Mag Talk Weekly Shonen Jump [2020] - Discussion and ToC Talk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shinuki no Reborn

Mangahelper
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Mangahelper
Joined
Jul 6, 2011
Messages
15,517
Reaction score
39,604
Age
34
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil
MANGAHELPERS "TOC" POLL ISSUE #51 - VOTING!​

The poll for issue #51 is now open, vote for your favorite chapters of the week clicking HERE!

Alongside the release of Sakamoto Days, the extra series this week are:

-Dragon Ball Super 66
-Boruto: Naruto Next Generations 52
-Ghost Reaper Girl 10


Good Votes!
 
Last edited:

Halloween

Formerly Buranchi
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Nov 20, 2013
Messages
2,545
Reaction score
6,845
Age
40
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Moderator Notice:
Henceforth, I will be deleting posts that complain about Weekly Shonen Jump having too many/not enough gag/battle/exorcism/sports/etc series.

These posts are not insightful, and do not meaningfully contribute to this thread. Also, this decision is not up for discussion, so posts discussing this decision will also be deleted.~ Halloween
 
Last edited:

Ryuusei

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Sep 25, 2019
Messages
1,859
Reaction score
12,832
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil
呪 僕 O マ ブ S C D 破 C B 夜 C 僕 あ 灼 ぼ チ 高 ア 森 A 仄 ぼ 次号カラー ヒロアカ アンデラ 夜桜 約ネバ 道産子 GIGA 岸本先生が描くコラボポスター 爆豪クリアファイル
Jujutsu Kaisen (Cover & LCP)
My Hero Academia
One Piece
Mashle
Black Clover
Sakamoto Days (CP)
Dr. Stone
Magu-chan: God of Destruction (CP)
Build King
Mission: Yozakura Family
Me & Roboco
Ayakashi Triangle (CP)
Shakunetsu no Niraikanai
We Never Learn
Chainsaw Man
Koukousei Kazoku
Undead Unluck
Moriking
Agravity Boys
Honomieru Shounen
Bokura no Ketsumei

Issue #1
Cover & LCP: My Hero Academia
CP: Undead Unluck, Mission: Yozakura Family, The Promised Neverland, Dosanko Gyaru wa Namaramenkoi

GIGA Preview
Collab poster by Kishimoto
Bakugou clear file
 
Last edited:

WyldViolet

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Oct 25, 2012
Messages
4,108
Reaction score
5,856
Age
33
Country
United States
Guys, let's not turn the thread into a YouTuber bash-fest.

You've all made your point, let's move on.



If I'm being honest, before I was familiar with the series, I was the same way. It wasn't until I actually tried the series that I came around to it. But yeah, there was a time when I was hyper-defensive of Bleach. I used to argue with Naruto and One Piece fans all the time because of it.
Many fans are like that during adolescence/adult teen years. I used to be the WORST kind of Hunter x Hunter fanboy. Many grow out of that mindset, however I find I have this somewhat irrational hatred towards those who haven't. Likely because it reminds me of myself in my younger years and makes me cringe.
 

Tamil

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Apr 12, 2016
Messages
4,125
Reaction score
5,841
Country
Winterfell
Wait, what? What's the source on this?
As someone mentioned, some of the sakuga community have contacts within the industry. He and another popular sakuga member mentioned JJK's studio being MAPPA in advance (at the same time as Yonkou iirc). I dont see it being 100% factual but I see it likely to happen imo.
 

Ryuusei

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Sep 25, 2019
Messages
1,859
Reaction score
12,832
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil
Also, I'm really out of the loop with this, but what exactly is the "sakuga community"?
People that are passionate about the makings of anime. Some of them only have a great knowledge about animation and are aspirings animators (some even manage to work on some projects), but some of them also have contacts in the industry. The most well known one is kViN, he runs Sakuga Blog.
 

OtterBrigade

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Apr 2, 2018
Messages
2,112
Reaction score
3,057
Age
33
Country
Canada
Ehh, given already the controversy Twitter generated with Yuuna's latest Color Page, I highly doubt it would not generate debate. Anyway, nothing we can do about that.
as far as I'm aware Crunchyroll had no controversy with the anime and I'm sure they have a much larger audience
 

Halloween

Formerly Buranchi
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Nov 20, 2013
Messages
2,545
Reaction score
6,845
Age
40
Gender
Male
Country
United States
For the sake of argument, let's assume this rumor is correct, and aniplex actually did "buy Bleach."

