Hangout Manga Wars 2017 - Hangout

Lambu

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jul 12, 2016
Messages
1,618
Reaction score
14,395
Age
29
Country
Spain
Wowowo... very good mangas lost in this round :nomoar

Im glad Koe no Katachi survived the battle against friggin Yu Yu Hakusho, Im very thankful for all your votes people!! :blush :blush :blush
I shall push the campaign a little further to face Bleach though, damn, round 3 has some crazy match ups. :hip
 

Sky

Otaku Overlord
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Global Moderator
Joined
Dec 7, 2010
Messages
31,967
Reaction score
23,756
Age
35
Gender
Male
Country
Germany
No time for weeping. War doesn't stop.

Let the third round begun!
 

Skylent

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Jul 15, 2017
Messages
188
Reaction score
271
Age
29
Country
France
Or you know, you could support NNT who beat your favorite with only 3 more votes? Darky and you... It's because of all of this that syx looks down on us :nah.
I don't know... maybe. :datass

But wouldn't it be supporting that unfair system where popularity prevails over quality?
Let me think about that. :snidely
 

The President

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
May 18, 2016
Messages
785
Reaction score
2,437
Age
31
Country
Canada
But wouldn't it be supporting that unfair system where popularity prevails over quality?
This type of stuff is inherently skewed for popularity-based voting. No other way about it, and shonen are far more popular then seinan here.

Vote against the system, NNT deserves to get squashed like a bug, for Kingdom is glorious :bishie
 

Demonspeed

The Bull
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Global Moderator
Joined
Apr 30, 2012
Messages
47,684
Reaction score
61,396
Gender
Male
Country
France
I don't know... maybe. :datass

But wouldn't it be supporting that unfair system where popularity prevails over quality?
Let me think about that. :snidely
Calm down and vote for NNT. It wasn't even an easy win. If you want to take your revenge against the most popular you should target other manga.
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---
This type of stuff is inherently skewed for popularity-based voting. No other way about it, and shonen are far more popular then seinan here.

Vote against the system, NNT deserves to get squashed like a bug, for Kingdom is glorious :bishie
B-But Berserk beat Dragon Ball!
 
Last edited:

Jammin

Androssi Worshiper
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Mangahelper
Joined
Mar 16, 2006
Messages
16,855
Reaction score
23,526
Age
43
Gender
Male
Country
United States
One Piece VS Fairy Tail :lmao.

Plenty of close matches. I thought OPM would win more comfortably.
Me too!!!

SnK is still in :kappa.
It shouldn't be.

To everyone who voted for it over Claymore. Go read Claymore. You obviously haven't or you never would have voted the way you did; for SnK is it's idiot kid brother.:pjsalt

Who's my next opponent.... onepunch man... ah ... ok... im dead


You crushed Vagabond like an insect. Meanwhile, I just barely squeezed by Vinland Saga and Death Note.

These chibis are dangerous. I am concerned.
 
Last edited:

The President

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
May 18, 2016
Messages
785
Reaction score
2,437
Age
31
Country
Canada
Calm down and vote for NNT. It wasn't even an easy win. If you want to take your revenge against the most popular you should target other manga.
Which is exactly why you should vote for Kingdom rather then NNT.

B-But Berserk beat Dragon Ball!
A shock to be sure, the vote count was pretty low tho so many people didnt even bother it seems.
 

Hermit

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Apr 9, 2016
Messages
6,560
Reaction score
24,727
Age
31
Country
Mozambique
I'm voting NnT also 'cause I currently wanna spit on that 'superior quality' bs speech '-'
Yeah,the sad thing is that this isn't even some competition to prove which manga is superior,it's literally just a fun activity for the community to participate in.
I'm not exactly sure myself what being of 'superior quality' has to do with anything in this event quite honestly.If people wanna rate manga by writing quality then go to Rotten Tomatoes or IMDB.
 

Erinyes

Savage Huntress
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Feb 20, 2012
Messages
6,522
Reaction score
61,142
Gender
Female
Country
The Wall
You crushed Vagabond like an insect. Meanwhile, I just barely squeezed by Vinland Saga and Death Note.

These chibis are dangerous. I am concerned.
Hm.. not sure.... I win mainly because my opponent lacked of combativeness he forfeited thinking there's no way a baby manga could shake a veteran. that's it
 

Aizen

MH Senpai
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jan 30, 2016
Messages
1,469
Reaction score
4,067
Age
32
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Yeah,the sad thing is that this isn't even some competition to prove which manga is superior,it's literally just a fun activity for the community to participate in.
I'm not exactly sure myself what being of 'superior quality' has to do with anything in this event quite honestly.If people wanna rate manga by writing quality then go to Rotten Tomatoes or IMDB.
Honestly, while I agree it is very much a fun event and you make good points, people are gonna vote for many different reasons, you cannot really nail that down imo. Personally, I do vote off what I think is the best, the campaigning means little to me, but I also respect that it means more to others and that is the fun part about the event too. The superior quality thing is so relative, and this is such a small sample size, that there is no reason to even talk about that with so much subjective taste involved. Everyone will have something they think is "superior quality" is my point. :XD
 

Farfalla

The Witch of Drama
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Feb 4, 2008
Messages
15,210
Reaction score
47,681
Gender
Female
Country
Tuvalu
The superior quality thing is so relative, and this is such a small sample size, that there is no reason to even talk about that with so much subjective taste involved.
Exactly! Without some standards, quality will be fully subjective. And of course there are things a lot of people agree on and parameters the majority accepts as quality references, and I do wanna discuss those, since they take a big part in this event, but I had my share of out of the blue "this is a way better mango" bs XD
 

Aizen

MH Senpai
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jan 30, 2016
Messages
1,469
Reaction score
4,067
Age
32
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Exactly! Without some standards, quality will be fully subjective. And of course there are things a lot of people agree on and parameters the majority accepts as quality references, and I do wanna discuss those, since they take a big part in this event, but I had my share of out of the blue "this is a way better mango" bs XD
I totally agree. I mean this is coming from someone who clearly prefers Seinen series over Shonen series, but I do also fully recognize they all have their appeal and nothing is completely universal with media. You like what you like, and that is the most simple conclusion to be drawn here when all is said and done.
 

gnut

Registered User
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Apr 19, 2010
Messages
11,490
Reaction score
18,519
Age
52
Gender
Male
Country
United States
You like what you like....wonder where i heard that before?:XD
 

gnut

Registered User
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Apr 19, 2010
Messages
11,490
Reaction score
18,519
Age
52
Gender
Male
Country
United States
I never said it was original. :kappa
Just messing with you....i said something similar back in nominations.
I knew it would get ugly at some point:Haha
 

Aizen

MH Senpai
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jan 30, 2016
Messages
1,469
Reaction score
4,067
Age
32
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Just messing with you....i said something similar back in nominations.
I knew it would get ugly at some point:Haha
It always does with these types of events man. :XD Makes you wonder what it will be like by the end... :hmm
 
Top