Mag Talk Weekly Shonen Jump [2020] - Discussion and ToC Talk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shinuki no Reborn

Mangahelper
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Mangahelper
Joined
Jul 6, 2011
Messages
15,396
Reaction score
39,077
Age
34
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil
MANGAHELPERS "TOC" POLL ISSUE #51 - VOTING!​

The poll for issue #51 is now open, vote for your favorite chapters of the week clicking HERE!

Alongside the release of Sakamoto Days, the extra series this week are:

-Dragon Ball Super 66
-Boruto: Naruto Next Generations 52
-Ghost Reaper Girl 10


Good Votes!
 
Last edited:

Halloween

Formerly Buranchi
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Nov 20, 2013
Messages
2,545
Reaction score
6,845
Age
40
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Moderator Notice:
Henceforth, I will be deleting posts that complain about Weekly Shonen Jump having too many/not enough gag/battle/exorcism/sports/etc series.

These posts are not insightful, and do not meaningfully contribute to this thread. Also, this decision is not up for discussion, so posts discussing this decision will also be deleted.~ Halloween
 
Last edited:

Ryuusei

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Sep 25, 2019
Messages
1,859
Reaction score
12,832
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil
呪 僕 O マ ブ S C D 破 C B 夜 C 僕 あ 灼 ぼ チ 高 ア 森 A 仄 ぼ 次号カラー ヒロアカ アンデラ 夜桜 約ネバ 道産子 GIGA 岸本先生が描くコラボポスター 爆豪クリアファイル
Jujutsu Kaisen (Cover & LCP)
My Hero Academia
One Piece
Mashle
Black Clover
Sakamoto Days (CP)
Dr. Stone
Magu-chan: God of Destruction (CP)
Build King
Mission: Yozakura Family
Me & Roboco
Ayakashi Triangle (CP)
Shakunetsu no Niraikanai
We Never Learn
Chainsaw Man
Koukousei Kazoku
Undead Unluck
Moriking
Agravity Boys
Honomieru Shounen
Bokura no Ketsumei

Issue #1
Cover & LCP: My Hero Academia
CP: Undead Unluck, Mission: Yozakura Family, The Promised Neverland, Dosanko Gyaru wa Namaramenkoi

GIGA Preview
Collab poster by Kishimoto
Bakugou clear file
 
Last edited:

James Rye

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Oct 18, 2014
Messages
2,019
Reaction score
6,506
Age
37
Gender
Male
Country
Germany
Haikyu!: Leave it to the shrimp to be freeeeeeeeeeeee! Also lol, never expected Nishinoya to go down that route in life! XDDD

One Piece: Flashback went on for so long I had no idea what was happening this chapter for several seconds. Like "whu?" and "häh?" and "HÄÄÄÄÄÄH???" before I could put the pieces together.^^;

Kimetsu: Longest battle name chain I have seen in a manga battle and I have read a lot of mangas.

WNL: Sawako character design looks so great, so happy for her that she got what she always wanted! Loved the throwback to ch.111, I would never thought we'd get to see this character again! XD

BnH: I stand with all the Manga Plus comments - poor Twice! Dude just wants a friend he can trust! I don't give a crap about 99% of this series cast but I want THIS guy to have a happy ending when this series finds it end in a couple years!!! ;A;

TPN: Well, that happened.

Yozakura: Man, I wish the big bro would just die. Also I'd wish for the other siblings to make a return, we haven't seen them for more than a dozen chapters. If you make a family let the family play the main role. Don't just toss it aside because you can't deal with it!

GotW: Generic, boring, but man is that one hell of a fancy walking stick at the end there!

Dr. Stone: Three words, guys: THICC KOHAKU THIGHS!!!! <3 <3 <3 <3 <3

Mashle: I think this was the first time we had no HP parody joke, I like it!

Chainsaw Man: Yeah, no Top3 this time for me. Still good though.

Undead Unluck: HOLY SHIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIT!!!!! THIS is the Quota??? I did not saw that coming! This is great! What a fantastic idea! It's like taking Ecstasy and Video games and throwing in into a bunch of crazy designs and ideas and have a whole new whacky timeline! Man, this could explain SO much! And ofc just creates more new questions you want to see answered as a reader. I was so freaking sure this chapter would be a let-down because it needed to slow down to introduce all the new characters, but this chapter gave A CRAP about them and just went right into the juicy story plot! To say it with Andy's words: Sick! Wicked sick!

Jjk: NANAMI! NANAMI! NANAMI! NANAMI! NANAMI! NANAMI! NANAMI! NANAMI! NANAMI! NANAMI! NANAMI! NANAMI! NANAMI! NANAMI! NANAMI!

