Games Mafia Game 61 - The Lord of the Rings Edition - END GAME

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lambu

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jul 12, 2016
Messages
1,618
Reaction score
14,395
Age
29
Country
Spain

The Fellowship enjoyed the sunlight after a good day. They got back the One Ring, and then focused in their second higher suspect: Galadriel
They had enough clues so they proceeded with the lynch fast.


Mafia Strongwoman

Afterwards, Haldir decided to confess his true allegiance, since he could not actually kill anyone anymore (and everyone was already losing their minds with this crazy journey)


Mafia Pirate
(Mafia Jesus)

:fan

So with this, all the Nazgul were defeated and the One Ring finally could be destroyed!


-------------------------o-------------------------

And so:

Finally, The Fellowship of the Townies win the Game!
:confetti




Bomb


Hoe


Barkeeper


Spy


Detective


Doctor

Congratulations!!!




Thank you to all the players for participating, from Empi and I :vbunny


Player List
​

  • @Farfalla - Faramir >>>> Recruiting Mason (Killed Night 2)
  • @GrySun - Boromir >>>> Mentor (Daykilled Day 2)
  • @Lady pompom - Pippin >>>> Investigator (Killed Night 2)
  • @gnut - Witchking of Angmar >>>> Mafia Boss (Lynched Day 3)
  • @Crescent_jinxgrace - Eowyn >>>> Mafia Janitor (Lynched Day 6)
  • @BluePegasus - Elrond >>>> Time Bomb (Hostkilled Day 2)
  • @Zasz - Grima >>>> Mafia Strongman (Lynched Day 2)
  • @MarmaladeSky - Theoden >>>> Spy
  • @Vandred - Gollum >>>> Sane Detective >>>> Mentee recruited on Night 1 (Daykilled Day 2)
  • @Cat Sidhe26 - Isildur >>>> Insane Detective (Lynched Day 1)
  • @Asako - Merry >>>> Barkeeper
  • @Gryffindor - Aragorn >>>> Mafia Boss (killed Night 2)
  • @Brandish - Legolas >>>> Bulletproof Townie (killed Night 4)
  • @Xadyu - Denethor >>>> Prostitute
  • @kira - Sauron >>>> DayTime Vigilante (Hostkilled Day 4)
  • @Belserion - Galadriel >>>> Mafia Strongman (Lynched Day 7)
  • @Juviii - Saruman >>>> Insane Doctor
  • @Organizized - Eomer >>>> Mafia Gambler (killed Night 2)
  • @shinobi - Sam >>>> Insane Detective
  • @Shobu_Yoruichi - Frodo >>>> Sane Doctor (Lynched Day 5)
  • @Holt - Bilbo >>>> Jesus >>>> becomes Townie due to role steal (Killed Night 3)
  • @Mononoke - Celeborn >>>> Mafia Poisoner (Hostkilled Day 3)
  • @goodboy_lawlett - Deagol >>>> Bomb
  • @EmptySoul - Arwen >>>> Mafia Escort (Daykilled Day 4)
  • @TSPanda - Gimli >>>> Mafia Bomb Defuser (Killed Night 1)
  • @Shinyarcanine45 - Haldir >>>> Mafia Jesus (Lynched Day 4) >>>> Mafia Pirate (Lynched Day 7)
  • @James Rye - Treebeard >>>> Martyr (Killed Night 5)
 
Last edited:

BluePegasus

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Dec 30, 2015
Messages
1,818
Reaction score
5,128
Gender
Male
Country
Netherlands
Why do we have to give hints? Is that a rule?
 

GrySun

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Dec 22, 2014
Messages
3,360
Reaction score
33,637
Gender
Male
Country
Earth Kindom
Giving hints about yourself is the fucking stupidest thing this came brought forth in people. I fucking despise that. How is that any fun.

But, I've basically been afk till now, so I'll just go with the vague hint that I've had this role before (iirc) and it didn't do shit for me so far in this game.
It fills the void til people eventually reveal/claim their roles and helps find any contradictions that yes, sometimes do happen with carelessly giving hints. Or would you also say claiming a role is also stupid? <_>
Are you even a townie Xad?
 

