Mag Talk Weekly Shonen Jump [2019] - Discussion and TOC Talk

Status
Not open for further replies.

ChocoBar9

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Jan 29, 2008
Messages
2,955
Reaction score
2,573
Gender
Male
Country
United States
For all we know, it could be like early Hinomaru, very popular with the magazine readers but doesn't correlate with people who buy volumes.
This will never make sense to me. Why wouldn't readers from the magazine support the series when the volume gets released? It feels counter-intuitive especially given how they go hand in hand with the series longevity.
 

Jovan

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Dec 20, 2018
Messages
2,245
Reaction score
5,772
Age
29
Country
United States
This will never make sense to me. Why wouldn't readers from the magazine support the series when the volume gets released? It feels counter-intuitive especially given how they go hand in hand with the series longevity.
Whg do you think majority of a specifc manga's fanbase are obligated to buy both? Especially in a manga Japan world with countless different volumes of various demographics and concepts releasing each month.
 

101nemesis

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Aug 16, 2012
Messages
3,086
Reaction score
7,183
Age
35
Gender
Male
Country
India
This will never make sense to me. Why wouldn't readers from the magazine support the series when the volume gets released? It feels counter-intuitive especially given how they go hand in hand with the series longevity.
Same reason why casual music fans only buy singles and not the entire albums. They make the easier and less expensive commitment and aren't sure if the larger commitment is something they want.

Readers might be reading it in the magazine and ranking it high in their polls but don't do anything beyond that.
 

Kolbe

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Aug 29, 2019
Messages
150
Reaction score
338
Gender
Male
Country
Italy
Nice Yozakura chapter. Mitama was funnier than the first 3 chapters, I actually smiled with the rap joke
 

OniluapL

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jan 26, 2012
Messages
512
Reaction score
1,341
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil
I'm enjoying Yozakura, but I feel like it may be going too fast. The development of this chapter happened way too suddenly for me, was I the only one?
 

101nemesis

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Aug 16, 2012
Messages
3,086
Reaction score
7,183
Age
35
Gender
Male
Country
India
This will never make sense to me. Why wouldn't readers from the magazine support the series when the volume gets released? It feels counter-intuitive especially given how they go hand in hand with the series longevity.
A better analogy would be something like Netflix which is a collection of material. You pay for netflix, rate the series and movies you watch but probably wont buy 90% of them
 

Jovan

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Dec 20, 2018
Messages
2,245
Reaction score
5,772
Age
29
Country
United States
I like how Chainsaw Man does a random SoL chapter and it does it so well. Love this manga.
 

Chuck_Atlas

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jan 30, 2018
Messages
1,083
Reaction score
1,557
Country
Peru
Yozakura did felt like it was abit rushed this week, felt as if I missed one chapter in between. Still, it was a fun chapter nonetheless. I admit, I was a bit iffy with Chainsawman for a while, but this last couple of chapters have me a bit hooked again.
 

RafGL

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Apr 4, 2019
Messages
1,007
Reaction score
5,867
Age
25
Gender
Male
Country
Spain
Just read Yui Kamio. Nice move to present a wrapping-up situation to finish the series in a few more chapters.
 

ChocoBar9

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Jan 29, 2008
Messages
2,955
Reaction score
2,573
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Whg do you think majority of a specifc manga's fanbase are obligated to buy both? Especially in a manga Japan world with countless different volumes of various demographics and concepts releasing each month.
Because their favorites lasting depends on their individual sales. The only series I can say people will buy Jump for is OP, Stone doesn't have nearly as much of a draw to say its fanbase is solely keeping the series a float by reading it in the magazine versus buying it and we already know Stone's push has been mainly to increase volume sales.
 

OniluapL

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jan 26, 2012
Messages
512
Reaction score
1,341
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil
Act-Age is making me kinda scared about the developments of the story for a while now. It still didn't happen, but I feel like there's a bad decision lurking and waiting to happen, and this chapter was where I felt it more strongly.
 

Mankichi Togawa

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Jun 26, 2014
Messages
5,550
Reaction score
15,717
Gender
Male
Country
Spain
Act-age has been the best chapter of this week for my.

Also, I'm really enjoying a lot Double Taisei. The manga has been very enjoyable for me since chapter 10. The introduction of all these rivals has been a great idea, and the chemistry with Tai is pretty great.

I hope for a miracle that helps Double Taisei escape from axe-kun :emobirb
 

Chuck_Atlas

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jan 30, 2018
Messages
1,083
Reaction score
1,557
Country
Peru
Lol has there been a series that was as screwed as Taisei that managed to survive? I remember Sket Dance and Kuroko, but they sure where doing way better when compared to Taisei
 

Jovan

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Dec 20, 2018
Messages
2,245
Reaction score
5,772
Age
29
Country
United States
Just read Yui Kamio. Nice move to present a wrapping-up situation to finish the series in a few more chapters.
Yeah, the setup feels like a final arc situation. At the first while reading the chapter, I thought it was reverting back to a romcom harem lmao.
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

Lol has there been a series that was as screwed as Taisei that managed to survive? I remember Sket Dance and Kuroko, but they sure where doing way better when compared to Taisei
Yu Yu Hakusho, Saint Seiya and Rurouni Kenshin all had some early struggles (surprisingly). Also Act-Age and Medaka Box.

Though Taisei sold so bad (and it's not a gag) I see 0 chances of it surviving.
 

Ottes

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Apr 25, 2019
Messages
109
Reaction score
439
Age
24
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil
This CSM SoL chapter... Loved every part of it.
Also the rhymes with the movies in this chapter felt like Fire Punch all over again. Fujimoto sure love movies.

I like how Chainsaw Man does a random SoL chapter and it does it so well. Love this manga.
:super
 

Thores

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Jul 18, 2019
Messages
255
Reaction score
865
Age
39
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Double Taisei has had some surprisingly engaging chapters back to back! I really hope that the author gets to come back relatively soon with a new series... and that it's about literally anything besides shogi.
 

Shinuki no Reborn

Mangahelper
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Mangahelper
Joined
Jul 6, 2011
Messages
15,503
Reaction score
39,564
Age
34
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil
Kamio Yui really gave some ending vibes which for me it's a waste, Shonen Jump already have 2 empty spots and 3 big flops to cancel, finishing Yui at this moment just for the sake of starting something that will possibly perform worst seems like a waste of talent, but Jump is the king of wasting talent...
 

Stivie

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Apr 23, 2019
Messages
3,120
Reaction score
2,340
Age
37
Country
Brazil
I'm enjoying Yozakura, but I feel like it may be going too fast. The development of this chapter happened way too suddenly for me, was I the only one?
Black clover and kimetsu no yaiba also had rapid developments in the beginning and after they settled down they slowed down.
 

Kolbe

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Aug 29, 2019
Messages
150
Reaction score
338
Gender
Male
Country
Italy
Is there a site where I can see all color pages a manga received?
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top