Discussion Characters who should/should've died

SirSamuel016

The One True Salt King
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Feb 1, 2015
Messages
5,844
Reaction score
16,835
Gender
Male
Country
Australia
Discuss Characters you would like to die in the future of the series or characters that should've died in past arcs.
I'll start it off with my list of who I'd like to see die:
- Gray
- Makarov
- Erza
- Lucy
- Cana
- Minerva
 

MangerDan

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Apr 7, 2015
Messages
1,369
Reaction score
1,433
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Makarov, gildarts, other two old guys
 

Mangang

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Feb 23, 2015
Messages
624
Reaction score
40
Age
34
Gender
Male
Country
India
When people ask who should have died in FT, only character that come in mind is Natsu:derp
 

Holt

#1 Ranker
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Global Moderator
Joined
Aug 6, 2014
Messages
8,036
Reaction score
8,331
Gender
Male
Country
Nigeria
If I was to say anyone, it'd be Makarov since he's been around for a long time and all. Not like he deserves to die or anything but if there was going to be one, it'd be him imo. Asides from him, I honestly can't see any other death that would serve to bolster the story. Well there's Macao and Wakaba who are pretty old and could possibly be sacrificed but it hardly does anything to the story.
 

XXEliteXXAceXX

MH Senpai
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Sep 1, 2015
Messages
2,099
Reaction score
3,100
Gender
Male
Country
United States
If you are talking about which Fairy Tail character should've died as in who I want to die, then I have no opinion on this topic. However, if you are talking about who should've died due to the storyline of Fairy Tail, then it would be:

Makarov Dreyar in the Phantom Arc when Aria drained his magical power as he confronted the false image of Jose Porla. It was a little unrealistic for Makarov to survive that surprise attack especially in that condition. However, since Makarov did survive that event, he also could have died when he had some sort of heart attack in the Fantasia Parade Arc due to his anger towards Laxus.

Gildarts Clive in the Edolas Arc. His encounter with Acnologia should've been a guaranteed death for him. However, because he sustained critical damage from Acnologia. I'll give it to him that he survives this.

Laxus Dreyar in Tartaros Arc when he absorbed Tempesta's magical barrier particles. With that amount of damage that the mist can inflict on other mages and the area it covered, Laxus should've easily died at the spot. It killed over 100 mages and can spread throughout the whole town. Such magic at that extent can easily kill a mage either through magic deficiency or illness.

All of the Main Fairy Tail Characters in Tenrou Island Arc. When Acnologia appeared, it should have been an immediate death for the Fairy Tail wizards. The island sunk and every life form within the radius of that island was literally obliterated. I understand Mavis' Fairy Sphere protected them which is one of the the three Fairy Tail Ultimate Spells; however, it was so unrealistic and never should have happened. This is a totally different topic though, so I'll just leave it was that.
 
Last edited:

Dranzer

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Feb 11, 2015
Messages
614
Reaction score
486
Gender
Male
Country
Australia
Which characters I feel like should die:
-Makarov Because I feel like he has escaped death for far too long.
-Gray Because I think that it would trigger a lot of emotion for Fairy Tail
-Minerva Gives a reason for Sabertooth to go badass:derp
-Wakaba/Macao/Both Because they are always talking about how old they are...
 

DarkSoulz

Registered User
下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Joined
Dec 5, 2015
Messages
80
Reaction score
192
Gender
Male
Country
United Kingdom
Here you can discuss characters that are likely to die before the end of the series. Please explain why you think they will die

1) Makarov, I guess this is a no brainer I feel like he has survived the worst situations in the series (Fought Acnologia 1 on 1 for a breif second on Tenrou Island when God Serena was one shotted). Also he has chosen Gildartz and Erza as the new guild masters which can be some kind of foreshadowing of his death.

2) Happy, It's hard to explain and personally I don't want him to die but since the war I've had this gut feeling that he will die which will be a trigger for E.N.D to awake.
 

Laxus chan-yo

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Mar 12, 2016
Messages
590
Reaction score
2,635
Age
36
Country
Abu Dhabi
Haha Makarov dying that's a good one. That stubborn old bat will infest us with his presence somehow even after the manga is over.

If I had to take a guess at a FT member dying it would be one of the useless fodder like Romeo's dad.
 

DemonKing888

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jul 17, 2013
Messages
1,202
Reaction score
1,152
Age
38
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Lisanna....in a kitchen where she belongs.....Yes that's right I want that useless girl who's only role in this manga which is fan-service to die in a kitchen.....
 

Solitrine

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Apr 17, 2016
Messages
369
Reaction score
1,425
Age
28
Country
Australia
Acnologia is the only character that I feel like will die. Doubt any major main characters or side characters will die.
 

Char

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Apr 9, 2016
Messages
689
Reaction score
1,963
Age
33
Country
Spain
Many characters may potentially die. I know Mashima is not fond of killing but as a matter of fact some are necessarily bound to in order for this war to make sense,
especially now that there's 1 full army of proxy wahls (comparable to S-class mages) + the 12 + likely Fairy Heart (if they attain it).

Ofc, Acnologia will come and unwillingly 'help' FT since he'll likely decimate Zeref's army and it's likely he'll also decimate the Ishgar's forces in a way, since he's no-one's friend.

