Kinda curious to see what you guys think,
What type of manga are you wanting to see from Jump in the next batch? Personally, I'd love to see an apocalypse series.
I know we get plenty of shonen battle manga, but it feels like its been a while since we've gotten one with all of the following:
- Meaningful escalation and stakes. Major character deaths, and lots of "oh shit" character growth moments.
- A distinct, iconic setting. One that manages to feel archetypal, but also not like a retread of a manga that came before.
- An exciting and well thought out power system. One that shows a lot of power variety, and is also detailed enough that a reader could build their own unique ability set using the power system's rules.
Hunter x Hunter and
Naruto are mangas I can think of that have pulled this off to at least some extent in the past.
MHA and
Black Clover are candidates that have gotten close, but fall short due to either a lack of meaningful escalation or a vague power system.
It might be a tall order to expect a manga like that to ever happen again, but you didn't say tall orders weren't allowed! Even if something like that didn't happen in this next batch, I'd love to see it happen again at some point in WSJ's future.