Games Mafia Game 61 - The Lord of the Rings Edition - END GAME

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lambu

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jul 12, 2016
Messages
1,618
Reaction score
14,395
Age
29
Country
Spain

The Fellowship enjoyed the sunlight after a good day. They got back the One Ring, and then focused in their second higher suspect: Galadriel
They had enough clues so they proceeded with the lynch fast.


Mafia Strongwoman

Afterwards, Haldir decided to confess his true allegiance, since he could not actually kill anyone anymore (and everyone was already losing their minds with this crazy journey)


Mafia Pirate
(Mafia Jesus)

:fan

So with this, all the Nazgul were defeated and the One Ring finally could be destroyed!


-------------------------o-------------------------

And so:

Finally, The Fellowship of the Townies win the Game!
:confetti




Bomb


Hoe


Barkeeper


Spy


Detective


Doctor

Congratulations!!!




Thank you to all the players for participating, from Empi and I :vbunny


Player List
​

  • @Farfalla - Faramir >>>> Recruiting Mason (Killed Night 2)
  • @GrySun - Boromir >>>> Mentor (Daykilled Day 2)
  • @Lady pompom - Pippin >>>> Investigator (Killed Night 2)
  • @gnut - Witchking of Angmar >>>> Mafia Boss (Lynched Day 3)
  • @Crescent_jinxgrace - Eowyn >>>> Mafia Janitor (Lynched Day 6)
  • @BluePegasus - Elrond >>>> Time Bomb (Hostkilled Day 2)
  • @Zasz - Grima >>>> Mafia Strongman (Lynched Day 2)
  • @MarmaladeSky - Theoden >>>> Spy
  • @Vandred - Gollum >>>> Sane Detective >>>> Mentee recruited on Night 1 (Daykilled Day 2)
  • @Cat Sidhe26 - Isildur >>>> Insane Detective (Lynched Day 1)
  • @Asako - Merry >>>> Barkeeper
  • @Gryffindor - Aragorn >>>> Mafia Boss (killed Night 2)
  • @Brandish - Legolas >>>> Bulletproof Townie (killed Night 4)
  • @Xadyu - Denethor >>>> Prostitute
  • @kira - Sauron >>>> DayTime Vigilante (Hostkilled Day 4)
  • @Belserion - Galadriel >>>> Mafia Strongman (Lynched Day 7)
  • @Juviii - Saruman >>>> Insane Doctor
  • @Organizized - Eomer >>>> Mafia Gambler (killed Night 2)
  • @shinobi - Sam >>>> Insane Detective
  • @Shobu_Yoruichi - Frodo >>>> Sane Doctor (Lynched Day 5)
  • @Holt - Bilbo >>>> Jesus >>>> becomes Townie due to role steal (Killed Night 3)
  • @Mononoke - Celeborn >>>> Mafia Poisoner (Hostkilled Day 3)
  • @goodboy_lawlett - Deagol >>>> Bomb
  • @EmptySoul - Arwen >>>> Mafia Escort (Daykilled Day 4)
  • @TSPanda - Gimli >>>> Mafia Bomb Defuser (Killed Night 1)
  • @Shinyarcanine45 - Haldir >>>> Mafia Jesus (Lynched Day 4) >>>> Mafia Pirate (Lynched Day 7)
  • @James Rye - Treebeard >>>> Martyr (Killed Night 5)
 
Last edited:

GrySun

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Dec 22, 2014
Messages
3,360
Reaction score
33,636
Gender
Male
Country
Earth Kindom
Damn, Panda got removed right away? His claim didn‘t even seem like a strong role. Maybe they thought he had the ring, or just generally wanted him dead?(lawl?). Either way, RIP man. One person less for me to be biased about I guess..

Hope the One Ring is in safe hands.
 

Holt

#1 Ranker
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Global Moderator
Joined
Aug 6, 2014
Messages
8,036
Reaction score
8,328
Gender
Male
Country
Nigeria
RIP Panda...can't quite recall what he claimed or said yesterday though

Gry I thought the ring must still be with town?..naturally, if it was passed to a mafia wouldn't the person die from it?
 

Farfalla

The Witch of Drama
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Feb 4, 2008
Messages
15,210
Reaction score
47,678
Gender
Female
Country
Tuvalu
People could have wanted him dead 'cause he's a strong player as well, which could point towards some people in here. More likely than a troll kill from Misho.

