Mag Talk Weekly Shonen Jump [2019] - Discussion and TOC Talk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Koni

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jan 24, 2019
Messages
2,002
Reaction score
4,934
Age
27
Country
United States
Issue 45: I recall MHA
Issue 46: One Piece
Issue 47: Haikyuu
Issue 48: Neverland
Issue 49: MHA

Since is obvious One Piece is getting a break in issue 50, what title will be getting the break in issue 51? Betting on Black Clover
Pulling this back because I wanted to know what the rotation has been.

I checked TOC for past issues, and it seems like HeroAca had a break on Issue 43. Then nothing was on break in Issues 44 and 45. I may be wrong on this, but that’s what I’ve seen.
This means that if there’s a new break slot rotation, it must’ve been a recent thing, methinks. As many said, the highest selling series are the ones that go on break, so time will tell if (or when, lets be real) Kimetsu will join them.

Also, I find that there’s quite a few Jump+ promotional chapters now since Issue 44:
Spy x Family (the second one)
Summer Time Rendering
2.5D Seduction
Mato Seihei no Slave

I’m wondering if they’ll do this every time Jump+ has a relatively new manga that’s keeping itself afloat.
 

Mankichi Togawa

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Jun 26, 2014
Messages
5,553
Reaction score
15,721
Gender
Male
Country
Spain
Pulling this back because I wanted to know what the rotation has been.

I checked TOC for past issues, and it seems like HeroAca had a break on Issue 43. Then nothing was on break in Issues 44 and 45. I may be wrong on this, but that’s what I’ve seen.
This means that if there’s a new break slot rotation, it must’ve been a recent thing, methinks. As many said, the highest selling series are the ones that go on break, so time will tell if (or when, lets be real) Kimetsu will join them.

Also, I find that there’s quite a few Jump+ promotional chapters now since Issue 44:
Spy x Family (the second one)
Summer Time Rendering
2.5D Seduction
Mato Seihei no Slave

I’m wondering if they’ll do this every time Jump+ has a relatively new manga that’s keeping itself afloat.
Also, Torture Princess
 

Jovan

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Dec 20, 2018
Messages
2,245
Reaction score
5,772
Age
29
Country
United States
Arata Primal is the one I could see for Shonen Jump+ promotion, though it seems it may be axed soon, it's rushing and it seemingly goes towards the end unless the mangaka(s) serve a sudden twist. It also resolved what the Chapter 1 Color Page showed.

It could end in the next chapter, which would fill out Vol 4 that is supposed to be out in December.
 
Last edited:

Koni

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jan 24, 2019
Messages
2,002
Reaction score
4,934
Age
27
Country
United States
Also, Torture Princess
That was Issue 41, but yeah, still. Lots of Jump+ promotion.

I also realized Summertime Rendering isn’t exactly new, so it could be any Jump+ manga, just as long as it’s treading water. I wonder if these special chapters help, so we’ll see in the case of Slave.
Perhaps World’s End Harem? Aharen-San? Maybe Donsako Gyaru to promote Volume 1? Saotome Shinmai? Jigokuraku? Quite a few possibilities.
 

Jovan

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Dec 20, 2018
Messages
2,245
Reaction score
5,772
Age
29
Country
United States
That was Issue 41, but yeah, still. Lots of Jump+ promotion.

I also realized Summertime Rendering isn’t exactly new, so it could be any Jump+ manga, just as long as it’s treading water. I wonder if these special chapters help, so we’ll see in the case of Slave.
Perhaps World’s End Harem? Aharen-San? Maybe Donsako Gyaru to promote Volume 1? Saotome Shinmai? Jigokuraku? Quite a few possibilities.
Yeah, I think Dosanko may get the promo. Aharen-san also fits like a glove for the promotion.
 

xAsum0x

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Dec 4, 2014
Messages
1,763
Reaction score
1,582
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Wonder what the secret Jump Festa panel is
 

TxxT

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Aug 30, 2018
Messages
563
Reaction score
2,476
Country
Japan
Wonder what the secret Jump Festa panel is
Betting on Gintama since it has an upcoming movie, if not it can possibly be WNL or another Jump SQ series
 

NeeNeen

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Mar 2, 2012
Messages
1,056
Reaction score
1,218
Country
United Nations
It's been a while since we heard anything from Dragon Ball as well. There are rumours about a new movie there too.
 

Nemesis

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Mar 26, 2013
Messages
1,706
Reaction score
1,826
Age
32
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil
Wonder what the secret Jump Festa panel is
Psyren! But seriously, it can be anything lol

That was Issue 41, but yeah, still. Lots of Jump+ promotion.

