Discussion Least Favorite Aspects/Dislikes of NNT

OtakuFreak

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Nov 20, 2017
Messages
4,795
Reaction score
9,606
Age
26
Country
Fun Forum
Created this thread to discuss our dislikes about nanatsu no taizai.

Here, I'll begin :cheez:

- How Meliodas gets so much emphasise that it ends up ruining other characters repeatedly. Gloxinia and Drole powers? Nah let's have Meliodas fodderized them. Zeldris being hyped up as the strongest demon of all time? Nah let's have Meliodas fodderized him with a brand new power that was never foreshadowed properly.

-Human Clan became irrelevant and is boring.

-Giant Clan has gotten literally zilch development besides Matrona, Diane and Drole. Besides Diane, the other two didn't get much.

-Fairy Clan is more relevant than Giants, but barely since only the Fairy royalty matter, everyone else is irrelevant. Gerheade had such a unique and interesting personality to me, think about the potential she had concerning the 3000 year history she has etc.

-King and Gloxinia spirit spear still have unrevealed forms, or powers removed because they were simply too strong. Dahlia is just a name..

-Goddess clan just has fodder, Four Archangels, a God, and a princess who has yet to have her full powers revealed.

-Supreme Goddess is no where to be found and is really just a name mostly.

- The respective realms for the races haven't been explored yet.

-Elaine is just a tool for Ban to remain happy. 22k and she's stuck in bed because Nakaba doesn't want to kill her off. Literally ruining her character.

-Mael.

- How the Ten Commandments were handled.

-Chandler and Cusack coming out of nowhere..

- Diane, King, Ban, Gowther getting little to no feats after the Kingdom arc. Last time Diane did anything "wow what the fuck" was when she deleted Helbram. King? Against Albion. Gowther? Mind fucking Dreyfus? It seems like they always get pushed to the side for Escanor and Meliodas to come save the day.

-Elizabeth never using her wings to: fly away from her cursed lover, Chandler and his cheeks and from every other threat realistically. Theres really no reason to deactivate them, yet she does?

-Demon Clan getting everything.

Discuss :cheez
 

Estarossa173

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jun 30, 2018
Messages
1,468
Reaction score
2,789
Age
29
Country
United States
The only problems I have with the series:

the fact that Meliodas, Escanor, and at times, Merlin get the most screen time. Would be nice if Diane, King, and gowther (although, he’s getting his screen time right now), and especially Ban got to show off.

Another thing I dislike: Just the whole shit with Mael. I already talked about why I hate mael so there’s no point repeating it here.

I also can’t say I’m a fan of the whole Elaine subplot. It’s gotten kinda old and boring at this point.

Other than that, I don’t really have issues with anything else.
 

Inuhanyou123

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jul 6, 2007
Messages
852
Reaction score
1,081
Gender
Male
Country
United States
I would love to see the sins getting more balanced screentime but its too late for that.

I also have had an issue with nakaba's inconsistency on Elizabeth recently. Its not good enough. Hopefully it changed for the better before the manga ends
 

Gut's is the man

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Apr 28, 2017
Messages
4,802
Reaction score
3,386
Age
29
Country
United States
The Holy war being built up as this grey moral situation. That goes nowhere and the demons are still portrayed as the clear bad guys and the goddess as just a little zealous but still in the right. no one questioning anything or for the background of the whole situation.

Diane complete lack of a story arc.

Gowther half formed story arc.

Deri and Monspiet 180 degree turn of ideals off screen which was just the more absurd shift i've seen in the series.

Esta knowing full counter and being able to turn others into demons.

Zeldris getting no real fights or development.

the goddess being so outclassed by the dmeons to the point of the only way that there was any sort of truce was if the demons just decided. 'Nope. Our mortal enemies have had enough, no reason to finish them off.'

Meliodas, Elizabeth and the sins being purely good heroes with no real moral faults that impact their judgment asid from Ban early on. (seriously Mel and Liz caused a massive escalation in a war. Yet they are likely gonna be portrayed as blameless.)

King and Diane raised no objection or even questioning the AA about where they've been or how the conflict between the demons and goddess started.

Gowther turning into a commandment going nowhere.

Chandler and Cusack not being even forshadowed.

Grayroad as a commandment. (that is all.)

The giants barely even existing.

My number one biggest gripe in the story. Diane trial for drole and how contrived it was to make Diane out to be better then drole when the option she choose couldn't have even been possible with the position drole was in. (I actually thought for a while that Zeldris commandment activated and she was now a spy for the demons. I actually would have preferred that.)

Deri whole heel-face turn.
 

