Mag Talk Weekly Shonen Jump [2020] - Discussion and ToC Talk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shinuki no Reborn

Mangahelper
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Mangahelper
Joined
Jul 6, 2011
Messages
15,493
Reaction score
39,524
Age
34
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil
MANGAHELPERS "TOC" POLL ISSUE #51 - VOTING!​

The poll for issue #51 is now open, vote for your favorite chapters of the week clicking HERE!

Alongside the release of Sakamoto Days, the extra series this week are:

-Dragon Ball Super 66
-Boruto: Naruto Next Generations 52
-Ghost Reaper Girl 10


Good Votes!
 
Last edited:

Halloween

Formerly Buranchi
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Nov 20, 2013
Messages
2,545
Reaction score
6,845
Age
40
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Moderator Notice:
Henceforth, I will be deleting posts that complain about Weekly Shonen Jump having too many/not enough gag/battle/exorcism/sports/etc series.

These posts are not insightful, and do not meaningfully contribute to this thread. Also, this decision is not up for discussion, so posts discussing this decision will also be deleted.~ Halloween
 
Last edited:

Ryuusei

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Sep 25, 2019
Messages
1,859
Reaction score
12,832
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil
呪 僕 O マ ブ S C D 破 C B 夜 C 僕 あ 灼 ぼ チ 高 ア 森 A 仄 ぼ 次号カラー ヒロアカ アンデラ 夜桜 約ネバ 道産子 GIGA 岸本先生が描くコラボポスター 爆豪クリアファイル
Jujutsu Kaisen (Cover & LCP)
My Hero Academia
One Piece
Mashle
Black Clover
Sakamoto Days (CP)
Dr. Stone
Magu-chan: God of Destruction (CP)
Build King
Mission: Yozakura Family
Me & Roboco
Ayakashi Triangle (CP)
Shakunetsu no Niraikanai
We Never Learn
Chainsaw Man
Koukousei Kazoku
Undead Unluck
Moriking
Agravity Boys
Honomieru Shounen
Bokura no Ketsumei

Issue #1
Cover & LCP: My Hero Academia
CP: Undead Unluck, Mission: Yozakura Family, The Promised Neverland, Dosanko Gyaru wa Namaramenkoi

GIGA Preview
Collab poster by Kishimoto
Bakugou clear file
 
Last edited:

iamnightwing

Registered User
下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Joined
Oct 6, 2019
Messages
98
Reaction score
193
Age
42
Country
Philippines
MHA actually sells really well in the US, it's probably going to sell over 600k over there this year.
Just to set a perspective, France sold roughly 16.6 million manga volumes there in 2018 which was a peak number. MHA alone sold 714k copies, while OP sold 1.2 million there. US has a long way to go in terms of how big the market is, but outside of Asia, I would assume France is the next most important market

 

wothab

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Nov 20, 2019
Messages
184
Reaction score
267
Age
32
Country
Brazil
I call (for the lack of a better word) bullshit, not because I dont like Mappa, rather because JJK doesnt seem to fit at all with Mappa and because Toho. Ready to eat crow otherwise

On an unrelated note, seeing Jigoraku vol 1 releasing on the west reminds me im still waiting for Chainsaw Man volume to get released
 
Last edited:

evielynn

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Jul 25, 2019
Messages
104
Reaction score
300
Age
26
Country
United Kingdom
I call (for the lack of a better word) bullshit, not because I dont like Mappa, rather because JJK doesnt seem to fit at all with Mappa

On an unrelated note, seeing Jigoraku vol 1 releasing on the west reminds me im still waiting for Chainsaw Man volume to get released
Also, have Mappa ever worked with Toho on a project? I wish Yonkou would just stop posting these random guesses lmao
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

Also, have Mappa ever worked with Toho on a project? I wish Yonkou would just stop posting these random guesses lmao
Looked it up, seems like Mappa's first partnership with Toho is next season's Dorohedoro. Still think it's pretty unlikely.
 

Tarot

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Dec 20, 2017
Messages
420
Reaction score
535
Country
Italy
It's MAPPA. Let's move on whether it's true or not and guess who would be best suited to direct it.
 

savethecat

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Aug 5, 2016
Messages
3,330
Reaction score
5,440
Age
33
Country
United States
Not saying that it’s confirmed to be MAPPA. But the whole “TOHO never worked with MAPPA before” and “it wouldn’t fit the studio” reasons aren’t solid reasonings.

