Mag Talk Weekly Shonen Jump [2020] - Discussion and ToC Talk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shinuki no Reborn

Mangahelper
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Mangahelper
Joined
Jul 6, 2011
Messages
15,460
Reaction score
39,359
Age
34
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil
MANGAHELPERS "TOC" POLL ISSUE #51 - VOTING!​

The poll for issue #51 is now open, vote for your favorite chapters of the week clicking HERE!

Alongside the release of Sakamoto Days, the extra series this week are:

-Dragon Ball Super 66
-Boruto: Naruto Next Generations 52
-Ghost Reaper Girl 10


Good Votes!
 
Last edited:

Halloween

Formerly Buranchi
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Nov 20, 2013
Messages
2,545
Reaction score
6,845
Age
40
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Moderator Notice:
Henceforth, I will be deleting posts that complain about Weekly Shonen Jump having too many/not enough gag/battle/exorcism/sports/etc series.

These posts are not insightful, and do not meaningfully contribute to this thread. Also, this decision is not up for discussion, so posts discussing this decision will also be deleted.~ Halloween
 
Last edited:

Ryuusei

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Sep 25, 2019
Messages
1,859
Reaction score
12,832
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil
呪 僕 O マ ブ S C D 破 C B 夜 C 僕 あ 灼 ぼ チ 高 ア 森 A 仄 ぼ 次号カラー ヒロアカ アンデラ 夜桜 約ネバ 道産子 GIGA 岸本先生が描くコラボポスター 爆豪クリアファイル
Jujutsu Kaisen (Cover & LCP)
My Hero Academia
One Piece
Mashle
Black Clover
Sakamoto Days (CP)
Dr. Stone
Magu-chan: God of Destruction (CP)
Build King
Mission: Yozakura Family
Me & Roboco
Ayakashi Triangle (CP)
Shakunetsu no Niraikanai
We Never Learn
Chainsaw Man
Koukousei Kazoku
Undead Unluck
Moriking
Agravity Boys
Honomieru Shounen
Bokura no Ketsumei

Issue #1
Cover & LCP: My Hero Academia
CP: Undead Unluck, Mission: Yozakura Family, The Promised Neverland, Dosanko Gyaru wa Namaramenkoi

GIGA Preview
Collab poster by Kishimoto
Bakugou clear file
 
Last edited:

Teennitro

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Aug 16, 2019
Messages
611
Reaction score
879
Age
30
Country
Fire Nation
Let's change the subject.

I'm watching Freddy vs. Jason right now (don't ask) and it made me think of a point of discussion with you guys.

What two WSJ series would you like to see crossover? Something similar to One Piece x Toriko, for example. But let's keep it to currently running series.
MHA and Haikyuu I'm kind of surprised it didnt happen yet some of the characters have the same voice actors and they have the same composer in the anime
 

4Eyes

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Mar 26, 2015
Messages
403
Reaction score
649
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil
Let's change the subject.

I'm watching Freddy vs. Jason right now (don't ask) and it made me think of a point of discussion with you guys.

What two WSJ series would you like to see crossover? Something similar to One Piece x Toriko, for example. But let's keep it to currently running series.
Mitama x Yuuna
Zipman x MHA
Agravity x Dr. Stone
Mashle x Black Clover
UxU x WSJ axe Chainsawman
 

101nemesis

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Aug 16, 2012
Messages
3,086
Reaction score
7,183
Age
35
Gender
Male
Country
India
Did Gintama ever have a collab with any other anime? I know Bleach and Gintama had a few ads for their anime together or something. But I'd be surprised if its anime never collaborated with another series.
 

Caiops

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Apr 7, 2015
Messages
803
Reaction score
519
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil
Kuroko no BasketxRobot Laserbeam
 

Nemesis

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Mar 26, 2013
Messages
1,706
Reaction score
1,826
Age
32
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil
I don't know if it was already said but Death Note was on the Trend Topics WW today. And on mangaplus, the one-shot is on #34 with 284k in less than one full day. Amazing how this series still is big.
 

MysticCatto

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
May 18, 2019
Messages
229
Reaction score
293
Age
25
Country
Malaysia
Yuuna and Mitama is definitely a solid crossover. Heck, pit the demons from Neverland against the Demon Slayer corps, with the Grace field kids figuring out strategies and we'd have some cool stuff

Anyone remember the oneshot Yusuke Murata did for the promotion of Jump Ultimate Stars? That one had Luffy and Naruto and Sena and even Toujou Aya, I thought something like that would be fun with the current series' MCs as well
 

Tamil

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Apr 12, 2016
Messages
4,125
Reaction score
5,841
Country
Winterfell
Did Gintama ever have a collab with any other anime? I know Bleach and Gintama had a few ads for their anime together or something. But I'd be surprised if its anime never collaborated with another series.
Not so much anime but there's a forgotten collab with Toriko. The Toriko x Gintama "crossover" was an event where the VA of the respective series cosplaying their characters on stage. It was for the 2013 Toriko movie & Be Forever Yorozuya films.





