Mag Talk Weekly Shonen Jump [2020] - Discussion and ToC Talk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shinuki no Reborn

Mangahelper
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Mangahelper
Joined
Jul 6, 2011
Messages
15,492
Reaction score
39,524
Age
34
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil
MANGAHELPERS "TOC" POLL ISSUE #51 - VOTING!​

The poll for issue #51 is now open, vote for your favorite chapters of the week clicking HERE!

Alongside the release of Sakamoto Days, the extra series this week are:

-Dragon Ball Super 66
-Boruto: Naruto Next Generations 52
-Ghost Reaper Girl 10


Good Votes!
 
Last edited:

Halloween

Formerly Buranchi
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Nov 20, 2013
Messages
2,545
Reaction score
6,845
Age
40
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Moderator Notice:
Henceforth, I will be deleting posts that complain about Weekly Shonen Jump having too many/not enough gag/battle/exorcism/sports/etc series.

These posts are not insightful, and do not meaningfully contribute to this thread. Also, this decision is not up for discussion, so posts discussing this decision will also be deleted.~ Halloween
 
Last edited:

Ryuusei

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Sep 25, 2019
Messages
1,859
Reaction score
12,832
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil
呪 僕 O マ ブ S C D 破 C B 夜 C 僕 あ 灼 ぼ チ 高 ア 森 A 仄 ぼ 次号カラー ヒロアカ アンデラ 夜桜 約ネバ 道産子 GIGA 岸本先生が描くコラボポスター 爆豪クリアファイル
Jujutsu Kaisen (Cover & LCP)
My Hero Academia
One Piece
Mashle
Black Clover
Sakamoto Days (CP)
Dr. Stone
Magu-chan: God of Destruction (CP)
Build King
Mission: Yozakura Family
Me & Roboco
Ayakashi Triangle (CP)
Shakunetsu no Niraikanai
We Never Learn
Chainsaw Man
Koukousei Kazoku
Undead Unluck
Moriking
Agravity Boys
Honomieru Shounen
Bokura no Ketsumei

Issue #1
Cover & LCP: My Hero Academia
CP: Undead Unluck, Mission: Yozakura Family, The Promised Neverland, Dosanko Gyaru wa Namaramenkoi

GIGA Preview
Collab poster by Kishimoto
Bakugou clear file
 
Last edited:

Rain Spectre

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
May 11, 2019
Messages
3,255
Reaction score
4,663
Age
27
Country
Australia
Oh my God.
How I think this convo went at the Jump offices:

Fujimoto: "So, I'm getting a popularity poll! Awesome!"

Shinhei: "Yeah, it is. So, what're you gonna do for the LCP to announce it?"

Fujimoto: "I've already drawn it. Full lesbian five-way, double spread!"

Shinhei: "...You do remember the mess Yuuna got us in, right?"

Fujimoto: "But I already drew it..."

Shinhei: "...Okay, here's an idea. We get Oda-sensei to do a quick double spread under the pretense of being about the Hungry Days promotion. That way, we include it, and parents won't complain. Happy?"

Fujimoto: "OKAY!!! :)"

Not for me tho. Beside laugh tale, all of OP revelations since timeskip disappoint for me.
Doflamingo is a huge let down compare to how enigmatic he was before. Big Mom and Kaido are jokes compare to Whitebeard. The secret of poneglyph is lackluster. Sanji arc is a draw out mess of the same thing Usopp done before.
Fishman arc was a warning sign that I should listen to. Now, witnessing the arc that supposed to draw fans back in, I keep wondering why the hell I still read this manga targeting
The reason you're reading it is simple. OP is so long at this point everyone, regardless of how much they truly care, still want the answer. Once we learn what the One Piece really is, I imagine interest will dwindle fast.
 

Teennitro

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Aug 16, 2019
Messages
611
Reaction score
879
Age
30
Country
Fire Nation
Chainsawman true color cover:

Remember when Yuuna and the Haunted Hotsprings trigger the internet with that color page. I wonder how they going to feel about this
 

Aeneas

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
May 17, 2019
Messages
1,814
Reaction score
3,995
Country
Italy
Disappointed by the last color spread from CSM, and so I'm disappointed by this one as well.

But as I've said, he definitely knows what his audience likes.
 

Nemesis

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Mar 26, 2013
Messages
1,706
Reaction score
1,826
Age
32
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil
...Might wanna put a NSFW warning, buddy.