BC: I don't read this one.

AA: Someone got their bacon saved there. Really shows the difference between directors abilities. But because of all the cuts it felt less epic than the last chapter.

AB: Damn, poor Ar has to work so hard to keep his image of his Idol up. XDDD Volk feels like the only normal person on that planet, maybe besides Chris.

Mitama: That pun at the end was awful. I like it. XD

Zipman: Don't think this will reach the 20th chapter.

S8: Again, I don't care about this one.

Man, this had some good reads this week. <3
And a few poor ones but most of them will probably end this year anyway and make way for new experiments and generic series that manages to hit the spot of the readers to stay.
 

Radagast92

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Apr 20, 2013
Messages
117
Reaction score
269
Gender
Male
Country
Italy
I think this one is one of the strongest week for WSJ, a lot of good chapters. I'll have trouble in choosing which one to vote.
 

James Rye

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Oct 18, 2014
Messages
2,019
Reaction score
6,506
Age
37
Gender
Male
Country
Germany
Okay, this is bloody fantastic!

I expected a slow chapter full of introductions of the other 8 members but that didn't happen! Nobody said their names or abilities or shit, it went straight into the juicy plot! I am talking story-telling plot and world-building plot ofc, not tits.
THIS is the Quota! A book which is the "first artifact found on earth" that hands out Quests within a timelimit with rewards and punishments! That's awesome! That's like a videogame on ecstasy! Plus that new rules are added every 3 months. However if you count the 98 x 3 month times then you get basically 24-25 years. Makes me wonder if those rules are an update which changes everyone's memory. Like Andy is over 200 years old, the Union exists for more than 50 years (probably far longer). So what were death, sex, language and races before that timeline when rules were implemented by Apocalypse?
I must say I was surprised by the big robot ball to go crazy on Andy over Gina. I expected him to be angry over Void or actually not be angry at all and more logical. Also Tatiana sounds female so maybe I should stop calling her a he.
Liked Billy, he is a chill Uncle.^^

Boss is really strong though! Seems to have a similar ability like Shen but even stronger. Boss also had the look of a grizzled veteran in her eyes, she must have seen death and hell countless times by now.
So 6 missions with rewards. Very interesting. All are about capturing or killing UMAs. The rewards are different like strengthening your numbers, uniting the world by all languages becoming the same (what an insane power given how many languages exists in the world!), new artifacts or locations of other UMAs. I bet Gina's mission had to do with one of those UMAs, maybe Unseen? Or it was to capture an UMA of which they knew the location of but it wasn't in the quest list.

The punishment sound weird but interesting. I also really liked how Izumo and Andy had no idea what the word "Galaxy" could mean which makes perfect sense if you think about it that their entire Universe knows of only 3 planets: Sun, Moon and Earth and that's it! Why invent a word for star systems if there are no stars to form clusters like a galaxy?
Cool how the big Evil was introduced via a talking book as in not really shown but you know he exists and is tremendously powerful. I have a feeling the big evil is the very own mangaka of this series, lol, that would be funny for the creations to kill their creator, their god who just wants to tell an entertaining story. XDDD

Best part was Andy sticking his hands into a book with sharp teeth, have them bitten off and just take the hardest quest and force Shen who recommended them into the Union with them on this mission. This quest gonna be awesome and this totally throws the whole plan of the Union overboard with 3 members going at the hardest, least rewarding mission leaving them not enough members to deal with the first three ones. I wonder if they even can try to fulfill all 6 quests in one go. After all if you count it together it is 19 participants when they only got ten. Ofc if they can do them one by one then that's no problem but I guess the participants are a given as in, you MUST have that number else you cannot accept the mission. So that leaves 7 to take on some of the other 5. Now it would also to be good to know what day it currently is right now to know how much time they have left to deal with those quests.

In any case, I am pumped for this UMA world of UxU! This gonna be an epic journey with many cool quests and crazy characters until they face the big evil at the very end! <3
 

Stivie

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Apr 23, 2019
Messages
3,118
Reaction score
2,340
Age
37
Country
Brazil
look, anyone who complains that GoTW is generic and still defends MASHLE just because it is funny, cannot be serious.
All manga so far has won extra pages, with the exception of ZIPMAN, it shows that in fact jump wants to invest in these manga.
 

Ctkk

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
May 8, 2019
Messages
692
Reaction score
874
Country
Highgarden
look, anyone who complains that GoTW is generic and still defends MASHLE just because it is funny, cannot be serious.
All manga so far has won extra pages, with the exception of ZIPMAN, it shows that in fact jump wants to invest in these manga.
I mean, MASHLE is a gag manga. Being funny is the one thing it has to be good at.
 

