Mag Talk Weekly Shonen Jump [2018] - Discussion and TOC Talk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mammo

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Mar 20, 2015
Messages
4,755
Reaction score
8,897
Gender
Male
Country
Holy Britannian Empire
the author Hero Academia Vigilante is releasing a novel next month and it's illustrated by the one and only Yabuki

 

cody

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Nov 5, 2017
Messages
1,929
Reaction score
877
Country
Joker
Here's a cute Kimetsu no Yaiba GIF/animation

 

Mammo

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Mar 20, 2015
Messages
4,755
Reaction score
8,897
Gender
Male
Country
Holy Britannian Empire
just read Bozebeat first chapter and unless you're really into Square Jump-like battle manga, I don't get all the praise

it's just generic exorcism manga #110458 with the jungle book mc

am I missing something? did the leakers read more than this 1 chapter or something?
 

puppeto4

Registered User
下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Joined
Apr 18, 2007
Messages
82
Reaction score
51
Gender
Male
Country
Malaysia
Same, not feeling it with Bozebeats. The panel flow really a put off too.
 

De La Croissant

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Dec 4, 2014
Messages
804
Reaction score
668
Gender
Hidden
Country
The Wall
Oh, c'mon... :gwah
 

cody

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Nov 5, 2017
Messages
1,929
Reaction score
877
Country
Joker
just read Bozebeat first chapter and unless you're really into Square Jump-like battle manga, I don't get all the praise

it's just generic exorcism manga #110458 with the jungle book mc

am I missing something? did the leakers read more than this 1 chapter or something?
Last two serialization rounds were pretty bad so they got overly excited? I might cave in and read the crappy translation it got now. because my curiosity levels have been raised.
 

tirakai

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Aug 7, 2016
Messages
5,297
Reaction score
7,333
Age
33
Country
Scotland
People get tremendously excited for every new battle shounen in the magazine, remember Red Sprite had a ton of hype despite being complete garbage.
 

Doughboy

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Apr 1, 2016
Messages
4,482
Reaction score
8,341
Country
United States
I heard from a source close to he matter that ActAge is GOOD.
Yeah no doubt, it was pretty good. Romance fanatics on this thread are gonna eat this one up.
 

cody

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Nov 5, 2017
Messages
1,929
Reaction score
877
Country
Joker
People get tremendously excited for every new battle shounen in the magazine, remember Red Sprite had a ton of hype despite being complete garbage.
Meanwhile everyone ignored Kimetsu no Yaiba and it smugly survived and it finally seems that more people are picking it up in the West.
 

cody

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Nov 5, 2017
Messages
1,929
Reaction score
877
Country
Joker
Viz really dropped the ball by not picking up Kimetsu no Yaiba for their magazine..
Sure, at the start it was unsure what fate it would have, but when the manga reached the point of having over 30 chapters they should've immediately picked it up especially because Bleach, Toriko, Ass Class and Nisekoi all finished in 2016 and of course they immediately picked up Red Sprite and Love Rush instead when they realized that those four big ones would be gone.
Edit: Of course both Red Sprite and Love rush were fucking trash, so good decision making from Viz xD
 

Newkerzy

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Nov 22, 2008
Messages
7,561
Reaction score
5,412
Age
35
Gender
Male
Country
Indonesia
just read Bozebeat first chapter and unless you're really into Square Jump-like battle manga, I don't get all the praise

it's just generic exorcism manga #110458 with the jungle book mc

am I missing something? did the leakers read more than this 1 chapter or something?
Y'know, YonKou is generally a reliable and trustworthy source when it comes to information about Jump mangas, but could he possibly have trolled us on Bozebeats's quality? :hmm
 

Scruffy8642

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Aug 3, 2016
Messages
1,129
Reaction score
1,057
Age
29
Country
Australia
Sure, at the start it was unsure what fate it would have, but when the manga reached the point of having over 30 chapters they should've immediately picked it up especially because Bleach, Toriko, Ass Class and Nisekoi all finished in 2016 and of course they immediately picked up Red Sprite and Love Rush instead when they realized that those four big ones would be gone.
Edit: Of course both Red Sprite and Love rush were fucking trash, so good decision making from Viz xD
It doesn't help when their process of picking up a series takes 6-12 months to finally start releasing it... I'm flabbergasted Vol 1 doesn't even come out for another 6 months or so despite being announced forever ago. It's a big problem Viz has. On the other hand, Kodansha releases most stuff they announce within a month. Drifting Dragons was announced early December and they will be releasing volume 3 in another 2 weeks to be caught up with Japan. Their pace is insane for stuff they think will be popular. They even do Biweekly volume releases for some series. Viz definitely need to change some things, because outside of Jump, their business model sucks ass.
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---
Y'know, YonKou is generally a reliable and trustworthy source when it comes to information about Jump mangas, but could he possibly have trolled us on Bozebeats's quality? :hmm
Doesn't mean he has good taste :cheez.
Though I don't get why 3 leakers who are mostly silent started talking this up if it's just eh. Rip Battle manga in Jump.
 

Caiops

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Apr 7, 2015
Messages
803
Reaction score
519
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil
Really liked the first chapter, so emotional. ;-;
 

Mammo

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Mar 20, 2015
Messages
4,755
Reaction score
8,897
Gender
Male
Country
Holy Britannian Empire
Though I don't get why 3 leakers who are mostly silent started talking this up if it's just eh.
THIS.

I kept waiting for the "this is not you average battle manga" moment and it never came
 

TM2

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Jan 23, 2017
Messages
155
Reaction score
95
Age
34
Country
Hong Kong
While I wasn't blown away by the manga the art and presentation were enough that I was interested in where the story was going, if only for the art if nothing else.

Of course I also hold the opinion that stories designed for serialization will take some time to open up. So I would not be so quick to write a series off so early in its run provided it doesn't fuck up basic storytelling.
 

SharkBait

MH Senpai
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Aug 23, 2013
Messages
14,079
Reaction score
6,938
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Y'know, YonKou is generally a reliable and trustworthy source when it comes to information about Jump mangas, but could he possibly have trolled us on Bozebeats's quality? :hmm
Youtubers shouldnt be trusted, but I think this is an exception.
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---
Viz jump wont load for me 500 Service error. weeping.
 

xAsum0x

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Dec 4, 2014
Messages
1,763
Reaction score
1,582
Gender
Male
Country
United States
While I wasn't blown away by the manga the art and presentation were enough that I was interested in where the story was going, if only for the art if nothing else.

Of course I also hold the opinion that stories designed for serialization will take some time to open up. So I would not be so quick to write a series off so early in its run provided it doesn't fuck up basic storytelling.
Yeah I wasnt blown away either but it was solid and the arts fantastic so it leaves room for alot of potential designs and battles later down the road. Personally I dont care about cliches so my opinion hasnt changed, its a good start.
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---
Act age in color tho
Looks clean as well, great art back to back
 

Mammo

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Mar 20, 2015
Messages
4,755
Reaction score
8,897
Gender
Male
Country
Holy Britannian Empire
I'm not writing off BB's potential, I just don't get why all the leakers felt the need to point out how special it was compared to other new Jump manga

and speaking of the art, I didn't find that very special either, it's fine and serviceable imo

Youtubers shouldnt be trusted, but I think this is an exception..
still doing "yonkou is a youtuber" gag? funny how when he was posting in this thread last week instead of confronting this untrustworthy youtuber you were playing dead :teehee
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top