Movies The Movie Thread!

Status
Not open for further replies.

the_hellbringer

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Oct 26, 2006
Messages
389
Reaction score
10
Age
41
Gender
Male
Country
Peru
I WANT SO BAD TO SEE TRANSFORMERS!!!!!


At first t was going to open on July 26....... now the premiere here in Peru is going to be on July 19... So earlier than I expected.. and not on the same day as the Simpsons movie.

BTW I'm not going dressed up as Homer anymore.... I got robbed and I don't have money for the cloth and the yellow paint.
 

yoniekai

Manga Editor
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Jul 24, 2006
Messages
3,799
Reaction score
405
Gender
Male
Country
Philippines
cloth? what's so expensive about homer's clothes? XD
 

the_hellbringer

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Oct 26, 2006
Messages
389
Reaction score
10
Age
41
Gender
Male
Country
Peru
cloth? what's so expensive about homer's clothes? XD
I have like 8 dollars for the rest of the month.... So yeah... it's expensive for me right now.
 

kadodo

Intl Translator
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Nov 2, 2006
Messages
2,225
Reaction score
40
Age
38
Gender
Male
Country
Haiti
Some people told me that transformers was good. However, some of them felt that that the main character was not enough of a great actor.
 

the_hellbringer

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Oct 26, 2006
Messages
389
Reaction score
10
Age
41
Gender
Male
Country
Peru
Kadodo, you mean the main human character, isn't it?
 

Paper

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
May 3, 2006
Messages
3,814
Reaction score
252
Gender
Male
Country
Earth Kindom
la bouf (or how ever its spelled) isn't that great of an actor...he has potential, but needs a little more work on his acting...
 

yoniekai

Manga Editor
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Jul 24, 2006
Messages
3,799
Reaction score
405
Gender
Male
Country
Philippines
i hate him too. could've picked a much un-annoying actor..............
 

kadodo

Intl Translator
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Nov 2, 2006
Messages
2,225
Reaction score
40
Age
38
Gender
Male
Country
Haiti
@hellbringer: yes, I meant the main human character. As much as I don't like to criticize people, I someties feel that LaBouf overacts sometimes, like he yells too much for a simple thing, you know. He's not that bad, he just needs to control himself more
 

Paper

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
May 3, 2006
Messages
3,814
Reaction score
252
Gender
Male
Country
Earth Kindom
he's stuck acting as "lewis" from even stevens....for some reason all his roles seem to have a hint of his old disney character in them... he needs more training...possibly more bad reviews would do him some good.
 

Ichimaru Gin n Tonic

MH Senpai
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Jun 13, 2006
Messages
5,054
Reaction score
13
Gender
Male
Country
Indonesia
Well, rottentomatoes.com already gave Transformers 59% rotten (cmiiw). So Michael Bay should learn something from that... Make more Transformers movie! This time it's Autobots vs. Decepticons only, no humans! :D
 

yoniekai

Manga Editor
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Jul 24, 2006
Messages
3,799
Reaction score
405
Gender
Male
Country
Philippines
the part where sam was searching the house for the glasses, and the autobots were outside hiding, i was "oh gawd this is just so childishly stupid lame ass wtf is the purpose of this scene even children would get goosebumps"
 

Impel Down

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
May 13, 2007
Messages
3,077
Reaction score
3
Age
33
Gender
Male
Country
Canada
I think I might actually see Transformers now, after reading all this. But damn it, Shia LeBouf makes so many movies akuward with his presence! Disturbia alone was poisoned with him in it. Well, that and the asian guy is the only one who dies.
 

Azurel

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jan 9, 2007
Messages
1,334
Reaction score
12
Gender
Female
Country
Singapore
harry potter's coming out next week here! hurray! that's something i'm not going to miss! :D
 

Impel Down

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
May 13, 2007
Messages
3,077
Reaction score
3
Age
33
Gender
Male
Country
Canada
Yeah, the trailers for that seem amazing! I'll see that, without a doubt. But, the lady they have playing Umbridge doesn't really...look like her.
 

Do Kesubei

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Apr 19, 2007
Messages
135
Reaction score
28
Gender
Male
Country
United States
I finally saw Die Hard 4 (a.k.a, Live Free or Die Hard, but Die Hard 4 is so much easier to say) and I'm mostly pleased with what I saw.

The worst thing about this movie was the inclusion of a political viewpoint, especially around the beginning of the movie. Very annoying - that sort of thing does NOT belong in a Die Hard movie. However, once the real action starts, the political bias leaves and the movie becomes more Die Hard-esque - crazy action scenes, weird jokes, McLane killing the bad guys' brother/lover/etc., and taunting them about it over their own communication line, etc.

If I had to rate this movie compared to the rest of the series:

1. Die Hard
2. Die Hard With a Vengeance
3. Live Free or Die Hard
4. Die Hard 2
 

Impel Down

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
May 13, 2007
Messages
3,077
Reaction score
3
Age
33
Gender
Male
Country
Canada
Yeah, I heard that it was suprisingly good, which I was actually a bit shocked at.
 

PaperYomiko

MH Senpai
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Feb 26, 2007
Messages
2,566
Reaction score
10
Age
43
Gender
Female
Country
United States
It was good, really good :amuse I'd see it again, no doubt. Speaking of which, I saw Transformers again tonight :smile-big
 

Impel Down

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
May 13, 2007
Messages
3,077
Reaction score
3
Age
33
Gender
Male
Country
Canada
augh, I need to see that now! It's gone from being potential shit to a Blockbuster! And why do the commercials have to use What I've Done in them? That's like saying "Hey, this movie has free cocaine!" MUST SEE!
 

Paper

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
May 3, 2006
Messages
3,814
Reaction score
252
Gender
Male
Country
Earth Kindom
i just saw Die Hard 4.0...its pretty entertaining.
 

MadDog

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jul 9, 2006
Messages
938
Reaction score
88
Gender
Male
Country
United States
I'm definetly going to check out Die Hard...and probably Transformers as well.

Also, just rented Hannibal Rising, and wasn't too impressed. I kept expecting to be creeped out/disgusted, but it just didn't happen. It wasn't terrible, but it didn't quite hold up to some of the others.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top