Mag Talk Weekly Shonen Jump [2020] - Discussion and ToC Talk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shinuki no Reborn

Mangahelper
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Mangahelper
Joined
Jul 6, 2011
Messages
15,503
Reaction score
39,573
Age
34
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil
MANGAHELPERS "TOC" POLL ISSUE #51 - VOTING!​

The poll for issue #51 is now open, vote for your favorite chapters of the week clicking HERE!

Alongside the release of Sakamoto Days, the extra series this week are:

-Dragon Ball Super 66
-Boruto: Naruto Next Generations 52
-Ghost Reaper Girl 10


Good Votes!
 
Last edited:

Halloween

Formerly Buranchi
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Nov 20, 2013
Messages
2,545
Reaction score
6,845
Age
40
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Moderator Notice:
Henceforth, I will be deleting posts that complain about Weekly Shonen Jump having too many/not enough gag/battle/exorcism/sports/etc series.

These posts are not insightful, and do not meaningfully contribute to this thread. Also, this decision is not up for discussion, so posts discussing this decision will also be deleted.~ Halloween
 
Last edited:

Ryuusei

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Sep 25, 2019
Messages
1,859
Reaction score
12,832
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil
呪 僕 O マ ブ S C D 破 C B 夜 C 僕 あ 灼 ぼ チ 高 ア 森 A 仄 ぼ 次号カラー ヒロアカ アンデラ 夜桜 約ネバ 道産子 GIGA 岸本先生が描くコラボポスター 爆豪クリアファイル
Jujutsu Kaisen (Cover & LCP)
My Hero Academia
One Piece
Mashle
Black Clover
Sakamoto Days (CP)
Dr. Stone
Magu-chan: God of Destruction (CP)
Build King
Mission: Yozakura Family
Me & Roboco
Ayakashi Triangle (CP)
Shakunetsu no Niraikanai
We Never Learn
Chainsaw Man
Koukousei Kazoku
Undead Unluck
Moriking
Agravity Boys
Honomieru Shounen
Bokura no Ketsumei

Issue #1
Cover & LCP: My Hero Academia
CP: Undead Unluck, Mission: Yozakura Family, The Promised Neverland, Dosanko Gyaru wa Namaramenkoi

GIGA Preview
Collab poster by Kishimoto
Bakugou clear file
 
Last edited:

Felcis

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Jan 19, 2007
Messages
150
Reaction score
243
Age
39
Gender
Male
Country
Germany
Naw Fuji and Hori are definitely not friends lol. Both of them are already highly eccentric in ways that don't mesh well with people, I doubt multiplying that together would lead to social interactions between them
Hori is already known to be on good terms with Ashihara from WorldTrigger (see that one MHA volume extra he drew, apparently based on some joke between the two) who is at the very least known to have great humor and a love for references. I don't see why Fujimoto, who is obviously also a reference loving film buff, wouldn't mesh with him as well.
Though I think Horikoshi also just likes to do references, shoutouts and collabs in general. And his series is very well-suited for cool designs getting used as cameos.

As for the new series, I'd be glad if it was actually not a new comedy-/gag-series or even just light-hearted one for once. It seems like WSJ gets a ton of those recently (UU, Mashle, MYF, Mitama...).
 

pamuchi

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jul 31, 2019
Messages
1,202
Reaction score
3,654
Age
29
Gender
Female
Country
Mexico
Which authors do you think are friends? I think Wani and Tabata are good friends (I remember I read that Wani sent peaches to him and he thanked her).
 

WyldViolet

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Oct 25, 2012
Messages
4,108
Reaction score
5,856
Age
33
Country
United States
Which authors do you think are friends? I think Wani and Tabata are good friends (I remember I read that Wani sent peaches to him and he thanked her).
Oda and Shima.
Togashi and Kishimoto.
Both have talked about their respective friendships.
 

4Eyes

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Mar 26, 2015
Messages
403
Reaction score
649
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil
I remember once we had a diagram of author-assistants relationship in Jump. That's another way to speculate who might befriend who.
Does anyone know where I can find that? Is it updated?
 

DreamcastDazia

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Nov 23, 2019
Messages
792
Reaction score
628
Gender
Male
Country
England
Also, man, Jump is really banking on dark series with demons lately.
Literally thinking the same thing. Black Clover, Promised Neverland, Demon Slayer, Chainsaw Man and Jujutsu all have a main focus on demons. Now we got Witch Guardian
 

Serinox

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Dec 24, 2017
Messages
1,928
Reaction score
4,781
Country
Dragonstone
Though this has always been the case more or less. Yokai are a very popular part of Japanese folklore after all.
 