Also, how the fucking shit does Fujimoto get away with this.
In the same way that Yuna and To Love Ru did. It's the same thing but with a more realistic artstyle.
 

Rain Spectre

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
May 11, 2019
Messages
3,255
Reaction score
4,663
Age
27
Country
Australia
In the same way that Yuna and To Love Ru did. It's the same thing but with a more realistic artstyle.
TLR and Yuuna are lucky sukeben, though, not outright sex. That's the defense that tends to allow such manga to exist.
 

RafGL

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Apr 4, 2019
Messages
1,007
Reaction score
5,867
Age
25
Gender
Male
Country
Spain
TLR and Yuuna are lucky sukeben, though, not outright sex. That's the defense that tends to allow such manga to exist.
Keeps being exposition of erotic content, the reason given by its creators behind it matters little. Also, if we go by the route of not interpreting what we see in the image, who says they're having sex? It's a bunch of girls naked together (it's not just girls naked, but you get what I mean). They're not gonna care as they didn't with Yuuna, there's nothing new on this.
 
Last edited:

Aeneas

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
May 17, 2019
Messages
1,814
Reaction score
3,995
Country
Italy
Keeps being exposition of erotic content, the reason given by its creators behind it matters little. Also, if we go by the route of not interpreting what we see in the image, who says they're having sex? It's a bunch of girls naked together (it's not, but you get what I mean). They're not gonna care as they didn't with Yuuna, there's nothing new on this.
I'd consider scissoring sex.
 

lgrmjauffre

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
May 23, 2019
Messages
462
Reaction score
1,159
Age
32
Gender
Male
Country
United States
I for one welcome our new chainsaw-headed overlord and any weird or sexual nonsense the author manages to slip into the magazine. Seeing them pass a color page like this shows me they don't give a shit about the often rude vocal minority, and I love it. What a time to be alive.
 

Aeneas

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
May 17, 2019
Messages
1,814
Reaction score
3,995
Country
Italy
Fujimoto got away with it cause the editorial offices wanted to keep the pic for themselves too
An editorial department with no female editors, so I wouldn't be too surprised, tbh.

And speaking of editors:
Apparently Agravity has been moved from Sugita to someone else.
Agravity has been moved to Taguchi (S8's editor).
 

Nemesis

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Mar 26, 2013
Messages
1,706
Reaction score
1,826
Age
32
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil
TLR and Yuuna are lucky sukeben, though, not outright sex. That's the defense that tends to allow such manga to exist.
They aren't having sex there though, they are just nude, like those I mentioned. Post sex scenes I agree, this here is just nudism.

Sukeben also aren't on CP but inside the manga itself so it's a different argument. XD
 

RafGL

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Apr 4, 2019
Messages
1,007
Reaction score
5,867
Age
25
Gender
Male
Country
Spain
The only thing I can be disappointed at is the number of people that will appear saying they're gonna pick up the series just because of the spread. Not like I couldn't see this coming, but it's really sad how simple-minded can people be.
 
Last edited:

Konja9

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Oct 5, 2015
Messages
472
Reaction score
451
Age
34
Gender
Male
Country
Peru
...Might wanna put a NSFW warning, buddy.

Also, how the fucking shit does Fujimoto get away with this.
Apparently, if you don't draw nipples, it will be fine.

I've never understood what's so problematic about female nipples.
 
Last edited:

Nemesis

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Mar 26, 2013
Messages
1,706
Reaction score
1,826
Age
32
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil
Oh, I just saw now that they are literally having scissoring lmao Forget all what I said, I thought they were just nude.
 

animeexpert

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jun 1, 2019
Messages
1,635
Reaction score
1,269
Age
29
Country
Norway
Oh be quiet. I'm not going to let the thread turn into complaining about a series being "overrated" just because its popular. Especially when it involves One Piece fans.
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---
Ok bear with me:

The definition of overrated is something that doesn't live up to its reputation or the hype surrounding it. An example of something that would be described as overrated is a restaurant that everyone says is delicious but which really is just OK.

For what the show is and for the people that only watch the anime, for me I cant see it as *THAT GREAT of an show that does better than all other series* but you dont need complex stories to break number or something very new in the Demoghraph and I'm fine with that (but shitty isekai garbage), then again it's also for the casual viewers.


