Mag Talk Weekly Shonen Jump [2018] - Discussion and TOC Talk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mawara

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Feb 22, 2015
Messages
210
Reaction score
234
Gender
Female
Country
Germany
Well, it was time that people recognized my brilliance and gave me the powers of an administrator-
Now time to recreate this forum by closing every thread which isnt related to yuri.
The new age of cute gay gals has begun~:3c
 

Drmke

MH Senpai
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Jun 22, 2009
Messages
4,224
Reaction score
1,235
Age
34
Gender
Male
Country
Palestine
*looks at Drmke's signature*

Uh, I suggest a democratic vote.
*looks at EmDee's comment*

Nah, this ain't the place for political fights. ;)
 

Doughboy

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Apr 1, 2016
Messages
4,482
Reaction score
8,341
Country
United States
Random, but I'm #TeamZiga over Noah Notes after rereading the available chapters of both. Art is easily better, I understand the pacing issues but I'm quite high on it and like it as much as Golem Hearts. Amagi's charisma and friendship with Ko was so soft, so well done. First chapter was so emotional, but you felt the hope. 100% getting canceled but gonna read it the whole way regardless.
 

4Eyes

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Mar 26, 2015
Messages
403
Reaction score
649
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil
Hi, I'm new here

Any new about Monri Kei ? I love his art, I wish he could get a serie

I'm not answering your question, but rather using this opportunity to add another question. Anyone has any info about Soul Catcher(s)' Shinkai Hideo? His art and color work are great and the guy is creative.
(It's a pity that Soul Catcher still isn't fully available in English, but I'm very grateful to the Edited Manga group working on it)
 

SharkBait

MH Senpai
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Aug 23, 2013
Messages
14,079
Reaction score
6,938
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Hi, I'm new here
Hi newcomer!

Might I suggest you read BLack Clover and Bozebeats, theyre great...

Also, since I must know, what are youre top 3 jump manga since 2008.

Thanks for posting, I look forward to your timely response. ^_^.
 

Mammo

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Mar 20, 2015
Messages
4,755
Reaction score
8,897
Gender
Male
Country
Holy Britannian Empire

savethecat

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Aug 5, 2016
Messages
3,330
Reaction score
5,440
Age
33
Country
United States

Mammo

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Mar 20, 2015
Messages
4,755
Reaction score
8,897
Gender
Male
Country
Holy Britannian Empire
My problem with Monri is he always draws battle oneshots with beautiful action scenes but there's little to no story in it (style over substance aka Takamasa Moue 2.0)

he tried to develop some of his characters in his Giga mini series which made it his best work so far, but even then the story was fine at best

this time he's trying to do a gag manga for the first time, an RPG parody that relies on reaction faces to get the laughs

I know there are people that love this type of stuff so it's a personal preference thing, but I think he choose the laziest premise and teamed it up with the laziest type of comedy

in short, I didn't like it and he still haven't sold me on his capabilities as a mangaka
 

jagman1x3

MH Senpai
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Sep 19, 2012
Messages
2,616
Reaction score
2,843
Gender
Male
Country
United States
I see the iShojo author is a man of truly refined taste.
 

shoyoboyo

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Oct 30, 2016
Messages
1,463
Reaction score
1,527
Country
United States
Is... is that a reference to that subreddit?
 

TyVip

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Aug 30, 2015
Messages
2,721
Reaction score
2,814
Gender
Male
Country
Mariejoa
I ain't scared of Jagman today. :bash
 

iceemperor

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Aug 19, 2014
Messages
1,735
Reaction score
2,734
Gender
Male
Country
Casterly Rock
Slam Dunk is being reorganized into a 20 volumes with all 20 volume covers being done by Inoue himself. They're going to start being released from June.

From this : https://natalie.mu/comic/news/276021

Its seemingly going to be organized by milestones. The first 6 volumes are labeled as "Team Shohoku". Volumes 7-10 are the first half of the Prefectural tournament with 11-14 covering the other half. Volumes 15-20 will be "Inter-high". Inoue's comment is "I felt like looking at the guys again so I'm drawing them".
 
Last edited:

Avok

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Aug 6, 2015
Messages
477
Reaction score
363
Gender
Male
Country
Avatar
Slam Dunk is being reorganized into a 20 volumes with all 20 volume covers being done by Inoue himself. They're going to start being released from June.

From this : https://natalie.mu/comic/news/276021

Its seemingly going to be organized by milestones. The first 6 volumes are labeled as "Team Shohoku". Volumes 7-10 are the first half of the Prefectural tournament with 11-14 covering the other half. Volumes 15-20 will be "Inter-high". Inoue's comment is "I felt like looking at the guys again so I'm drawing them".
He should be drawing Vagabond.
 

Nemesis

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Mar 26, 2013
Messages
1,706
Reaction score
1,826
Age
32
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top