Gintoki & co. had a cameo in the Toriko movie iirc
 

Rain Spectre

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
May 11, 2019
Messages
3,255
Reaction score
4,663
Age
27
Country
Australia
Not so much anime but there's a forgotten collab with Toriko. The Toriko x Gintama "crossover" was an event where the VA of the respective series cosplaying their characters on stage. It was for the 2013 Toriko movie & Be Forever Yorozuya films.





Gintoki & co. had a cameo in the Toriko movie iirc
That Toriko cosplay is genuinely kinda horrifying.
 

perroloco

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
May 8, 2008
Messages
1,056
Reaction score
915
Age
37
Gender
Male
Country
Mexico
Best Jump properties crossover was Digimon x Angela Anaconda (If you get my reference... Cheers, we are both super old lol!)

As for which current Weekly Shonen Jump properties I would like to see in a crossover.

I guess Hunter x Hunter & JuJutsu Kaisen, I haven't read JJK but have seen lots of posts about how similar it is to HxH, so it would be interesting.

HxH x OP because they are the older series in the magazine.

MHA x KnY x BC The battle shonen.
 

BX-02BLODIA

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Dec 9, 2019
Messages
1,120
Reaction score
2,052
Age
24
Country
United States
Yuuna x Haikyuu would be a nice one
How would that work though?

Best Jump properties crossover was Digimon x Angela Anaconda (If you get my reference... Cheers, we are both super old lol!)

As for which current Weekly Shonen Jump properties I would like to see in a crossover.

I guess Hunter x Hunter & JuJutsu Kaisen, I haven't read JJK but have seen lots of posts about how similar it is to HxH, so it would be interesting.

HxH x OP because they are the older series in the magazine.

MHA x KnY x BC The battle shonen.
Digimon isn't a Jump property though. But I do understand your reference.

I'd say that JJK is similar to HxH only in terms of it's battle system, with the restrictions and whatnot. Otherwise, I say that JJK has quite a different feel compared to HxH. But I'd still want to see how it works out.
 

Tamil

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Apr 12, 2016
Messages
4,125
Reaction score
5,841
Country
Winterfell
Best Jump properties crossover was Digimon x Angela Anaconda (If you get my reference... Cheers, we are both super old lol!)
WTF I never knew that was a thing?!

That show was so creepy as a kid and its not that old lol.
 

perroloco

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
May 8, 2008
Messages
1,056
Reaction score
915
Age
37
Gender
Male
Country
Mexico
How would that work though?



Digimon isn't a Jump property though. But I do understand your reference.

I'd say that JJK is similar to HxH only in terms of it's battle system, with the restrictions and whatnot. Otherwise, I say that JJK has quite a different feel compared to HxH. But I'd still want to see how it works out.
It is a Jump property (It was never specified to be WSJ only :p so I cheated a little).
iirc every Digimon manga has been released in a Jump magazine (I imagine most in V-Jump, which is like Shueisha's answer to Shogakukan's Coro Coro, where Pokemon runs).
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

WTF I never knew that was a thing?!

That show was so creepy as a kid and its not that old lol.
Tamil... It's a show from like the 2000s, that's 20 years old haha it's kinda old xD
And yeah, it was shown before the first Digimon Movie in the US iirc (I saw it on a DVD of the first Digimon movie I bought had my parents buy for me as a kid)

And yeah Angela Anaconda was super creepy, Idk who would have thought it was a good looking show, like who approved of the idea? I watched it though lol
 

Tamil

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Apr 12, 2016
Messages
4,125
Reaction score
5,841
Country
Winterfell
It is a Jump property (It was never specified to be WSJ only :p so I cheated a little).
iirc every Digimon manga has been released in a Jump magazine (I imagine most in V-Jump, which is like Shueisha's answer to Shogakukan's Coro Coro, where Pokemon runs).
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---



Tamil... It's a show from like the 2000s, that's 20 years old haha it's kinda old xD
And yeah, it was shown before the first Digimon Movie in the US iirc (I saw it on a DVD of the first Digimon movie I bought had my parents buy for me as a kid)
Growing up watching AA would mean you're in your early/mid 20s so not old. (or at least I dont wanna believe it lmao)

Ah that's still weird though. Never thought Id see a crossover like that.
 

lazybones1717

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Aug 27, 2018
Messages
281
Reaction score
1,404
Age
34
Country
United States


Does anyone know why MANGA Plus has reset the view-count for every series? I don't really care tbh, but I thought that they were supposed to be lifetime views. Are they switching over to a viewing system similar to Jump Plus?
 

Koni

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jan 24, 2019
Messages
2,002
Reaction score
4,934
Age
27
Country
United States


Does anyone know why MANGA Plus has reset the view-count for every series? I don't really care tbh, but I thought that they were supposed to be lifetime views. Are they switching over to a viewing system similar to Jump Plus?
What’s the Jump Plus view count system like?
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top