Last edited:
I knew that alrdy xD Wyis made a post about it, replying to you, rs.Well there you go then, Faffs. Presents are randomized and we don't know what people get. What prevents mafia members from lying about what they got? Or how is it problematic for them to tell the truth, in the four-out-of-five chance they don't get a role change?
How could it be hard to lie about the gifts?True but that's probably the best we can get.
Another good thing is that no one gets the presents twice. And the gifts can be quite hard to fake. There's pretty much only 1 chance to lie about what gift was inside if you got one. and some of the gifts can be discerned. So lying imo would be hard.
And this way would be better than if we had no basis to work with at all
Oh...i agree.True but that's probably the best we can get.
Another good thing is that no one gets the presents twice. And the gifts can be quite hard to fake. There's pretty much only 1 chance to lie about what gift was inside if you got one. and some of the gifts can be discerned. So lying imo would be hard.
And this way would be better than if we had no basis to work with at all
Well so far we aren't exactly discussing the gifts but discussing if those with boxes should share what they do with them or what they got. I believe that is better since without that info, it can become easy for the gift effects to be lied about later.Tbh the gifts don't affect much yet we are wasting a lot of time discussing them instead of the players themselves that SHOULD actually be our focus.
ThisTbh the gifts don't affect much yet we are wasting a lot of time discussing them instead of the players themselves that SHOULD actually be our focus.

Sigh, fair enough.Tbh the gifts don't affect much yet we are wasting a lot of time discussing them instead of the players themselves that SHOULD actually be our focus.
Why wouldn't it? After all only one effect comes from the gift and you only get gifts once.How could it be hard to lie about the gifts?
Its not a bad thing....just think its too early to really focus on itSigh, fair enough.
Dragging this forward is indeed creating opportunity for some people just to post the minimum, vote and disappear... so yeah I rest my case there.
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---
Why wouldn't it? After all only one effect comes from the gift and you only get gifts once.
BTW, @WithYouInSpirit @Lady pompom It's said that gifts are passed around once, what happens if someone passes a gift to another who already got one before?
We will ask that player to choose another recepitent.Why wouldn't it? After all only one effect comes from the gift and you only get gifts once.
BTW, @WithYouInSpirit @Lady pompom It's said that gifts are passed around once, what happens if someone passes a gift to another who already got one before?
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---
The player who opens the present is the only one that knows about it yes. That also goes for who a player recieved the present from another player. Unless somebody states who they are going to give the gift to, neither the recipient or anyone else will know who they got the gift from.@WithYouInSpirit Is the opening of a present during a night phase made public the next day or is the opener the only one that knows about it?
Also if the present holder is killed what happens to the present they held? Do we hear that they were holding one at the start of next day phase?--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---
Gry can tell us next day or we will see....@WithYouInSpirit Is the opening of a present during a night phase made public the next day or is the opener the only one that knows about it?
Also if the present holder is killed what happens to the present they held? Do we hear that they were holding one at the start of next day phase?--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---
Nope, he didn't. What I asked him was whether the gift bomb kills you or not... I asked if the town is notified when a present is opened, and Pompom said no.I knew that alrdy xD Wyis made a post about it, replying to you, rs.
Nah, really, I said what I think about it, and that last part was reinforcing the previous point. As a final note, passing the boxes among themselves is a bad idea for the mafia, since they're wasting a chance to get another one (which has now definitively been confirmed). Besides, the gifts don't look that appealing for them to me, to be honest - unless I had a weak role, I'd much rather give them away to a townie to look trustworthy if I were in their shoes.Did you learn it...? Cause yet you're here arguing.
I don't get what you're thinking, really.
People are giving hints. Eventually they'll get pressured about roles, whenever it becomes crucial, like it happens in every game. So the mafia is alrdy either lying or trying to fitting in. At some point, they will have to lie for sure, when they claim a role. People being forced to reveal stuff, wtv it is, allow us to map situations. If they try to keep saying the truth about what they get, that might bite them in the ass. They might arrive at a conflicting situation where what they provided will incriminate them, simply 'cause it can't be sustained by a bigger picture or by what they provided before.
The gift rules say they can't tell about their past role and actions. If they change roles AFTER we get them to talk, they'll use the rule at their advantage.
I've been saying since a lot of games that making people talk soon, specially the newer ones, makes it more difficult for the mafia to orchestrated a bigger picture. They have to lie and they don't know what's out there. I got criticized about it in the past and now people seem to be willing to go with it, so I took the chance, and I still don't get how some are so reluctant to provide some key info...
You might not recall about the town getting benefitted by knowing about the notes, but we talked about it the deadpad more than once, about how they would be able to narrow down suspects if they were paying attention to who had what. I get it that it's different 'cause the note could kill and had its transfer related to the killer in some situations, but if people don't talk, even in this game, then the mafia simply has a way bigger margin to lie about whatever. There are too many role options, too many role interaction possibilities, and now 5 new options of situations to claim, per phase.
Don't you think that the mafia, for example, will try to pass the boxes among themselves? 20% chance of becoming immune at night; 20% of getting a role change and they might as well be common mafia, who knows; 20% of getting an extra vote; 20% of an excuse to talk less and cover the ones flying under the radar lol xD Worst case scenario: they lose the box, lmao. So yeah, I would like to know who will get Gry's box, if he passes, and who'll get the next one and how they'll move. Looks to me like the mafia has a lot to earn with possessing the boxes.
But I do get you, I won't swim against any tides either, I've done it in the past, about a similar case, it's draining and not worth it. You guys proceed as you prefer.