Maxy Barnard

Manga Editor
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Oct 15, 2006
Messages
3,233
Reaction score
1,618
Age
36
Gender
Male
Country
United Kingdom
I remember once we had a diagram of author-assistants relationship in Jump. That's another way to speculate who might befriend who.
Does anyone know where I can find that? Is it updated?

That’s me (well, KTR originated it and my pal Hugh did a huge amount of the work with author names, but still). Updating it a bit this weekend, hopefully, as we’ve got a buncha new connections to make.
 

Datu Mike

Registered User
下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Joined
Jun 21, 2018
Messages
74
Reaction score
75
Age
35
Gender
Male
Country
Philippines
Those f*ckers make a translation for One piece chapter 970 and they couldn't wait the official released but i'm still reading the official to support the creator. I feel betrayed but some goodwill are waiting for official released like me so it saddens me why are they are doing this and they were promised to support the official released :bored
 
Last edited:

Velx

Registered User
下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Joined
Jan 31, 2020
Messages
66
Reaction score
96
Age
29
Country
Ukraine
Which authors do you think are friends? I think Wani and Tabata are good friends (I remember I read that Wani sent peaches to him and he thanked her).
Inagaki with Oda, Kishi, Hori and many others
They're not in Jump now, but Shinohara and Yabuki are good friends since their wife are sisters
 

Datu Mike

Registered User
下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Joined
Jun 21, 2018
Messages
74
Reaction score
75
Age
35
Gender
Male
Country
Philippines
Sure, but they're definitely partially horror. However, you guys know what I mean. If horror isn't the correct term, then substitute the appropriate one.
It's more like Final destination movie but it wasn't a horror. People thought if it has gore/violence then it's considered horror. Juinji Ito for example like it had jumpscare moments but it wasn't much gore/violence enough like AOT.
 

Aeneas

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
May 17, 2019
Messages
1,814
Reaction score
3,995
Country
Italy

That’s me (well, KTR originated it and my pal Hugh did a huge amount of the work with author names, but still). Updating it a bit this weekend, hopefully, as we’ve got a buncha new connections to make.
Probably one you were planning to add, but Kaisen's author as an assistant to Yasuhiro Kano (Kiss x Death).

And speaking of Kano, cool to see Endo was an assistant for him. And crazy to see Kato was an assistant for Endo! Shows how long Endo's been working to get a successful series going (which he definitely did).
 

Tamil

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Apr 12, 2016
Messages
4,125
Reaction score
5,841
Country
Winterfell
Which authors do you think are friends? I think Wani and Tabata are good friends (I remember I read that Wani sent peaches to him and he thanked her).
Fujimoto & Kaku (creator of Jigokuraku). Kaku was an assistant for Fire Punch and they had an interview together.
 

Aeneas

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
May 17, 2019
Messages
1,814
Reaction score
3,995
Country
Italy
Which authors do you think are friends? I think Wani and Tabata are good friends (I remember I read that Wani sent peaches to him and he thanked her).
I don't know how much they've talked/met since, but I always enjoyed this little account from Ishida, especially knowing how much he was struggling at the end of :re. (Black bar is from me, but if you know the chapter number, you know what it is.)

 

Datu Mike

Registered User
下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Joined
Jun 21, 2018
Messages
74
Reaction score
75
Age
35
Gender
Male
Country
Philippines
None because Hollywood has became a parasite on cinema industry.
Ever heard Alita: the battle angel Hollywood version? ...This is by far the best live action adaptation ever and it gives hope for the future manga live action adaptation done by a good studio. One piece is at good hand studio so it will be fine

So, here's a question I have.

How many of the people here actively follow One Piece? Like, not as a casual read, but as something they make sure to read every week it's out.
I've used to read scans actively back in the day because it wasn't accessible both digital and physical at my poor province here in the Philippines. Now with Manga+ exist it's easier to read without boundaries
 

Shinuki no Reborn

Mangahelper
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Mangahelper
Joined
Jul 6, 2011
Messages
15,503
Reaction score
39,573
Age
34
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil
Can someone tell how is the japanese name for Guardian of the Witch?
 

supercow297

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Dec 5, 2018
Messages
665
Reaction score
745
Country
United States
That spot belongs to Black Clover though in WSJ.
Not after this chapter

Also, was my comment saying that Witch Guardian comments should have been spoilered deleted or do I just need more sleep?
 

Blink22

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Apr 3, 2019
Messages
660
Reaction score
1,432
Age
32
Country
United States
Yeah, the part that actually bothers me is that I didn't want a dark fantasy, wasn't the tone I was expecting. Could be good, but I wanted a more lighthearted but non-gag fantasy series.
Nah, stuff like The Witcher are what’s hot right now. I had really hoped this would be similar tone which it might turn out to be. Only hope left is if it’s good now.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top