Juviii

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jul 15, 2016
Messages
1,034
Reaction score
14,777
Gender
Female
Country
Portugal
After re-reading some posts. Here are my main suspects for now (they might change the next 5 minutes since I'm confused as hell):

Goodboy_lawlett
GrySun
EmptySoul
Asako (I have a weird feeling about her but I don't want this to be a Cat 2.0 case.)
 

Crescent Jinx

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Nov 11, 2016
Messages
2,289
Reaction score
15,384
Gender
Female
Country
Kingdom of Fiore
After re-reading some posts. Here are my main suspects for now (they might change the next 5 minutes since I'm confused as hell):

Goodboy_lawlett
GrySun
EmptySoul
Asako (I have a weird feeling about her but I don't want this to be a Cat 2.0 case.)
This is similar to my list but why Empty?
 

Asako

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jan 24, 2018
Messages
2,062
Reaction score
15,308
Gender
Female
Country
Tunisia
First of all, Votekill kira
I'm sry, 3 trolls in the game is just too much... baring with Misho, Zasz and kira is freaking hard. Hopefully, may kira be mafia and have his fun in the deadpad.

Regarding Asako, I don't think she's mafia after those interactions today. Trying to see it from her perspective, if she's the Barkeeper, it's understandable why a starter would get confused with the role. I don't think she's being inconsistent, at least. Part of what Gry had on her was believing Panda could be the BK (and the mafia would know his role), now he's not that confident about it and sees other options. Vand talked about some bias. And the huge majority just tags along, like in D1, barely providing reasons, just agreeing, that also happened in the Umineko game and irc'd the hell out of me... No wonder mafia dominated that game (even tho townies won if I'm not mistaken, if the 3 mafias didn't gun themselves down, things would be different).
Now we seem to have the same pattern forming... I'm not pointing a finger to the ones I mentioned (Gry and Vand) for that (altho I'm still not comfortable with Vand) but having "big cases" being led by 2 or 3 people and the rest simply following without even elaborating much is a great thing for the mafia: they just go with the flow and go oopsie after. I'd rather not risk a second Cat.

That being sad, if Asako isn't mafia, she's alrdy connected to the Barkeeper role, and if the mafia can't get better guesses on more important roles or the One Ring, it's likely she's dead. If I was mafia and lacking options/afraid of risks I'd take this smaller gamble.
So @Asako are you a Barkeeper, yes or no. If you are, what did you do at night.
That why I said for now as I was planning to confirm that Im the barkeeper just because I knew that they is a good chance they will go after me.
So I guess it's time for my plan to rock as I just revealed my role.
First of all, I already got a mafia gambler so that is a really good thing ( still was hoping to get a better mafia especially the boss )
The bad thing for you is that you were one of those I mentioned in my list of suspects.
So here there are.

GrySun
Organizized
Kira
Farfalla

Vandred


One of these is a mafia.
So right now if you guys still distrust me you can just votekill me and that basically confirm what I just said.
Second, if by any chance the mafia come after me then that means that they also basically confirmed what I said right now.
And finally they can make me out as a lier by not going after me tomorrow but if that happen that mean I could find more mafias if my luck calls to me like yesterday.
If my luck does call they is a chance I could find the LotR and end him, by that the one that have the ring can do whatever they want with it as the mafia can't no longer get it.

And there also the possible that if the mafia does come after me a bodyguard or a doc could save me but that all depend on those guys.





Things now will become interesting as now my fate is in your hands guys, what will you do guys ? but one thing if I do die....
Don't forget me....
 

Xadyu

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Dec 8, 2008
Messages
5,316
Reaction score
13,239
Gender
Hidden
Country
Cocos Islands
It fills the void til people eventually reveal/claim their roles and helps find any contradictions that yes, sometimes do happen with carelessly giving hints. Or would you also say claiming a role is also stupid? <_>
Are you even a townie Xad?
This isn't my first time playing nor my first time expressing how stupid of a thing I find that.