And atleast I dont hate an series for the sake of hating that is already a world record breaking series to get clout. I can call it overrated cuz people swing the word only as (a little buit famous show than "X" show) or only got hype once and never talked again or for the sake to trigger people.

But if I get these fans why they like the show, only for episode 19 while other animes also exist with similar dramatic meaning ... yeh,, it's hard to talk with these people.

All in all it impacted the causual viewers cuz believe it or not, you will always have millions people that are new into anime that have no knowledge about a demograph/genre/ or anything, this doesnt only apply for anime.

How kimetsu impacted was the dark aesthetic taisei era (were normally the edo era is the one that people resonate for watching japanese culture/anime for the old days), so that made it unique on it's own core. Besides that...

it's all about simplistic phasing/setting/goal/characters, with something like kimetsu made it perfectly mold with it's unique artstyle.. with tanjirou being an very kind mc with a passionate oni-chan persona and forgiving, people often say that it "break" the mc cliches when you have something similar already like yo (shaman king) or ichigo (bleach).

What I'm trying to say is, its overrated for what it is for being nothing actually new or refined with people calling it #1 anime of the decade with these many numbers broken records.

break so many records they fast cuz of the *ANIME* & episode 19 of our lord ufotable & why it onl works on kimetsu than other show is cuz of its simplistic concept that grab millions of casual viewers easily/ the mc & the aesthetic that people dont care about talking.

I'm really happy for the author imo, it's hard to make it into the business succeeding that much

I freaking love kimetsu, I read it since ch 14 came out and the aesthetic alone is what I was invested. Since I'm into art myself, The way the author use the breathing style for oldschool art of ukyio is wonderfulll


But if you say to me to be quiet for an series that is 22+ years established for being a phenomenal icon of an series that people hardly can replicate into their own story.. than you are asking to get hated on with actual arguments, I do agree on couple points with u with One piece. No series is perfect, that is something you have to know, it may look for u that people act that way but so do the fandom for kimetsu and literally every show.

Some are debatable for breaking doors/ being revolutionary or refined the Demoghraph.

I dont find kimetsu THAT good of series that makes kimetsu better than one piece.

Thanks for reading
 
Last edited:

yadayada

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jan 6, 2020
Messages
1,142
Reaction score
3,518
Age
35
Country
Fire Nation
Ok bear with me:

The definition of overrated is something that doesn't live up to its reputation or the hype surrounding it. An example of something that would be described as overrated is a restaurant that everyone says is delicious but which really is just OK.

For what the show is and for the people that only watch the anime, for me I cant see it as *THAT GREAT of an show that does better than all other series* but you dont need complex stories to break number or something very new in the Demoghraph and I'm fine with that, then again it's also for the casual viewers.


And atleast I dont hate an series for the sake of hating that is already a world record breaking series to get clout. I can call it overrated cuz people swing the word only as (a little but famous show) or only got hype once and never talked again or for the sake to trigger people.

But if I get these fans why they like the show, only for episode 19 while other animes also exist with similar dramatic meaning ... yeh,, it's hard to talk with these people.

All in all it impacted the causual viewers cuz believe it or not, you will always have millions people that are new into anime that have no knowledge about a demograph.

How kimetsu impacted was the dark aesthetic taisei era (were normally the edo era is the one that people resonate for watching japanese culture/anime for the old days), so that made it unique on it's own core. Besides that...

it's all about simplistic phasing/setting/goal/characters, with something like kimetsu made it perfectly mold with it's unique artstyle.. with tanjirou being an very kind mc with a passionate oni-chan persona and forgiving, people often say that it "break" the mc cliches when you have something similar already like yo (shaman king) or ichigo (bleach).

What I'm trying to say is, its overrated for what it is for being nothing actually new or refined with people calling it #1 anime of the decade with these many numbers broken records.

I'm really happy for the author imo, it's hard to make it into the business succeeding that much

I freaking love kimetsu, I read it since ch 14 came out and the aesthetic alone is what I was invested. Since I'm into art myself, The way the author use the breathing style for oldschool art of ukyio.

I'm just saying its break so many records cuz of the *ANIME* & episode 19 of our lord ufotable & why it onl works on kimetsu than other show is cuz of its simplistic concept that grab millions of casual viewers easily/ the mc & the aesthetic that people dont care about talking.

But if you say to me to be quiet for an series that is 22+ years established for being a phenomenal icon of an series that people hardly can replicate.. than you are asking to get hated on with actual arguments, I do agree on couple points with u with One piece. No series is perfect that is something you have to know, it may look for u that people act that way but so do the fandom for kimetsu and literally every show.

