Mag Talk Weekly Shonen Jump [2019] - Discussion and TOC Talk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Konja9

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Oct 5, 2015
Messages
472
Reaction score
451
Age
34
Gender
Male
Country
Peru
You realize the TOC is not a 1:1 of the rankings, right?
The TOC still shows whether a new series has a chance to survive or not.

Saiyuuki is at the bottom (a point where it's extremely difficult to climb), so it has many possibilities to be axed.



To go full TL here
1. Jujutsu Kaisen
2. Kimetsu no Yaiba
3. Haikyuu
4. Chainsaw Man
5. Saigo no Saiyuuki
6. We Never Learn
7. Kinnikuman Special
8. Act-Age
9. Shokugeki no Soma (END)
10. My Hero Academia
11. Kamio Yui wa Kami wo Yui
12. Yuragi-sou no Yuuna-san
13. Beast Children
14. Samurai 8
15. Dr. Stone
16. Black Clover
17. Hinomaru Zumou
18. Double Taisei
19. Tokyo Shinobi Squad
20. The Promised Neverland
Promised Neverland is at the bottom. That means this poll in twitter isn't a good reflection for the Weekly Shonen Jump.
 
Last edited:

Brizzi

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Apr 11, 2019
Messages
184
Reaction score
582
Age
37
Country
Brazil
Beast is doing pretty badly. No one really hates it, but no one likes it, it's just there, and the mediocre artwork and writing means it's just really forgettable.

Really? Because Yui looks ready to be cancelled. Saiyuki is a maybe though, nothing really 100% indicates it being axed yet, and the reception has indeed been improving considerably since Estelle's introduction.

Legit, I wonder when Samurai 8's push will stop and it'll actually feel the mixed-negative reception in the TOC. That would be interesting to observe.
Speak for yourself, I like Beast Children.
 

Stivie

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Apr 23, 2019
Messages
3,118
Reaction score
2,340
Age
37
Country
Brazil
There is also the ongoing Issue 30 Top 3 vote thing. https://togetter.com/li/1369891 collects every vote at one place.

1. Kimetsu no Yaiba (and by a landslide)
2. Jujutsu Kaisen
3. Chainsaw Man
4. Kakuremi (Oneshot)
5. Act-Age
6/7. Saigo no Saiyuuki, Hinomaru Zumou tied
8. Haikyuu
9. Kamio Yui wa Kami wo Yui
10. Dr. Stone
11. We Never Learn
12. The Promised Neverland
13. Beast Children
14. Double Taisei
15/16/17. My Hero Academia, One Piece and Samurai 8 tied
18. Yuragi-sou no Yuuna-san
19. Tokyo Shinobi Squad
Perhaps there is a small possibility (minimum) of TSS, Beast children and Futare in the taisei to serve as a cushion for saiyuki and kamio yui.
 

101nemesis

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Aug 16, 2012
Messages
3,086
Reaction score
7,183
Age
35
Gender
Male
Country
India
To go full TL here
1. Jujutsu Kaisen
2. Kimetsu no Yaiba
3. Haikyuu
4. Chainsaw Man
5. Saigo no Saiyuuki
6. We Never Learn
7. Kinnikuman Special
8. Act-Age
9. Shokugeki no Soma (END)
10. My Hero Academia
11. Kamio Yui wa Kami wo Yui
12. Yuragi-sou no Yuuna-san
13. Beast Children
14. Samurai 8
15. Dr. Stone
16. Black Clover
17. Hinomaru Zumou
18. Double Taisei
19. Tokyo Shinobi Squad
20. The Promised Neverland
So TPN is in the bottom? I don't follow the series but unless some over here tells me that the manga has been ridiculously bad, I'm just gonna keep laughing at this "reliable" twitter survey.
 

OtterBrigade

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Apr 2, 2018
Messages
2,112
Reaction score
3,057
Age
33
Country
Canada
So TPN is in the bottom? I don't follow the series but unless some over here tells me that the manga has been ridiculously bad, I'm just gonna keep laughing at this "reliable" twitter survey.
I think it's dropped a little bit, but nowhere near that much. Even excluding series I don't read I don't see why it would be last.
 

Konja9

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Oct 5, 2015
Messages
472
Reaction score
451
Age
34
Gender
Male
Country
Peru
I think it's dropped a little bit, but nowhere near that much. Even excluding series I don't read I don't see why it would be last.
TPN is usually in the top 5 of the TOC. So, it won't be the last at the bottom in 7 or 8 chapters (which would be the current chapters).

That just mean the twitter survey doesn't reflect the TOC of the Jump.


PS: I compare this with the TOC, because the TOC shows the chances of surviving for new series like Saiyuki.
 