Both are good things, because people can already use that to play the game. So hinting or claiming are good thing in the end.
But I remember some good ol' Mafia Games where we didn't do this immediately. It's just my frustrating because of the good ol' days.

Back when a cup o' joe was 20 cents and I could go to the movie theater for 50.

Is this asking for another hint? I just gave you one.. So greedy :nah
 

GrySun

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Dec 22, 2014
Messages
3,360
Reaction score
33,637
Gender
Male
Country
Earth Kindom
Wow you had such a useful RNG result from inviting 5 people? That's extremely lucky, to both random the reveal and to random the mafia person. And it's too weird to be a mafia play, so I consider you legit now. This changes everything.

I already told you all that I'm the PGO yesterday(you actually had a 20% chance to die I think if it randomed onto me :XD). So Farf, Vandred, Orgz and kira. Out of those I'd go kira because he's annoying, but that could be a mistake as well. The gambler could easily also be among Farf, Vand and Orgz. There's also the chance that there's more than just a mafia gambler among those 4.

While we wait for other people to react, do you want to share the reason for picking us 5?
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---
This isn't my first time playing nor my first time expressing how stupid of a thing I find that.

Both are good things, because people can already use that to play the game. So hinting or claiming are good thing in the end.
But I remember some good ol' Mafia Games where we didn't do this immediately. It's just my frustrating because of the good ol' days.

Back when a cup o' joe was 20 cents and I could go to the movie theater for 50.

Is this asking for another hint? I just gave you one.. So greedy :nah
This may be the first game I play with you, apart from the one game you...didn't play, so I see it the first time. Still, I can kinda get where you're coming from. I had a look through some of the older game threads, the "good ol days" were so much different than what we have today :lmao

The hint is honestly not that good. Good hints are those that already exclude a few role possibilities you can't claim to be later. If only you could say without the "iirc" that you had it before then it'd be pretty good. But it's still more than some others said so I'll be satisfied for now.
--- Double Post Merged, ---
Kinda do hope it's kira, because Farf, Vand and Orgz are all 3 good players if they were town.
 

Lady pompom

EVA pilot
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Mangahelper
Joined
Jul 10, 2013
Messages
1,926
Reaction score
11,196
Gender
Female
Country
Brazil
Well of course at first I thought of you, but considering how he was raising questions about the ring more often than the rest, now I'm thinking they killed him believing he had the one ring. I mean, in this game, it should be the priority for the mafia to try to get the ring, and not to eliminate strong players (at least not now, specially after we just bandwagoned a detective, sigh). As far as I recall, Panda was mostly on Cat as well.
I think it's more related to his role, not to the one ring, dunno why people though he had that. I thought panda was hinting spy, but then, it was more likely mortician/investigator, from the hints i'd go for investigator an thus, why mafia wanted him dead since they have a jani.

"While we wait for the RB"..... I am glad this was mentioned because right now there is too much focus on who has the one ring. Yea we could get a confirmed townie. And that's one strategy... But in the meantime... we have to votekill people and sleuth around and get picked off the mafia at nights. According to the rules, the only people the one ring really helps is mafia, so I keep thinking... "Is this some elaborate plan among the mafia to snoop out the one ring? Get the townies to stop trying to hunt them and start hunting the ring bearer for them?"
I'm also worried about the plan, cause it looks like mafia pulling the strings again, it happens a lot, townies trust people and among them, mafia "pull strings" to make us their marionettes.I mean, mafia could as well come and say they have the ring, and even if someone said it was not true, a situation like the DN case could happen, in which people believe the wrong party. I don't really see how townies getting penalties and the risk of being killed will help us at the end, I think there is a mafia and they're big mafia which means with the penalties, situation could turn bad for us townies in a really awful way with us losing another townie and losing power to counter mafia.

Why do we have to give hints? Is that a rule?
No, but sometimes it helps hunting down mafia. And sometimes it's the downfall of town.

