Mag Talk Weekly Shonen Jump [2020] - Discussion and ToC Talk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shinuki no Reborn

Mangahelper
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Mangahelper
Joined
Jul 6, 2011
Messages
15,517
Reaction score
39,601
Age
34
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil
MANGAHELPERS "TOC" POLL ISSUE #51 - VOTING!​

The poll for issue #51 is now open, vote for your favorite chapters of the week clicking HERE!

Alongside the release of Sakamoto Days, the extra series this week are:

-Dragon Ball Super 66
-Boruto: Naruto Next Generations 52
-Ghost Reaper Girl 10


Good Votes!
 
Last edited:

Halloween

Formerly Buranchi
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Nov 20, 2013
Messages
2,545
Reaction score
6,845
Age
40
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Moderator Notice:
Henceforth, I will be deleting posts that complain about Weekly Shonen Jump having too many/not enough gag/battle/exorcism/sports/etc series.

These posts are not insightful, and do not meaningfully contribute to this thread. Also, this decision is not up for discussion, so posts discussing this decision will also be deleted.~ Halloween
 
Last edited:

Ryuusei

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Sep 25, 2019
Messages
1,859
Reaction score
12,832
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil
呪 僕 O マ ブ S C D 破 C B 夜 C 僕 あ 灼 ぼ チ 高 ア 森 A 仄 ぼ 次号カラー ヒロアカ アンデラ 夜桜 約ネバ 道産子 GIGA 岸本先生が描くコラボポスター 爆豪クリアファイル
Jujutsu Kaisen (Cover & LCP)
My Hero Academia
One Piece
Mashle
Black Clover
Sakamoto Days (CP)
Dr. Stone
Magu-chan: God of Destruction (CP)
Build King
Mission: Yozakura Family
Me & Roboco
Ayakashi Triangle (CP)
Shakunetsu no Niraikanai
We Never Learn
Chainsaw Man
Koukousei Kazoku
Undead Unluck
Moriking
Agravity Boys
Honomieru Shounen
Bokura no Ketsumei

Issue #1
Cover & LCP: My Hero Academia
CP: Undead Unluck, Mission: Yozakura Family, The Promised Neverland, Dosanko Gyaru wa Namaramenkoi

GIGA Preview
Collab poster by Kishimoto
Bakugou clear file
 
Last edited:

pamuchi

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jul 31, 2019
Messages
1,202
Reaction score
3,654
Age
29
Gender
Female
Country
Mexico
There will be a special talk on the One Morning radio show about KnY with Suzuken (Obanai's seiyuu) and Yuma Takahashi (the producer) in the following days. They might drop info about the movie I think. Also, I find weird having Suzuken here, they might talk about the current arc of the manga.

 

Rain Spectre

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
May 11, 2019
Messages
3,255
Reaction score
4,663
Age
27
Country
Australia
What time will the Issue 13 TOC drop?
 

Pudazuka

Registered User
下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Joined
Jan 27, 2020
Messages
62
Reaction score
163
Age
29
Gender
Male
Country
Germany
It's kinda funny how around the same time we learned that Yozakuras sales are promising, the story gets back on track. That makes it easier to root for the series. I mean, whether I like a new manga or not, I'm always glad to see one that probably won't get axed, but since the story lost its focus and I didn't enjoy it anymore, I couldn't wholeheartly be happy for the good sales. Now it has my full support, so I hope the quality won't dive again.
 

MysticCatto

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
May 18, 2019
Messages
229
Reaction score
293
Age
25
Country
Malaysia
My top chapters this week are MHA, Dr Stone, One Piece, Jujutsu Kaisen and Mashle. Honourable mentions to TPN and Guardian of the witch.

MHA is just so hype right now, Dr Stone has some super interesting revelations, One Piece had me feeling pretty emotional and Jujutsu Kaisen's battle flow and choreography just suck me in. Mashle though, it is funny but I feel that something is missing somehow, but not bad regardless. Now that I think about it, it feels a bit reminiscent of early Shokugeki, where everyone was after Souma's head
 

Koni

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jan 24, 2019
Messages
2,002
Reaction score
4,934
Age
27
Country
United States
I wonder if there are any sales tables for the sales of Jump+ series that aren't Spy x Family? I'd like to see how some of the series that I read over there are doing, actually!
 

OniluapL

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jan 26, 2012
Messages
512
Reaction score
1,341
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil
I wonder if there are any sales tables for the sales of Jump+ series that aren't Spy x Family? I'd like to see how some of the series that I read over there are doing, actually!
Usually people post the Shoseki numbers here when the volumes get released, alongside WSJ numbers. But most of them doesn't do that great (which is fine, standards are way lower)

... Actually, I have an out-of-date notepad document with some numbers I've taken from book-rank, back when they had then. I won't vouch for anything, maybe it's wrong, and the numbers are old and estimates, but, eh, if you're interested:


1. World's End Harem v08 2019/03 163,120 (16w)
2. Hana Nochi Hare - Hanadan Next Season v13 2019/04 117,483 (12w)
3. Jigokuraku v06 2019/06 80,485 (3w)
4. Darling in the Franxx v05 2019/05 74,153 (8w)
5. Oyakusoku no Neverland v01 2019/06 46,269 (3w)
6. Ao no Flag v06 2019/04 38,971 (12w)
7. Aharen-san wa Hakarenai v06 2019/04 30,909 (12w)
8. Boku no Hero Academia Illegals v06 2019/02 23,705 (20w)
9. Saotome Manga wa Tamenara v04 2019/05 23,297 (8w)
10. Mone-san no Majime Sugiru Tsukiaikata v06 2019/06 15,552 (3w)
11. Mato Seihei no Slave v01 2019/03 15,066 (16w)
12. Boukyaku Battery v04 2019/06 12,178 (3w)
13. Touken Ranbu v05 2019/06 11,785 (3w)
14. Shouwa Otome Otogibanashi v02 2019/05 10,098 (8w)
15. Summertime Rendering v06 2019/05 9,802 (8w)
16. Akuma no Memumemu-chan v07 2019/04 9,766 (12w)
17. Hidarikiki no Eren v08 2019/06 6,886 (3w)
18. Melt Away! Mizore-chan v02 2019/05 6,837 (8w)
19. Arata Primal v01 2019/05 6,751 (8w)
20. むとうとさとう v01 2019/06 6,578 (3w)
21. Hoshi no Ouji-sama v04 2019/04 5,974 (12w)
22. Saguri-chan Tankentai v04 2019/04 4,749 (12w)
23. サイコアゲンスト v03 2019/06 3,934 (3w)
24. Spotless Love v01 2019/04 3,277 (12w)
25. Suginami Toubatsu Koumuin v04 2019/04 3,185 (12w)
26. Abyss Rage v03 2019/04 3,163 (12w)
27. Mist Gears Blast v01 2019/03 2,927 (16w)
28. Curtain's Up, I'm Off v02 2019/06 2,893 (3w)
29. Dorei Yuugi v08 2019/05 2,830 (8w)
30. Moon Land v02 2019/06 2,765 (3w)
31. Houki ni Matagaru Shuukatsu Sensou v02 2019/04 2,114 (12w)
32. LAND LOCK v04 2019/06 ---- (3w)
33. Jikai no Death Game ni Gokitai kudasai!! v03 2019/05 ---- (8w)
34. Yoru no Kagi v04 2019/04 -- (12w)
35. 8LDK v03 2019/03 -- (16w)
36. Kako no Anata wo Yuukai Shimashita v02 2019/03 -- (16w)

(the name in japanese is something i couldn't find on mangaupdates, I think? it's been a while, lol)
 

Nemesis

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Mar 26, 2013
Messages
1,706
Reaction score
1,826
Age
32
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil
I’m glad I’m not the only one who noticed that. They have a bit of a point, though - it did feel a little rushed and I was hoping for bigger closure. It feels like almost a guarantee that the series will end at 150 at this point.

Still, it’s ironic seeing people compare Nisekoi favorably to this now. XD
The only rushed part here I think it's how there's no closure. Otherwise, I think it's going on a a good pacing.
 

James Rye

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Oct 18, 2014
Messages
2,019
Reaction score
6,506
Age
37
Gender
Male
Country
Germany
Dr. Stone was great.

ActAge was great.

JJK was cool af.

AB was fun.

Mitama was fun although I don't really like the fish.

UxU was very good.

Mashle was good.

Yozakura was okay.

GW was meh.

Zipman was bad.

As for the others, OP was yawn-worthy I just can't get into this arc, Haikyuu! was supercool, KnY was a joy as always, TNP is going hot onto its Endgame, WNL broke my heart shame on you, CSM was okay with the buildup but not too enjoyable.

I think the only stuff I havent read was S8 which I hope gets rather sacked than one of the newbies instead and Yuuna which like WNL will probably end this year so I wonder where the new Romcoms are in WSJ? I don't see any with romance as their main theme in the starterblock.

As for UxU I wanna add that I really like the theme Yoshifumi chose for Izumo, I think many readers will identify with that one. Plus reaaaally cool tiny tid-bit about the world-building which you might overlook the first time but once you notice it? Daaaaaaaaaaamn, just WHAT does this MEAN?! Not gonna spoiler it though. I don't want @Buranchi to delete my post again. :P
 

DreamcastDazia

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Nov 23, 2019
Messages
792
Reaction score
628
Gender
Male
Country
England
Anyone else here that reads WNL feeling really baffled right now? This is like the biggest rom com plot twists I have ever seen. I'm one of those guys that had a favourite girl but didn't care who the MC ends up with at all but I honestly didn't see this ending coming one bit.....