I also realized Summertime Rendering isn’t exactly new, so it could be any Jump+ manga, just as long as it’s treading water. I wonder if these special chapters help, so we’ll see in the case of Slave.
Perhaps World’s End Harem? Aharen-San? Maybe Donsako Gyaru to promote Volume 1? Saotome Shinmai? Jigokuraku? Quite a few possibilities.
Saotome also appeared on WSJ with Yunna in the past in a special chapter. But yeah, the editorial is really pushing some Jump+ manga on WSJ itself lately with them, which I think it'll continue.
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

It's been a while since we heard anything from Dragon Ball as well. There are rumours about a new movie there too.
The new movie was confirmed already afaik. If something is announced, it'll be a new series or at the very least more details for the movie.
 

Aipom626

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Oct 5, 2017
Messages
2,267
Reaction score
1,829
Country
United States
Weekly Shonen Jump Issue #48:
Dr. STONE (Cover & LCP)
Dr. STONE reboot: Byakuya (Spin-Off)
One Piece
Demon Slayer: Kimetsu no Yaiba
My Hero Academia (Break Next Issue)
Haikyu!! (CP)
Jujutsu Kaisen
We Never Learn
Mitama Security: Spirit Busters
Black Clover
Tokyo Grind Horror Channel (One-Shot, CP)
Yuuna and the Haunted Hot Springs (CP)
Mission: Yozakura Family
Chainsaw Man
ACT-AGE
Yui Kamio Lets Loose
Double Taisei
Samurai 8: The Tale of Hachimaru
Tokyo Shinobi Squad
Beast Children
Weekly Shonen Jump Issue #49:
Cover & LCP: ACT-AGE
CP: We Never Learn, Mato Seihei no Slave (Special Chapter, 32p)
Comedy One-Shot (15p)



Double Taisei passing up Samurai 8 even though entirely meaningless, always brings a small smile to my face. Honestly, Double Taisei definitely didn't seem like the chapter in Issue 49 was going to be the last one, so I guess it'll be there until at least Issue 50. I still have my fingers crossed that they'll end Beast Children and/or TSS first, even though they never seem to cancel stuff out of order.
 

Thores

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Jul 18, 2019
Messages
255
Reaction score
865
Age
39
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Double Taisei passing up Samurai 8 even though entirely meaningless, always brings a small smile to my face. Honestly, Double Taisei definitely didn't seem like the chapter in Issue 49 was going to be the last one, so I guess it'll be there until at least Issue 50. I still have my fingers crossed that they'll end Beast Children and/or TSS first, even though they never seem to cancel stuff out of order.
As far as I can tell, the last time a same-batch axe has happened out of order was 2010. Metallica Metalluca started an issue before Shonen Shikku, but got to end an issue after Shonen Shikku's axe.

So the occurrence is definitely rare to say the least, but at least it's not unprecedented.
 

Mammo

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Mar 20, 2015
Messages
4,755
Reaction score
8,897
Gender
Male
Country
Holy Britannian Empire
well, they added a new series preview on jump plus, but surprisingly it's not the already leaked new series by Bye bye Jinrui author




it's by Yuu Aoki and Ryou Nishino, the duo behind this oneshot


I can totally see this on MangaPlus, even its artsyle is very similar to SxF
 

Thores

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Jul 18, 2019
Messages
255
Reaction score
865
Age
39
Gender
Male
Country
United States
well, they added a new series preview on jump plus, but surprisingly it's not the already leaked new series by Bye bye Jinrui author




it's by Yuu Aoki and Ryou Nishino, the duo behind this oneshot


I can totally see this on MangaPlus, even its artsyle is very similar to SxF
Oh dang. I like the character designs and the vibe it gives off. Really hope we see this on Manga+!
 

Jovan

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Dec 20, 2018
Messages
2,245
Reaction score
5,772
Age
29
Country
United States
well, they added a new series preview on jump plus, but surprisingly it's not the already leaked new series by Bye bye Jinrui author




it's by Yuu Aoki and Ryou Nishino, the duo behind this oneshot


I can totally see this on MangaPlus, even its artsyle is very similar to SxF
There is a number 5 in the key art below the date, is it a 5 chapters miniseries? If so, MangaPlus is not going to touch this.
 

Mammo

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Mar 20, 2015
Messages
4,755
Reaction score
8,897
Gender
Male
Country
Holy Britannian Empire
oh, yeah, it's a mini series, i didn't even notice that part

welp, here goes the mangaplus dream
 

vinceled

Translator
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Aug 2, 2012
Messages
1,185
Reaction score
992
Age
36
Gender
Male
Country
France
There is a number 5 in the key art below the date, is it a 5 chapters miniseries? If so, MangaPlus is not going to touch this.
Yep, 5 chapters miniseries.
 

NeeNeen

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Mar 2, 2012
Messages
1,056
Reaction score
1,218
Country
United Nations
The rumours guide is also very interesting.



I can't count the number of times I've used it to argue that, no, Toriyama does not hate Vegeta and he never said that. People seem really hung up on that one.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top