What are the implications? Does that only include the anime rights, or the manga as well? Assuming it's total ownership (anime and manga), what would aniplex even need with manga rights for?
 

pamuchi

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jul 31, 2019
Messages
1,202
Reaction score
3,654
Age
29
Gender
Female
Country
Mexico
Also, I'm really out of the loop with this, but what exactly is the "sakuga community"?
I follow them since they give detailed info about an animator/staff or an anime scene. About the aniplex thing, its the first time I've seen him giving that kind of info. So who knows, let's wait for further details.
 

yadayada

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jan 6, 2020
Messages
1,142
Reaction score
3,518
Age
35
Country
Fire Nation
For the sake of argument, let's assume this rumor is correct, and aniplex actually did "buy Bleach."

What are the implications? Does that only include the anime rights, or the manga as well? Assuming it's total ownership (anime and manga), what would aniplex even need with manga rights for?
The big implication is that studio and staff would be very, very likely to change. Whether this leads to a complete reboot or not remains to be seen, unlikely due to the amount of episodes that would be required though imo.
 

Ryuusei

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Sep 25, 2019
Messages
1,859
Reaction score
12,832
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil
For the sake of argument, let's assume this rumor is correct, and aniplex actually did "buy Bleach."

What are the implications? Does that only include the anime rights, or the manga as well? Assuming it's total ownership (anime and manga), what would aniplex even need with manga rights for?
I don't think the manga rights are included. However, if they were to buy the manga rights too, I can only assume it's to gather more profit. But when talking about the anime, it means new production committee, new studio, new tv station, basically everything anime related is new if they want to (even a complete new adaptation). It probably also gives them the rights to make events for the series, not to mention toys and games.
 

WyldViolet

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Oct 25, 2012
Messages
4,108
Reaction score
5,856
Age
33
Country
United States
For the sake of argument, let's assume this rumor is correct, and aniplex actually did "buy Bleach."

What are the implications? Does that only include the anime rights, or the manga as well? Assuming it's total ownership (anime and manga), what would aniplex even need with manga rights for?
Probably just anime and game rights.
Aniplex doesn't publish manga, or produce live-action films. I'd assume the manga rights stay with Shueshia and the live action rights with WB.

However, this makes me excited for the now very real possibility of a super stylistic Bleach adaptation I was hoping for a few days back.
 

OtterBrigade

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Apr 2, 2018
Messages
2,112
Reaction score
3,057
Age
33
Country
Canada
For the sake of argument, let's assume this rumor is correct, and aniplex actually did "buy Bleach."

What are the implications? Does that only include the anime rights, or the manga as well? Assuming it's total ownership (anime and manga), what would aniplex even need with manga rights for?
would probably just be anime rights. In general I don't think Aniplex really does long running stuff that's not split so we'd probably get 26 episodes at a time max (if it is to make new anime). Unless Viz's contract still covers new stuff with a new committee Aniplex of America would likely license it here which would mean Rightstuff exclusive expensive BDs and Funimation/Wakanim/Anime Lab 1 month exclusive streaming. Both Viz and Aniplex use Bang Zoom to dub so I don't think dub cast would be impacted.
 

TxxT

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Aug 30, 2018
Messages
563
Reaction score
2,476
Country
Japan

WyldViolet

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Oct 25, 2012
Messages
4,108
Reaction score
5,856
Age
33
Country
United States
The big implication is that studio and staff would be very, very likely to change. Whether this leads to a complete reboot or not remains to be seen, unlikely due to the amount of episodes that would be required though imo.
You could easily do a volume an episode later in the series without it feeling too rushed. I'm not even exaggerating.
The manga has lightning fast pacing that really was slowed down in the anime. It would often adapt 3-4 chapters an episode and STILL feel slow.
 
Last edited:

Halloween

Formerly Buranchi
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Nov 20, 2013
Messages
2,545
Reaction score
6,845
Age
40
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Aniplex buying the rights to Bleach isn't even really a surprise considering they've always been involved with Bleach in someway
It's a surprise in the fact that they're choosing NOW to do it. I feel this would have made more sense years ago.

I guess they felt it took a few years being under the radar to bring it back. I just hope Toriko gets similar treatment, but I doubt that'll ever happen.
 

Ryuusei

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Sep 25, 2019
Messages
1,859
Reaction score
12,832
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil
The good part about this is that Bleach might escape the hands of Pierrot. The more I read about the situation within the studio right now, the more I despise the committee and the studio itself. Seriously, BC's production team is in a really dire situation and I don't wish that to any other team. Actually, I hope they don't make a 4th season and just let the team rest because they deserve it. A sakubuta on twitter even said working in BC anime is worse than hell. Maybe they can come back later to finish the series, but as it is right now, the team is carrying production with their passions only but are exhausted and feeling dejected.
 
Last edited:

WyldViolet

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Oct 25, 2012
Messages
4,108
Reaction score
5,856
Age
33
Country
United States
It's a surprise in the fact that they're choosing NOW to do it. I feel this would have made more sense years ago.

