Mag Talk Weekly Shonen Jump [2020] - Discussion and ToC Talk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shinuki no Reborn

Mangahelper
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Mangahelper
Joined
Jul 6, 2011
Messages
15,474
Reaction score
39,407
Age
34
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil
MANGAHELPERS "TOC" POLL ISSUE #51 - VOTING!​

The poll for issue #51 is now open, vote for your favorite chapters of the week clicking HERE!

Alongside the release of Sakamoto Days, the extra series this week are:

-Dragon Ball Super 66
-Boruto: Naruto Next Generations 52
-Ghost Reaper Girl 10


Good Votes!
 
Last edited:

Halloween

Formerly Buranchi
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Nov 20, 2013
Messages
2,545
Reaction score
6,845
Age
40
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Moderator Notice:
Henceforth, I will be deleting posts that complain about Weekly Shonen Jump having too many/not enough gag/battle/exorcism/sports/etc series.

These posts are not insightful, and do not meaningfully contribute to this thread. Also, this decision is not up for discussion, so posts discussing this decision will also be deleted.~ Halloween
 
Last edited:

Ryuusei

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Sep 25, 2019
Messages
1,859
Reaction score
12,832
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil
呪 僕 O マ ブ S C D 破 C B 夜 C 僕 あ 灼 ぼ チ 高 ア 森 A 仄 ぼ 次号カラー ヒロアカ アンデラ 夜桜 約ネバ 道産子 GIGA 岸本先生が描くコラボポスター 爆豪クリアファイル
Jujutsu Kaisen (Cover & LCP)
My Hero Academia
One Piece
Mashle
Black Clover
Sakamoto Days (CP)
Dr. Stone
Magu-chan: God of Destruction (CP)
Build King
Mission: Yozakura Family
Me & Roboco
Ayakashi Triangle (CP)
Shakunetsu no Niraikanai
We Never Learn
Chainsaw Man
Koukousei Kazoku
Undead Unluck
Moriking
Agravity Boys
Honomieru Shounen
Bokura no Ketsumei

Issue #1
Cover & LCP: My Hero Academia
CP: Undead Unluck, Mission: Yozakura Family, The Promised Neverland, Dosanko Gyaru wa Namaramenkoi

GIGA Preview
Collab poster by Kishimoto
Bakugou clear file
 
Last edited:

101nemesis

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Aug 16, 2012
Messages
3,086
Reaction score
7,183
Age
35
Gender
Male
Country
India
MANGAHELPERS TOC POLL ISSUE #13 - BOTH WAYS OF VOTING​

The traditional poll for issue #13 is open to vote HERE

And now we have a second poll where the users can rank their 3 favorite chapters of the week from 1st to 3rd place and the way you rank the chapters will add more points/votes to the traditional poll, all the rules are well explained in the thread clicking HERE
Just wanted to say, you guys do a good job with this.
Really wish someone did this years ago back when I was actively reading multiple series in WSJ. I'd have loved to take part in such stuff.

As of now, I'm literally only following Mashle from current WSJ because I enjoy the comedy. So it'll be unfair if I voted.
 

Halloween

Formerly Buranchi
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Nov 20, 2013
Messages
2,545
Reaction score
6,845
Age
40
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Just wanted to say, you guys do a good job with this.
Really wish someone did this years ago back when I was actively reading multiple series in WSJ. I'd have loved to take part in such stuff.

As of now, I'm literally only following Mashle from current WSJ because I enjoy the comedy. So it'll be unfair if I voted.
I don't know how you do it. There's so much quality in WSJ right now.

At least read CSM, you heathen. :P
 

yadayada

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jan 6, 2020
Messages
1,142
Reaction score
3,518
Age
35
Country
Fire Nation
After today's chapter Zipman hardly even feels like it has enough content to last until then, even if it somehow has miraculous sales it definitely feels like Shibata's written himself into a bit of a corner.
I don't normally go dooming a series but I think zipman is already dead regardless of how it sells. It just feels like it's already been axed.
 

FireFantasyVI

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
May 10, 2019
Messages
235
Reaction score
455
Gender
Male
Country
United States
So what are the odds that Zipman joins the U19 club? Personally, I think it depends on when it’s first volume releases.
If we ignore the trend that the past few batches have avoided the U19 club, I'd say it's very much on pace to join it. The past two or so chapters felt kinda fast and now we skip ahead after that last arc with a bunch of developments happening off screen. This new boss feels pretty hastily introduced, so it gives off the vibe that it's trying to wrap things up.
 

Halloween

Formerly Buranchi
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Nov 20, 2013
Messages
2,545
Reaction score
6,845
Age
40
Gender
Male
Country
United States
I had heard that Act-Age's mangaka is voting for Power. Not sure if it's true, though.
 

Teennitro

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Aug 16, 2019
Messages
611
Reaction score
879
Age
30
Country
Fire Nation
I don't think I'll ever get the UxU praise. Even ignoring the problematic attempts at humor, I just find it to be such a mess.
It's a really fun manga and the characters powers are cool
 

Stivie

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Apr 23, 2019
Messages
3,120
Reaction score
2,340
Age
37
Country
Brazil
GW did not waste 15 chapters to introduce world concepts just like Samurai8, he introduced everything in the first chapter and started the journey in the third.
Honestly, I see no reason to complain so much.
 

