Games Mafia Game 61 - The Lord of the Rings Edition - END GAME

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lambu

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jul 12, 2016
Messages
1,618
Reaction score
14,395
Age
29
Country
Spain

The Fellowship enjoyed the sunlight after a good day. They got back the One Ring, and then focused in their second higher suspect: Galadriel
They had enough clues so they proceeded with the lynch fast.


Mafia Strongwoman

Afterwards, Haldir decided to confess his true allegiance, since he could not actually kill anyone anymore (and everyone was already losing their minds with this crazy journey)


Mafia Pirate
(Mafia Jesus)

:fan

So with this, all the Nazgul were defeated and the One Ring finally could be destroyed!


-------------------------o-------------------------

And so:

Finally, The Fellowship of the Townies win the Game!
:confetti




Bomb


Hoe


Barkeeper


Spy


Detective


Doctor

Congratulations!!!




Thank you to all the players for participating, from Empi and I :vbunny


Player List
​

  • @Farfalla - Faramir >>>> Recruiting Mason (Killed Night 2)
  • @GrySun - Boromir >>>> Mentor (Daykilled Day 2)
  • @Lady pompom - Pippin >>>> Investigator (Killed Night 2)
  • @gnut - Witchking of Angmar >>>> Mafia Boss (Lynched Day 3)
  • @Crescent_jinxgrace - Eowyn >>>> Mafia Janitor (Lynched Day 6)
  • @BluePegasus - Elrond >>>> Time Bomb (Hostkilled Day 2)
  • @Zasz - Grima >>>> Mafia Strongman (Lynched Day 2)
  • @MarmaladeSky - Theoden >>>> Spy
  • @Vandred - Gollum >>>> Sane Detective >>>> Mentee recruited on Night 1 (Daykilled Day 2)
  • @Cat Sidhe26 - Isildur >>>> Insane Detective (Lynched Day 1)
  • @Asako - Merry >>>> Barkeeper
  • @Gryffindor - Aragorn >>>> Mafia Boss (killed Night 2)
  • @Brandish - Legolas >>>> Bulletproof Townie (killed Night 4)
  • @Xadyu - Denethor >>>> Prostitute
  • @kira - Sauron >>>> DayTime Vigilante (Hostkilled Day 4)
  • @Belserion - Galadriel >>>> Mafia Strongman (Lynched Day 7)
  • @Juviii - Saruman >>>> Insane Doctor
  • @Organizized - Eomer >>>> Mafia Gambler (killed Night 2)
  • @shinobi - Sam >>>> Insane Detective
  • @Shobu_Yoruichi - Frodo >>>> Sane Doctor (Lynched Day 5)
  • @Holt - Bilbo >>>> Jesus >>>> becomes Townie due to role steal (Killed Night 3)
  • @Mononoke - Celeborn >>>> Mafia Poisoner (Hostkilled Day 3)
  • @goodboy_lawlett - Deagol >>>> Bomb
  • @EmptySoul - Arwen >>>> Mafia Escort (Daykilled Day 4)
  • @TSPanda - Gimli >>>> Mafia Bomb Defuser (Killed Night 1)
  • @Shinyarcanine45 - Haldir >>>> Mafia Jesus (Lynched Day 4) >>>> Mafia Pirate (Lynched Day 7)
  • @James Rye - Treebeard >>>> Martyr (Killed Night 5)
 
Last edited:

GrySun

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Dec 22, 2014
Messages
3,360
Reaction score
33,623
Gender
Male
Country
Earth Kindom
I misunderstood what @GrySun said about talking about our roles.
Misunderstood in what way? Your first post said you can investigate someone, your edit says you are inactive. Which one is the truth now? And why did you edit the post?
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---
Cat it somehow feels like you're trying to post as few words as possible. I don't know you from elsewhere to know if that's your usual talking style, but it does feel like you're holding back consciously.
 

Asako

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jan 24, 2018
Messages
2,062
Reaction score
15,308
Gender
Female
Country
Tunisia
Cat I think it's better if you go more in deep as it seem they won't let you go out of they suspension. ( and I m one of them)

If what you said first is true and that you can investigate, I have one thing to say good luck and protect yourself as the mafia may come for you.
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---
suspicion*
It's going to be hard not to edit auto correct mistakes....
So this is my other way to edit these mistakes.
 

Copy Panda

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Mar 1, 2015
Messages
4,533
Reaction score
21,657
Gender
Female
Country
China
So what if Rings of Power are activated? Do those enjoy the same protective privileges as the One Ring? Does the LotR see those activations as well?

If a red mafia passes the One Ring to orange mafia, do they die?
 