In any case, shame Cat was a det. I'll never understand why she couldn't explain her change... instead of answering she came back to say she didn't answer cause she was out and list what she was doing...and still didn't answer.
Once Orgz mentioned she wrote "investigative" at first, she was a dead man walking anyway, as I said before. Mafia would end up taking care of her and I doubt docs would protect her being in that position.
 

Zasz

Bishoujo Collector
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Sep 17, 2012
Messages
7,072
Reaction score
5,797
Country
Marine Headquarters
Poor Cat though, never seen a player being so brutally lynched on Day 1.
Also Panda died and we don't know what role he had? Hmmm...
 

GrySun

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Dec 22, 2014
Messages
3,360
Reaction score
33,636
Gender
Male
Country
Earth Kindom
RIP Panda...can't quite recall what he claimed or said yesterday though

Gry I thought the ring must still be with town?..naturally, if it was passed to a mafia wouldn't the person die from it?
If a Ring Bearer passes the One Ring to a Mafia, he will die in the following Night after that happens.
He should die next night if he gave it to a mafia, not right away.
Which again gives us this tradeoff of him who has the ring now to give us a confirmed townie and the other guy being either town or mafia vs. revealing the new ring bearer to the mafia if he‘s town.
 

Marmalade

The Golden Witch
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Global Moderator
Joined
Oct 2, 2016
Messages
2,373
Reaction score
12,903
Gender
Female
Country
Netherlands


Welp, that didn't end very well now did it.

The next ring bearer receives the ring the next day phase (after it's being passed). So wouldn't it be the night starting from that point?
 

GrySun

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Dec 22, 2014
Messages
3,360
Reaction score
33,636
Gender
Male
Country
Earth Kindom
This could mean we only have 1 big mafia to deal with, or the other kill was blocked. We should really try and get a mafia today somehow to even things out. Unfortunately we have few leads, since I can‘t really blame anyone for distrusting Cat. Ofc there were at least a couple mafias among her voters to bandwagon but that doesn‘t tell us much sadly.

People could have wanted him dead 'cause he's a strong player as well, which could point towards some people in here. More likely than a troll kill from Misho.

In any case, shame Cat was a det. I'll never understand why she couldn't explain her change... instead of answering she came back to say she didn't answer cause she was out and list what she was doing...and still didn't answer.
Once Orgz mentioned she wrote "investigative" at first, she was a dead man walking anyway, as I said before. Mafia would end up taking care of her and I doubt docs would protect her being in that position.
Which people do you think usually target the big guys? I feel like lately from the games I‘ve seen the targeting can be all over the place in terms of reasoning. Panda is capable but is that reason enough? Maybe he suspected certain people, or they really read too much into some of his words to deduce a certain role or think he had a ring?

As for Cat, that‘s all completely on her. A clear case of a townie being pretty bad. Making a mistake and not adressing the core issue at all. Maybe she was under pressure for having one of the most important roles in this game, but she dug her own grave with her reserved approach.
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---
No, cause he passes it during the day. So he'd pass it on D1 and die on N1. That's how I got it.
I thought it was pretty simple, but maybe I‘m misunderstanding?
He gives it away during the night, but it‘s only when the day starts that it‘s passed on. Meaning it basically has lowest 4th action priority, or is exempt from all priorities but just comes at the very end.
 

shinobi

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
May 19, 2008
Messages
1,355
Reaction score
4,574
Country
Dragonstone
A detective is dead!!! :neutral and Panda's role is not revealed!!
do we know for sure the ring was passed and not used?? town doesn't get notified if the ring is used if I got it right!!
 

Farfalla

The Witch of Drama
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Feb 4, 2008
Messages
15,210
Reaction score
47,678
Gender
Female
Country
Tuvalu


Welp, that didn't end very well now did it.

The next ring bearer receives the ring the next day phase (after it's being passed). So wouldn't it be the night starting from that point?
Hm, it's written about the passing act, not the receiving one, so I thought it was when the bearer would send his action.