Chuck_Atlas

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jan 30, 2018
Messages
1,083
Reaction score
1,557
Country
Peru
Uhm yes they were, even if the chapter was focused on introducing someone new, it was still able to put funny moments
 

Halloween

Formerly Buranchi
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Nov 20, 2013
Messages
2,545
Reaction score
6,845
Age
40
Gender
Male
Country
United States
New poll is up for first ToC placement.
 

Stivie

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Apr 23, 2019
Messages
3,118
Reaction score
2,340
Age
37
Country
Brazil
Uhm yes they were, even if the chapter was focused on introducing someone new, it was still able to put funny moments
I didn't see anything funny.

excuse.
 

WyldViolet

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Oct 25, 2012
Messages
4,105
Reaction score
5,852
Age
33
Country
United States
Mashle is basically using the Beelzebub structure. Being familiar with that series may help others understand the tone of the series.
 

Stivie

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Apr 23, 2019
Messages
3,118
Reaction score
2,340
Age
37
Country
Brazil
Mashle is basically using the Beelzebub structure. Being familiar with that series may help others understand the tone of the series.
Yozakura Family also and at the time it was in chapters 9 and on.
And everyone complained that nothing happened and they wanted a serious arc.
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

Literally the very first pages had back and forth between the characters
There was nothing there. it was just a cliché.
--- Double Post Merged, ---

Anyway, I don't want to become a hater of UxU and MASHLE just because people here find any reason to have Guardian of the witch even though I try to get extra pages just like the others.
 

yadayada

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jan 6, 2020
Messages
1,142
Reaction score
3,518
Age
35
Country
Fire Nation
Honestly I understand the complaints about the way the female MC got treated in UxU and I share them to an extent (although that kinda died when the zombie straight up said he wouldn't do it with her unless she also wanted to), but the series itself is clearly competent and honestly a pretty fun read.

The exposition is not invasive, the MC is very competent without being straight up broken, the power system is interesting, there is good variety and the fights are fairly clever instead of just being super straightforward "MY POWER IS STRONGER THAN YOUR POWER", which is what a lot of newbies end up going with. It isn't surprising in the slightest that it carved up an audience, and I'll be surprised if it doesn't manage to survive.
 

James Rye

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Oct 18, 2014
Messages
2,019
Reaction score
6,506
Age
37
Gender
Male
Country
Germany
Mashle is basically using the Beelzebub structure. Being familiar with that series may help others understand the tone of the series.
Great, now you reminded me how much I miss Beelzebub~
Gotta reread it to satisfy that nostalgia.
 

Stivie

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Apr 23, 2019
Messages
3,118
Reaction score
2,340
Age
37
Country
Brazil
These alternate endings for We never learn are just what I thought they would be, a simple fanservice.
I even try only one chapter, but no change has been shown regarding the Uruka route. And the Ogata route starts where the Uruka route ended.
 

OtterBrigade

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Apr 2, 2018
Messages
2,112
Reaction score
3,057
Age
33
Country
Canada
These alternate endings for We never learn are just what I thought they would be, a simple fanservice.
I even try only one chapter, but no change has been shown regarding the Uruka route. And the Ogata route starts where the Uruka route ended.
did you miss the fairly explicit line of Uruka not confessing kinda making her route impossible to have happened in this route?
 

Stivie

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Apr 23, 2019
Messages
3,118
Reaction score
2,340
Age
37
Country
Brazil
did you miss the fairly explicit line of Uruka not confessing kinda making her route impossible to have happened in this route?
I saw it, but it was just that. I thought it would show a whole process of him confessing to Ogata, just like what happened to Uruka.
instead, it was a simple aftermate. That is, the end of Uruka is still the main one.
 

Nemesis

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Mar 26, 2013
Messages
1,706
Reaction score
1,826
Age
32
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil
I saw it, but it was just that. I thought it would show a whole process of him confessing to Ogata, just like what happened to Uruka.
instead, it was a simple aftermate. That is, the end of Uruka is still the main one.
No, it isn't. There's more chapters coming in the arc and the confession still will happen. And there's no need to show everything again when it was already showed before, except for new things like what was on the spoiler, to give context for the current story.
 

Stivie

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Apr 23, 2019
Messages
3,118
Reaction score
2,340
Age
37
Country
Brazil
No, it isn't. There's more chapters coming in the arc and the confession still will happen. And there's no need to show everything again when it was already showed before, except for new things like what was on the spoiler, to give context for the current story.
what? but it was you guys who said he was going back in time and changed something in history.
so much so that they said that only 2 chapters would not be enough to convince.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top