GrySun

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Dec 22, 2014
Messages
3,360
Reaction score
33,623
Gender
Male
Country
Earth Kindom
suspicion*
It's going to be hard not to edit auto correct mistakes....
So this is my other way to edit these mistakes.
Hosts usually allow editting small typos. But if you edit a message to make a big change in it's meaning, that's when it's not okay.
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---
So what if Rings of Power are activated? Do those enjoy the same protective privileges as the One Ring? Does the LotR see those activations as well?

If a red mafia passes the One Ring to orange mafia, do they die?
From what I understand, our specific rings are a seperate thing entirely, and it does what it says in your PM. Mine is related to my role, so I'd assume they all give some perks or complement your role in a meaningful way. Which makes me wonder if they become useless if there's Masons in the game or if they get replaced.

The protection, as well as bad effects from using it several times, is only tied to the One Ring which one unlucky sap among us started with.

Since Lambu was literal before when asked for interactions with 3rd parties, he would most likely be literal there as well and that means the red mafia would die. At least from how I understood it. I don't think it's as complicated as people make it out to be.
 

Hermit

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Apr 9, 2016
Messages
6,560
Reaction score
24,727
Age
31
Country
Mozambique
Cat I think it's better if you go more in deep as it seem they won't let you go out of they suspension. ( and I m one of them)

If what you said first is true and that you can investigate, I have one thing to say good luck and protect yourself as the mafia may come for you.
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---
suspicion*
It's going to be hard not to edit auto correct mistakes....
So this is my other way to edit these mistakes.
No worries, typos and autocorrect edits are perfectly fine :)
As long as you indicate what edit was made exactly
 

Copy Panda

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Mar 1, 2015
Messages
4,533
Reaction score
21,657
Gender
Female
Country
China
I can see that, I'm asking because of the possibility of their being multiple Lords and One Rings

Essentially, at the oppurtunity cost of passing it to your respective Lord, you could pass on the One Ring to someone to see if they're mafia or not. If you don't die, you'll know they aren't mafia, if different mafia's are treated differently. Basically, if a non-lord mafia would get hold of the ring, the next thing they'd do is pass it to the Lord, right? It's also possible that one of the teams wouldn't have a Lord in their team, meaning that they can obtain the ring, but still risk dying if different mafia are treated differently
 

Vandred

Plan Deviser
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Mangahelper
Joined
Mar 15, 2016
Messages
1,488
Reaction score
7,113
Country
Imperium of Mankind
Posts as little as little as possible but still enough not to be seen as a lurker, votes me when I was one of the most active at the time and started pressuring people for hints saying we "don't need" me in the game, and then contradicts herself on her claim. I'd say it's looking pretty bad for @Cat Sidhe26 at the moment, yeah.

@Asako too for that matter, I could see you two being in the same team and I don't really buy your explanation yet, but I guess we have a better target for now. Still, I've got my big, adorable puppy eyes on you.





And then in Vand himself 'cause the last two times we played I was scum/TP and he was town and I paid a lot of attention on his actions fearing he would fuck me up and noticed he was being quite reserved in the first days, prolly trying to survive a bit more or collecting info without being under the radars, and would participate more towards the end. Now he's quite active right of the bat, and I'm not liking this change.
Well I didn't have a passive role in those games, so I don't really have a reason to only collect the info I need for using my role at night. Nice to know you don't like me being active either, though :feelsbadman

(Just noticed "Farfaramir", by the way :lmao If you got to choose the avy yourself, that's brilliant.)


Ok, I thought about what to do since yesterday, and I made up my mind.

I‘m a Paranoid Gun Owner. I’m saying this because I don‘t want to kill a townie and be at fault for out loss if we lose. I blame myself enough for these games already as is.

The other option I thought about was trying to pull some play and bait a mafia escort on me, but it‘s way too risky. And without going in with some well laid out plan(which frankly I can‘t think of a reliable one) to ensure the highest priority action that‘s first used on me is from a mafia, I think it‘s an awful idea to keep my PGO role hidden and let luck decide what happens(like previous PGOs often did).

Saying this pretty much ensures mafia will never target me, but unless a townie eats my shot for them I can still be useful as a night immune townie.
PGO, huh. You wouldn't happen to be a mafia baiting someone into giving you the ring, would you? :rolleyes:

Kinda makes me wonder if passing the ring is treated as a night action, even though I don't think so. @Lambu? (Sorry for all the questions, by the way :darn )
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---
But yeah, my hint in good enough, people are never satisfied with them anyway (I'm active - old style hinting <- bad; I'm passive and might harm if I die <- bad; I'm not useful now and might grow to be, but there's a chance that won't happen <- bad). I won't reveal it like you did so ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Well, in defense of Gry's argument...

