Mag Talk Weekly Shonen Jump [2018] - Discussion and TOC Talk

Status
Not open for further replies.

shoyoboyo

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Oct 30, 2016
Messages
1,463
Reaction score
1,527
Country
United States
S3 is hyped more than anything else and coming from S2's huge success, why would they end if after S3? It doesn't make sense.

Toho producer already said she wanted to work on MHA for 10 years too.
Gintama/Osomatsu director said he wanted to work on a Samon-kun anime and look how that ended up. My point is they can say they're interested in working on it until completion all they want, but it all depends on the production committee.
 

nonowa

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Dec 3, 2017
Messages
222
Reaction score
141
Age
36
Country
Mexico
I'm fairly certain that I understand how anime production works, and Bones can reject an offer whenever they want. Just like every other studio in the industry, really. And Yutaka Nakamura works on whatever project he feels like working on. If a mecha original by Bones has production that overlaps with MHA and he finds if more interesting, he will work in that.
 

MangAniMY

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Feb 10, 2018
Messages
1,955
Reaction score
4,863
Country
Malaysia
This is a weird week for SnS to be the first to have chapter spoilers

and now bokuben is out
 
Last edited:

ShenGao

MH Senpai
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Feb 13, 2015
Messages
4,503
Reaction score
6,604
Country
Germany
Are you done moving the goalpost? First it was about if Bones will animate the whole manga, then it was about how more popular/successful manga didn't get many episodes, then it was about how Bones has better quality than other studios and if they will keep that quality up for MHA, and now it's about if the director wants to continue the anime. And all of this is based on your baseless speculation of "what you think or feel".
 

TheEnhancedExe

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Jun 28, 2017
Messages
281
Reaction score
344
Age
29
Country
Germany
I'm fairly certain that I understand how anime production works, and Bones can reject an offer whenever they want. Just like every other studio in the industry, really. And Yutaka Nakamura works on whatever project he feels like working on. If a mecha original by Bones has production that overlaps with MHA and he finds if more interesting, he will work in that.
Of course they can reject it, but why would they. They knew it would become a long running anime from the point they accepted the offer for the first season. Plus I wouldn't be surprised if they themselves are enjoying producing the anime, otherwise they wouldn't dedicate sub studio C only to MHA. You're right that Yutaka Nakamura can just help on other anime whenever he feels like it. But as far as I'm aware sub studio C is his workplace in Bones and that sub studio is currently dedicated only to MHA since they moved it from sub studio A to sub studio C between season 1 and 2. As far as I'm aware, sub studio C was working only on anime original stuff the last few years prior and was working on Concrete Revolutio during season 1. All other sub studios already had a huge workload with ongoing anime, sub studio D is I think dedicated to anime movies, although I might be wrong with that. They even created sub studio E for the Eureka Seven Movie. So MHA seems really important to them if they dedicate it an own sub studio that only works on MHA.
 

nonowa

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Dec 3, 2017
Messages
222
Reaction score
141
Age
36
Country
Mexico
My point is still the same, though. If Bones will or will not animate the whole manga. As someone that has followed them since Rahxephon, that has followed Umakoshi since Doremi and that has talked about the issue with Liborek from the Sakugablog, who knows industry insiders, I have to say that Bones adapting all of MHA is unlikely.
 
Last edited:

savethecat

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Aug 5, 2016
Messages
3,330
Reaction score
5,440
Age
33
Country
United States
Because even Brotherhood, which was considerably more successful and popular than MHA will ever be, only got 64 episodes? Bones isn't Toei or Pierrot.
But didn’t FMA adapt about the entire manga. They adapted the FMA franchise to completion. Like some of the others said, as long as it continues to be a success I don’t see why they would stop. If there’s suddenly a decline before the series reaches its end then I can see them not adapting it. But I believe the president himself said he hopes they adapt the entire series
 

nonowa

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Dec 3, 2017
Messages
222
Reaction score
141
Age
36
Country
Mexico
Of course they can reject it, but why would they. They knew it would become a long running anime from the point they accepted the offer for the first season. Plus I wouldn't be surprised if they themselves are enjoying producing the anime, otherwise they wouldn't dedicate sub studio C only to MHA. You're right that Yutaka Nakamura can just help on other anime whenever he feels like it. But as far as I'm aware sub studio C is his workplace in Bones and that sub studio is currently dedicated only to MHA since they moved it from sub studio A to sub studio C between season 1 and 2. As far as I'm aware, sub studio C was working only on anime original stuff the last few years prior and was working on Concrete Revolutio during season 1. All other sub studios already had a huge workload with ongoing anime, sub studio D is I think dedicated to anime movies, although I might be wrong with that. They even created sub studio E for the Eureka Seven Movie. So MHA seems really important to them if they dedicate it an own sub studio that only works on MHA.
Studio C did FMA (OG) and Soul Eater so I don't know where you got the idea that they were supposed to do original anime. MHA is just their current project, it doesn't mean it is the show they're dedicated to. And Nakamura was in Kekkai Sensen's both seasons and they were Studio A.
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---
I just researched properly and MHA wasn't even Studio C, it was mainly Studio A, the same one as Kekkai Sensen: https://blog.sakugabooru.com/2016/1...imation-veteran-animators-feat-young-talents/

Final edit: I guess continuing this discussion is pointless. At least until after MHA S3 is over. For now there is no way for anyone to be proven right.
 