Some are debatable for breaking doors/ being revolutionary or refined the Demoghraph.

I dont find kimetsu THAT good of show that makes kimetsu better than one piece.

Thanks for reading
So basically, what you think is that fans are buying en masse volumes up to 150 (!) chapters later of something they only are about for one sakuga episode. Even remaining as hyped as to flock the stores the instant the 2 new volumes of said series come out, months after the anime ended.

There is not even a need to tackle this argument. This isn't the first or the last sakuga moment in anime.
 

Nemesis

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Mar 26, 2013
Messages
1,706
Reaction score
1,826
Age
32
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil
Ok bear with me:

The definition of overrated is something that doesn't live up to its reputation or the hype surrounding it. An example of something that would be described as overrated is a restaurant that everyone says is delicious but which really is just OK.

For what the show is and for the people that only watch the anime, for me I cant see it as *THAT GREAT of an show that does better than all other series* but you dont need complex stories to break number or something very new in the Demoghraph and I'm fine with that (but shitty isekai garbage), then again it's also for the casual viewers.


And atleast I dont hate an series for the sake of hating that is already a world record breaking series to get clout. I can call it overrated cuz people swing the word only as (a little buit famous show than "X" show) or only got hype once and never talked again or for the sake to trigger people.

But if I get these fans why they like the show, only for episode 19 while other animes also exist with similar dramatic meaning ... yeh,, it's hard to talk with these people.

All in all it impacted the causual viewers cuz believe it or not, you will always have millions people that are new into anime that have no knowledge about a demograph/genre/ or anything, this doesnt only apply for anime.

How kimetsu impacted was the dark aesthetic taisei era (were normally the edo era is the one that people resonate for watching japanese culture/anime for the old days), so that made it unique on it's own core. Besides that...

it's all about simplistic phasing/setting/goal/characters, with something like kimetsu made it perfectly mold with it's unique artstyle.. with tanjirou being an very kind mc with a passionate oni-chan persona and forgiving, people often say that it "break" the mc cliches when you have something similar already like yo (shaman king) or ichigo (bleach).

What I'm trying to say is, its overrated for what it is for being nothing actually new or refined with people calling it #1 anime of the decade with these many numbers broken records.

break so many records they fast cuz of the *ANIME* & episode 19 of our lord ufotable & why it onl works on kimetsu than other show is cuz of its simplistic concept that grab millions of casual viewers easily/ the mc & the aesthetic that people dont care about talking.

I'm really happy for the author imo, it's hard to make it into the business succeeding that much

I freaking love kimetsu, I read it since ch 14 came out and the aesthetic alone is what I was invested. Since I'm into art myself, The way the author use the breathing style for oldschool art of ukyio is wonderfulll


But if you say to me to be quiet for an series that is 22+ years established for being a phenomenal icon of an series that people hardly can replicate into their own story.. than you are asking to get hated on with actual arguments, I do agree on couple points with u with One piece. No series is perfect, that is something you have to know, it may look for u that people act that way but so do the fandom for kimetsu and literally every show.

Some are debatable for breaking doors/ being revolutionary or refined the Demoghraph.

I dont find kimetsu THAT good of show that makes kimetsu better than one piece.

Thanks for reading
Why so much paragraphs and with so short texts.
 

animeexpert

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jun 1, 2019
Messages
1,635
Reaction score
1,269
Age
29
Country
Norway
Oh, I just saw now that they are literally having scissoring lmao Forget all what I said, I thought they were just nude.
We can say that csm is really breaking DOORS For the new generation :hurr
 

lgrmjauffre

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
May 23, 2019
Messages
462
Reaction score
1,159
Age
32
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Apparetly, if you don't draw nipples, it will be fine.

I've never understood what's so problematic about female nipples.
It's a double standard. They're not seen as sexual on men, but since they're used to breast feed for women (breasts aren't sex organs, by the way), it's seen as nudity, and is thus considered problematic. That, and probably a lot history of humans believing women are more important for their form and not their function in other areas comparable to men. That is to say, people believe they should be viewed as fragile and beautiful. Not running around shirtless and being "masculine" like male characters. Which is why I love female characters who aren't afraid to get out and fight just as much as anyone else, like Power, Android 18, Jolyne, Sakura, etc.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top