Which people do you think usually target the big guys? I feel like lately from the games I‘ve seen the targeting can be all over the place in terms of reasoning. Panda is capable but is that reason enough? Maybe he suspected certain people, or they really read too much into some of his words to deduce a certain role or think he had a ring?
Well of course at first I thought of you, but considering how he was raising questions about the ring more often than the rest, now I'm thinking they killed him believing he had the one ring. I mean, in this game, it should be the priority for the mafia to try to get the ring, and not to eliminate strong players (at least not now, specially after we just bandwagoned a detective, sigh). As far as I recall, Panda was mostly on Cat as well.
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---
The Ring Bearer will decide to either pass or use the ring through the course of the Day Phase.
I thought it was pretty simple, but maybe I‘m misunderstanding?
He gives it away during the night, but it‘s only when the day starts that it‘s passed on. Meaning it basically has lowest 4th action priority, or is exempt from all priorities but just comes at the very end.
What I got from Lambu's sentence is that the bearer decides to pass or use the ring on Day phases. Of course the immunity takes action at night, but Idk from those words if the ring is passed right away. Otherwise, those could all be picked during the Night phase and go to the action pile, no?
 

James Rye

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Oct 18, 2014
Messages
2,019
Reaction score
6,506
Age
37
Gender
Male
Country
Germany
People could have wanted him dead 'cause he's a strong player as well, which could point towards some people in here. More likely than a troll kill from Misho.

In any case, shame Cat was a det. I'll never understand why she couldn't explain her change... instead of answering she came back to say she didn't answer cause she was out and list what she was doing...and still didn't answer.
Once Orgz mentioned she wrote "investigative" at first, she was a dead man walking anyway, as I said before. Mafia would end up taking care of her and I doubt docs would protect her being in that position.
No, she wasn't. If she had claimed Det on Day1 to prevent her lynch, there was a chance of a doc or bodyguard protecting her. She made a mistake, tried to redo said mistake which was another mistake and then made the final mistake not to fight for her life which seemed like a confession that she is Mafia and had given up to give proof that she wasn't which a Det claim would have been as most Mafias would be hardly that bold to claim such a role on day 1 as every det and other investigative townies would have their eyes on them. Sure Cat would have probably died the next day since Mafia would most likely had her blocked but still, claiming det which she was would have given her a chance to live longer. Then again now at least we know that we are a det shorter whereas with Gimli we know nothing.
 

Crescent Jinx

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Nov 11, 2016
Messages
2,289
Reaction score
15,384
Gender
Female
Country
Kingdom of Fiore
Is it sad that I don’t even remember TS Panda? I guess I remember him saying something, but it just flew under my radar. Maybe because I haven’t played that many games and he wasn’t someone reoccurring from last game. And his claims weren’t overly interesting. As for Cat, I hate the bandwagoning on the first day but it happens. Reminded me more of Reebi two games ago. Just an honest mistake which she tried to change, which is very Cat like. Also Cat hinting investigator would make her a target but I don’t feel like the mafia lead that bandwagoning as the goofup is pretty big; however, it’s obvious that there are mafia in the group of people who lynched her.
 

GrySun

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Dec 22, 2014
Messages
3,360
Reaction score
33,636
Gender
Male
Country
Earth Kindom
Well of course at first I thought of you, but considering how he was raising questions about the ring more often than the rest, now I'm thinking they killed him believing he had the one ring. I mean, in this game, it should be the priority for the mafia to try to get the ring, and not to eliminate strong players (at least not now, specially after we just bandwagoned a detective, sigh). As far as I recall, Panda was mostly on Cat as well.
Come on. Anyone who knows me even a little in these games know I would never ever kill Panda if I was mafia. Hell if I was mason recruiter/mentor I’d recruit him right away or die trying.
If anything this should confirm to you that I‘m not mafia, or at the very least not in the janitor mafia that killed him if you believe in 2 mafia parties.
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---
Hopefully Panda didn‘t have the ring or we‘re screwed.
 

