Discussion - August vs. Fairy Tail | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Discussion August vs. Fairy Tail

Who would win?

• Total voters

Vis

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom

The Magic King has been abandoned by his father and is now on a quest to obtain his mother's corpse to revive her. He attacks Fairy Tail by himself and accidentally killed Makarov, commencing a battle between himself and everyone on the picture above (with the addition of Jellal in lieu of Mystogan).

- x793 versions of Fairy Tail characters, August is as he was before he committed suicide.
- Transferring magical power through consumption or enchantments are not allowed. Separation enchantment is also not allowed.
- No Dragon Force for Natsu.
- Takes place on Aldoron's left hand.

Scenario 2: August somehow beats everyone except Natsu and is now fighting him at the peak of his POF while in Dragon Force. Can August beat his uncle?​

Ramen

MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Reaction score
Country
Canada
RD 1) August solos. Everyone with caster magic is useless. No one is strong enough to bypass his hax.

RD 2) Natsu would stomp if he can get a hit on, but I can easily see August exhausting him by evading his attacks. I'll vote for Natsu though.
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

@Vis You're on fire right now eh?:bash

grey matter

Reaction score
Country
India
RD 1) August solos. Everyone with caster magic is useless. No one is strong enough to bypass his hax.

RD 2) Natsu would stomp if he can get a hit on, but I can easily see August exhausting him by evading his attacks. I'll vote for Natsu though.

@Vis You're on fire right now eh?:bash
R2
August would be immune to physical by having Ajeel's magic. Immune to non organic damage through refraction and copy magic. Natsu literally can't do anything to August.
--- Double Post Merged, ---

@Plutogrim votes as usual :P
R1 FT and R2 August

Ramen

Reaction score
Country
Canada
R2
August would be immune to physical by having Ajeel's magic. Immune to non organic damage through refraction and copy magic. Natsu literally can't do anything to August.
Sand intangibility isn't gonna help against FoE or DF plus FDK

August solos regardless

grey matter

Reaction score
Country
India
Sand intangibility isn't gonna help against FoE or DF plus FDK

August solos regardless
Sand intangibility + magic & non organic immunity = literally invincible unless someone is a tier above August.
Sand intangibility alone can't compete with DF or FDKM, but sand intang + refraction and copy = Natsu can't do shit

Anyway, August can just stop time and stomp. Unless it fails on Natsu for some reason

Ramen

Reaction score
Country
Canada
Sand intangibility + magic & non organic immunity = literally invincible unless someone is a tier above August.
Sand intangibility alone can't compete with DF or FDKM, but sand intang + refraction and copy = Natsu can't do shit

Anyway, August can just stop time and stomp. Unless it fails on Natsu for some reason
Hax is overpowered by MP and strength. Imo DF with FDK is stronger MP wise than August at that point so his hax won't help. August wins only if he evades until Natsu get's tired.

Last edited:

Axiomus

Mangahelper
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
Canada
I was gonna say they just enchant everyone's power into Erza's sword for a pretty obvious win condition, but unfortunately that's restricted. Even without this tactic, I'm not discounting Fairy Tail. There's enough people that can realistically keep August occupied long enough for Lucy to cast Fairy Sphere. Unlike with Acno, I don't give August the benefit of the doubt of being able to smash through Fairy Sphere.

grey matter

Reaction score
Country
India
Erza and Gildarts can prob take him.
How? August uses refraction + sand = he's immune to Erza's swords and physical attacks.

August tanked Gildarts' strongest attack with little damage, and he can use that only once. After that, August will be immune to all attacks by Gildarts

I was gonna say they just enchant everyone's power into Erza's sword for a pretty obvious win condition, but unfortunately that's restricted. Even without this tactic, I'm not discounting Fairy Tail. There's enough people that can realistically keep August occupied long enough for Lucy to cast Fairy Sphere. Unlike with Acno, I don't give August the benefit of the doubt of being able to smash through Fairy Sphere.
August copies and nullifies Fairy Sphere.

August can just stop time and stomp them as well, pretty sure he copied Spriggan haxes

Axiomus

Mangahelper
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
Canada

August can just stop time and stomp them as well, pretty sure he copied Spriggan haxes
I don't think August can copy Fairy Sphere because it takes multiple people to cast. Don't think he can simply negate it either, as it's one of the few things that actually worked on Acnologia.

I guess he can stop time though.

grey matter

Reaction score
Country
India
I don't think August can copy Fairy Sphere because it takes multiple people to cast. Don't think he can simply negate it either, as it's one of the few things that actually worked on Acnologia.

I guess he can stop time though.
IT worked on Acno by gathering magic from the entire continent. This is just gathering magic from guild, in which case I think August copies.

