Turn me on to phantoms

Stoicism


  • Total voters
    23

gnut

Registered User
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Apr 19, 2010
Messages
11,490
Reaction score
18,519
Age
52
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Didn't know you read NnT Gee:garEZ
 

Kiki

MIRAXUS FOREVER
九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000!
Mangahelper
Joined
Aug 23, 2015
Messages
9,668
Reaction score
31,978
Age
33
Gender
Male
Country
Fairy Tail
Roses need a lot of sun but afternoon shade. They also like consistent moisture, but I would avoid watering them if it's not going to be a sunny day.

I'm not sure about baby blue eyes tbh. They're a wildflower, but seem to be a native west coast thing. Not sure how ideal they would be for where you live.

The problem with Forget me nots is that certain kinds can take over gardens really quickly and are really difficult to get rid of if you want to start over.
why thanks :uguu

hmm I see I see :hmm taking over gardens really quickly and difficult to get rid of? 😱 how do they mainly reproduce? by seeds, or..shoots?

***
how about growing plants in a bedroom? what's recommended? I sorta wanna grow lavender to repel mosquitoes but are they able to grow in indoor environments?
 

xi0

あの術
最終形態 / Saishuu Keitai / Final Form
Administrator
Joined
Feb 3, 2006
Messages
65,183
Reaction score
30,232
Gender
Male
Country
Pyke
No only this thread, though haven‘t opened many threads since it got back online. Though was a funny forum threads interaction, in a way.
It happened in OP too apparently. Likely some mismatched info with posts that no longer existed, I guess.

Didn't know you read NnT Gee:garEZ
I guess I just wanted Escanor-senpai to notice me :gnut

why thanks :uguu

hmm I see I see :hmm taking over gardens really quickly and difficult to get rid of? 😱 how do they mainly reproduce? by seeds, or..shoots?

***
how about growing plants in a bedroom? what's recommended? I sorta wanna grow lavender to repel mosquitoes but are they able to grow in indoor environments?
Like I said, it depends on the variety. Some have underground runners, so even if the plant is dead it'll come back. The name "forget me not" is not an accident.

I guess having a container that's the right size for the plant, otherwise watering it might be an issue since moisture won't be absorbed. You can definitely grow lavender indoors though, just needs a sunny window.
 

Kiki

MIRAXUS FOREVER
九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000!
Mangahelper
Joined
Aug 23, 2015
Messages
9,668
Reaction score
31,978
Age
33
Gender
Male
Country
Fairy Tail
chotto matte...
I'm not sure about baby blue eyes tbh. They're a wildflower, but seem to be a native west coast thing. Not sure how ideal they would be for where you live.
by "native" you mean they are endemic? what kind of area can they mostly grow on? coasts (as in shore/hotter areas) or highlands/mountains? :?bunny I live in a coastal area

Like I said, it depends on the variety. Some have underground runners, so even if the plant is dead it'll come back. The name "forget me not" is not an accident.
😮 true. which variety is the most tame?

I guess having a container that's the right size for the plant, otherwise watering it might be an issue since moisture won't be absorbed. You can definitely grow lavender indoors though, just needs a sunny window.
ah ok ok. I have two, and they are big enough
 

xi0

あの術
最終形態 / Saishuu Keitai / Final Form
Administrator
Joined
Feb 3, 2006
Messages
65,183
Reaction score
30,232
Gender
Male
Country
Pyke
by "native" you mean they are endemic? what kind of area can they mostly grow on? coasts (as in shore/hotter areas) or highlands/mountains? :?bunny I live in a coastal area
No, I just mean they seem to grow in coastal/arid places. Doesn't mean they can't grow elsewhere, just that I'm not familiar with them.

😮 true. which variety is the most tame?
That I don't know, probably a perennial.

ah ok ok. I have two, and they are big enough
You don't want them too big, otherwise the soil remains wet
 

Kiki

MIRAXUS FOREVER
九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000!
Mangahelper
Joined
Aug 23, 2015
Messages
9,668
Reaction score
31,978
Age
33
Gender
Male
Country
Fairy Tail
oh..... I hope they can grow here :wtf

ah no I mean the windows :D
 

Copy Panda

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Mar 1, 2015
Messages
4,539
Reaction score
21,808
Gender
Female
Country
China
NNT and TPN have turned into hot garbage and Im sad
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

Wait this isn't the win thread wtf
 

Kiki

MIRAXUS FOREVER
九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000!
Mangahelper
Joined
Aug 23, 2015
Messages
9,668
Reaction score
31,978
Age
33
Gender
Male
Country
Fairy Tail
are these names same species?
- rough horsetail
- scouring rush
- Equisetum hyemale
- horsetail bamboo
- bamboo grass

damn they look same to me. how come they have so many names @.@
 

xi0

あの術
最終形態 / Saishuu Keitai / Final Form
Administrator
Joined
Feb 3, 2006
Messages
65,183
Reaction score
30,232
Gender
Male
Country
Pyke
Wait this isn't the win thread wtf
What gave it away?
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

are these names same species?
- rough horsetail
- scouring rush
- Equisetum hyemale
- horsetail bamboo
- bamboo grass

damn they look same to me. how come they have so many names @.@
Seems like Rough horsetail and scouring rush are both Equisetum hyemale. Just that scouring rush is a subspecies. I think "horsetail bamboo" is referring to them looking like bamboo, so probably the same too. Not sure what you mean by bamboo grass though.
 