I'm active - old style hinting <- bad; (You were Santa)
I'm passive and might harm if I die <- bad; (You were mafia)
I'm not useful now and might grow to be, but there's a chance that won't happen <- bad (???)

Seriously, why are you guys pointing at what you lied about when you were trying to deceive town to explain your playstyle :XD
 

Copy Panda

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Mar 1, 2015
Messages
4,533
Reaction score
21,657
Gender
Female
Country
China
Don't forget the TG game, in which she role swapped like 4 times lmao
 

Asako

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jan 24, 2018
Messages
2,062
Reaction score
15,308
Gender
Female
Country
Tunisia
Posts as little as little as possible but still enough not to be seen as a lurker, votes me when I was one of the most active at the time and started pressuring people for hints saying we "don't need" me in the game, and then contradicts herself on her claim. I'd say it's looking pretty bad for @Cat Sidhe26 at the moment, yeah.

@Asako too for that matter, I could see you two being in the same team and I don't really buy your explanation yet, but I guess we have a better target for now. Still, I've got my big, adorable puppy eyes on you.






Well I didn't have a passive role in those games, so I don't really have a reason to only collect the info I need for using my role at night. Nice to know you don't like me being active either, though :feelsbadman

(Just noticed "Farfaramir", by the way :lmao If you got to choose the avy yourself, that's brilliant.)



PGO, huh. You wouldn't happen to be a mafia baiting someone into giving you the ring, would you? :rolleyes:

Kinda makes me wonder if passing the ring is treated as a night action, even though I don't think so. @Lambu? (Sorry for all the questions, by the way :darn )
Yes I do know that I still have eyes on me but I will probably be killed by the mafia if my innocence is ever become known.
Well I started at a bad start I must say but I will try my best to prove my innocence to my seniors.





this is unrelated to the game.
But I will be inactive for a while as I have a math test coming up soon so now excuse me guys, I m going to review for it. I will be back after a while just to use my votekill.
 

Farfalla

The Witch of Drama
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Feb 4, 2008
Messages
15,210
Reaction score
47,678
Gender
Female
Country
Tuvalu
Essentially, at the oppurtunity cost of passing it to your respective Lord, you could pass on the One Ring to someone to see if they're mafia or not. If you don't die, you'll know they aren't mafia
I think I'm derping but I'll ask anyway. Since you can't share who you passed the ring to (and the others can't either), confirming one townie for yourself is of use only for a few roles - or just later on in the game, no? The risk of dying from it looks more impactful than the confirmation gain (I also overlooked the part that said that passing it to a mafia would get you killed, or I'm misreading again lmao)

Nice to know you don't like me being active either, though :feelsbadman
That's totally not what I said :hmph Stop farfalling, tut tut.
(I'll never miss having you on my ass either, tho)

(Just noticed "Farfaramir", by the way :lmao If you got to choose the avy yourself, that's brilliant.)
Nah, it was random, I decided to give someone else the avy (Gry, since he gave me Armin, which is currently the char I love the most in the world; altho I didn't know what char he would prefer and suggested Aragorn, Lambu went with Boromir for him, so double propos to our host).
Won't lie that I ended up loving my avy :awedunno if Lambu intended the pun.

PGO, huh. You wouldn't happen to be a mafia baiting someone into giving you the ring, would you? :rolleyes:
Hope the bearer would pass it to James, so far (altho I still think he should use it first), since his "recruit me if you can" looks legit to me.
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---
Well, in defense of Gry's argument...

I'm active - old style hinting <- bad; (You were Santa)
I'm passive and might harm if I die <- bad; (You were mafia)
I'm not useful now and might grow to be, but there's a chance that won't happen <- bad (???)

Seriously, why are you guys pointing at what you lied about when you were trying to deceive town to explain your playstyle :XD
My point was that those are 3 completely different approaches and they were all still criticized from moment 0 (in spite of knowing what I was). And, again, in spite of being TP/mafia, those approaches are completely different, so you can't infer I'm scum from it. There are no links.
 

