haha I'm a shoujo fan girl but I'm really not into romance unless the romance is focus in the story but if it's like this then it's okeii after all I'm not HakxYona shipper so I'm not craving for their romance..
I want atleast a whole panel even for 1 chapter of Soo Won lol but sad thing is, the mangaka only gives SW a very few screen times but still.. he rocks the manga.. I don't know it's just that every chapters of him is really worth to read
haha I'm a shoujo fan girl but I'm really not into romance unless the romance is focus in the story but if it's like this then it's okeii after all I'm not HakxYona shipper so I'm not craving for their romance..
I want atleast a whole panel even for 1 chapter of Soo Won lol but sad thing is, the mangaka only gives SW a very few screen times but still.. he rocks the manga.. I don't know it's just that every chapters of him is really worth to read
Would be nice if we could see more inside Soo Won s head....I am also interested, especially in his relationship to certain people, along with an explanation for his disdain of the gods.
Kusanagi highlithgted this behaviour of his since the earlier chapters, so it seems to be a pretty important aspect of the whole story...
haha I'm a shoujo fan girl but I'm really not into romance unless the romance is focus in the story but if it's like this then it's okeii after all I'm not HakxYona shipper so I'm not craving for their romance..
I want atleast a whole panel even for 1 chapter of Soo Won lol but sad thing is, the mangaka only gives SW a very few screen times but still.. he rocks the manga.. I don't know it's just that every chapters of him is really worth to read
Yeah I can actually imagine! It would be tough to be a Soo-Won fangirl because he barely appears.
Majority of our fandom seems to ship Yona X Hak though, so I would expect them to complain .
I still don't understand Soo-Won X Yona shippers (I think you are one, I remember from previous posts?). I would actually like to understand why (just genuinely curious). Because I feel it is so weird to ship someone with their dad's murderer.
—just got my answer... the last chapter of the xing arc will be in 150... its like we’ve waited all this time for the conference and its only gonna be happening in 20 pages... underwhelming...
I was happily going through the last two pages and enjoying the discussion when this note ruined my good mood what was the point of this whole arc then?? and I even thought we finally got to the climax of the arc where we can finally enjoy some good development or revelations maybe, climax my ass!!! The way this Xing conflict was handled so far was shoved down our throats, but I honestly expected mooorrrrreeeeeee to happen now that all the players are finally gathered in one place, not to wrap it in a few pages and then oppsss, we're done, thank you for reading!!
I was happily going through the last two pages and enjoying the discussion when this note ruined my good mood what was the point of this whole arc then?? and I even thought we finally got to the climax of the arc where we can finally enjoy some good development or revelations maybe, climax my ass!!! The way this Xing conflict was handled so far was shoved down our throats, but I honestly expected mooorrrrreeeeeee to happen now that all the players are finally gathered in one place, not to wrap it in a few pages and then oppsss, we're done, thank you for reading!!
Yeah while I agree it was quite long drawn out we did get the following:
1) Il knew Yona was Hiryuu and so did Soo-Won
2) The shield of the prophecy? Either a way a cool shield appeared
3) Yona's identity revealed to soldiers in Kouka so this should hopefully have some interesting consequences
But yeah wouldn't have minded more electric scenes between Soo-Won and Kouren - and how they plan to trust each other.
I was happily going through the last two pages and enjoying the discussion when this note ruined my good mood what was the point of this whole arc then?? and I even thought we finally got to the climax of the arc where we can finally enjoy some good development or revelations maybe, climax my ass!!! The way this Xing conflict was handled so far was shoved down our throats, but I honestly expected mooorrrrreeeeeee to happen now that all the players are finally gathered in one place, not to wrap it in a few pages and then oppsss, we're done, thank you for reading!!
I may be wrong, but I expect that Kai will act immediately (given the time the news would need to spread/or informants of Kai would need to travel back).
The royalty of Kai can be pretty sure, that Kouka may wish to face them.
The possibility is high, that they already started gathering their troops, when Kouka was occupied with Xing.
Since Soo Won s conquest of Kin province, Kai may have understood that this King follows a different policy than King Il.
