Mag Talk Weekly Shonen Jump [2018] - Discussion and TOC Talk

Status
Not open for further replies.

TyVip

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Aug 30, 2015
Messages
2,720
Reaction score
2,814
Gender
Male
Country
Mariejoa
I'm expecting Gon, Killua, and Hisoka for Jump Force. If they only go for two, then just exclude Killua I guess.
someone points out for big boy series that's what most likely happen happen. Main character, 2nd main character and an antagonist.
Ichigo, Rukia, Aizen. Goku, Vegeta, Frieza
They will most likely add Akainu for One Piece (just like J stars). Also I just realize Rukia is the only female confirmed in the roster right now<_>
 

tirakai

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Aug 7, 2016
Messages
5,297
Reaction score
7,333
Age
33
Country
Scotland
I imagine we'll get 5 for One Piece, since J-stars had 4. It'd make sense to get an extra character for most of the biggest series like how Bleach is adding Rukia, something like

One Piece adding Zoro
DB adding Beerus (or Cell if they stick to Z)
HxH adding Hyskoa
Jojo adding Jojo and Jojo (and maybe Jojo as well since part 5's coming soon)
Naruto adding anyone at all other than Bort please god

and so on.
 

tirakai

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Aug 7, 2016
Messages
5,297
Reaction score
7,333
Age
33
Country
Scotland
I wonder if MHA's big enough for 4 characters, it's certainly hit it off really well internationally and I think there's more of a world-wide focus with this one.
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---
I think the biggest speculation though is if we'll see Kimetsu, Neverland, or Zumou represented, since they'll all have recent anime to promote.
 

savethecat

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Aug 5, 2016
Messages
3,330
Reaction score
5,440
Age
33
Country
United States
What’s everyone thoughts on Muhyo & Roji?

Personally I don’t think the art lives up to the manga at all
 

tirakai

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Aug 7, 2016
Messages
5,297
Reaction score
7,333
Age
33
Country
Scotland
Muhyo and Roji ep 1 was fine, I think it's great that it got an anime at all after all this time, especially since the series was never that big in the first place. How is the manga structured? Does it mainly stick to individual self-contained cases or does it jump into bigger story arcs quickly?

Since I'm pretty curious what they'll do with just 12 eps, if the series is mostly separate cases they could just do their favourites and go full episodic but if it's mostly big arcs I imagine they'd focus mainly on the critical plot stuff for one of them (or try rush through everything at top speed).
 

ChocoBar9

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Jan 29, 2008
Messages
2,955
Reaction score
2,573
Gender
Male
Country
United States
I wonder if MHA's big enough for 4 characters, it's certainly hit it off really well internationally and I think there's more of a world-wide focus with this one.
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---
I think the biggest speculation though is if we'll see Kimetsu, Neverland, or Zumou represented, since they'll all have recent anime to promote.
If its like JStars then all non-battle shounen characters will be relegated to support.
 

tirakai

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Aug 7, 2016
Messages
5,297
Reaction score
7,333
Age
33
Country
Scotland
Neverland would obviously have to be support but Kimetsu and Hinomaru could have full characters easily enough. I'd be pretty curious to see how they'd do a sumo character in this style of fighting game if Hinomaru somehow got his own spot.
 

OtterBrigade

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Apr 2, 2018
Messages
2,112
Reaction score
3,057
Age
33
Country
Canada
If its like JStars then all non-battle shounen characters will be relegated to support.
Is Dr. Slump battle? I never read it but I thought it was a gag series. Saiki is also playable as is Korosensei which I guess AssClass has battle shonen elements but I wouldn't really call it a battle shonen.
 

ChocoBar9

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Jan 29, 2008
Messages
2,955
Reaction score
2,573
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Neverland would obviously have to be support but Kimetsu and Hinomaru could have full characters easily enough. I'd be pretty curious to see how they'd do a sumo character in this style of fighting game if Hinomaru somehow got his own spot.
Is Dr. Slump battle? I never read it but I thought it was a gag series. Saiki is also playable as is Korosensei which I guess AssClass has battle shonen elements but I wouldn't really call it a battle shonen.
JStars also had characters like Allen and Rukia as support so its obviously not designated for one particular genre or the other though I doubt they'll make sports themed characters playable.
 

SharkBait

MH Senpai
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Aug 23, 2013
Messages
14,079
Reaction score
6,938
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Is Dr. Slump battle? I never read it but I thought it was a gag series. Saiki is also playable as is Korosensei which I guess AssClass has battle shonen elements but I wouldn't really call it a battle shonen.
I think one means the characters need to be capable of fighting, hence probably why the students werent chosen in AssClass or Saiki.

I was sure Hinata Shoyo or Kuroko werent chose in the previous jump game cause of this. So its unlikely Emma would be picked unless guns are suddenly all one needs to be playable.
 

shoyoboyo

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Oct 30, 2016
Messages
1,463
Reaction score
1,527
Country
United States
Even so, guns can only do so much. It's not like Emma can talk someone into submission in a fighting game
 

OtterBrigade

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Apr 2, 2018
Messages
2,112
Reaction score
3,057
Age
33
Country
Canada
I think one means the characters need to be capable of fighting, hence probably why the students werent chosen in AssClass or Saiki.
KoroSensei and Saiki are the main characters of their respective series though so I think that had more to do with it. I agree Emma will probably only be support (assuming support is even in this game, have we seen or heard any evidence for it?) but I could see Tanjiro as playable.
 

Heiji

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Oct 8, 2009
Messages
2,547
Reaction score
7,928
Gender
Male
Country
Japan
 

Tanzo

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Aug 1, 2016
Messages
1,555
Reaction score
3,766
Country
United States
Jump launch a new youtube channel with a few episodes of their older series(geo-locked to Japan? or just not available yet)

https://m.youtube.com/channel/UC47AYUs8AVU1QsT5LhpXjaw/featured

More info
https://animeanime.jp/article/2018/08/10/39350.html
80 Jump titles will be uploaded to the channel in total, they will be there until Mar 31, 2019.
Channel is getting updated daily.
Coming soon: Kochikame, Dr. Slump, Dragon Ball, Saint Seiya, Ninku, Rurouni Kenshin, One Piece, Naruto, Bleach, Bakuman
 

Mankichi Togawa

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Jun 26, 2014
Messages
5,549
Reaction score
15,715
Gender
Male
Country
Spain
Wonder if they will do a manga version
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top