@Buranchi I kept it vague yeah???? Don't @ me
 

Tamil

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Apr 12, 2016
Messages
4,125
Reaction score
5,841
Country
Winterfell
Usually people post the Shoseki numbers here when the volumes get released, alongside WSJ numbers. But most of them doesn't do that great (which is fine, standards are way lower)

... Actually, I have an out-of-date notepad document with some numbers I've taken from book-rank, back when they had then. I won't vouch for anything, maybe it's wrong, and the numbers are old and estimates, but, eh, if you're interested:


1. World's End Harem v08 2019/03 163,120 (16w)
2. Hana Nochi Hare - Hanadan Next Season v13 2019/04 117,483 (12w)
3. Jigokuraku v06 2019/06 80,485 (3w)
4. Darling in the Franxx v05 2019/05 74,153 (8w)
5. Oyakusoku no Neverland v01 2019/06 46,269 (3w)
6. Ao no Flag v06 2019/04 38,971 (12w)
7. Aharen-san wa Hakarenai v06 2019/04 30,909 (12w)
8. Boku no Hero Academia Illegals v06 2019/02 23,705 (20w)
9. Saotome Manga wa Tamenara v04 2019/05 23,297 (8w)
10. Mone-san no Majime Sugiru Tsukiaikata v06 2019/06 15,552 (3w)
11. Mato Seihei no Slave v01 2019/03 15,066 (16w)
12. Boukyaku Battery v04 2019/06 12,178 (3w)
13. Touken Ranbu v05 2019/06 11,785 (3w)
14. Shouwa Otome Otogibanashi v02 2019/05 10,098 (8w)
15. Summertime Rendering v06 2019/05 9,802 (8w)
16. Akuma no Memumemu-chan v07 2019/04 9,766 (12w)
17. Hidarikiki no Eren v08 2019/06 6,886 (3w)
18. Melt Away! Mizore-chan v02 2019/05 6,837 (8w)
19. Arata Primal v01 2019/05 6,751 (8w)
20. むとうとさとう v01 2019/06 6,578 (3w)
21. Hoshi no Ouji-sama v04 2019/04 5,974 (12w)
22. Saguri-chan Tankentai v04 2019/04 4,749 (12w)
23. サイコアゲンスト v03 2019/06 3,934 (3w)
24. Spotless Love v01 2019/04 3,277 (12w)
25. Suginami Toubatsu Koumuin v04 2019/04 3,185 (12w)
26. Abyss Rage v03 2019/04 3,163 (12w)
27. Mist Gears Blast v01 2019/03 2,927 (16w)
28. Curtain's Up, I'm Off v02 2019/06 2,893 (3w)
29. Dorei Yuugi v08 2019/05 2,830 (8w)
30. Moon Land v02 2019/06 2,765 (3w)
31. Houki ni Matagaru Shuukatsu Sensou v02 2019/04 2,114 (12w)
32. LAND LOCK v04 2019/06 ---- (3w)
33. Jikai no Death Game ni Gokitai kudasai!! v03 2019/05 ---- (8w)
34. Yoru no Kagi v04 2019/04 -- (12w)
35. 8LDK v03 2019/03 -- (16w)
36. Kako no Anata wo Yuukai Shimashita v02 2019/03 -- (16w)

(the name in japanese is something i couldn't find on mangaupdates, I think? it's been a while, lol)
Thats an odd way of ranking. Pretty sure Jigokuraku should be the #3 (including SxF as #1 obv). Iirc Jigokuraku does like 150-200k sales per volume in a year so WEH has it beat atm.
 

James Rye

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Oct 18, 2014
Messages
2,019
Reaction score
6,506
Age
37
Gender
Male
Country
Germany

OniluapL

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jan 26, 2012
Messages
512
Reaction score
1,341
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil
Thats an odd way of ranking. Pretty sure Jigokuraku should be the #3 (including SxF as #1 obv). Iirc Jigokuraku does like 150-200k sales per volume in a year so WEH has it beat atm.
It's because when I looked at it, the latest volume was on sale only for 3 weeks. Anyway, don't take the order too seriously, it was just a way for me to organize it, didn't even mean to share until now.

Also, the numbers are from, like, July? The series probably grew since then.
 

James Rye

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Oct 18, 2014
Messages
2,019
Reaction score
6,506
Age
37
Gender
Male
Country
Germany
Anyone else here that reads WNL feeling really baffled right now? This is like the biggest rom com plot twists I have ever seen. I'm one of those guys that had a favourite girl but didn't care who the MC ends up with at all but I honestly didn't see this ending coming one bit.....


@Buranchi I kept it vague yeah???? Don't @ me
Well, it actually aint't that big of a twist if you reread the first 50 chapters and compare what kinda "arcs" the girls got. But yeah, the "twist" left me baffled as in unsatisfied and a bit miffed. It was very abrupt, with little to no closure. However my guts feel like next chapter gonna be the REAL twist which will leave all our mouths wide open. Either that or the milk was bad.
 

Melvo

Registered User
下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Joined
Feb 3, 2020
Messages
77
Reaction score
190
Country
Spain
Something I forgot to say before but Zipman has a very weird pacing right now. Could it be we'll see an early cancellation for a series after a long time without them? Like, cancellation in 16 chapters?
Let's not talk about cancelation even before volume 1 comes out !

Demon Slayer's chapter feels the same as last weeks.

Chainsaw man was really nice !!!!
 
Last edited:

MysticCatto

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
May 18, 2019
Messages
229
Reaction score
293
Age
25
Country
Malaysia
Where can we read "My little Mars"?
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top