Asako's reveal seems legit by now, she was hinting it since D1 (and I really believe she was confused with the role like Cat, because it can both block/redirection or extract information from players). About the list of suspects, I was suspecting Kira, GrySun and Farfalla. Kira was apprentice on Overwatch game, he says his role is better, but he still doesn't like it, he sounds iffy, but I'd rather check the others before voting for him.
 

Farfalla

The Witch of Drama
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Feb 4, 2008
Messages
15,210
Reaction score
47,680
Gender
Female
Country
Tuvalu
Why do we have to give hints? Is that a rule?
It's not a rule, but you're the only one that still needs to provide a hint. So please do so. If you're townie, that helps us collect information that can be crossed to solve situations in the future. It's very relevant.

That why I said for now as I was planning to confirm that Im the barkeeper just because I knew that they is a good chance they will go after me.
So I guess it's time for my plan to rock as I just revealed my role.
First of all, I already got a mafia gambler so that is a really good thing ( still was hoping to get a better mafia especially the boss )
The bad thing for you is that you were one of those I mentioned in my list of suspects.
So here there are.

GrySun
Organizized
Kira
Farfalla

Vandred


One of these is a mafia.
So right now if you guys still distrust me you can just votekill me and that basically confirm what I just said.
Second, if by any chance the mafia come after me then that means that they also basically confirmed what I said right now.
And finally they can make me out as a lier by not going after me tomorrow but if that happen that mean I could find more mafias if my luck calls to me like yesterday.
If my luck does call they is a chance I could find the LotR and end him, by that the one that have the ring can do whatever they want with it as the mafia can't no longer get it.

And there also the possible that if the mafia does come after me a bodyguard or a doc could save me but that all depend on those guys.





Things now will become interesting as now my fate is in your hands guys, what will you do guys ? but one thing if I do die....
Don't forget me....
Shokran.

It's not a problem if I'm in the bunch LOL. That info is too relevant.

And for now I have one more reason to keep my vote in kira. And I'll freaking insist Vand is acting differently. Anyone can help me remember if he was also more active during the games he was mafia. He defo wasn't in the past two. I'm not sure I believe in the passive argument.

Tbh I don't have much on Orgz... Kinda dislike to rely on fake odds.
 

Xadyu

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Dec 8, 2008
Messages
5,316
Reaction score
13,239
Gender
Hidden
Country
Cocos Islands
This may be the first game I play with you, apart from the one game you...didn't play, so I see it the first time. Still, I can kinda get where you're coming from. I had a look through some of the older game threads, the "good ol days" were so much different than what we have today :lmao

The hint is honestly not that good. Good hints are those that already exclude a few role possibilities you can't claim to be later. If only you could say without the "iirc" that you had it before then it'd be pretty good. But it's still more than some others said so I'll be satisfied for now.
--- Double Post Merged, ---
Kinda do hope it's kira, because Farf, Vand and Orgz are all 3 good players if they were town.
Yeah, but you know. I'm not in the right mind-set right now to play this game. That'll change tomorrow (if I come that farf). So that's all you're going to get from me.

As the "iirc", take it for what it is, because I seriously can't remember all the roles I've had in the previous games, which are a long, long time ago for me.
 

Asako

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jan 24, 2018
Messages
2,062
Reaction score
15,308
Gender
Female
Country
Tunisia
Wow you had such a useful RNG result from inviting 5 people? That's extremely lucky, to both random the reveal and to random the mafia person. And it's too weird to be a mafia play, so I consider you legit now. This changes everything.

I already told you all that I'm the PGO yesterday(you actually had a 20% chance to die I think if it randomed onto me :XD). So Farf, Vandred, Orgz and kira. Out of those I'd go kira because he's annoying, but that could be a mistake as well. The gambler could easily also be among Farf, Vand and Orgz. There's also the chance that there's more than just a mafia gambler among those 4.