At least it would be an explanation, why the Xing arc stops so suddenly.
I think that is the reason you are unsatisfied. Actually I expected a little more too, but there are a few developments which are rather promising.
Yeah I can actually imagine! It would be tough to be a Soo-Won fangirl because he barely appears.
Majority of our fandom seems to ship Yona X Hak though, so I would expect them to complain .
I still don't understand Soo-Won X Yona shippers (I think you are one, I remember from previous posts?). I would actually like to understand why (just genuinely curious). Because I feel it is so weird to ship someone with their dad's murderer.
I used to be SooWonxYona shipper //whisper// (actually I still silently ship them) anyways, what I liked them is their matching colors (outfits and hairs) they really have that chemistry unlike the YonaxHak ship (sorry not brushing them off) but it's just that I don't see any sparks when they're together but right now I'm currently rooting for SooWonxLily or SooWonxKouren.. so YonaxHak may sail the ship forever.. (you see it's pretty obvious since the beginning that they're the end game so I'm not surprise nor interested either) If only SW was not portrayed like that (the one who murdered king il) then just maybe a lot of fangirls would like him.. as I've read a lot of comments many fangirls were really conflicted on SW right now) and some fans always point out that SW killed his father etc. etc. tbh it's so effin' annoying like seriously? I mean, was there no other better arguments than those freakin' words?? and lastly.. I also don't like SW to be part of Yona's harem thou so him being like that a witthy bishounen, an interesting yet complex chara is all I could ask for..
Now, there's the thing - the tumblr fan translator stated so. However, another also Japenese-apt tumblr user said that the arc is going to "enter its finale" next chapter - which doesn't have to mean it's only one chapter left, but there may be still a good few ahead. Now I don't know which one to trust, since they both have been trustworthy in the past, LOL.
Now, there's the thing - the tumblr fan translator stated so. However, another also Japenese-apt tumblr user said that the arc is going to "enter its finale" next chapter - which doesn't have to mean it's only one chapter left, but there may be still a good few ahead. Now I don't know which one to trust, since they both have been trustworthy in the past, LOL.
I used to be SooWonxYona shipper //whisper// (actually I still silently ship them) anyways, what I liked them is their matching colors (outfits and hairs) they really have that chemistry unlike the YonaxHak ship (sorry not brushing them off) but it's just that I don't see any sparks when they're together but right now I'm currently rooting for SooWonxLily or SooWonxKouren.. so YonaxHak may sail the ship forever.. (you see it's pretty obvious since the beginning that they're the end game so I'm not surprise nor interested either) If only SW was not portrayed like that (the one who murdered king il) then just maybe a lot of fangirls would like him.. as I've read a lot of comments many fangirls were really conflicted on SW right now) and some fans always point out that SW killed his father etc. etc. tbh it's so effin' annoying like seriously? I mean, was there no other better arguments than those freakin' words?? and lastly.. I also don't like SW to be part of Yona's harem thou so him being like that a witthy bishounen, an interesting yet complex chara is all I could ask for..
I see a chemistry in Soo-Won and Yona but not as romance - just two people who's fates are intertwined no matter what happens with them - more like the way Yona has developed in terms of her percaption of Soo-Won. First she was obsessed with him with infatuation, after the assassination she hated him and was even a little afraid of him, then she realized he isn't such a bad king and and now she is on the brink of forgiveness and can talk to him eye-to-eye. Now Soo-Won's perception of Yona is changing as well. This is about the only sparks I see in their relationship.
I see full on sparks in Soo Won X Lily like I have mentioned before though. Totally meant to be.
Yeah Yona X Hak was always meant to be end-game but what interested me is Hak's character. Most shoujo heros that are popular are Kuuderes and Tsunderes and Hak is a great exception. He is loyal, devoted and his love is unconditional. Plus their size difference is so adorable :P. And he keeps making fun of her and that is so relatable and funny. So I really enjoy their moments together.
A theory Laura suggested concerning Soo Won:
One of her theories consists of Soo Won believing that he is the original King Hiryuu, but King Il negated that in a very formal way.
What do you think?