Kiki

MIRAXUS FOREVER
九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000!
Mangahelper
Joined
Aug 23, 2015
Messages
9,668
Reaction score
31,978
Age
33
Gender
Male
Country
Fairy Tail
Ah okay thanks. I got them from googling and confused haha.

I think I will have them. 🤔 mom also likes them
 

xi0

あの術
最終形態 / Saishuu Keitai / Final Form
Administrator
Joined
Feb 3, 2006
Messages
65,183
Reaction score
30,232
Gender
Male
Country
Pyke
Ah okay thanks. I got them from googling and confused haha.

I think I will have them. 🤔 mom also likes them
It's a lot like bamboo, in that it'll spread and grow very quickly. Mostly people use stuff like this to form barriers or for privacy. I wouldn't put them in the middle of a garden as they can become a nuisance.
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

Ornamental grass, like varieties of miscanthus are popular around here for that sort of thing too.
 

Kiki

MIRAXUS FOREVER
九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000!
Mangahelper
Joined
Aug 23, 2015
Messages
9,668
Reaction score
31,978
Age
33
Gender
Male
Country
Fairy Tail
It's a lot like bamboo, in that it'll spread and grow very quickly. Mostly people use stuff like this to form barriers or for privacy. I wouldn't put them in the middle of a garden as they can become a nuisance.
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

Ornamental grass, like varieties of miscanthus are popular around here for that sort of thing too.
ah yes, I bumped into a Q&A page about it yesterday

putting them in a cube container can be helpful, it looks pretty too. aesthetic. do they need a lot of water? mosquitoes would be troublesome :(


miscanthus ka..... I will consider it.. 🤔
 

xi0

あの術
最終形態 / Saishuu Keitai / Final Form
Administrator
Joined
Feb 3, 2006
Messages
65,183
Reaction score
30,232
Gender
Male
Country
Pyke
I think your worry shouldn't be to water them, it should be whether they take all of the water from anything planted with them. But if you're putting them in a separate container maybe it won't matter.
 

Kiki

MIRAXUS FOREVER
九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000!
Mangahelper
Joined
Aug 23, 2015
Messages
9,668
Reaction score
31,978
Age
33
Gender
Male
Country
Fairy Tail
so I bought morning glory and cosmos 😶
 

Kiki

MIRAXUS FOREVER
九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000!
Mangahelper
Joined
Aug 23, 2015
Messages
9,668
Reaction score
31,978
Age
33
Gender
Male
Country
Fairy Tail
What kind of morning glory?

Where you planting them?
tall mix one. haven't planted them yet :p any recs?
 

xi0

あの術
最終形態 / Saishuu Keitai / Final Form
Administrator
Joined
Feb 3, 2006
Messages
65,183
Reaction score
30,232
Gender
Male
Country
Pyke
tall mix one. haven't planted them yet :p any recs?
Ah, so the vine type. Well, you can grow them in a lot of interesting places actually. Not sure the maintenance on that sort of thing though, compared to the ground.
 

Kiki

MIRAXUS FOREVER
九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000!
Mangahelper
Joined
Aug 23, 2015
Messages
9,668
Reaction score
31,978
Age
33
Gender
Male
Country
Fairy Tail
Ah, so the vine type. Well, you can grow them in a lot of interesting places actually. Not sure the maintenance on that sort of thing though, compared to the ground.
there is non-vine type?! I thought all members of Ipomoea genus were vine 😮
 

xi0

あの術
最終形態 / Saishuu Keitai / Final Form
Administrator
Joined
Feb 3, 2006
Messages
65,183
Reaction score
30,232
Gender
Male
Country
Pyke
there is non-vine type?! I thought all members of Ipomoea genus were vine 😮
Ipomoea is only one type of morning glory. I guess it's the most popular though so it might be a bit of a moot point.
 

Kiki

MIRAXUS FOREVER
九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000!
Mangahelper
Joined
Aug 23, 2015
Messages
9,668
Reaction score
31,978
Age
33
Gender
Male
Country
Fairy Tail
Ipomoea is only one type of morning glory. I guess it's the most popular though so it might be a bit of a moot point.

ah right................
didnt know about it... I thought morning glory term belonged to Ipomoea genus.. turns out it's just a group of many species with different genus
 
Top