Holt

#1 Ranker
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Global Moderator
Joined
Aug 6, 2014
Messages
8,036
Reaction score
8,328
Gender
Male
Country
Nigeria
Well going after the town that has the one ring shouldn't be beneficial to mafia no? Wouldn't the ring just randomly respawn with another townie? if anything, leaving the ring to go around on its own is probably more advantageous to mafia and more disastrous for townie...so I don't really think Mafia would go after him for having the one ring...or at least I wouldn't do that as a mafia
 

Farfalla

The Witch of Drama
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Feb 4, 2008
Messages
15,210
Reaction score
47,678
Gender
Female
Country
Tuvalu
No, she wasn't. If she had claimed Det on Day1 to prevent her lynch, there was a chance of a doc or bodyguard protecting her. She made a mistake, tried to redo said mistake which was another mistake and then made the final mistake not to fight for her life which seemed like a confession that she is Mafia and had given up to give proof that she wasn't which a Det claim would have been as most Mafias would be hardly that bold to claim such a role on day 1 as every det and other investigative townies would have their eyes on them. Sure Cat would have probably died the next day since Mafia would most likely had her blocked but still, claiming det which she was would have given her a chance to live longer. Then again now at least we know that we are a det shorter whereas with Gimli we know nothing.
I beg to disagree. I said from moment 0 that I'm never comfortable about killing a possible Det. We knew alrdy she was investigative and that didn't stop us. Tbh, only a few seemed to agree that it could be a bad idea and it wasn't based on her role, it was based on her being a starter. When I suggested we could try to let mafia deal with her, no one replied. So no, I don't think that coming in here and simply spilling out the word "Detective" would suffice. There's no "a mafia has to be too bold" if the player doesn't have any experience here. The fact we didn't know specifically what was her role wasn't what was bugging people, so it wasn't even about revealing it. She just needed to explain why she lied - cause she did when she said she was inactive - instead of providing less, or why she decided not to engage with us to answer questions. Gryff was the only one that tried to apply logic to what could have happened to her, maybe 'cause he had he's own experiences, maybe 'cause he's mafia and alrdy knew, who knows.
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---
Well going after the town that has the one ring shouldn't be beneficial to mafia no? Wouldn't the ring just randomly respawn with another townie?
No, Holtie v

If the Ring Bearer is somehow killed, the One Ring will go to a random member from the killing party.
 

Brandish μ

Taking notes
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Global Moderator
Joined
Oct 24, 2015
Messages
10,244
Reaction score
33,630
Gender
Male
Country
Kingdom of Fiore
If Panda had the ring, then it goes to a random person from the killing party. Odds about 1 in 15 that's the case.
 

Asako

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jan 24, 2018
Messages
2,062
Reaction score
15,308
Gender
Female
Country
Tunisia
Damn so first cat died and she was a det ( she didn't even try to defend herself )and now panda died without us knowing what his role and if he had the ring or not.
This is really bad ....
 

James Rye

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Oct 18, 2014
Messages
2,019
Reaction score
6,506
Age
37
Gender
Male
Country
Germany
Damn so first cat died and she was a det ( she didn't even try to defend herself )and now panda died without us knowing what his role and if he had the ring or not.
This is really bad ....
Not really, usually this is normal for Mafia, losing two-three townies in the first two phases. Getting a Mafia right away is a rare and very luck case. Also we got 11 people now where one or two mafias might hide among them. We can check who tried to push the hardest for Cat's death and see if the remaining investigative roles find anything.
 

GrySun

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Dec 22, 2014
Messages
3,360
Reaction score
33,636
Gender
Male
Country
Earth Kindom
What I got from Lambu's sentence is that the bearer decides to pass or use the ring on Day phases. Of course the immunity takes action at night, but Idk from those words if the ring is passed right away. Otherwise, those could all be picked during the Night phase and go to the action pile, no?
Ah, that makes sense too yes. Now it just depends on whether it does the death penalty the night after doing the "give away" action, or after the ring was given away, which would be when the target receives it. English allows for these fun interpretations.

People mentioned the possibility of chain-confirming several people while tanking the vote penalties. I wnder if/when doing something like that would be worth it. Though maybe the ring was used instead, or died with panda..
 

Zasz

Bishoujo Collector
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Sep 17, 2012
Messages
7,072
Reaction score
5,797
Country
Marine Headquarters
If Panda had the ring, then it goes to a random person from the killing party. Odds about 1 in 15 that's the case.
Wait, if Panda had the One Ring, does it mean that ny the law of the odds, a Mafia could have the ring now? O_O
Anyway, I believe it's time for some hints on my part.
It's a peculiar active role, which I never had before.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top