- Joined
- Jan 29, 2008
- Messages
- 2,955
- Reaction score
- 2,573
- Gender
- Male
- Country
-
Can't believe GIA was right.
I'm not even worked up, lol. I'm just of the opinion that there's an answer to this that isn't 'Shueisha is inept.'I'm just here on the sidelines wondering why people are getting so worked up over this.
Hello darkness my old friend.Can't believe GIA was right.
I don't have anything agaisnt the series, in fact, I even watch the anime. It's the fans that are a nuisance.Says the guy who gets triggered by anything MHA related. Like I said people get really antsy when MHA gets brought up.
Because they didn't expect the third serialization of an author who failed twice to be a huge hit?I'm not even worked up, lol. I'm just of the opinion that there's an answer to this that isn't 'Shueisha is inept.'
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---
So the fanbase is bad for correcting people for making inaccurate statements as a means to compare two different manga, released on two different intervals, with two different boosts? Okay. The topic of promotion is something that gets brought up by different groups of people all you've shown is that people who like TPN are really insecure and can't just be happy that their manga is doing well. You're certainly not making yourself loom better by agitating others with your comments.stuff
So, couldn't this be a case of them learning from their past mistakes with newer popular series, instead of favoritism?Because they didn't expect the third serialization of an author who failed twice to be a huge hit?
I kind of view it like KnY and Yuuna. Yuuna had a way better start, but KnY slowly but surely started surpassing it over time.This all started with me trying to understand why so many ppl think TPN will surpass MHA in sales when MHA did better and is also constantly growing. Not sure how I'm controversial or in my arse
. Not win, nominated 
You say that but TPN had multiple TV appearances during its first year which no Jump manga recieved. Now this can pretty much just be audience reception but Jump is milking it for all its worth.So, couldn't this be a case of them learning from their past mistakes with newer popular series, instead of favoritism?
Makes sense but let me ask you why do you think it should be doing better? As much as I like the series it's not entitled to anything.I kind of view it like KnY and Yuuna. Yuuna had a way better start, but KnY slowly but surely started surpassing it over time.
It's not a 1:1 comparison, mind you. It's just a personal belief. I'm not upset at MHA's success, bit I do feel like TPN should be doing better. Then again, I thought the same for Toriko, so what do I know? >_>
You're the one who got agitated.So the fanbase is bad for correcting people for making inaccurate statements as a means to compare two different manga, released on two different intervals, with two different boosts? Okay. The topic of promotion is something that gets brought up by different groups of people all you've shown is that people who like TPN are really insecure and can't just be happy that their manga is doing well. You're certainly not making yourself loom better by agitating others with yoyr comments.
I feel the quality warrants it. Nothing more, nothing less.Makes sense but let me ask you why do you think it should be doing better? As much as I like the series it's not entitled to anything.
Perhaps, but even stateside, it got really good buzz early on. Viz literally added it to the lineup instantly after the Jump Start, which is practically unheard of, IIRC. Could be wrong there, though.You say that but TPN had multiple TV appearances during its first year which no Jump manga recieved. Now this can pretty much just be audience reception but Jump is milking it for all its worth.
MHA had 4 Vomic episodes aired at Animax in January 2015, in it's early days it appeared multipe times at "Special research police JUMPolice" TV show if you count this one, also (Horikoshi) appeared at Mandō Kobayashi TV show in January 2016.But those are just the magazine promotions right? Neverland had all of those TV promotions as well.
And where did i say or implied that it is higher? neither said that comparing 7 volumes sales to one volume is a valid argument, what i meant is that there always been comparisons between each manga's (other series too not just MHA and TPN) respective volumes or their first year sales, pre-anime etc, but suddenly now the comparison became embrassing? i'm gonna ask the same question what is it with TPN that get people so riled up? because most of what i saw is people denying TPN's big success or not given it much credit for that.In what dimension is 164k higher than 168k? Probably in the same one where comparing 7 volumes worth of sales to one volume is considered a valid argument. What is it with MHA that get people so riled up?
The first TPN chapter lied about what to expect. I thought it would be a survival story with many children dying. Instead the only onscreen deaths happened in the 1st chapter and the 68th chapter. And the two who were killed in chapter 68 were literal nobodies who were introduced 1 chapter before their death.Another thing that I feel contributes to TPN's success is the very first chapter. It has, by far, the best first chapter in recent memory. Notice how a lot of recent Jump failures stretch out introductions or outright fumble them.
Nailing that aspect goes a long way, IMO.
Yes I'm agitated for pointing out that TPN with its current boost and plethora of promotion still falls behind a volume of MHA released 2 years ago with none of tge bells and whistles that Neverland has.You're the one who got agitated.
The fact is that TPN is doing roughly the same as MHA in the same timeframe:
Manga of different genre, two different targets, with volumes released on different dates of different years. The gap between said volumes is what? 10k? Given the conditions and the variables, it's safe to say they're pretty much the same at the same point in time.
You are the one who started this whole discussion 5 pages ago with your false information.And where did i say or implied that it is higher? neither said that comparing 7 volumes sales to one volume is a valid argument, what i meant is that there always been comparisons between each manga's (other series too not just MHA and TPN) respective volumes or their first year sales, pre-anime etc, but suddenly now the comparison became embrassing? i'm gonna ask the same question what is it with TPN that get people so riled up? because most of what i saw is people denying TPN's big success or not given it much credit for that.
Nobody is going to deny TPN's success, but you can't expect people to be quiet when you post false information to make one thing look better than the other.Currently TPN's latest volume (seventh) is doing better than what MHA's seventh volume did at its first week
My Hero Academia Vol.7: 149,444 (5 days)
The Promised Neverland Vol.7: 164,072 (4 days)