Last edited:

101nemesis

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Aug 16, 2012
Messages
3,086
Reaction score
7,183
Age
35
Gender
Male
Country
India
So guys, its not rocket science.
If the manga continues to grow in sales and popularity or atleast remains stable without a decline, the anime would also continue. If the series hits its peak and starts declining, they will stop the anime. As long as there is stability or growth, the anime will continue. Simple as it comes.
 

nonowa

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Dec 3, 2017
Messages
222
Reaction score
141
Age
36
Country
Mexico
OPM's popularity didn't peak or slowdown and it still switched studio and staff, considered a downgrade by most, for its second season.
 

TheEnhancedExe

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Jun 28, 2017
Messages
281
Reaction score
344
Age
29
Country
Germany
Studio C did FMA (OG) and Soul Eater so I don't know where you got the idea that they were supposed to do original anime. MHA is just their current project, it doesn't mean it is the show they're dedicated to. And Nakamura was in Kekkai Sensen's both seasons and they were Studio A.
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---
I just researched properly and MHA wasn't even Studio C, it was mainly Studio A, the same one as Kekkai Sensen: https://blog.sakugabooru.com/2016/1...imation-veteran-animators-feat-young-talents/

Final edit: I guess continuing this discussion is pointless. At least until after MHA S3 is over. For now there is no way for anyone to be proven right.
I was talking about the last few years prior to MHA. Soul Eater was 2008 and FMA was 2003. I was talking about the last few years before 2017. Idk for how long they did anime original stuff in between, but they did only anime original stuff for a few years.

And I never said it is the only show they're dedicated to. I said they dedicated a whole sub studio only to MHA. Now, they're also working on a movie, I honestly can't see them stop working on it any time soon.

And as I said studio A did Season 1 of MHA, however it moved over to studio C from Season 2 onward.
Edit: If you don't believe me, look here under production:
http://bokunoheroacademia.wikia.com/wiki/My_Hero_Academia_Season_3
It says "At a panel for an event held in October of 2017, the staff revealed that the season was being handled by Bones’ sub-studio C, which had previously worked on the anime’s second season."
 

shoyoboyo

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Oct 30, 2016
Messages
1,463
Reaction score
1,527
Country
United States
OPM's popularity didn't peak or slowdown and it still switched studio and staff, considered a downgrade by most, for its second season.
OPM is a special case. It was pretty much a Madhouse anime in name only.
 

Tamil

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Apr 12, 2016
Messages
4,125
Reaction score
5,841
Country
Winterfell
OPM's popularity didn't peak or slowdown and it still switched studio and staff, considered a downgrade by most, for its second season.
You can't use OPM studio switch to justify MHA having a studio switch/ending with S3. Different studio/circumstance.

Maybe Madhouse wanted to focus on CS/Overlord S2 and they have other shows or more likely they couldnt get Natsume to work on OPM which is the person who brought in all his connections to make OPM so amazing.

S2 may or may not be a downgrade. It's going to be tough but who knows anything can happen.
 

ShenGao

MH Senpai
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Feb 13, 2015
Messages
4,503
Reaction score
6,604
Country
Germany
OPM's popularity didn't peak or slowdown and it still switched studio and staff, considered a downgrade by most, for its second season.
Shokugeki no Soma's popularity did peak and slowed down, and it still didn't switch studio or staff.
 

nonowa

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Dec 3, 2017
Messages
222
Reaction score
141
Age
36
Country
Mexico
What will Bones do once Nagasaki and Umakoshi inevitably want out?

I was talking about the last few years prior to MHA. Soul Eater was 2008 and FMA was 2003. I was talking about the last few years before 2017. Idk for how long they did anime original stuff in between, but they did only anime original stuff for a few years.

And I never said it is the only show they're dedicated to. I said they dedicated a whole sub studio only to MHA. Now, they're also working on a movie, I honestly can't see them stop working on it any time soon.

And as I said studio A did Season 1 of MHA, however it moved over to studio C from Season 2 onward.
Edit: If you don't believe me, look here under production:
http://bokunoheroacademia.wikia.com/wiki/My_Hero_Academia_Season_3
It says "At a panel for an event held in October of 2017, the staff revealed that the season was being handled by Bones’ sub-studio C, which had previously worked on the anime’s second season."
I see. However, Nakamura isn't exclusive to C (Space Dandy was A and B) and C isn't an studio exclusive to Kekkai more than Studio D is exclusive to Bungou Stray Dogs.

Shokugeki no Soma's popularity did peak and slowed down, and it still didn't switch studio or staff.
Nobody working on Soma has Umakoshi's notoriety or pedigree.
 

ShenGao

MH Senpai
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Feb 13, 2015
Messages
4,503
Reaction score
6,604
Country
Germany
What will Bones do once Nagasaki and Umakoshi inevitably want out?
Nobody working on Soma has Umakoshi's notoriety or pedigree.
Hire new people? Sooner or later they will retire or die anyway, but you make it sound like MHA's anime will die with them at that moment. Quality anime existed before them, it will exist after them.
 

savethecat

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Aug 5, 2016
Messages
3,330
Reaction score
5,440
Age
33
Country
United States
You're entire argument seems to be "they may want to stop working on it one day", as if you personally know Nakumura, understand the staff's work ethic and interests, and the president of Bone's personally gave you a phone call regarding this
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top