Bones never made a Jump series before MHA
A1 never made a Jump series before Neverland.
Ufotable never made a Jump series before Demon Slayer
 

savethecat

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Aug 5, 2016
Messages
3,330
Reaction score
5,440
Age
33
Country
United States
Called it :D



MAPPA is working with TOHO next season on the Dorohedoro anime.
I’m aware, but ppl are still saying it’s unlikely because Dorohedoro is the only project they’re working on with MAPPA and they don’t have a history with MAPPA
 

RafGL

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Apr 4, 2019
Messages
1,007
Reaction score
5,867
Age
25
Gender
Male
Country
Spain
Not saying that it’s confirmed to be MAPPA. But the whole “TOHO never worked with MAPPA before” and “it wouldn’t fit the studio” reasons aren’t solid reasonings.

Bones never made a Jump series before MHA
A1 never made a Jump series before Neverland.
Ufotable never made a Jump series before Demon Slayer
My only reason is that believing a guy that stated OPM 2020, DBS July and additional characters in Jump Force (this one being said to be internal information) is not the best option I would choose, lol. Still, we should have an official confirmation at Festa.
 

savethecat

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Aug 5, 2016
Messages
3,330
Reaction score
5,440
Age
33
Country
United States
My only reason is that believing a guy that stated OPM 2020, DBS July and additional characters in Jump Force (this one being said to be internal information) is not the best option I would choose, lol. Still, we should have an official confirmation at Festa.
I’m not saying Yonkou should be taken as absolute fact.
Waiting for an official statement would be best.
However, to be fair, When he’s wrong, i don’t believe Yonkou just makes up info and pulls it out of his ass. He probably has a source he believed to be legit and trustful, but then it turns out his source wasn’t correct.

Here it seems like he just got the news from the Chinese website who stated the rumors. So as of now it should just be considered a rumor
 

wothab

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Nov 20, 2019
Messages
184
Reaction score
267
Age
32
Country
Brazil
I'm holding onto my hopes that the staff and schedule are good or that this is not right. MAPPA's latest stuff (with the excpetion of Dororo) have been pretty bad.
Isnt beastars a MAPPA production?
That one and houseki are/were solid iirc
 

lazybones1717

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Aug 27, 2018
Messages
281
Reaction score
1,404
Age
34
Country
United States
Isnt beastars a MAPPA production?
That one and houseki are/were solid iirc
Those are by Studio Orange. It would actually be pretty cool to have a Jump adaptation from them in the future though, their process for making anime is really interesting (and the results are great too).
 
Last edited:

savethecat

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Aug 5, 2016
Messages
3,330
Reaction score
5,440
Age
33
Country
United States
Last year I loved Banana Fish, and Zombie Land Saga From MAPPA. And this year I thought Dororo was great, while I heard great things about Sarazanmai.

Don’t get the talk about all of their recent works being awful and them being a bad choice.

I’d say Jujutsu Kaisen would be fine(depending on staff) if the Mappa news turns out true.
At the very least, it certainly could have a worst fate than MAPPA
 

Ryuusei

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Sep 25, 2019
Messages
1,859
Reaction score
12,832
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil
Last year I loved Banana Fish, and Zombie Land Saga From MAPPA. And this year I thought Dororo was great, while I heard great things about Sarazanmai.

Don’t get the talk about all of their recent works being awful and them being a bad choice.

I’d say Jujutsu Kaisen would be fine(depending on staff) if the Mappa news turns out true.
At the very least, it certainly could have a worst fate than MAPPA
I mean, BF wasn't exactly an action packed series and only 3 or 5 episodes of Sarazanmai were made by MAPPA.
 

Koni

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jan 24, 2019
Messages
2,002
Reaction score
4,934
Age
27
Country
United States
I mean, BF wasn't exactly an action packed series and only 3 or 5 episodes of Sarazanmai were made by MAPPA.
Actually, I think MAPPA basically had nothing to do with Sarazanmai, with basically all of the work coming from Lapin Track.

Could be wrong on that, but I risk going off topic.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top