- Joined
- May 17, 2019
- Messages
- 1,814
- Reaction score
- 3,995
- Country
-
Yeah, was about to mention Jump SQ.
That works too, but I envisioned new serialisation rounds, similar to in WSJ. I personally want to see NEW monthly series, not transferred series, or whatever.If they were going to do this why not just lapse Jump SQ into Jump, shift it to release Monday and give the weekly stuff a break the first Monday of the month? Wouldn't need to find a bunch of new monthly series then.
Oh yeah, this definitely works too. I just kinda like the idea of up and commers getting into WSJ either weekly or monthly. I know Shueisha has monthly magazines, but do they have the clout/pedigree of WSJ?I'd prefer a system where every week ~5 mangaka get a break in a shifting cycle. For example in the first week of every month One Piece, Yuuna, Chainsaw Man, Kimetsu, and Jujutsu are on a break, in the second week 5 other manga are on a break and so on. The manga on break will be replaced with oneshots or special spin-off chapters. This way people wouldn't have to wait for all WSJ manga to return after a 1 week break, only for the ones who actually are on break.
In this situation what happens when the magazine is off for a week though? Do the mangaka off during Golden Week get screwed out of a break while everyone else gets 2 that month?I'd prefer a system where every week ~5 mangaka get a break in a shifting cycle. For example in the first week of every month One Piece, Yuuna, Chainsaw Man, Kimetsu, and Jujutsu are on a break, in the second week 5 other manga are on a break and so on. The manga on break will be replaced with oneshots or special spin-off chapters. This way people wouldn't have to wait for all WSJ manga to return after a 1 week break, only for the ones who actually are on break.
I think part of that was to pair up artists with writers, so it's not just one person taking the full load of responsibility.Nakano has outright stated that they've been working to improve working conditions anyway.
It just doesn't work like that and honestly, i don't want JumpSQ to morph into SJ, like at all, JumpSQ is a quite different shounen magazine with its own approach for shounen mangas that wouldn't really work or have the same public if published on SJ.Oh yeah, this definitely works too. I just kinda like the idea of up and commers getting into WSJ either weekly or monthly. I know Shueisha has monthly magazines, but do they have the clout/pedigree of WSJ?
Which is why I said I wanted monthlies started from the ground up in WSJ specifically. That way, they WOULD fit in with the magazine.It just doesn't work like that and honestly, i don't want JumpSQ to morph into SJ, like at all, JumpSQ is a quite different shounen magazine with its own approach for shounen mangas that wouldn't really work or have the same public if on SJ.
Ehh why??? this is a weekly shounen magazine, a place to read weekly mangas, Jump Plus already publish monthly stuff, monthly mangas would just mess up with how SJ works, and the authors are not dying man, we have cases like Horikoshi or Tabata that have some health problems sometimes and they already get breaks but the rest of the magazine is doing totally fine, all of this make it sounds like SJ are slaving authors and making them work to death, when its not like thatWhich is why I said I wanted monthlies started from the ground up in WSJ specifically. That way, they WOULD fit in with the magazine.
Have to agree with Shinuki here, Buranchi. I think you're letting your love of Bleach and knowledge of the stories surrounding the effects the series had on Kubo cloud your vision.Ehh why??? this is a weekly shounen magazine, a place to read weekly mangas, Jump Plus already publish monthly stuff, monthly mangas would just mess up with how SJ works, and the authors are not dying man, we have cases like Horikoshi or Tabata that have some health problems sometimes and they already get breaks but the rest of the magazine is doing totally fine, all of this make it sounds like SJ are slaving authors and making them work to death, when its not like that
Nah, I feel like BnHA peak has passed already. I (me and myself only) think the arc covered in S4 was a pretty low point plotwise, but if the anime team can make its pacing better I'm all aboard.
Not anymore, no. Unless it gets a similar growth sprout from S4. But I don't see that happening.
People said the exact same thing about it before S2 and S3 even now the series backlog is still steady despite their being no anime.Nah, BNHA already reached the peak in sales, if the best arcs + a movie wasn't able to do, isn't the worst arcs being animated that will make it reach 1 million...
Hilariously enough both arcs were well recieved by broad audiences the former was for a while the best selling arc in the manga it was mostly the loud minority who had a problem with it and even then most of their problems came towards the end not the arc as a whole and I think stuff like the series ranking dropping outside the top 5 for the first time gave more fuel to the fire that "the arc was bad" group. MVA was more mixed but moreso because it focused on the villians with antis either hating or not caring about Shiggy but the bulk of the chapters were well-recieved once again most of the hate from that group came towards the end and still despite all that the series sales have been on an uptick. The reason why I bring sales into this is because we've seen firsthand how an audience reception of the series can effect sales as it goes on (Souma, Bleach, etc.) which hasn't happened to Heroaca despite all the doomposting that it gets on a regular basis, remember that chapter that caused a huge shitstorm for weeks? It ranked 1# on the TOC and it didn't effect sales or ratings at all (though its made groups going into sites like MAL to bring down its overall score and upvote negative reviews then again >MAL). So that's only thing that's changed is that the overly obnoxious fanbase grew and equally obnoxious hatebase as it hit the mainstream.Nope. I stopped reading at Overhaul arc ( wait for anime ) but as I understood it was Kohei first big misstep. And it looks like he made similar thing in mva arc. Big fans might swallow it but broad audience is much less forgiving
Heroaca is the only series I've seen that can generate a heap of discussion every week regardless of what content it has and its only really second to OP. Discussion for TPN remained stagnant despite the anime being well recieved and Kimetsu is the same, nobody really cares about BC unless the fanbase wants to put on a show (they've been quiet as of late though) JK is pretty much dead discussion wise, Bokuben and Stone only really get active discussion to shitpost and then there's underdogs like Chainsawman and Act Age. So I'm not sure where you're getting at.If you ask me this is just different kind of push. Rain was right on this one. They do try to make Mha one more face of Jump. But isnt going to work. First of all because it is already is. For another see above. If they really want come close to OP they need someone that can break all the rules while at the same time being true to them
Yeah, but it will not reach 1 million per volume.People said the exact same thing about it before S2 and S3 even now the series backlog is still steady despite their being no anime.
Personally, I hated trying to follow Birdmen and Yugami as a monthly on Sunday.Which is why I said I wanted monthlies started from the ground up in WSJ specifically. That way, they WOULD fit in with the magazine.
Well, because we don't have any idea of the numbers, simple, we can't just say "ohh this BNHA volume is selling 1 million because digital" when we don't have the numbers.Are we just...forgetting digital exists? How do we not know the series is close to a million when those are factored in? Just because we have no hard numbers doesn't mean those numbers literally don't exist.
That's technically true, but that doesn't mean the digital sales suddenly don't exist. This isn't theoretical physics.Well, because we don't have any idea of the numbers, simple, we can't just say "ohh this BNHA volume is selling 1 million because digital" when we don't have the numbers.
Not to mention that WSJ pays the author for pages they do. That would mean they wouldn't pay them during these "breaks".Nah, for me should just stay like always, i don't have any problem with that and i doubt that many of the authors have too, isn't like SJ is making authors work to death and the fact that the vast majority of series never have a break due to sickness it's a sign that most of them works fine with the schedule.