I think the characters with the highest chance to die are Makarov, Gray, Lily, Erza, Natsu (to turn into end), Laxus, Glidartz (if he reappears), Jellal, anyone from CS, BP, ST, LS. Any other FT character except for Lucy is also subject to dying. I don't see Happy dying either although the possibility is there.

I don't think it'd make much sense for Mirajane or Gajeel to 'die' (again) because the shock wouldn't be as big.
 

Vici

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Dec 28, 2015
Messages
3,413
Reaction score
16,901
Gender
Female
Country
Pyke
-Deaths that may occur (Yes I know deaths in FT :P) : Kagura,Gajeel,Makarov
I will stick to my prediction since to war started :blush
Even if Hiro didn't make my prediction about Gajeel to become reality ( :whistle) and Makarov will probably will live naturally longer than younger generation :yodawgSo only one name remains on my list :sad:err

anyone from CS, BP, ST, LS.
MH is safe :yay:fan
 
Last edited:

Natsufan30

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Jun 11, 2016
Messages
141
Reaction score
175
Age
40
Country
Australia
Natsu has a pretty high chance but in order to resurrect him back to life as END. The rest of Team Natsu HA yah no.

Gajeel already pretty much died but was brought back to life, so that's a no go.

The old man dying to sacrifice his life for his Guide or Natsu for preventing him to transform into END would be good, let's face it, he should have died along time ago plus that would do the opposite affect, that'd piss off Natsu.

Glidarts is another one pretty high on the list in my opinion, he's a father type figure to Natsu, I'm sure if Zeref saw how close they were he'd want to take him out.

Basically any one close to Natsu, I don't see Lucy dying but I do see Zeref tour tarring her in order to release END.
 

Janard

Registered User
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
Mar 1, 2013
Messages
26
Reaction score
62
Gender
Male
Country
Singapore
Should Have Died:

1) Makarov - As many above have pointed out, Makarov's encounter (one-sided battle) with Acnologia should have ended with his death. I felt the pseudo-sacrificial storyline (parent staying behind to ensure his kids survive) was written rather well... poignantly beautiful even. Moreover apart from his battle with Jose, Makarov hasn't shown himself to be Wizard Saint level or remotely useful in the subsequent arcs (powerless against Hades, Acnologia, Atlas Flame, Ajeel) so his primary role as a guardian seems like an overstretch now.

2) Gajeel - Once again, I think that it would have been much more convincing if Gajeel's death was the price to pay for defeating Bradman, a Spriggan-level opponent. But then again, it seems that Bradman is back too so I guess... whatever.

Should/Can Die:

1) Elfman - Aside from his romance with Evergreen, I see absolutely no value in keeping Elfman alive. His strength is probably a 60/100 at best. With the existence of numerous male powerhouses such as Natsu, Laxus, Gildars, Gray and Gajeel within the guild, Elfman will almost never get a chance to shine. Furthermore, his magic is of little tactical value nor is it unique compared to Freed (Justu barrier), Bixlow (possession/manipulation) and even Warren (telepathy/communication).

2) Gildarts - If Mashima regrets creating an OP character like Gildarts and thus renders him invisible/away throughout 7/8 of the entire series, then perhaps Gildarts should get one major role and die in the process so that fans would stop pining after him to appear and save the day (that's Natsu's role let's face it).

3) Lisanna - No explanation needed.
 

Ebony Maw

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
May 8, 2016
Messages
1,995
Reaction score
8,124
Gender
Male
Country
Sabertooth
I'll just list my characters that I think should die, listing who should of died would be too long lol.

1) Erza - Imagine how horrendous it would be for the FT guild if a top mage/friend like Erza was killed, it could trigger E.N.D (If he needs a trigger) and would be a hard blow to readers because we're so use to her always being fine at the end. (Would have to happen after Irene drama)

2) Makarov - The guy has escaped death way too much, I actually head canon that the S12 heard Makarov was in the North and that's why they sent Bradman and Larcade there. Besides his entire guardian thing, while touching at first, is starting to get annoying IMO.

3) Wakaba and Macao - This may seem like a bizarre choice but when you consider that they've been here since the start, one of them has a son and they're best friends, it would make for a heart crushing moment if they were executed/killed by the enemy in front of their friends.
 

Heeroaku

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Nov 14, 2007
Messages
220
Reaction score
141
Gender
Male
Country
United Kingdom
Lucy by Acnologia would be so shocking, it would be like 7 year old me watching Aeris die all over again (Really did Cry). plus it gives Zeref a chance to redeem himself as a big brother and allows him to get some payback against Ankhseram.
She's the last of her long family line and it'd devestate everyone enough to want her back.

Other are:
Eileen
Makarov
Gildarts
Angel
 
Last edited:

Kurumi Tokisaki

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
May 14, 2019
Messages
3,173
Reaction score
4,238
Age
29
Country
Sri Lanka
Who i want see dead,

1) Erza
2) Wendy
3) Natsu
 
Last edited:

Kouichi

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Sep 9, 2016
Messages
449
Reaction score
951
Country
Estonia
I want to see only Mirajane dead.
 

IamtherealMirajane

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Oct 6, 2019
Messages
514
Reaction score
728
Age
32
Country
Philippines
No one in the main and secondary characters should die.

I'm still hurt on what happened to Neji.
 
Top