Games Mafia Game 72 - Fullmetal Alchemist - END GAME

Status
Not open for further replies.

Takuan

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
May 26, 2016
Messages
1,839
Reaction score
7,564
Age
33
Country
France
Just read the rules quickly, it seems that Mafias will get their hands on Philosopher Stones way easier than Townies.
 

GrySun

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Dec 22, 2014
Messages
3,360
Reaction score
33,595
Gender
Male
Country
Earth Kindom
Just read the rules quickly, it seems that Mafias will get their hands on Philosopher Stones way easier than Townies.
Depends, if we lynch a mafia tonight most townies will have it by day 2.

Wanna help in our alchemic experiment Taku? :heh
 

Asako

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jan 24, 2018
Messages
2,062
Reaction score
15,308
Gender
Female
Country
Tunisia
I think we should all use the first ability and agree to each block a different person. If we get a night kill, those who don't have a non-voter disease tomorrow are confirmed killers :derp
I say that's not really a good plan ...for now
but it's good in late game when there confirmed players to vote and less players to work better.

As for my role, it's a role that I actually been wanting to get for a while so I'm really happy
 

Takuan

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
May 26, 2016
Messages
1,839
Reaction score
7,564
Age
33
Country
France
Depends, if we lynch a mafia tonight most townies will have it by day 2.

Wanna help in our alchemic experiment Taku? :heh
I'll follow any experiment you guys propose
 

Vandred

Plan Deviser
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Mangahelper
Joined
Mar 15, 2016
Messages
1,488
Reaction score
7,113
Country
Imperium of Mankind
Vindictive :feelsbadman
Didn't you just provide a previous post that proves that point? :lambirb


And obviously yes since you called my Magi/Shaltear/Noble hint too obscure in that game. Lol, that’s a bit like the pot calling the kettle black? No? Since I only did that once and you have done it multiple times. Do you want to lynch me? It’s only natural after feeling pressure, mafia scum. (And yes, getting you lynched on D1 would erase all my bad blood); Already prepared for the jinx, being aggressive and it hits me. But let’s just say this game, I want to be as annoying as possible. (second hint)
The hint that time was indeed pretty obscure :fan

Not sure what I've done multiple times that you did once... claiming passive?

Wouldn't say I'm feeling much pressure, to be honest, but funny you'd mention the pot calling the kettle black, I guess :rolleyes:

And I don't know what the bad blood is about, really - that D1 lynch wasn't all my doing, it was reasonable enough that other townies (like I was) voted you, and you could have easily saved yourself but didn't. It's not like I haven't told you I felt bad about it afterwards, either, but if lynching me will make you feel better, I hope you at least stand to gain a two steps bonus from it ¯\_(ツ)_/¯


At least it’s better than Arjuna and Esu calling me grandma.

I would have to say that hint completely flew over me if you did.
You might want to read what I wrote without the assumption I was doing the same in order to solve that issue. And I won't say more than that for today... which should be a lot already.
 

uberfayt

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Aug 17, 2013
Messages
1,277
Reaction score
6,080
Age
34
Gender
Male
Country
Imperium of Mankind
Not at the moment no.
I understand not wanting to reveal your hand right off the bat, that's the smart move. But you (and all the others who have hinted so far) being this stingy on info could backfire on town...

It is very common for new players to be mafia. What do you say to that?
I'd say that unless the randomizer is busted, it is quite the groundless claim, usually used by veteran players (who happen to be Mafia) to shift the focus on innocent newbies, while they nicely blend in with the town. So, was that your intention just now? #Iseewhatyoudidthere
Firstly, want to see you back in the October game. Because this reply is awesome.
Thanks ^^ looking forward to the October game (hope its on my birthday :cheez)
 

GrySun

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Dec 22, 2014
Messages
3,360
Reaction score
33,595
Gender
Male
Country
Earth Kindom
I understand not wanting to reveal your hand right off the bat, that's the smart move. But you (and all the others who have hinted so far) being this stingy on info could backfire on town...


I'd say that unless the randomizer is busted, it is quite the groundless claim, usually used by veteran players (who happen to be Mafia) to shift the focus on innocent newbies, while they nicely blend in with the town. So, was that your intention just now? #Iseewhatyoudidthere


Thanks ^^ looking forward to the October game (hope its on my birthday :cheez)
That‘s a strange thing to say uber. How would it backfire exactly? And how much has to be said for it to not be seen as „stingy“, whereas your hint is considered generous?
 

Vandred

Plan Deviser
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Mangahelper
Joined
Mar 15, 2016
Messages
1,488
Reaction score
7,113
Country
Imperium of Mankind
Don‘t think it‘s that simple, couldn‘t prostitute/escort blocks block those alchemy usages?
And how would the next day phase go if everyone wasn‘t able to vote?