Rain Spectre

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
May 11, 2019
Messages
3,255
Reaction score
4,663
Age
27
Country
Australia
GW did not waste 15 chapters to introduce world concepts just like Samurai8, he introduced everything in the first chapter and started the journey in the third.
Honestly, I see no reason to complain so much.
That part isn't bad, it's just that something about the series feels...lifeless, I guess? I dunno, there's just something about the art, story and characters that feels missing. There's a skeleton of an excellent manga which isn't being acted upon.
 

NeeNeen

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Mar 2, 2012
Messages
1,055
Reaction score
1,217
Country
United Nations
Holy shit, Zipman might actually be ending next week. I know I said I wanted the series to be short, but not this short.
Guess I was right about last week's chapter being an experiment then.

WNL won't be far behind. I wouldn't be surprised if it ended the week after, they're basically saying their goodbyes already.

TPN, Dr Stone (it has a name!), Kimetsu, Act-age and UxU were all very engaging. It's really cool how they can draw you in in only 20-or-so pages.

Even Yozakura was good (loved the page with the note in his hand). Though I still can't tell for sure if it's taking off or preparing to land.

Mitama on the other hand is losing me more and more. The funniest thing about the series IMO was the Straight Girl delivering dry commentary on the madness surrounding her. Now the girl has turned into a petulant airhead and it's just freaks all around. That's just too much dumb for me.

Gardian of the Witch feels like Ariadne in the Blue Sky but without the sky.

Mashle was... not funny, that's for sure. Intriguing though. Couldn't really tell if the guy was playing it cool or genuinely dumb, but it certainly had me interested. And the ending did get a laugh.

Agravity Boys was predictable. And despite the number of characters doubling, it still feels like there are only three personalities. I like the robot though, she seems nice.

S8 makes a laudable attempt to be cute, but the space samurai stuff just cannot hold my attention. I don't think the end of the chapter was supposed to put me to sleep.

Now to figure out what to vote for...
 

BX-02BLODIA

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Dec 9, 2019
Messages
1,120
Reaction score
2,052
Age
24
Country
United States
Mitama's double chapters were both top noch. Now that the bath stuff has been introduced amd might become something that appears again, that Yuuna crossover seems more plausible now.

MASHLE was better this week I felt.

UxU continues to be a wild ride.

The Chrisbowl commences in Agravity

GW was better this week. Although the action scenes kinda felt stiff. Maybe Jujutsu spoiled me on that aspect.

Solid chapters for the rest.
 
Last edited:

Shinuki no Reborn

Mangahelper
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Mangahelper
Joined
Jul 6, 2011
Messages
15,474
Reaction score
39,407
Age
34
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil
GW did not waste 15 chapters to introduce world concepts just like Saiyuki, he introduced everything in the first chapter and started the journey in the third.
Honestly, I see no reason to complain so much.
Fixed for you Stivie ;)
 

Stivie

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Apr 23, 2019
Messages
3,120
Reaction score
2,340
Age
37
Country
Brazil
That part isn't bad, it's just that something about the series feels...lifeless, I guess? I dunno, there's just something about the art, story and characters that feels missing. There's a skeleton of an excellent manga which isn't being acted upon.
you put a lot of hype in a novice mangaka, who has never had a previous work. That was the problem and so was his "missing something".
 

Shinuki no Reborn

Mangahelper
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Mangahelper
Joined
Jul 6, 2011
Messages
15,474
Reaction score
39,407
Age
34
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil
Are you implying both weren't guilty of this?
By chapter 3 Hachimaru was already leaving the home and going other places while Saiyuki was like over half of the series in the same house, simple.
 

Stivie

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Apr 23, 2019
Messages
3,120
Reaction score
2,340
Age
37
Country
Brazil
By chapter 3 Hachimaru was already leaving the home and going other places while Saiyuki was like over half of the series in the same house, simple.
Gw is a thousand times better than samurai 8 (My opinion).

And don't even put saiyuki in the conversation.
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

chapters 2 and 3 of samurai 8 are fillers, saiyuki's were not.
 

Shinuki no Reborn

Mangahelper
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Mangahelper
Joined
Jul 6, 2011
Messages
15,474
Reaction score
39,407
Age
34
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil
Gw is a thousand times better than samurai 8 (My opinion).

And don't even put saiyuki in the conversation.
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

chapters 2 and 3 of samurai 8 are fillers, saiyuki's were not.
You're really trying hard with this Stivie kkkkk you're comparing a manga with only 3 (generic) chapters with one almost at 40, and you're comparing chapter 2 and 3 as if there's any meaning on this, the rest the manga was just text and exposition over and over and when the author started to do something it was axed
 

MysticCatto

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
May 18, 2019
Messages
229
Reaction score
293
Age
25
Country
Malaysia
I haven't seen many talk about TPN this week, I thought it was a great chapter, loved the expressions Posuka draws for the villains but I hope we'll learn more of Ratri's motivations soon.

Agravity Boys was pretty funny for me, it's starting to remind me of Gintama to some extent. Mitama's were alright, but I liked the bathhouse chapter more than the interview one.

Jujutsu Kaisen once again has stellar art, and an opening scene that really grips me. I've said it before but I'll say it again, I love the camera angles in Chainsaw Man. Dr Stone was okay too, and I have to say Inagaki is a master at hyping up future events.

Kimetsu No Yaiba's last page this chapter made me more hype than the rest of the chapter.
 
Last edited:

Shinuki no Reborn

Mangahelper
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Mangahelper
Joined
Jul 6, 2011
Messages
15,474
Reaction score
39,407
Age
34
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil
Just to remind that in the second poll it's 3 series at most, so who voted on 5 series, the last two will not be counted (don't edit, just let the comment like that)
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top