While we wait for other people to react, do you want to share the reason for picking us 5?
My luck has come to be form the gacha games so I confident in it.
First of all let's start with you, it was my insisting that told me you were dangers and it appear you are but not in the way I though it was ( and I think I passed you saying that you were PGO )
For farfalla it's because they are an experienced player so they know more than anyone how to play and also I felt they protect cat way to much even after she didn't certificate that she was a det ( that she was ) If it was anyone else I could have passed it but farfalla is an experienced player so she could have been protect her so the suspicious doesn't really get directed at her.
For orgz I kinda forgot lol but it was maybe because of what someone of you said that made me chose him and also the hits that were..... you know. ( I don't really remember his hit but I think it was suspicious yesterday for me at the very least, I will go recheck after this comment )
For kira, it because of his hits weren't that good and because he wasn't that active or at least trolling yesterday that is. ( not today )
And for vand it's was because I had a feeling that he knew what my role really was ( and he actually did so congratulation ) I was kinda scrared of what he will do with it as if he was part of the mafia he could easily kill me but I knew it wouldn't be yesterday as it could be a waste to use it an someone that the others suspect, so I knew I was safe yesterday.
 

GrySun

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Dec 22, 2014
Messages
3,360
Reaction score
33,637
Gender
Male
Country
Earth Kindom
I'm also worried about the plan, cause it looks like mafia pulling the strings again, it happens a lot, townies trust people and among them, mafia "pull strings" to make us their marionettes.I mean, mafia could as well come and say they have the ring, and even if someone said it was not true, a situation like the DN case could happen, in which people believe the wrong party. I don't really see how townies getting penalties and the risk of being killed will help us at the end, I think there is a mafia and they're big mafia which means with the penalties, situation could turn bad for us townies in a really awful way with us losing another townie and losing power to counter mafia.
But this makes no sense at all Bia. The plan is largely safe, without any possibility for the mafia to intervene. It was just a good plan to give us 1-2 confirmed townies by abusing the mechanic in our favor a little. It's completely different from the DN system. Maybe you misunderstood the plan if you think that? :oh

Not that it matters since the previous ring holder won't come out it seems, but saying what you said just confuses me because it's just not true.
 

Organizized

Pirate King in the North
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Scavenger Hunter Supreme
Joined
Nov 5, 2007
Messages
4,334
Reaction score
22,337
Gender
Male
Country
Sweden
I was just about to ask how Asako is still alive if she invited Gry. But from what Gry says only the one who actually confesses to the BK is seen as having had an action performed on them?

It says nothing about it in the rules so can anyone else confirm this?
 

Asako

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jan 24, 2018
Messages
2,062
Reaction score
15,308
Gender
Female
Country
Tunisia
Grysun can you plz send me when you said you were a PGO as I don't remember that.
 

GrySun

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Dec 22, 2014
Messages
3,360
Reaction score
33,637
Gender
Male
Country
Earth Kindom
I swear on my 3 cats I'm townie.
Good enough for me. So kira, Vand and Orgz.

Some of my thoughts:
-About Vand, as I said yesterday this is the first time I saw him claim a passive role, as mafia he always went for active roles. I think he once told me in the dead pad that he finds it easier to get credibility by faking a good result set which isn't too hard. So him claiming a passive role is either him trying something new entirely or he's really just a townie with a passive role. So I'm not exactly sure with him.

-kira I really doubt he will be of much use to us this game, but if he's a townie that's still +1 number of townies to keep us in the game longer. Easiest pick for me out of those 3 to vote for, but then there's also orgz

-Orgz feels a bit different than the last game I hosted where he was town. Not sure how reliable my gut feeling is, since I was a host with a different viewpoint that game, but still. He claims a role with sanities from what I understood, so either something good or he'll go for the good old useless doc/det claim. I don't like it very much.
 

Farfalla

The Witch of Drama
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Feb 4, 2008
Messages
15,210
Reaction score
47,680
Gender
Female
Country
Tuvalu
Paranoid Gun Owner (Townie): The Paranoid Gun Owner does not choose when to use his ability, but if he is targetted during the night then he kills whomever targetted him, regardless of aliance. (GAME 10) But he has only one bullet in his gun. (GAME 37)
Cmon, the Barkeeper invitation is clearly a targetting action, there's no way around it. So either the hosts derped or someone among Gry and Asako lied.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top