Inuhanyou123

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jul 6, 2007
Messages
852
Reaction score
1,081
Gender
Male
Country
United States
I dont think derieri or monspiet turning good is a bad thing...that would make the 10c way too black and white...i also dont think melizabeth being portrayed as moral is bad, because their reasons were sound
 

Gut's is the man

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Apr 28, 2017
Messages
4,802
Reaction score
3,386
Age
29
Country
United States
I dont think derieri or monspiet turning good is a bad thing...that would make the 10c way too black and white...i also dont think melizabeth being portrayed as moral is bad, because their reasons were sound
it's less moral and more how they aren't even portrayed as having made a mistake.

For deri and mons it's more how it came about. She went form having no regrets about it to suddenly wanting no part of the war. (not helping is that she was blasted seemingly into oblivion by one she saw as a savior who showed no mercy or pity making a lot of later statement about Mel come off as..... insane.) Deri has no reason not to continue the war, her only known family was killed for no purpose and the goddess would gladly do that to them all. Liz ideas are amazing, but they are held only by her among the goddess. (Mael seems to have abandoned his own long ago.)
 

Aetherventus258

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Jan 9, 2018
Messages
289
Reaction score
346
Age
27
Country
Fire Nation
-elaine power up
-elaine
-the banleine subplots
-not to give Arthur any lead and kill him.
-mael.

and that's all I hate or don't like about NNT, about kingdoms and other races, I thought we'd see them in the future spin off of Arthur.
 

Gut's is the man

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Apr 28, 2017
Messages
4,802
Reaction score
3,386
Age
29
Country
United States
-elaine power up
-elaine
-the banleine subplots
-not to give Arthur any lead and kill him.
-mael.

and that's all I hate or don't like about NNT, about kingdoms and other races, I thought we'd see them in the future spin off of Arthur.
You really think Arthur is dead?
 

Seven777

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Sep 16, 2016
Messages
5,568
Reaction score
10,567
Age
31
Country
Australia
Chandler and Cusack
Not just because there was no foreshadowing, but also because it makes the demon clan look so much stronger than the goddess clan. It'd be way less messy and much more believable for the 10C to be a match for the 4AA, 4-5 commandments each for Sariel and Tarmiel, Zeldris for Ludociel and Meliodas for Mael. I get that the Sins needed powerful opponents this arc, but they're all just going after Mael anyway

Derriere going good
Came pretty much out of nowhere, she was pretty damn pissed at everyone last time we saw her. But thats not really what pisses me off, what pisses me off is her being portrayed as some tragic heroine before her death, Elizabeth not treating her like the filth that she is, the AA not smiting her on the spot, King saying he trusts her, all ridiculous. Even putting aside the countless humans she killed while the commandments invaded, Derriere was the commandment that gave the others the idea of replenishing their power by eating human souls, she is by far the worst of all of them, including scum like Estarossa and Merascula, characters in this series treating her as anything less than the subhuman trash that she is seriously pisses me off.

Elaine
I just dont see the point in her, she worked better as a goal for Ban, the fact that its unclear whether she's actually alive or not also annoys me, nags at my brain.

Sunshine being Sun
Sunshine just isnt as cool now that i know that its just some goddess power, i liked it better when it was just some mysterious power that appeared to be both separate and beyond the two warring clans.

I would like Sins to get more incredible moments too, and to feel more relevant even with the masters and AA around, but i have faith that that is going to happen over the course of this arc.
 

OtakuFreak

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Nov 20, 2017
Messages
4,795
Reaction score
9,606
Age
26
Country
Fun Forum
I would love to see the sins getting more balanced screentime but its too late for that.

I also have had an issue with nakaba's inconsistency on Elizabeth recently. Its not good enough. Hopefully it changed for the better before the manga ends
I'm hoping Nakaba isn't going to ruin Elizabeth's character and just turn her into some fanservice tool. If Elizabeth doesn't fight Mael or do something to help then it's a huge inconsistency.

The Holy war being built up as this grey moral situation. That goes nowhere and the demons are still portrayed as the clear bad guys and the goddess as just a little zealous but still in the right. no one questioning anything or for the background of the whole situation.

Diane complete lack of a story arc.

Gowther half formed story arc.

Deri and Monspiet 180 degree turn of ideals off screen which was just the more absurd shift i've seen in the series.

Esta knowing full counter and being able to turn others into demons.

Zeldris getting no real fights or development.

the goddess being so outclassed by the dmeons to the point of the only way that there was any sort of truce was if the demons just decided. 'Nope. Our mortal enemies have had enough, no reason to finish them off.'

Meliodas, Elizabeth and the sins being purely good heroes with no real moral faults that impact their judgment asid from Ban early on. (seriously Mel and Liz caused a massive escalation in a war. Yet they are likely gonna be portrayed as blameless.)

King and Diane raised no objection or even questioning the AA about where they've been or how the conflict between the demons and goddess started.

Gowther turning into a commandment going nowhere.

Chandler and Cusack not being even forshadowed.

Grayroad as a commandment. (that is all.)

The giants barely even existing.

