or so have a lot of fujoshis appeal. I could be bold and say that Yuno is basically a character that appears in the story from time to time just for them since his relationship with Asta has a lot of subtext (if you want to read into it but I'm sure it's done on purpose).

Oh and I could care less about all the hate BC gets because I have my interests and if you give me a shounen manga with a female character that has much focus and a good character development I will read it. For me that is Noelle imo. And I like more or less all the characters so I'm looking forward the anime.
 
Last edited:

Bigivelfhq

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Sep 22, 2013
Messages
846
Reaction score
501
Age
37
Gender
Male
Country
Portugal
So were Kuroko and Haikyu.
Kuroko, yep. Haikyuu!! nop.

Haikyuu!! before the anime was doing between 250-300k copies sold. My Hero Academia before the anime was doing between 300-350k before the anime. Just a 50k difference.
 

ElJin

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Feb 4, 2015
Messages
334
Reaction score
241
Age
28
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil
I just can say using Twitter as a source, but Black Clover has A LOT of women fans, really a lot.
I have searched for ブラッククローバー and ブラクロ on Twitter since the begin of the series, and what I can see in most it's posts and photos from female public.

*They have a hard crush on Yuno, Fuegoreon, Asta and Nozeru hahaha
 
Last edited:

Nakura

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
May 25, 2016
Messages
1,564
Reaction score
2,181
Age
30
Country
Ireland
Well one good thing I will say about Black Clover is that it has very attractive character designs. I'm not surprised that it has many female followers.

However, maybe from a personal perspective, the difference is that the characters in Haikyu and Kuroko are actually good. They have depth on top of having appealing designs.
 

G_I_A

Banned
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Mar 13, 2008
Messages
1,089
Reaction score
401
Age
39
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil
I just can say using Twitter as a source, but Black Clover has A LOT of women fans, really a lot.
I have searched for ブラッククローバー and ブラクロ on Twitter since the begin of the series, and what I can see in most it's posts and photos from female public.

*They have a hard crush on Yuno, Fuegoreon, Asta and Nozeru hahaha
Yeah, there's no ecchi, there's no fanservice, a looooooot of boys, few girls...

The perfect fujobait.

btw... Where's sharkbait? Is he MIA?
 

WesKR

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Nov 27, 2013
Messages
168
Reaction score
105
Gender
Hidden
Country
United States
I'm sure if Sharkbait digs it, it has a adequate amount of fujobait in it.
 

Doughboy

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Apr 1, 2016
Messages
4,482
Reaction score
8,341
Country
United States
Chp 45 of Yuragi had my favorite girls... the only thing that ruined these god-tier panels is the loli raccoon. I love how Sagiri's legs are always wrapped around Kogarashi every time they end up in a "situation":



Here's my rank from best-to-worst girls:
  1. Oboro/Sagiri (need to see more before I pick, too many difficult decisions)
  2. Yuuna
  3. Chisaki
  4. Yaya
  5. Hibari (she might pass Yaya soon, enjoying her character alot)
  6. Nakai
  7. Lolis
 

G_I_A

Banned
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Mar 13, 2008
Messages
1,089
Reaction score
401
Age
39
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil
I confess that I'm not ready to see Black Clover selling more than My Hero Academia and Shokugeki no Soma. It will announce the end of my hope in the Japanese people. XD
This will prove definitely that we are all EXPERT critics.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top