GrySun

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Dec 22, 2014
Messages
3,360
Reaction score
33,623
Gender
Male
Country
Earth Kindom
I can see that, I'm asking because of the possibility of their being multiple Lords and One Rings

Essentially, at the oppurtunity cost of passing it to your respective Lord, you could pass on the One Ring to someone to see if they're mafia or not. If you don't die, you'll know they aren't mafia, if different mafia's are treated differently. Basically, if a non-lord mafia would get hold of the ring, the next thing they'd do is pass it to the Lord, right? It's also possible that one of the teams wouldn't have a Lord in their team, meaning that they can obtain the ring, but still risk dying if different mafia are treated differently
Having 2 mafias but only giving a lord to one beat the point of the whole system. That's why I think either a lord in each, or one big mafia with one lord. We can't know which one it is, but with so many players there's bound to be at least 2 parties that can kill at night, and roles similar to mine(like bombs, vengeful, lovers etc.) which are there to further cull the player count?
Either way, it has to be either 2 mafia parties with a lord each, or only one lord meaning only one mafia. In that case we'd have one or two 3rd parties. If there's a lover then it's very likely it's just 1 big mafia, since lovers just don't work for a 2-mafia setup.
 

Farfalla

The Witch of Drama
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Feb 4, 2008
Messages
15,210
Reaction score
47,678
Gender
Female
Country
Tuvalu
Of course I'm trying to provide things you guys can work with, but working up my own game as well, that shouldn't be a mystery xP
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---
Don't forget the TG game, in which she role swapped like 4 times lmao
Huh? '-' But what does that game mechanic has to do with this? I mean, those cases I commented on weren't on the TG game anyway.
 

GrySun

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Dec 22, 2014
Messages
3,360
Reaction score
33,623
Gender
Male
Country
Earth Kindom
PGO, huh. You wouldn't happen to be a mafia baiting someone into giving you the ring, would you? :rolleyes:

Kinda makes me wonder if passing the ring is treated as a night action, even though I don't think so. @Lambu? (Sorry for all the questions, by the way :darn )
But I told everyone not to target me with anything :XD I thought the ring would trigger my ability if it's the only action used on me and kill the person. If not then it could possibly be some combo? Even if, I still don't want the ring. It's a bit too much pressure for my taste, as I'd most likely give it away to the wrong person #TGGameFlashbacks :feelsbadman
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---
Nah, it was random, I decided to give someone else the avy (Gry, since he gave me Armin, which is currently the char I love the most in the world; altho I didn't know what char he would prefer and suggested Aragorn, Lambu went with Boromir for him, so double propos to our host).
Thank you. Lambu worked his magic wand with this one apparently.

Hope the bearer would pass it to James, so far (altho I still think he should use it first), since his "recruit me if you can" looks legit to me.
I had the same feeling when reading that one post of his. He seems very legit, like the time he was Mason in the LoL game and asked for people to investigate him. The post seemed pretty sincere. So far I'll trust him unless other things are revealed.
 

Brandish μ

Taking notes
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Global Moderator
Joined
Oct 24, 2015
Messages
10,244
Reaction score
33,630
Gender
Male
Country
Kingdom of Fiore
Votekill Cat Sidhe26 aka Isildur. For the edit and explanation.
 

James Rye

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Oct 18, 2014
Messages
2,019
Reaction score
6,506
Age
37
Gender
Male
Country
Germany
For a game with 27 players this is one slow first day. Has everyone really written 3 posts or are there some missing? To me it feels like I have seen twenty different avis so far and some of those way less than three times.
 

Vandred

Plan Deviser
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Mangahelper
Joined
Mar 15, 2016
Messages
1,488
Reaction score
7,113
Country
Imperium of Mankind
But I told everyone not to target me with anything :XD I thought the ring would trigger my ability if it's the only action used on me and kill the person. If not then it could possibly be some combo? Even if, I still don't want the ring. It's a bit too much pressure for my taste, as I'd most likely give it away to the wrong person #TGGameFlashbacks :feelsbadman
Just making sure. :heh I wouldn't want the current Ring Bearer, in case they're a noob, to think it's a good idea to give it to you and get themselves killed. If you're being honest, that is.


Hope the bearer would pass it to James, so far (altho I still think he should use it first), since his "recruit me if you can" looks legit to me.
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

My point was that those are 3 completely different approaches and they were all still criticized from moment 0 (in spite of knowing what I was). And, again, in spite of being TP/mafia, those approaches are completely different, so you can't infer I'm scum from it. There are no links.
I'm not sure I'd feel comfortable with the ring getting passed to any one of us who is currently looking trustworthy, since those would be the prime targets for the mafia as well, but on the other hand, handing it off to a lurker isn't exactly the best idea either... What a thorny situation. I really hope the boost to the mafia for getting the ring is not as cataclysmic as it's suggested.

As for the rest, yeah, it's not really much of an indication, but it wouldn't hurt if you provided something more as a hint. As it is now, it is pretty vague. But I'd really like for everyone else to say something about themselves before the day is over, too.


so who we killin?
You, if you don't give us any hint :yelling

Well, and votekill Cat Sidhe26. But do give a hint, lawl.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top