- Joined
- May 26, 2016
- Messages
- 1,839
- Reaction score
- 7,564
- Age
- 33
- Country
-
Just read the rules quickly, it seems that Mafias will get their hands on Philosopher Stones way easier than Townies.
Depends, if we lynch a mafia tonight most townies will have it by day 2.Just read the rules quickly, it seems that Mafias will get their hands on Philosopher Stones way easier than Townies.

I say that's not really a good plan ...for nowI think we should all use the first ability and agree to each block a different person. If we get a night kill, those who don't have a non-voter disease tomorrow are confirmed killers![]()
I'll follow any experiment you guys proposeDepends, if we lynch a mafia tonight most townies will have it by day 2.
Wanna help in our alchemic experiment Taku?![]()
Didn't you just provide a previous post that proves that point?Vindictive![]()
The hint that time was indeed pretty obscureAnd obviously yes since you called my Magi/Shaltear/Noble hint too obscure in that game. Lol, that’s a bit like the pot calling the kettle black? No? Since I only did that once and you have done it multiple times. Do you want to lynch me? It’s only natural after feeling pressure, mafia scum. (And yes, getting you lynched on D1 would erase all my bad blood); Already prepared for the jinx, being aggressive and it hits me. But let’s just say this game, I want to be as annoying as possible. (second hint)


You might want to read what I wrote without the assumption I was doing the same in order to solve that issue. And I won't say more than that for today... which should be a lot already.At least it’s better than Arjuna and Esu calling me grandma.
I would have to say that hint completely flew over me if you did.
I understand not wanting to reveal your hand right off the bat, that's the smart move. But you (and all the others who have hinted so far) being this stingy on info could backfire on town...Not at the moment no.
I'd say that unless the randomizer is busted, it is quite the groundless claim, usually used by veteran players (who happen to be Mafia) to shift the focus on innocent newbies, while they nicely blend in with the town. So, was that your intention just now? #IseewhatyoudidthereIt is very common for new players to be mafia. What do you say to that?
Thanks ^^ looking forward to the October game (hope its on my birthdayFirstly, want to see you back in the October game. Because this reply is awesome.
)That‘s a strange thing to say uber. How would it backfire exactly? And how much has to be said for it to not be seen as „stingy“, whereas your hint is considered generous?I understand not wanting to reveal your hand right off the bat, that's the smart move. But you (and all the others who have hinted so far) being this stingy on info could backfire on town...
I'd say that unless the randomizer is busted, it is quite the groundless claim, usually used by veteran players (who happen to be Mafia) to shift the focus on innocent newbies, while they nicely blend in with the town. So, was that your intention just now? #Iseewhatyoudidthere
Thanks ^^ looking forward to the October game (hope its on my birthday)
Prostitute/Escort blockers who didn't go along with the plan would be complicit, obviouslyDon‘t think it‘s that simple, couldn‘t prostitute/escort blocks block those alchemy usages?
And how would the next day phase go if everyone wasn‘t able to vote?
Those issues aside it‘s a good plan![]()