My number one biggest gripe in the story. Diane trial for drole and how contrived it was to make Diane out to be better then drole when the option she choose couldn't have even been possible with the position drole was in. (I actually thought for a while that Zeldris commandment activated and she was now a spy for the demons. I actually would have preferred that.)

Deri whole heel-face turn.
I don't think the Demons are portrayed as more powerful than the Goddesses. It's just that the demons have so much screentime to show case their abilities.

We've had the masters fight, Meliodas fodderized countless people, Zeldris already be AA tier and even have the DK spank people.

The Goddess Clan? Mael's power with sunshine is unknown, Ludoshel is female, Sariel and Tarmiel are powerful and Elizabeth tends to do nothing because Nakaba.

The Demons are just portrayed better, but in the long run they aren't stronger than the Goddesses, both are roughly equal to each other, hence a balance.

I really wished Nakaba implemented more characters into this war.

Giants are literally hired to kill and love to fight in battle, YET we only see Diane so far? Hello? What?

Same for the Fairies, but apparently humans are more relevant to showcase.

Tarmiel even said the Giants and Fairies were going to help fight this war, but it seems like they have other priorities right now according to Nakaba.

I dont think derieri or monspiet turning good is a bad thing...that would make the 10c way too black and white...i also dont think melizabeth being portrayed as moral is bad, because their reasons were sound
Morally sound or not, Elizabeth and Meliodas actions have led to people suffering and dying, which is unforgivable.

If Elizabeth wasn't such a pacifist, less suffering would happening.

If Meliodas wasn't so evil now, people wouldn't die etc
 

Mythoclast

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Mar 12, 2018
Messages
488
Reaction score
720
Age
25
Gender
Male
Country
Antarctica
Some more from me-
How powerlevels were handled.
How the Giant and Fairy clan gets treated.
How everyone sucks up to Mel and Eli.
 

OtakuFreak

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Nov 20, 2017
Messages
4,795
Reaction score
9,606
Age
26
Country
Fun Forum
Some more from me-
How powerlevels were handled.
How the Giant and Fairy clan gets treated.
How everyone sucks up to Mel and Eli.
Pretty much everyone sucks up to Meliodas. I never see anybody be vocal about disliking him.

Unlike Elizabeth where you get every angle of opinion possible.
 

The one who laugh

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Apr 18, 2018
Messages
253
Reaction score
896
Age
25
Country
Syria
Pretty much everyone sucks up to Meliodas. I never see anybody be vocal about disliking him.

Unlike Elizabeth where you get every angle of opinion possible.
I dislike him :)
 

OtakuFreak

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Nov 20, 2017
Messages
4,795
Reaction score
9,606
Age
26
Country
Fun Forum
I dislike him :)
I like his character, but I dislike how he's the golden child that gets anything and everything.

I still don't be vocal about it, like how people are with Elizabeth sometimes...
 

HereNThere

Alive Ain't Always Livin'
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Mangahelper
Joined
Jul 8, 2009
Messages
8,384
Reaction score
12,173
Gender
Male
Country
United States
I still don't be vocal about it, like how people are with Elizabeth sometimes...
I dislike him, though not as much as I used too.

People were vocal about before, but it has calmed down compared to then. A lot of the more vocal Mel critics don't post here much anymore. I still rage about him when he does something that annoys me, but he hasn't done much of anything lately.
 

Mythoclast

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Mar 12, 2018
Messages
488
Reaction score
720
Age
25
Gender
Male
Country
Antarctica
Pretty much everyone sucks up to Meliodas. I never see anybody be vocal about disliking him.

Unlike Elizabeth where you get every angle of opinion possible.
I'm speaking about how the characters in the series sucks up to them.
 

Narxhen

Registered User
下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Joined
Aug 7, 2018
Messages
95
Reaction score
199
Age
33
Country
France
My dislikes/least favorite aspects?
Since the pseudo death of Meliodas there are so many... I'll just keep it simple with the major ones :
- Powerlevels handled even worse than before and completely irrelevant or making the fights illogical.

- badass characters badly handled replaced by other characters not really handled at all. The obvious example being 10c - - - - > chandler and Cusack. The 10 had so much potential. They ended their parts of the plot way too soon. And the other two are doing nothing despite the fact they were ready for the war 20 chapters ago. 4AA - - - - - - - - > lolz.

- Zeldris being treated as a sidekick character for the demon clan since Meliodas returned... A shame... He deserves more and better. I have still hope he will deal some great damages to stigma and show us cool things, I don't doubt it but the scene between him and Meliodas are painful to watch.

- The power of the commandments. We barely saw half of them in action and at this point I doubt the other will matter. Will they have a role in the futur fight of Mael and Meliodas? I doubt it... They are basically Mario's mushrooms style of powerups now...

- We barely saw Ban and Meliodas in Purgatory.

- Graylord... Overpowered with its commandment and dwarfed without reasons except the bad writing one.

And more...
 
Top