Those issues aside it‘s a good plan :XD
Prostitute/Escort blockers who didn't go along with the plan would be complicit, obviously :cookiehand

The day phase would be pretty fun, that's for sure - worst-case scenarios would be having like three mafias pulling a triple lynch with one vote each :XD


I say that's not really a good plan ...for now
but it's good in late game when there confirmed players to vote and less players to work better.
It could happen to be reasonable late-game, but it also has a lot of ways to go horribly wrong at that point and serve the scum an easy win. It would also impair any other useful usage people might have for their abilities.

So yeah... has some sense if we don't mind a lot of risk, but should probably be kept as the joke I intended it to be x) That's not to say I wouldn't be down for an attempt though... '3'
 

James Rye

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Oct 18, 2014
Messages
2,019
Reaction score
6,506
Age
37
Gender
Male
Country
Germany
Come at me bruh :lambirb

I will hint that I like my role.
Either Det, Mafia or 3rd party. We narrowed Gry's role down, boys&girls. xD

Cough.....
Cough..........

Are you in a round about way, calling me old? :notrust So do you have a hint? Or? I have already provided one before you say anything. Even if it is a bit obscured.



:grumble Guess too busy for posts about the Mechanic.



I hate these type of hints.
The Mechanics are pretty straightforward. We get three types of Alchemy, we are aware of the costs for the first 2 and unaware of the cost of the last one (probably lose your role or get poisoned so you die next night phase or like ten votes on your name to get you lynched easier next day). We know that there is a certain stone that is powerful and that each step gets us 20% closer to it and that Townies and Non-Townies got different possibilities to do said steps. So there is not much to discuss posibilities about them like it was with the monster power level in OPM or other games where you could exploit a mechanic like the one where everyone could challenge another to a duel or were everyone was paranoid af because of role change due level ups during the game which made it easier for Mafia to hide.

Only problem i personally see with this is that due the extra block our dets are in trouble. Either they might get townie blocked or mafias will use their numbers to get extra coin-flip escorts to block as many active players as possible. Also means Masons gonna be pretty strong if they are in-game and can increase their numbers steadily.

Well, it is a good hint for day 1. Besides I already played so many games this does cut off quite some roles. That is if I wasn't lying which is the main aspect of this game. Nobody knows for sure who said the truth and who didn't till they are dead (and even then Janitor might prevent that from happening). In this case I did say the truth though. Got no reason to lie yet.^^
 

uberfayt

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Aug 17, 2013
Messages
1,277
Reaction score
6,080
Age
34
Gender
Male
Country
Imperium of Mankind
How would it backfire exactly?
Lynching a townee by mistake, random protection/investigation actions at night, letting scum blend in etc...

Frankly, I'm surprized I need to tell you this, unless that's what you're aiming for, as Mafia that is...

So more hints would be welcome.

And how much has to be said for it to not be seen as „stingy“
At least make sure that everybody can potentially figure your hint out, and not just aim it at some individuals...

whereas your hint is considered generous?
Yes, as long as you're familiar with FM :) .
 

Crescent Jinx

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Nov 11, 2016
Messages
2,289
Reaction score
15,384
Gender
Female
Country
Kingdom of Fiore
I understand not wanting to reveal your hand right off the bat, that's the smart move. But you (and all the others who have hinted so far) being this stingy on info could backfire on town...
I'd say that unless the randomizer is busted, it is quite the groundless claim, usually used by veteran players (who happen to be Mafia) to shift the focus on innocent newbies, while they nicely blend in with the town. So, was that your intention just now? #Iseewhatyoudidthere


Thanks ^^ looking forward to the October game (hope its on my birthday :cheez)
I would say my hints have been pretty decent compared to most. Hope you do get to play the October game. It probably will be close to Halloween, even though it was at first going to earlier. Although randomize-sama should be the authority, it’s not a completely groundless claim, we had Linda, Nietz, FinalBeta, revo (multiple times revo as a new player). I know with Nietz, Final, and revo, a lot of people let them slip multiple days. #ReverseShadingTheShadeQueenDoesn’tWork

Didn't you just provide a previous post that proves that point? :lambirb
The hint that time was indeed pretty obscure :fan

Not sure what I've done multiple times that you did once... claiming passive?

Wouldn't say I'm feeling much pressure, to be honest, but funny you'd mention the pot calling the kettle black, I guess :rolleyes:

And I don't know what the bad blood is about, really - that D1 lynch wasn't all my doing, it was reasonable enough that other townies (like I was) voted you, and you could have easily saved yourself but didn't. It's not like I haven't told you I felt bad about it afterwards, either, but if lynching me will make you feel better, I hope you at least stand to gain a two steps bonus from it ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
You might want to read what I wrote without the assumption I was doing the same in order to solve that issue. And I won't say more than that for today... which should be a lot already.
Reminding me that it was town and not mafia that you lead against me twisted the dagger.

