The Last Person to Post Wins - Taimatsu-Maru

GrySun

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Dec 22, 2014
Messages
3,360
Reaction score
33,681
Gender
Male
Country
Earth Kindom
Yeah, I have. Didn’t really think it was funny. I’m all for making fun of series I love, even Bebop, but the jokes just didn’t really hit home to me since they’re not based in truth. :catshrug Mostly the same with all his videos, he makes jokes through criticism which is based in him either not having watched the shows properly or is just terrible at understanding the themes of a simple story.
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---
Just watched a more recent episode of his to see if he’d gotten funnier - the BnHA one (still a year old, but nevertheless) - and that one was better than his older stuff. Still not a fan of his type of humor, but he did make me smirk a few times at least.
This certainly does look to me like you're so much of a diehard fan that you can't find it fun because pf it :catshrug
 
Last edited:

Charlie

SIGH-KO 🦄
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Jan 7, 2009
Messages
14,765
Reaction score
26,148
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Savage.

In a good way.
As opposed to a bad way? :XD

Yep, makes them think that are less than human, not just woman btw, men; including myself, feel the whistle as just an instrument to catch the attention of dogs... giving it a second thought, i've been behaving pretty stupidly, because dogs are the best thing in this planet.

Either way, the girl came to greet me late in that afternoon, she really knows how to take commands xD

Now that i'm in a pc, thank goodness i didn't received a badge, i was right, all are terrible.
Ouch, glad you're not skinned alive sometimes Shobu. :XD
 

Organizized

Pirate King in the North
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Scavenger Hunter Supreme
Joined
Nov 5, 2007
Messages
4,334
Reaction score
22,346
Gender
Male
Country
Sweden
This certainly does look to me like you're so much of a diehard fan that you can't find it fun because pf it :catshrug
Like I said, I found hardly any of his videos which I watched funny, including spoofs of series which I don’t like very much. Believe what you want, it’s my favorite show and I love seeing other media spoof and parody it, but these jokes just weren’t that funny. :catshrug
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

EVERYBODY GET HYPED ​
This gave me shivers all over my body. And I’ve been cautiously sceptical about it until now.

As soon as the cast names appeared I was like “oooh, it’s gonna say ‘AND James Earl Jones’”, then it did and I got goosebumps.

Yes, an “and” gets me excited, so what?
 
Last edited:

Xadyu

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Dec 8, 2008
Messages
5,316
Reaction score
13,240
Gender
Hidden
Country
Cocos Islands
This gave me shivers all over my body. And I’ve been cautiously sceptical about it until now.

As soon as the cast names appeared I was like “oooh, it’s gonna say ‘AND James Earl Jones’”, then it did and I got goosebumps.

Yes, an “and” gets me excited, so what?
I don't get the skepticism, I still don't get why people are bitching about this.

They did The Jungle Book which was a fucking great and a true adaptation of their own animated version, that same director and staff are doing this one. There's not reason for any skepticism. Just embrace it!
 

Organizized

Pirate King in the North
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Scavenger Hunter Supreme
Joined
Nov 5, 2007
Messages
4,334
Reaction score
22,346
Gender
Male
Country
Sweden
I don't get the skepticism, I still don't get why people are bitching about this.

They did The Jungle Book which was a fucking great and a true adaptation of their own animated version, that same director and staff are doing this one. There's not reason for any skepticism. Just embrace it!
Favreau is great, the cast is fantastic; I know there’s not really any reason to think this will be bad. I’ve just been cautious to not expect it to be great.
Maybe that’s because I didn’t actually think The Jungle Book was great (which is not to say I didn’t enjoy it).
Still, after that teaser I can’t keep being cautious. I’m aboard the hype train now.
 

GrySun

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Dec 22, 2014
Messages
3,360
Reaction score
33,681
Gender
Male
Country
Earth Kindom
:hi

Like I said, I found hardly any of his videos which I watched funny, including spoofs of series which I don’t like very much. Believe what you want, it’s my favorite show and I love seeing other media spoof and parody it, but these jokes just weren’t that funny. :catshrug
If you disliked all then fair enough I guess :catshrug Have only seen two myself, the bebop one and the Fire Emblem one. Not comedic gold but has it‘s funny moments, like the Viscious one in the bebop video for me.
 

Charlie

SIGH-KO 🦄
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Jan 7, 2009
Messages
14,765
Reaction score
26,148
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Morning Gry, :hi.
 

Xadyu

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Dec 8, 2008
Messages
5,316
Reaction score
13,240
Gender
Hidden
Country
Cocos Islands
:hi



If you disliked all then fair enough I guess :catshrug Have only seen two myself, the bebop one and the Fire Emblem one. Not comedic gold but has it‘s funny moments, like the Viscious one in the bebop video for me.
That Viscious-remark he did was kind of funny, I'll admit that.
 

Elusia

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Oct 16, 2017
Messages
1,766
Reaction score
11,568
Country
Philippines
In the end I went and bought TPN's first 3 volumes for my sis, there goes my whole budget :emobirb

If she likes them, I can give her two more volumes for xmas. I think this one will nail it. :p
You are a great big bro, otou-san :zomg
She will definitely love it!

EVERYBODY GET HYPED ​
Yes! Yes!! Yes!!!!!
:onoz
I don't get the skepticism, I still don't get why people are bitching about this.

They did The Jungle Book which was a fucking great and a true adaptation of their own animated version, that same director and staff are doing this one. There's not reason for any skepticism. Just embrace it!
I think the reason why people were skeptic about it is because the animated movie was already an excellent movie. It doesn't really need a sequel or a tv series from it. It's also not that old or dated in any way. So when the live action was announced, it raised a lot of doubt.

I do hope they make this into an awesome film. Maybe it's just as great or even better than the animated one. Either way, I am very excited, as well as the Dumbo movie :squee
 

Charlie

SIGH-KO 🦄
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Jan 7, 2009
Messages
14,765
Reaction score
26,148
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Man... another's, quiet Sunday desu ne.

: sexiboinarfdesune
 

Xadyu

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Dec 8, 2008
Messages
5,316
Reaction score
13,240
Gender
Hidden
Country
Cocos Islands
Sunday? Where the fuck are you hanging out for it to be Sunday?
 

Charlie

SIGH-KO 🦄
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Jan 7, 2009
Messages
14,765
Reaction score
26,148
Gender
Male
Country
United States
It's always quiet on Sundays, Tom.
:nod :nod :nod
 
Top