I rather doubt it, since Soo Won would have borne more hatred towards Yona....and he really seemed to be surprised that the dragon warriors really existed.
Also...it would be a little OOC for Soo Won...
A theory Laura suggested concerning Soo Won:
One of her theories consists of Soo Won believing that he is the original King Hiryuu, but King Il negated that in a very formal way.
What do you think?
I rather doubt it, since Soo Won would have borne more hatred towards Yona....and he really seemed to be surprised that the dragon warriors really existed.
Also...it would be a little OOC for Soo Won...
The problem I see with this theory is that Hak knows that Su-won doesn’t care about religion, so if Hak knows, it must mean that Su-won showed lack of interest in the divine powers when they were still friends and before killing Il obviously.
If the flashback is from the night when Su-won killed Il, then I don’t think that Su-won considered himself to be Hiryuu.
I also agree it feels OOC for Su-won to consider himself to be Hiryuu.
It s suprising to me, that Hak knows that so well that Soo Won doesn t believe in the gods.. Were there a couple of occurences, that made Hak think like that?
so if Hak knows, it must mean that Su-won showed lack of interest in the divine powers when they were still friends and before killing Il obviously.
In the case, that Soo Won had no reason to lie to Hak about that, yes, it is pretty plausible. I honestly cannot imagine any reason...but if he had a reason, he could have tried to deceive Hak.
If the flashback is from the night when Su-won killed Il, then I don’t think that Su-won considered himself to be Hiryuu.
That s another interesting point. The conversation seemed to take place directly before the assassination of King Il.
The only part that is questionable.
It seemed to me that Soo Won was trying to persuade King Il. But Keishuk along with the guards of the palace rushed in. So the murder of King Il seemed to be a planned event with a likelihood of 100 %.
If Soo Won merely wished to assert that his father really had been killed by his uncle, the conversation at least went in a strange direction, if you ask me...
I see a chemistry in Soo-Won and Yona but not as romance - just two people who's fates are intertwined no matter what happens with them - more like the way Yona has developed in terms of her percaption of Soo-Won. First she was obsessed with him with infatuation, after the assassination she hated him and was even a little afraid of him, then she realized he isn't such a bad king and and now she is on the brink of forgiveness and can talk to him eye-to-eye. Now Soo-Won's perception of Yona is changing as well. This is about the only sparks I see in their relationship.
I see full on sparks in Soo Won X Lily like I have mentioned before though. Totally meant to be.
Yeah Yona X Hak was always meant to be end-game but what interested me is Hak's character. Most shoujo heros that are popular are Kuuderes and Tsunderes and Hak is a great exception. He is loyal, devoted and his love is unconditional. Plus their size difference is so adorable :P. And he keeps making fun of her and that is so relatable and funny. So I really enjoy their moments together.
that's why I'm not fond of a characters like Hak 'coz it's too typical in shoujo manga/anime esp tsundere charas.. in anime/manga.. I always end up liking the second male lead or even the supporting characters than the male lead.. it's very rare for me to like the main lead and ship him with the heroine as my fave couple.. well, hak is funny and he always teased yona and the others but what interest me is his interactions with SW and that's what I'm always wanting to see and his past.. so I hope the mangaka would let us know already about his past.. itto, I know this is off topic but have you seen Saiunkoku Monogatari anime? it's also reverse harem, historical, romance, comedy adventure and fantasy like AnY and the heroine there wants to become an official (it's a china setting) and so the emperor help him (male lead) and of course I freakin' ship these two to my heart's content even though the romance there is not focus but whenever they have their moments my heart is always excited when it comes to these two haha so if ever you have time pls. do watch the anime
It s suprising to me, that Hak knows that so well that Soo Won doesn t believe in the gods.. Were there a couple of occurences, that made Hak think like that?
In the case, that Soo Won had no reason to lie to Hak about that, yes, it is pretty plausible. I honestly cannot imagine any reason...but if he had a reason, he could have tried to deceive Hak.
That s another interesting point. The conversation seemed to take place directly before the assassination of King Il.
The only part that is questionable.