It could happen to be reasonable late-game, but it also has a lot of ways to go horribly wrong at that point and serve the scum an easy win. It would also impair any other useful usage people might have for their abilities.I say that's not really a good plan ...for now
but it's good in late game when there confirmed players to vote and less players to work better.
Either Det, Mafia or 3rd party. We narrowed Gry's role down, boys&girls. xDCome at me bruh
I will hint that I like my role.
The Mechanics are pretty straightforward. We get three types of Alchemy, we are aware of the costs for the first 2 and unaware of the cost of the last one (probably lose your role or get poisoned so you die next night phase or like ten votes on your name to get you lynched easier next day). We know that there is a certain stone that is powerful and that each step gets us 20% closer to it and that Townies and Non-Townies got different possibilities to do said steps. So there is not much to discuss posibilities about them like it was with the monster power level in OPM or other games where you could exploit a mechanic like the one where everyone could challenge another to a duel or were everyone was paranoid af because of role change due level ups during the game which made it easier for Mafia to hide.Cough.....
Cough..........
Are you in a round about way, calling me old?So do you have a hint? Or? I have already provided one before you say anything. Even if it is a bit obscured.
Guess too busy for posts about the Mechanic.
I hate these type of hints.
Lynching a townee by mistake, random protection/investigation actions at night, letting scum blend in etc...How would it backfire exactly?
At least make sure that everybody can potentially figure your hint out, and not just aim it at some individuals...And how much has to be said for it to not be seen as „stingy“
Yes, as long as you're familiar with FMwhereas your hint is considered generous?
.I would say my hints have been pretty decent compared to most. Hope you do get to play the October game. It probably will be close to Halloween, even though it was at first going to earlier. Although randomize-sama should be the authority, it’s not a completely groundless claim, we had Linda, Nietz, FinalBeta, revo (multiple times revo as a new player). I know with Nietz, Final, and revo, a lot of people let them slip multiple days. #ReverseShadingTheShadeQueenDoesn’tWorkI understand not wanting to reveal your hand right off the bat, that's the smart move. But you (and all the others who have hinted so far) being this stingy on info could backfire on town...
I'd say that unless the randomizer is busted, it is quite the groundless claim, usually used by veteran players (who happen to be Mafia) to shift the focus on innocent newbies, while they nicely blend in with the town. So, was that your intention just now? #Iseewhatyoudidthere
Thanks ^^ looking forward to the October game (hope its on my birthday)
Reminding me that it was town and not mafia that you lead against me twisted the dagger.Didn't you just provide a previous post that proves that point?
The hint that time was indeed pretty obscure
Not sure what I've done multiple times that you did once... claiming passive?
Wouldn't say I'm feeling much pressure, to be honest, but funny you'd mention the pot calling the kettle black, I guess
And I don't know what the bad blood is about, really - that D1 lynch wasn't all my doing, it was reasonable enough that other townies (like I was) voted you, and you could have easily saved yourself but didn't. It's not like I haven't told you I felt bad about it afterwards, either, but if lynching me will make you feel better, I hope you at least stand to gain a two steps bonus from it ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
You might want to read what I wrote without the assumption I was doing the same in order to solve that issue. And I won't say more than that for today... which should be a lot already.
Disappointed. Try not to blend in too hard.Honestly it’s better than most hereThat‘s a strange thing to say uber. How would it backfire exactly? And how much has to be said for it to not be seen as „stingy“, whereas your hint is considered generous?
Didn’t really get that sense. Why did you arrive at that conclusion?Just read the rules quickly, it seems that Mafias will get their hands on Philosopher Stones way easier than Townies.
You just reminded me of a thought I had when reading the intro that masons would have it better than something like third party or mafia apprentice in a game like this. Not as good at getting into Lambu’s mind about which new role he would put in verses how he can get into mine when I host. But it seems to me with the mechanic, mafia apprentice and mentor/substitute would be more at a disadvantage then spirit medium or super mason.Either Det, Mafia or 3rd party. We narrowed Gry's role down, boys&girls. xD
The Mechanics are pretty straightforward. We get three types of Alchemy, we are aware of the costs for the first 2 and unaware of the cost of the last one (probably lose your role or get poisoned so you die next night phase or like ten votes on your name to get you lynched easier next day). We know that there is a certain stone that is powerful and that each step gets us 20% closer to it and that Townies and Non-Townies got different possibilities to do said steps. So there is not much to discuss posibilities about them like it was with the monster power level in OPM or other games where you could exploit a mechanic like the one where everyone could challenge another to a duel or were everyone was paranoid af because of role change due level ups during the game which made it easier for Mafia to hide.
Only problem i personally see with this is that due the extra block our dets are in trouble. Either they might get townie blocked or mafias will use their numbers to get extra coin-flip escorts to block as many active players as possible. Also means Masons gonna be pretty strong if they are in-game and can increase their numbers steadily.
Well, it is a good hint for day 1. Besides I already played so many games this does cut off quite some roles. That is if I wasn't lying which is the main aspect of this game. Nobody knows for sure who said the truth and who didn't till they are dead (and even then Janitor might prevent that from happening). In this case I did say the truth though. Got no reason to lie yet.^^
Really?Didn’t really get that sense. Why did you arrive at that conclusion?
Yeah, and then there are those who were townies, like me.Although randomize-sama should be the authority, it’s not a completely groundless claim, we had Linda, Nietz, FinalBeta, revo (multiple times revo as a new player). I know with Nietz, Final, and revo, a lot of people let them slip multiple days.
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---
lol#ReverseShadingTheShadeQueenDoesn’tWork
I was thinking about what hint i could give you, but i'm lazy, so i'll pass for now. I might give you something later.Also @Takuan would you give us a hint to your role?
This early, I'd say that's a no tbh..I think we should all use the first ability and agree to each block a different person. If we get a night kill, those who don't have a non-voter disease tomorrow are confirmed killers![]()
Aren't you quite doing the same too? Or are you waiting for someone to ask before you drop the stingy potentially backfiring on town act?I understand not wanting to reveal your hand right off the bat, that's the smart move. But you (and all the others who have hinted so far) being this stingy on info could backfire on town...
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---
--- Double Post Merged, ---
--- Double Post Merged, ---
I don‘t really get what you‘re trying to say tbh. You say people not saying more hints will backfire, then when I told you to explain the backfire you say very generic things. You know it can also backfire to say too much about your role, right? Mafia figures out the good roles and gets rid of them. Kinda a super generic general statement you made.Lynching a townee by mistake, random protection/investigation actions at night, letting scum blend in etc...
Frankly, I'm surprized I need to tell you this, unless that's what you're aiming for, as Mafia that is...
So more hints would be welcome.
At least make sure that everybody can potentially figure your hint out, and not just aim it at some individuals...
Yes, as long as you're familiar with FM.


Yeah do that, as long as it's not a night killI might give you something later

No, not really. My hint is on page 2, and more will come. Would love to hear yours though.Aren't you quite doing the same too? Or are you waiting for someone to ask before you drop the stingy potentially backfiring on town act?
I've been thinking the same ^^.I don't recall MG being this quiet at first. Did thing change ? Or people are busy? Or everyone is holding back for some reason? I've seen a sizable amount lurking
My point is pretty simple: we need more info. All you're doing so far is beating around the bush (but not just you tbh).I don‘t really get what you‘re trying to say tbh. You say people not saying more hints will backfire, then when I told you to explain the backfire you say very generic things. You know it can also backfire to say too much about your role, right? Mafia figures out the good roles and gets rid of them. Kinda a super generic general statement you made.
So aren‘t you aiming at individuals(those familiar with FM) too? Besides for me the „is like my character“ hints I hate the most, mainly because it‘s very easy to twist many roles into it and still be fitting for a character.
As far as I‘m concerned I‘ve given as much info as you. But to quote you, don‘t worry more will come with time.My point is pretty simple: we need more info. All you're doing so far is beating around the bush (but not just you tbh).
Besides, you do remember that there are protection/blocking roles which could save you from mafia atks? moreover, townies that could benefit from other townie roles and become assets later on?
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---