Stivie

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Apr 23, 2019
Messages
3,118
Reaction score
2,340
Age
37
Country
Brazil
Pure Ranking
1 [ 157 ] Kimetsu no Yaiba
2 [ 942 ] One Piece
3 [ 134 ] Yakusoku no Neverland
4 [ 204 ] Black Clover
5 [ 1 ] Samurai 8 Hachimaru-den
6 [ 110 ] Bokutachi wa Benkyō ga Dekinai
7 [ 240 ] Hinomaru Zumō
8 [ 21 ] Chainsaw Man
9 [ 348 ] Haikyū!!
10 [ 158 ] Yuragi-sō no Yūna-san
11 [ 9 ] Kamio Yui wa Kami wo Yui
12 [ 10 ] Saigo no Saiyūki

Average Ranking (8 Weeks)
1 [ 1.25 ] One Piece
2 [ 1.71 ] Kimetsu no Yaiba
3 [ 3 ] Yakusoku no Neverland
4 [ 3.5 ] Dr. Stone
5 [ 3.86 ] Black Clover
6 [ 5 ] Samurai 8 Hachimaru-den
7 [ 5.33 ] Act-Age
8 [ 5.67 ] Bokutachi wa Benkyō ga Dekinai
9 [ 5.86 ] Boku no Hero Academia
10 [ 6.4 ] Jujutsu Kaisen
11 [ 6.57 ] Chainsaw Man
12 [ 7.4 ] Haikyū!!
13 [ 8 ] Hinomaru Zumō
14 [ 9.86 ] Yuragi-sō no Yūna-san
15 [ 11.13 ] Kamio Yui wa Kami wo Yui
16 [ 12.25 ] Saigo no Saiyūki
 

Xzone

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Nov 2, 2014
Messages
888
Reaction score
698
Gender
Male
Country
Isle of Man
I *love* Beast Children. Very refreshing take on a sport so far in.
I don't feel it refreshing, but I think is the best of this round of new series.
 

Jovan

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Dec 20, 2018
Messages
2,245
Reaction score
5,772
Age
29
Country
United States
Slightly surprised WNL is getting S2, but could be like with Medaka Box where there was a contract to have 2 seasons if I recall well.

New Mangaplus series, Hina Change: https://mangaplus.shueisha.co.jp/titles/100063

I loved the chapter. This seriously seems good.
Sad that this post got ignored, but will post my thoughts on it today when I read it. Looks cute from the art on the page.

So TPN is in the bottom? I don't follow the series but unless some over here tells me that the manga has been ridiculously bad, I'm just gonna keep laughing at this "reliable" twitter survey.
Well it's a far reach from the beginning, but far from horrible. At least it's not on the bottom for Issue 30 poll lol

1. Kimetsu no Yaiba (and by a landslide)
2. Jujutsu Kaisen
3. Chainsaw Man
4. Kakuremi (Oneshot)
5. Act-Age
6/7. Saigo no Saiyuuki, Hinomaru Zumou tied
8. Haikyuu
9. Kamio Yui wa Kami wo Yui
10. Dr. Stone
11. We Never Learn
12. The Promised Neverland
13. Beast Children
14. Double Taisei
15/16/17. My Hero Academia, One Piece and Samurai 8 tied
18. Yuragi-sou no Yuuna-san
19. Tokyo Shinobi Squad
 

RafGL

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Apr 4, 2019
Messages
1,007
Reaction score
5,867
Age
25
Gender
Male
Country
Spain
Sad that this post got ignored, but will post my thoughts on it today when I read it. Looks cute from the art on the page.



Well it's a far reach from the beginning, but far from horrible. At least it's not on the bottom for Issue 30 poll lol

1. Kimetsu no Yaiba (and by a landslide)
2. Jujutsu Kaisen
3. Chainsaw Man
4. Kakuremi (Oneshot)
5. Act-Age
6/7. Saigo no Saiyuuki, Hinomaru Zumou tied
8. Haikyuu
9. Kamio Yui wa Kami wo Yui
10. Dr. Stone
11. We Never Learn
12. The Promised Neverland
13. Beast Children
14. Double Taisei
15/16/17. My Hero Academia, One Piece and Samurai 8 tied
18. Yuragi-sou no Yuuna-san
19. Tokyo Shinobi Squad
I hope to hear about it, I found it to be one of the most interesting things I have read in M+ for now, it was really different. Regarding that The Promised Neverland thing, I don't find really useful those kind of weekly rankings aside from showing if people liked/enjoyed/found interesting a certain chapter. I mean, it could actually go from bottom to Top 3 in matter of 2 chapters or so depending on what happens in the chapter itself. Recent chapters of TPN have been a bit more slow and haven't had much of development, so it's understandable that the hype has not been that much. Also, we can see how sales keep sky-rocketing, so in conclusion, let's not determine the performance of a series taking just one variable of its performance, be it sales or be it popularity on Twitter.
 

Kaizoku_82

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Mar 12, 2019
Messages
100
Reaction score
226
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil
So TPN is in the bottom? I don't follow the series but unless some over here tells me that the manga has been ridiculously bad, I'm just gonna keep laughing at this "reliable" twitter survey.
Well, if it's only for issue 29, I can see why it is at the bottom, that week it got a transition chapter, with very few thing interesting, not really surprising, and it picks up right away in the next issue (that btw, proofs Emma right, called it).

What does surprise me is a new Bokuben season, split cour, I guess.
 

Jovan

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Dec 20, 2018
Messages
2,245
Reaction score
5,772
Age
29
Country
United States
Just read Hina Change. I am...at loss of words. Very messed up story with unlikeable characters. Not what I expected it to be. Has those axed Weekly Young Jump manga feels. Props to not making it cliche, if anything.

Which is a shame, because the core concept is good and is a less limiting than Kagami no Kuni no Harisugawa which also featured switches.
 
Last edited:

Tarot

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Dec 20, 2017
Messages
420
Reaction score
535
Country
Italy
Hina Change had a weird start and not exactly in a good way. I'll check the second chapter only out of morbid curiosity to see what happens next.

.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top