It seemed to me that Soo Won was trying to persuade King Il. But Keishuk along with the guards of the palace rushed in. So the murder of King Il seemed to be a planned event with a likelihood of 100 %.
If Soo Won merely wished to assert that his father really had been killed by his uncle, the conversation at least went in a strange direction, if you ask me...
it could be that SW is the Hiryuu but it takes time for him to be awaken.. so obviously he doesn't know that he is Hiryuu himself.. but its' just a random theory thou //sigh//
have you seen Saiunkoku Monogatari anime? it's also reverse harem, historical, romance, comedy adventure and fantasy like AnY and the heroine there wants to become an official (it's a china setting) and so the emperor help him (male lead) and of course I freakin' ship these two to my heart's content even though the romance there is not focus but whenever they have their moments my heart is always excited when it comes to these two haha so if ever you have time pls. do watch the anime
Ooohhh... brings back memories... all the boys in that anime could be cast in a Pantene commercial ~gorgeous locks~
I love the female lead tho, shes an iconoclast for a girl in her era. The male lead seems to be quite effeminate(in my opinion). But i have to admit, i love the politics of that novel/anime. AnY doesnt really focus much on politics or court life (maybe thats not kusanagis forte?) but its still good.
that's why I'm not fond of a characters like Hak 'coz it's too typical in shoujo manga/anime esp tsundere charas.. in anime/manga.. I always end up liking the second male lead or even the supporting characters than the male lead.. it's very rare for me to like the main lead and ship him with the heroine as my fave couple.. well, hak is funny and he always teased yona and the others but what interest me is his interactions with SW and that's what I'm always wanting to see and his past.. so I hope the mangaka would let us know already about his past.. itto, I know this is off topic but have you seen Saiunkoku Monogatari anime? it's also reverse harem, historical, romance, comedy adventure and fantasy like AnY and the heroine there wants to become an official (it's a china setting) and so the emperor help him (male lead) and of course I freakin' ship these two to my heart's content even though the romance there is not focus but whenever they have their moments my heart is always excited when it comes to these two haha so if ever you have time pls. do watch the anime
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---
it could be that SW is the Hiryuu but it takes time for him to be awaken.. so obviously he doesn't know that he is Hiryuu himself.. but its' just a random theory thou //sigh//
But I don't think Hak is a Tsundere at all...Since Tsunderes don't really know they are in love with the main character and try their best to be spiteful towards them and the show them some love from time to time...Hak is loyal all the time....welll that's just my opinion. A popular Tsundere character is Tomoe from Kamisama Hajimemashta who only realizes much later that he is in love with the main char.
Though I would like to see interactions with Soo-Won but I doubt it will be like the old days. At this point a reconciliation would be good.
I have seen a few eps of that anime looong ago! Like Trjpyo said it's like a Pantene commercial. But the plot was good. Maybe I will rewatch .
But I don't think Hak is a Tsundere at all...Since Tsunderes don't really know they are in love with the main character and try their best to be spiteful towards them and the show them some love from time to time...Hak is loyal all the time....welll that's just my opinion. A popular Tsundere character is Tomoe from Kamisama Hajimemashta who only realizes much later that he is in love with the main char.
Though I would like to see interactions with Soo-Won but I doubt it will be like the old days. At this point a reconciliation would be good.
I have seen a few eps of that anime looong ago! Like Trjpyo said it's like a Pantene commercial. But the plot was good. Maybe I will rewatch .
Well it all depends what kind of preferences one has, I guess.
Romance doesn t really interest me that much in Akatsuki no Yona. Zeno,the interactions between the famous trio, and the many questions concerning King Il, Yu hon, King Junam, Soo Won and Yona s mothers, the Sky tribe (when and why did this tribe appear?), the priests are the reasons why I read this manga. Oh and Soo Won s story of course. It would be more than interesting to know, how he perceives certain issues and occurences. There are also a few questions left...
I wondered why I didn t like Yona and Hak s interactions at the beginning. Maybe that he teased her so much and acted rather rude to Yona. I think that irked me a little bit.
Thankfully it got better.
Though both characters Yona and Hak interest me more.