You claim passive a lot but also you have claimed passive when you were also roles like townie detective. Nothing you have said has relieved me of my distrust of you. But you haven’t come at me like you did poor Seraph back in that one game. All pretty low tier shade. :bnahDisappointed. Try not to blend in too hard.

That‘s a strange thing to say uber. How would it backfire exactly? And how much has to be said for it to not be seen as „stingy“, whereas your hint is considered generous?
Honestly it’s better than most here :grumble
Considering :grumble

Just read the rules quickly, it seems that Mafias will get their hands on Philosopher Stones way easier than Townies.
Didn’t really get that sense. Why did you arrive at that conclusion?

Either Det, Mafia or 3rd party. We narrowed Gry's role down, boys&girls. xD



The Mechanics are pretty straightforward. We get three types of Alchemy, we are aware of the costs for the first 2 and unaware of the cost of the last one (probably lose your role or get poisoned so you die next night phase or like ten votes on your name to get you lynched easier next day). We know that there is a certain stone that is powerful and that each step gets us 20% closer to it and that Townies and Non-Townies got different possibilities to do said steps. So there is not much to discuss posibilities about them like it was with the monster power level in OPM or other games where you could exploit a mechanic like the one where everyone could challenge another to a duel or were everyone was paranoid af because of role change due level ups during the game which made it easier for Mafia to hide.

Only problem i personally see with this is that due the extra block our dets are in trouble. Either they might get townie blocked or mafias will use their numbers to get extra coin-flip escorts to block as many active players as possible. Also means Masons gonna be pretty strong if they are in-game and can increase their numbers steadily.

Well, it is a good hint for day 1. Besides I already played so many games this does cut off quite some roles. That is if I wasn't lying which is the main aspect of this game. Nobody knows for sure who said the truth and who didn't till they are dead (and even then Janitor might prevent that from happening). In this case I did say the truth though. Got no reason to lie yet.^^
You just reminded me of a thought I had when reading the intro that masons would have it better than something like third party or mafia apprentice in a game like this. Not as good at getting into Lambu’s mind about which new role he would put in verses how he can get into mine when I host. But it seems to me with the mechanic, mafia apprentice and mentor/substitute would be more at a disadvantage then spirit medium or super mason.
 

James Rye

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Oct 18, 2014
Messages
2,019
Reaction score
6,506
Age
37
Gender
Male
Country
Germany
Since we are "only" 18 players it is likely we only got one mafia so I could see the Hosts giving the Mafia an apprentice if it isn't all that powerful due the mechanic. So either we got a medium size mafia or 2 small mafias. And ofc no idea how many insane 3rd roles they threw in this time. Still waiting for the first mafia game where no mafia is in game and only 3rd roles. With like 2-3 Serial killers. But for that to happen the Hosts gotta accept more of my 3rd roles suggestions. <.<
 

Takuan

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
May 26, 2016
Messages
1,839
Reaction score
7,564
Age
33
Country
France
Didn’t really get that sense. Why did you arrive at that conclusion?
Really?

All Players:

-
They will raise their counter by one step when they Votelock a Player in any DayPhase.
- Using Alchemy at Night will result on raising one step aswell.
- Lynching a Non-Townie with a votelock will result in three steps. So look forward to that.

Additionally, Non-Townies can also raise their counter:

- By performing a Kill at Night they will raise one step.
- By Lynching a Townie with their vote they will raise two steps.


Mafia players have the "All Players" conditions, AND the Non-Townies conditions. That alone gives them the advantage.

They can casually lynch a townie during the day and get +2 steps. If worse comes to worst and one Mafia gets lynched, if the lynch is non close his teammates can just votekill the dude and all of them will get +3 steps.

Let's say you're mafia. You're going to votelock somebody, and you're going to use alchemy during the night, that's already +2. Then, if you lynch a Mafia from your team because he wasnt going to be saved anyway, or a Mafia from the other team, you already have +5. If you lynch a townie, you're at +4, and you can still kill at night to get the +5.
 

uberfayt

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Aug 17, 2013
Messages
1,277
Reaction score
6,080
Age
34
Gender
Male
Country
Imperium of Mankind
Although randomize-sama should be the authority, it’s not a completely groundless claim, we had Linda, Nietz, FinalBeta, revo (multiple times revo as a new player). I know with Nietz, Final, and revo, a lot of people let them slip multiple days.
Yeah, and then there are those who were townies, like me.

