- Joined
- Dec 20, 2018
- Messages
- 2,245
- Reaction score
- 5,772
- Age
- 29
- Country
-
Will you be doing Spy x Family charts in the future? Thanks for the great work.
5 volumes, when it got there, I'll do itWill you be doing Spy x Family charts in the future? Thanks for the great work.
It does get a lot of color pages and high places in the ToC, and compared to it's sales numbers it seems wierd.Still don’t understand the “Dr.Stone is one of the most pushed Jump manga” claims.
He did, but Tista was a major flop, and I don't think Gekka Bijin did much better (at least survived enough for 5 vols). So it's as if he did nothing before really.
Horikoshi 2.0 like situation, doing 1 flop (Barrage) and 1 that wasn't a complete bomb but still a flop (Oumaga Zoo).
Between Endo becoming Horikoshi's spiritual successor and reaching 100k for its debut volume, if it ever gets out that SxF was initially shot down for a WSJ serialization, then Nak the Hax and Ooni the phony ought to kick each other in the balls for every 100k volumes printed.Oricon Rankings 22/7 - 28/7
68217 1923919 One Piece #93
40183 *104136 SPY×FAMILY #01
19368 *357346 Kimetsu no Yaiba #16
-
14177 *405105 Kimetsu no Yaiba #06
13918 *387666 Kimetsu no Yaiba #07
13822 *411801 Kimetsu no Yaiba #05
13734 *383928 Kimetsu no Yaiba #08
13587 *444687 Kimetsu no Yaiba #01
13391 *376358 Kimetsu no Yaiba #09
13144 *427162 Kimetsu no Yaiba #02
13126 *375797 Kimetsu no Yaiba #10
13122 *361553 Kimetsu no Yaiba #15
12840 *379026 Kimetsu no Yaiba #11
12751 *372815 Kimetsu no Yaiba #12
12713 *416212 Kimetsu no Yaiba #04
12620 *420384 Kimetsu no Yaiba #03
12403 *369155 Kimetsu no Yaiba #13
12401 *356353 Kimetsu no Yaiba #14
10361 *206343 Black Clover #21
*9906 *162156 Jujutsu Kaisen #06
Why though? It still Shueisha`sBetween Endo becoming Horikoshi's spiritual successor and reaching 100k for its debut volume, if it ever gets out that SxF was initially shot down for a WSJ serialization, then Nak the Hax and Ooni the phony ought to kick each other in the balls for every 100k volumes printed.
Yeah, but every magazine under Shueisha are constantly competing against each other. Even though they're under the same group, they still look for every available oppoturnity to gain the best talent available. WSJ have been the biggest draw for decades, but sometimes some newbies completely slip under their radar and and another magazine grabs them, be it from a rival group or within theirs.Why though? It still Shueisha`s
You might have a point, but I do think it depends on how good the editor is to set the pacing. I think that Endo was quite fortunate here. Assuming Endo got an editor as good as the one he has right now, I do think they could figure something out about the pacing.It would be a different series anyway. Each chapter has a different amount of chapters. Just to use the latest 3:
8: 27
9: 23
10: 17.
All end at good points so trying to make 8 and 9 into 3 chapters would just be awkward. I think it fits a lot better on Jump+ than it would in WSJ.
I disagree. It took way longer that it should have, but Yui has been pretty clear in what it's actually about since the introduction of the "mushi" as a concept.Kamio Yui has no idea what it wants to be and is just throwing everything it possibly can genre and tone wise at the wall.
Kagamigami? We are talking about a manga that was supposed to be a detective+demon hunting mix, and the detective part was dropped after less than 10 chapters and female MC became irrelevant.That's not a fair comparison. Kagamigami was a really cool but safe battle series. The only problem was it opened with a promise of duo-leads one of them a strong female character only to waste her potential.
Kamio Yui has no idea what it wants to be and is just throwing everything it possibly can genre and tone wise at the wall.
Jump+ is under nak so he don't careYeah, but every magazine under Shueisha are constantly competing against each other. Even though they're under the same group, they still look for every available oppoturnity to gain the best talent available. WSJ have been the biggest draw for decades, but sometimes some newbies completely slip under their radar and and another magazine grabs them, be it from a rival group or within theirs.
You might have a point, but I do think it depends on how good the editor is to set the pacing. I think that Endo was quite fortunate here. Assuming Endo got an editor as good as the one he has right now, I do think they could figure something out about the pacing.
Are you involved with MANGA Plus?
Well, Jump+ and MANGA Plus are both parts of Shonen Jump, and as the chief editor I get involved in the content of both the magazine and Jump+/MANGA Plus. I help decide what manga get serialized in both Jump+ and the magazine.
It's hard to say how good the editor is. According to their Twitter bio (https://twitter.com/SHIHEILIN) they also do Chainsaw Man, Moon Land, Heart Gear, and Dricam (as well as some Jump SQ stuff I haven't read) so while obviously no editor is going to have a 100% track record this one still produces duds alongside Spy x Family (although I stopped reading both Moon Land and Heart Gear so idk if they have pacing issues or not)You might have a point, but I do think it depends on how good the editor is to set the pacing. I think that Endo was quite fortunate here. Assuming Endo got an editor as good as the one he has right now, I do think they could figure something out about the pacing.
Jump+ is under nak so he don't care
![]()
Weekly Shonen Jump Editor-in-Chief Hiroyuki Nakano
Get the inside scoop on exactly what it's like to be the editor of the most powerful manga magazine in the world - Weekly Shonen Jump, home of One Piece, Dragon Ball Super and more.www.animenewsnetwork.com
It's hard to say how good the editor is. According to their Twitter bio (https://twitter.com/SHIHEILIN) they also do Chainsaw Man, Moon Land, Heart Gear, and Dricam (as well as some Jump SQ stuff I haven't read) so while obviously no editor is going to have a 100% track record this one still produces duds alongside Spy x Family (although I stopped reading both Moon Land and Heart Gear so idk if they have pacing issues or not)
I understand why all volume of TpN is on top 500, but how come Even MHA have all the volume in top 500? It have anime draught for almost a year.
Seems legit though it's pretty wired that a mobile game can give a boosttimeline wise... this
biggest mobile game in japan thoughSeems legit though it's pretty wired that a mobile game can give a boost
The thing is, I feel like we’ve established thatIt does get a lot of color pages and high places in the ToC, and compared to it's sales numbers it seems wierd.
Spy x Family is easily one of the best newbie (not by a veteran, not being based on anything) debuts I have seen sales wise. Kudos.
He's not a newbie by no means. He clearly is experienced...its hard to call someone a newbie when they had a 2 volume series in 07' and a 5 volume series in 2010.He did, but Tista was a major flop, and I don't think Gekka Bijin did much better (at least survived enough for 5 vols). So it's as if he did nothing before really.
Horikoshi 2.0 like situation, doing 1 flop (Barrage) and 1 that wasn't a complete bomb but still a flop (Oumaga Zoo).