- Joined
- Nov 26, 2018
- Messages
- 6,815
- Reaction score
- 11,877
- Age
- 42
- Country
-
Zahard used it, and I'm not sure but Eduan at least talked about it if not also used it - both on the data floor. I'm not suggesting 10FH cannot use it, just that arguing that just because we haven't seen ____ use it doesn't mean they can't. Again, we didn't know Akryung could until we saw him use it. Does that hold true to Enne? IDK, do you?We have not seen family heads use Shinwyru but Urek has. On the FOD he said Baam used the same shinsuu as the FH. That is why is speculated Baam was from outside the tower.
That's the idea lol.As for the exercise... Cloned? Boy sure are opening up a can of worms here. lol.
A clone is, by nature, the exact same in every way genetically with the exact same physical traits manifested (short of copy error). How it is handled legally is another matter.In the traditional sense, cloned merely means the same DNA (genetically the same). However, as evidenced in science, a cloned being is not the same nor is it the original.
No, but they have every PHYSICAL trait(s). And possibly the same legal status depending on the circumstance and location.Legally, the clone does not inherit the rights and privileges of the original either.
If the 'law' is anything that comes from outside the tower isn't subject to the tower, then a clone would be afforded the same rights/exemptions as the genetic material is entirely foreign.
If you aren't already aware legal rights to genetic material, genetic ownership, and genetics-based property rights are debated as unsettled, gray areas IRL. After all, we're talking about what the legal designation of such material would be. I can't say with certainty how the tower would handle it. Some here seem to have a link to SIU's thoughts on the matter though... (or they think they do - not you per se)
I agree, but this is beside the point. I'm not arguing clones stay the exact same down to hair-count indefinitely, but that they both have the exact same physical traits genetically and thus same potential. How that plays out in the randomness of life is another story (does one twin get a scar the other doesn't get? irrelevant). I'm not asking if a Zahard clone has legal claim to the throne. But, wouldn't they have the same unlimited potential as that is a physical trait?Also, a clone is a point in time and due to natural mutation, such as aging, the exact copy (clone) begins to diverge from the parent.
I am lol. Well, I am and I'm not. As I have repeatedly pointed out 'irregular' is a designation, a title. There are legal aspects, physical aspects, and political aspects to being an irregular in the tower. See: whether OG13 qualify (they both do and don't). Ignore the title. We don't know how gray areas are handled by the tower in a legal aspect. And physical traits should be the same.I don't think we are suggesting it is genetics that makes you an irregular but how you are subject to the rules of the tower.
I respect this opinion. That could very well be how the tower handles it. See my analogy of diplomats to show that it is more than possible for foreigners to have complicated legal status IRL, and there's no need to be definitive about how the tower would handle such events when it is fantastical and has even greater possibilities than legal dealings IRL. To reiterate, children of a entirely foreign family of diplomats are NOT citizens while children with one native parent and one diplomat ARE. Then, there's dual-citizenship. The point is it can get as complicated or as clear cut as SIU wants to go. But, he has repeatedly shown there are exceptions to every rule.That being said, I think anything born in the tower is subject to the myriad of rules of the tower.
For reference, in the Star Wars EU, Palpatine clones himself. Palpatine (Sheev, the Emperor) is a very special being in SW. However, his clones share his abilities to the fullest. Even though they are not the original, and arguably have a different soul, they share the same special, and very rare, traits of being an extremely strong force-user.We should not pretend to know or understand all these rules and that complicates everything. However, I would speculate, Zahards clone made within the tower would NOT be an irregular while a clone made outside the tower would be an irregular. Enne was born to the tower and is more than just one of its denizens, she is subject to the tower. IMO
I'm not suggesting everything is the same as everything else. But there is precedent not only IRL but in other fantasies that could leave room for loopholes such as full-blood exemptions. Even ToG, as I have shown, repeatedly shows there are exceptions to many tower 'rules'.
It's merely a matter of how the rules of the tower play out. Since this is a question of 'law' or a legal designation then we should hold our judgments until we are 100% sure of how the tower 'laws' play out. With seemingly endless possibilities for exemptions I don't see how it's such a foreign idea that it's completely implausible or impossible even.
I get this is an unpopular opinion lol. No one has to agree. I suspect there's something there though.
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---
Their genetic material is entirely foreign, from outside the tower. In this sense, yes, they did physically come from the outside.They were born INSIDE the tower, hence they are natives in the tower. They didn't physically come from the outside.
--- Double Post Merged, ---
Yeah, read my post to @Davy Clyde above. I had forgotten about them as they are but a footnote. We know absolutely nothing about them. They don't add credence to or against my theory. We don't know what we don't know in regards to them - not even their gender.The twins are offspring of the Ha/Ari family leaders. They belong to the Ha family and have a rivalry about who's the heir of the family.
Jinsung probably is son of one of them.