I guess they felt it took a few years being under the radar to bring it back. I just hope Toriko gets similar treatment, but I doubt that'll ever happen.
Yeah, I'm still surprised we didn't get an adaptation of the final arc as promotion for the live-action movie. It seemed like the perfect time for it.
 

yadayada

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jan 6, 2020
Messages
1,142
Reaction score
3,518
Age
35
Country
Fire Nation
You could easily do a volume an episode later in the series without it feeling too rushed. I'm not even exaggerating.
The manga has lightning fast pacing that really was slowed down in the anime. Imagine Bleach with the energy of Redline.
1 volume per episode seems like a bit too much, even though i agree the bleach manga had pretty fast pacing

I think a good adaptation is wasted if they only do the mess that was the final arc tbh, but I don't really see aniplex doing 70+ episodes of bleach even assuming they do indeed go with your suggested 1volume/ep.

It's a surprise in the fact that they're choosing NOW to do it. I feel this would have made more sense years ago.

I guess they felt it took a few years being under the radar to bring it back. I just hope Toriko gets similar treatment, but I doubt that'll ever happen.
An explanation that I've seen thrown around a lot is that they waited for the license to expire, I don't know how much truth there is to it though.
 

101nemesis

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Aug 16, 2012
Messages
3,086
Reaction score
7,183
Age
35
Gender
Male
Country
India
Aniplex buying the rights to Bleach isn't even really a surprise considering they've always been involved with Bleach in someway
There is a big difference in being involved in some way and buying the IP rights altogether tho. It would be a surprise since it would entail change in studio, director, possibly VAs changing and everything else about the anime.
But I guess we can wait and see. Not saying thats a bad thing. Just it'll be a different kind of excitement.

I want the rumors about Bleach and its anime to be true, probably more than anyone else on this forum.

JamesHanson is the same dumbass that thought Bleach's low rankings was a result of Kubo sleeping with the EiC's wife lmao.

He got butthurt with Toriko taking over Bleach too.
Yeah. As a avid Bleach fan, I've been mislead early last decade by people like him.
I used to also be offended by Bleach's decline while Toriko rose (just like Buranchi) which changed when I read Toriko and stopped being offended about something I don't make or contribute to.
Remember even fighting with people on this very forum about it. Think Rica was one of them.

It's very easy to spread misinformation for clicks and likes. The fact that he doesn't take even own up to that and tries to put up a defense is what is laughable and should be criticized to the fullest.

Oh and he posted my comment now
Again, Jaymes (And I know you're reading this), the day you own up to the shitty clickbaity stuff you do and the nonsensical information you spread to gullible Bleach fans (the reason why I "DeTesT YoutUbeRS" like you) is the day you'll stop being a poor meme on this forum. You can post this again if you want on your famous twitter account. Don't care. *shrugs*
 

WyldViolet

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Oct 25, 2012
Messages
4,108
Reaction score
5,856
Age
33
Country
United States
1 volume per episode seems like a bit too much, even though i agree the bleach manga had pretty fast pacing

I think a good adaptation is wasted if they only do the mess that was the final arc tbh, but I don't really see aniplex doing 70+ episodes of bleach even assuming they do indeed go with your suggested 1volume/ep.



An explanation that I've seen thrown around a lot is that they waited for the license to expire, I don't know how much truth there is to it though.
They could always cut out, skim over, or move around stuff too like Ushio + Tora.
Not that they should, just that they could.

Also, remember Nanatsu no Taizai's terrible first season adapted 123 chapters in 24 episodes.
Magi season 1 adapted 115 chapters in 25 episodes.
Both are from A-1 which is a subsidiary of Aniplex.
 
Last edited:

101nemesis

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Aug 16, 2012
Messages
3,086
Reaction score
7,183
Age
35
Gender
Male
Country
India
It's a surprise in the fact that they're choosing NOW to do it. I feel this would have made more sense years ago.

I guess they felt it took a few years being under the radar to bring it back. I just hope Toriko gets similar treatment, but I doubt that'll ever happen.
Toriko does deserve another adaptation tho. Hopefully at some point in the future, that can happen. Lesser known series have gotten second adaptations years later. So never say never
 

yadayada

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jan 6, 2020
Messages
1,142
Reaction score
3,518
Age
35
Country
Fire Nation
The good part about this is that Bleach might escape the hands of Pierrot. The more I read about the situation within the studio right now, the more I despise the committee and the studio itself. Seriously, BC's production team is in a really dire situation and I don't wish that to any other team. Actually, I hope they don't make a 4th season and just let the team rest because they deserve it. A sakubuta on twitter even said working in BC anime is worse than hell. Maybe they can come back later to finish the series, but as it is right now, the team is carrying production with their passions only but are exhausted and feeling dejected.
Don't forget the part where you also get flamed by the community for not giving their series "justice", despite not being given the time or resources to do so in the first place.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top