Also @Takuan would you give us a hint to your role?
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

#ReverseShadingTheShadeQueenDoesn’tWork
lol
 

Takuan

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
May 26, 2016
Messages
1,839
Reaction score
7,564
Age
33
Country
France
Also @Takuan would you give us a hint to your role?
I was thinking about what hint i could give you, but i'm lazy, so i'll pass for now. I might give you something later.
 

Holt

#1 Ranker
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Global Moderator
Joined
Aug 6, 2014
Messages
8,036
Reaction score
8,321
Gender
Male
Country
Nigeria
I think we should all use the first ability and agree to each block a different person. If we get a night kill, those who don't have a non-voter disease tomorrow are confirmed killers :derp
This early, I'd say that's a no tbh..

I understand not wanting to reveal your hand right off the bat, that's the smart move. But you (and all the others who have hinted so far) being this stingy on info could backfire on town...
Aren't you quite doing the same too? Or are you waiting for someone to ask before you drop the stingy potentially backfiring on town act?
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

I like Uber so far btw
--- Double Post Merged, ---

Also @Lambu , I suppose it's a wording problem but under All players you have +2 for lynching non-townie and then additionally non-townie have +2 for lynching townie. Does this imply +2 for non-townie regardless of affiliation of lynched?
--- Double Post Merged, ---

I don't recall MG being this quiet at first. Did thing change ? Or people are busy? Or everyone is holding back for some reason? I've seen a sizable amount lurking
 

GrySun

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Dec 22, 2014
Messages
3,360
Reaction score
33,595
Gender
Male
Country
Earth Kindom
Lynching a townee by mistake, random protection/investigation actions at night, letting scum blend in etc...

Frankly, I'm surprized I need to tell you this, unless that's what you're aiming for, as Mafia that is...

So more hints would be welcome.



At least make sure that everybody can potentially figure your hint out, and not just aim it at some individuals...


Yes, as long as you're familiar with FM :) .
I don‘t really get what you‘re trying to say tbh. You say people not saying more hints will backfire, then when I told you to explain the backfire you say very generic things. You know it can also backfire to say too much about your role, right? Mafia figures out the good roles and gets rid of them. Kinda a super generic general statement you made.

So aren‘t you aiming at individuals(those familiar with FM) too? Besides for me the „is like my character“ hints I hate the most, mainly because it‘s very easy to twist many roles into it and still be fitting for a character.
 

Seraph

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Feb 26, 2017
Messages
3,373
Reaction score
9,907
Age
30
Gender
Male
Country
Finland
Hmm...Hmm....I see i see:

Some players discussed the Special mechanic>as expected,good going guys! :verily

Vandred proposes a Plan to filter out some of the Killers> As expected,good going Van! :heh

Some Players gave their usual hints to role's and allegiance>As usual. Fine! :D

As for me,i had my Role before and i liked it a lot. I'm Town once more,so my Curse continues. :emobirb
 

uberfayt

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Aug 17, 2013
Messages
1,277
Reaction score
6,080
Age
34
Gender
Male
Country
Imperium of Mankind
I might give you something later
Yeah do that, as long as it's not a night kill :rolleyes:
Aren't you quite doing the same too? Or are you waiting for someone to ask before you drop the stingy potentially backfiring on town act?
No, not really. My hint is on page 2, and more will come. Would love to hear yours though.

I don't recall MG being this quiet at first. Did thing change ? Or people are busy? Or everyone is holding back for some reason? I've seen a sizable amount lurking
I've been thinking the same ^^.

I don‘t really get what you‘re trying to say tbh. You say people not saying more hints will backfire, then when I told you to explain the backfire you say very generic things. You know it can also backfire to say too much about your role, right? Mafia figures out the good roles and gets rid of them. Kinda a super generic general statement you made.

So aren‘t you aiming at individuals(those familiar with FM) too? Besides for me the „is like my character“ hints I hate the most, mainly because it‘s very easy to twist many roles into it and still be fitting for a character.
My point is pretty simple: we need more info. All you're doing so far is beating around the bush (but not just you tbh).

Besides, you do remember that there are protection/blocking roles which could save you from mafia atks? moreover, townies that could benefit from other townie roles and become assets later on?
 

GrySun

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Dec 22, 2014
Messages
3,360
Reaction score
33,595
Gender
Male
Country
Earth Kindom
My point is pretty simple: we need more info. All you're doing so far is beating around the bush (but not just you tbh).

Besides, you do remember that there are protection/blocking roles which could save you from mafia atks? moreover, townies that could benefit from other townie roles and become assets later on?
As far as I‘m concerned I‘ve given as much info as you. But to quote you, don‘t worry more will come with time.
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

And yes not much happened yet, many seem to be busy or lurking or not come online yet.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top