Mag Talk Weekly Shonen Jump [2020] - Discussion and ToC Talk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shinuki no Reborn

Mangahelper
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Mangahelper
Joined
Jul 6, 2011
Messages
15,517
Reaction score
39,604
Age
34
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil
MANGAHELPERS "TOC" POLL ISSUE #51 - VOTING!​

The poll for issue #51 is now open, vote for your favorite chapters of the week clicking HERE!

Alongside the release of Sakamoto Days, the extra series this week are:

-Dragon Ball Super 66
-Boruto: Naruto Next Generations 52
-Ghost Reaper Girl 10


Good Votes!
 
Last edited:

Halloween

Formerly Buranchi
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Nov 20, 2013
Messages
2,545
Reaction score
6,845
Age
40
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Moderator Notice:
Henceforth, I will be deleting posts that complain about Weekly Shonen Jump having too many/not enough gag/battle/exorcism/sports/etc series.

These posts are not insightful, and do not meaningfully contribute to this thread. Also, this decision is not up for discussion, so posts discussing this decision will also be deleted.~ Halloween
 
Last edited:

Ryuusei

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Sep 25, 2019
Messages
1,859
Reaction score
12,832
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil
呪 僕 O マ ブ S C D 破 C B 夜 C 僕 あ 灼 ぼ チ 高 ア 森 A 仄 ぼ 次号カラー ヒロアカ アンデラ 夜桜 約ネバ 道産子 GIGA 岸本先生が描くコラボポスター 爆豪クリアファイル
Jujutsu Kaisen (Cover & LCP)
My Hero Academia
One Piece
Mashle
Black Clover
Sakamoto Days (CP)
Dr. Stone
Magu-chan: God of Destruction (CP)
Build King
Mission: Yozakura Family
Me & Roboco
Ayakashi Triangle (CP)
Shakunetsu no Niraikanai
We Never Learn
Chainsaw Man
Koukousei Kazoku
Undead Unluck
Moriking
Agravity Boys
Honomieru Shounen
Bokura no Ketsumei

Issue #1
Cover & LCP: My Hero Academia
CP: Undead Unluck, Mission: Yozakura Family, The Promised Neverland, Dosanko Gyaru wa Namaramenkoi

GIGA Preview
Collab poster by Kishimoto
Bakugou clear file
 
Last edited:

Thehoennhippo

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Nov 25, 2019
Messages
2,442
Reaction score
3,619
Age
26
Country
United States
Very good issue all around this week. We Never Learn really feels like it could end next week, but wouldn't they have announced it if so? I've been skeptical of "Samurai 8 is gonna get axed" stuff for the most part, but man I really started seeing that perspective reading this chapter lol. Yozakura and Mitama were top notch this week, Agravity was still my jam, UxU was good and thought this was probably my favorite Mashle chapter so far, though I'm still not super into it. Witch was alright, next week seems like it could be cool. Zipman I just feel bad for now, feels like it keeps throwing stuff out there that could've been cool with proper buildup.
 

Aipom626

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Oct 5, 2017
Messages
2,267
Reaction score
1,829
Country
United States
I voted top 5 for Unluck Undead, but I'm thinking it'l maybe just get there rather than be at the very top. If not, it'll be upper middle tier.

Most of the chapters this week were pretty good, with We Never Learn having the greatest chapter. Mitama maintaining its rightful representation as wholesome Samon couldn't have been any more well-illustrated by the end of this chapter. Undead is interesting, and I'm curious to see how this battle will conclude itself. Yozakura had a good chapter too, and although I hate the oldest brother, I'm glad we got some nice Taiyo/Mutsumi romance. Hopefully the author can keep fleshing out the plot like this. Agravity was pretty boring since the last thing they needed was another character to play up the "Chris is a cute girl" shtick. Mashle is continuing to lose me too. The "muscle > magic" humor is already getting a bit repetitive, and the artwork isn't really doing the series any favors.

This week's top 5 chapters:

1. We Never Learn
2. Mitama Security
3. Act-Age
4. Mission: Yozakura Family
5. Undead Unluck
 

animeexpert

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jun 1, 2019
Messages
1,635
Reaction score
1,269
Age
29
Country
Norway
drstone has the best chapter of the week !!!, no question:squee!!! its gonna be that for me for an long time
 

Mankichi Togawa

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Jun 26, 2014
Messages
5,554
Reaction score
15,722
Gender
Male
Country
Spain
My top-5 this week:

1. My Hero Academia
2. Jujutsu Kaisen
---
Both of them have been pretty amazing, with very very very amazing action and dynamics.
---
3. Act-age
4. We Never Learn
---
For 5th place I'm debating myself between Dr.Stone, Chainsawman, UndeadUnluck, or Agravity Boys.

When the poll gets open I'll decide the 5th place
 

Stivie

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Apr 23, 2019
Messages
3,121
Reaction score
2,340
Age
37
Country
Brazil
1 - Kimetsu no yaiba
2 - WnL
3 - Black clover
4 - Yozakura Family
5 - Act age
 

evielynn

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Jul 25, 2019
Messages
104
Reaction score
300
Age
26
Country
United Kingdom
I think UxU will rank in the middle, like 2 spaces out of top 5 although I would really like to see it get top 5. Chapter wise the standouts for me this week were Dr Stone and JJK (again).

Edit: CSM was pretty good too actually, had a really good example of the panelling everyone was talking about earlier towards the end.

Yozakura was pretty good, interested to see how the story goes now, I'd really like to see it go into an arc where we meet a bunch of Hinagiku members, like a big Soul Society-esque arc.
 

