- Joined
- Nov 20, 2013
- Messages
- 2,545
- Reaction score
- 6,845
- Age
- 40
- Gender
- Male
- Country
-
Whoever posts the ToC next, can you guys please wrap a spoiler tag around it? Saves me having to edit your posts to add it in anyway.
reprint happened last week,SxF at #14? Tf? Thats a mistake right
And it's getting two more in August?reprint happened last week,
Ah, makes more sense now. How is it selling roughly?reprint happened last week,
30th is ~24k according to shosekiAh, makes more sense now. How is it selling roughly?
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---
yesAnd it's getting two more in August?
Absolutely based. This is a great example of a good series selling well from day one and it makes me happy.30th is ~24k according to shoseki
so comfortably above that,
it was at 64k last week so depending on how it does, we could get to 100k ,
maybe more, maybe less regardless we will know in less than a day
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---
yes
Its rank rose with the reprint so maybe that happens with the two new reprints in August again. It already stood longer in the rankings and sold more than many first volumes from JUMP did. And in the manga+ reader rankings it is over a 1million views and about to take 2nd place despite being bi-weekly. I guess the combo spy+hitman+family theme+school life really hit what people wanna read both in japan and overseas.Spy x Family is easily one of the best newbie (not by a veteran, not being based on anything) debuts I have seen sales wise. Kudos.
I mean...I'm upset about Saiyuki as well, but the reasons all five failed are pretty clear.I can say just one thing: Japanese taste is horrible
TSS is in the bottom, Beast children and Saigo no saiyuki are jn the last two places of the bottom
And Double taisei and kaimio yui are higher![]()
I'd say it's simply that the series had this perfect storm of a relative lull in Jump (arriving just before the Saiyuki/Yui batch started) combined with a likable premise that easy to get engaged in and likewise a narrative that paced itself out to where every chapter offered new discussion (and memes). It's really quite an interesting conversation to observe.Its rank rose with the reprint so maybe that happens with the two new reprints in August again. It already stood longer in the rankings and sold more than many first volumes from JUMP did. And in the manga+ reader rankings it is over a 1million views and about to take 2nd place despite being bi-weekly. I guess the combo spy+hitman+family theme+school life really hit what people wanna read both in japan and overseas.
I mean they’ve been doing series for Jump since the launch of SQ so I don’t know about newbie, but it’s still impressiveSpy x Family is easily one of the best newbie (not by a veteran, not being based on anything) debuts I have seen sales wise. Kudos.
He did, but Tista was a major flop, and I don't think Gekka Bijin did much better (at least survived enough for 5 vols). So it's as if he did nothing before really.I mean they’ve been doing series for Jump since the launch of SQ so I don’t know about newbie, but it’s still impressive
I personally don’t think the TOC is ranked in order of votes exactly; and where you are at towards the bottom means nothing. If you bottom 4 you are doomed regardless of whether you are at the top of the bottom 4, or at the bottomI can say just one thing: Japanese taste is horrible
TSS is in the bottom, Beast children and Saigo no saiyuki are jn the last two places of the bottom
And Double taisei and kaimio yui are higher![]()
I suppose I’m thinking about veteran as time put in over success, but I can dig thisHe did, but Tista was a major flop, and I don't think Gekka Bijin did much better (at least survived enough for 5 vols). So it's as if he did nothing before really.
Horikoshi 2.0 like situation, doing 1 flop (Barrage) and 1 that wasn't a complete bomb but still a flop (Oumaga Zoo).
Holy crap, Spy!Oricon Rankings 22/7 - 28/7
68217 1923919 One Piece #93
40183 *104136 SPY×FAMILY #01
19368 *357346 Kimetsu no Yaiba #16
-
14177 *405105 Kimetsu no Yaiba #06
13918 *387666 Kimetsu no Yaiba #07
13822 *411801 Kimetsu no Yaiba #05
13734 *383928 Kimetsu no Yaiba #08
13587 *444687 Kimetsu no Yaiba #01
13391 *376358 Kimetsu no Yaiba #09
13144 *427162 Kimetsu no Yaiba #02
13126 *375797 Kimetsu no Yaiba #10
13122 *361553 Kimetsu no Yaiba #15
12840 *379026 Kimetsu no Yaiba #11
12751 *372815 Kimetsu no Yaiba #12
12713 *416212 Kimetsu no Yaiba #04
12620 *420384 Kimetsu no Yaiba #03
12403 *369155 Kimetsu no Yaiba #13
12401 *356353 Kimetsu no Yaiba #14
10361 *206343 Black Clover #21
*9906 *162156 Jujutsu Kaisen #06
I mean ‘flopping’ in quotes, innit, because it’s still doing fine.-Be the most pushed manga in Jump since Toriko
-Getting anime in this season
-Be beaten by SpyxFamily volume 1 and the usual Jujutsu Kaisen volume
Dr.Stone continues flopping in sales.
I'm so happy about SxF I cannot help but smile and pray for the series to keep being as successful as it's being right now. Hope for it to be licensed on Spain in the upcoming months.Oricon Rankings 22/7 - 28/7
68217 1923919 One Piece #93
40183 *104136 SPY×FAMILY #01
19368 *357346 Kimetsu no Yaiba #16
-
14177 *405105 Kimetsu no Yaiba #06
13918 *387666 Kimetsu no Yaiba #07
13822 *411801 Kimetsu no Yaiba #05
13734 *383928 Kimetsu no Yaiba #08
13587 *444687 Kimetsu no Yaiba #01
13391 *376358 Kimetsu no Yaiba #09
13144 *427162 Kimetsu no Yaiba #02
13126 *375797 Kimetsu no Yaiba #10
13122 *361553 Kimetsu no Yaiba #15
12840 *379026 Kimetsu no Yaiba #11
12751 *372815 Kimetsu no Yaiba #12
12713 *416212 Kimetsu no Yaiba #04
12620 *420384 Kimetsu no Yaiba #03
12403 *369155 Kimetsu no Yaiba #13
12401 *356353 Kimetsu no Yaiba #14
10361 *206343 Black Clover #21
*9906 *162156 Jujutsu Kaisen #06
thoughtsOricon Rankings 22/7 - 28/7
68217 1923919 One Piece #93
40183 *104136 SPY×FAMILY #01
19368 *357346 Kimetsu no Yaiba #16
-
14177 *405105 Kimetsu no Yaiba #06
13918 *387666 Kimetsu no Yaiba #07
13822 *411801 Kimetsu no Yaiba #05
13734 *383928 Kimetsu no Yaiba #08
13587 *444687 Kimetsu no Yaiba #01
13391 *376358 Kimetsu no Yaiba #09
13144 *427162 Kimetsu no Yaiba #02
13126 *375797 Kimetsu no Yaiba #10
13122 *361553 Kimetsu no Yaiba #15
12840 *379026 Kimetsu no Yaiba #11
12751 *372815 Kimetsu no Yaiba #12
12713 *416212 Kimetsu no Yaiba #04
12620 *420384 Kimetsu no Yaiba #03
12403 *369155 Kimetsu no Yaiba #13
12401 *356353 Kimetsu no Yaiba #14
10361 *206343 Black Clover #21
*9906 *162156 Jujutsu Kaisen #06
OP
![]()
![]()
![]()
KNY
![]()
![]()
![]()
BC
![]()
![]()
JJK
![]()
![]()