Ryuusei

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Sep 25, 2019
Messages
1,859
Reaction score
12,832
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil
MHA, JJK, AA and CSM had arguably the best chapters this week. The comedy bits in Mitama didn't work for me this week, but the wholesome content was good. Yozakura mixed comedy and wholesome content better in my opinion. Mashle was fun this week, though not as much as the previous ones. With this week's chapter, I can see Zipman going on for another handful of chapters and escape the U19 club. GOTW's action is just very bland. I actually like the crativity and action in UU, but I can't take the series seriously. BC has completely lost its sparkle to me, I am still waiting for something that can make me enjoy it as much as I did once.
 

pamuchi

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jul 31, 2019
Messages
1,202
Reaction score
3,654
Age
29
Gender
Female
Country
Mexico
From all series here, BC is the manga that it's less spoken here (not to mention that in the polls it's pretty much forgotten). Did you guys drop it or just have it on hold?
 

FireFantasyVI

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
May 10, 2019
Messages
235
Reaction score
455
Gender
Male
Country
United States
From all series here, BC is the manga that it's less spoken here (not to mention that in the polls it's pretty much forgotten). Did you guys drop it or just have it on hold?
I'm reading BC, but honestly I don't feel like there's a ton to say about the current arc right now. The past few chapters have been pretty short and full of action so there's not as much to say, versus when the Elf Invasion arc ended.
 

Ryuusei

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Sep 25, 2019
Messages
1,859
Reaction score
12,832
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil
i don't think you're supposed to take UU seriously, its more fun than anything.
Seriously as in that it completely annoys me that every turn of the page it's an excuse for Andy to feel Izumo up.

From all series here, BC is the manga that it's less spoken here (not to mention that in the polls it's pretty much forgotten). Did you guys drop it or just have it on hold?
Well for me, BC got boring around the end of the Reincarnation Arc and since then it hasn't really hyped me up. What I loved about BC was that there was always some sort of emotional weight to every battle, but now that's basically gone.
 

supercow297

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Dec 5, 2018
Messages
665
Reaction score
745
Country
United States
This chapter of Yozakura was so good it felt like they swapped Gondaira out for Sorachi. Props to the author, it only took this one chapter to make me love the characters. Perfect delivery. Now I want it to live
 

OniluapL

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jan 26, 2012
Messages
512
Reaction score
1,341
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil
From all series here, BC is the manga that it's less spoken here (not to mention that in the polls it's pretty much forgotten). Did you guys drop it or just have it on hold?
I'm still reading it, but maybe I should put it on-hold. I'm really not invested in what's going on right now, for me it's just a bunch of scenes trying to be cool and villains I don't care about. I also didn't like the previous arc (which also took way too long), so take that into consideration.
 

Stivie

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Apr 23, 2019
Messages
3,121
Reaction score
2,340
Age
37
Country
Brazil
This chapter of Yozakura was so good it felt like they swapped Gondaira out for Sorachi. Props to the author, it only took this one chapter to make me love the characters. Perfect delivery. Now I want it to live
I don't think you can compare Yozakura with Gintama.
Especially because, in this chapter, it created a good romance atmosphere and Gintama focused a lot on nosense comedy.
 

Halloween

Formerly Buranchi
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Nov 20, 2013
Messages
2,545
Reaction score
6,845
Age
40
Gender
Male
Country
United States
I'm still reading BC, but there's not much to say. It's always solid, and rarely does it disappoint.

It's like a comfort food for me right now. Not a five star meal, but also better than fast food, if that makes sense.

It's usually never my favorite chapter of the week, but I am happy to read it week to week.
 

BX-02BLODIA

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Dec 9, 2019
Messages
1,120
Reaction score
2,052
Age
24
Country
United States
Damn, that was a pretty wholesome Mitama chapter. Joh is best Tsundere.

CHRIS A CUTE, A CUTE!!!!

CHIYOKO LA NO TAN FURIOSA

WINNER WINNER CHICKEN DINNER THIS WEEK ON WNL!!!!

So..Quidditch for MASHLE? I'm not suprised

GotW was better than last week, but i'm still kind of lukewarm on it.

Holy balls, I absolutely am in love with Jujutsu's action scenes.
 
Last edited:

Halloween

Formerly Buranchi
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Nov 20, 2013
Messages
2,545
Reaction score
6,845
Age
40
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Also, FYI, I'm getting a new iPad here within the next week or so. I've decided to prioritize reading JJK first, since every chapter appears to be on the SJ app.

Perhaps some of my initial concerns will be addressed with the official translations.
 

OtterBrigade

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Apr 2, 2018
Messages
2,112
Reaction score
3,057
Age
33
Country
Canada
Also, FYI, I'm getting a new iPad here within the next week or so. I've decided to prioritize reading JJK first, since every chapter appears to be on the SJ app.

Perhaps some of my initial concerns will be addressed with the official translations.
There's a six chapter gap still from 34-40 but that should be done in the next couple weeks based on their pacing
 

Rain Spectre

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
May 11, 2019
Messages
3,255
Reaction score
4,663
Age
27
Country
Australia
MHA, WNL and AA had the best chapters this week, though much of the established roster pulled in strong showings. As for the others, S8 seems to have just gone full rush ahead into a vague kind of conclusion, Yozakura is...all right, and at least had a cute moment, Mitama continues to frustrate me with how it underpreforms, Zipman is dead, Agravity is...something, Unluck continues to be fun, Mashle bores me (it's basically the same gag) and Witch Guardian is...stiff. Very, very stiff.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top