YEah, time stop and one shot everyone lmao. Why all the trouble. Or explode their head by enlarging brain

Fyron

中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Reaction score
Country
India
RD 1 August wins if he uses Meteor and his other magics properly.

RD 2 He gets obliterated unless he has copied Mest's teleport magic.

Seven777

Reaction score
Country
Australia
How? August uses refraction + sand = he's immune to Erza's swords and physical attacks.

August tanked Gildarts' strongest attack with little damage, and he can use that only once. After that, August will be immune to all attacks by Gildarts

Meh, Nakagami should deal with all problems, in fact if Erza hits August with Nakagami at the same time Gildarts uses his magic, Gildarts magic should work on August. It's a really good match up now that I think about it, Gildarts doesn't even need to use his mechanical arm if he plays his cards right. As for Gildarts attack doing little damage, nah, it clearly hurt, bad, in fact it literally made August commit suicide instead of continuing the fight. Erza is a match for human Eileen, Gildart's was a decent match for August, together they would have it in the bag. Not to mention other characters like Gajeel and Gray who are still powerful enough to tear apart spriggans with physical strength alone. August fairs better against FT than Eileen, but not by much, no way he wins.

As for all the random combinations of magics you think August can use, meh, if they were useful he would've used it in his battle with Gildarts.

Ramen

Reaction score
Country
Canada
Meh, Nakagami should deal with all problems, in fact if Erza hits August with Nakagami at the same time Gildarts uses his magic, Gildarts magic should work on August. It's a really good match up now that I think about it, Gildarts doesn't even need to use his mechanical arm if he plays his cards right. As for Gildarts attack doing little damage, nah, it clearly hurt, bad, in fact it literally made August commit suicide instead of continuing the fight. Erza is a match for human Eileen, Gildart's was a decent match for August, together they would have it in the bag. Not to mention other characters like Gajeel and Gray who are still powerful enough to tear apart spriggans with physical strength alone. August fairs better against FT than Eileen, but not by much, no way he wins.

As for all the random combinations of magics you think August can use, meh, if they were useful he would've used it in his battle with Gildarts.
Your entire paragraph is "if" they play their cards fight which wouldn't happen. Plus, Gray and Gajeel would literal useless in the fight.

Takuan

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
France
August stomps in both situations.

Seven777

Reaction score
Country
Australia
Your entire paragraph is "if" they play their cards fight which wouldn't happen. Plus, Gray and Gajeel would literal useless in the fight.
What do you mean? The only "if" part is Erza and Gildarts attacking at the same time, nothing particularly complicated, and even without that Gildarts is still someone who went head to head with August for a good amount and dealt good damage, and Erza alone matched human Eileen almost equally, and nearly defeated Dragon Eileen with Wendy at her side(who is also present for this fight). As for them playing their cards right, it'd definitely happen, look at how Erza and Wendy played Eileen. I'd put Erza's intelligence significantly above August's when it comes to battle, Gildarts too.
Gray and Gajeel can tear apart spriggans with their bare hands, they can contribute to this fight just fine with their regular punches. Not to mention Wendy buffing everyones stats and healing, Bisca with Jupiter, Cana doing whatever she does, Lucy with Fairy Sphere(or her keys I guess), Laxus with Thunder Palace, etc. I'd give August a %0 chance of winning, he could maybe get a double kill with suicide at best, and I still think there's a %99 chance FT would be able to stop him.

Plutogrim

上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Reaction score
Country
United States
August is not winning this at all.

Too much power on FT side. Add Irene to make it difficult.

One4All

上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Reaction score
Country
Kingdom of Fiore
I"ll give this one to FT. A number of high-caliber opponents plus they have holder-type mages and bonds to pull it through.

Ramen

Reaction score
Country
Canada
What do you mean? The only "if" part is Erza and Gildarts attacking at the same time, nothing particularly complicated, and even without that Gildarts is still someone who went head to head with August for a good amount and dealt good damage, and Erza alone matched human Eileen almost equally, and nearly defeated Dragon Eileen with Wendy at her side(who is also present for this fight). As for them playing their cards right, it'd definitely happen, look at how Erza and Wendy played Eileen. I'd put Erza's intelligence significantly above August's when it comes to battle, Gildarts too.
Gray and Gajeel can tear apart spriggans with their bare hands, they can contribute to this fight just fine with their regular punches. Not to mention Wendy buffing everyones stats and healing, Bisca with Jupiter, Cana doing whatever she does, Lucy with Fairy Sphere(or her keys I guess), Laxus with Thunder Palace, etc. I'd give August a %0 chance of winning, he could maybe get a double kill with suicide at best, and I still think there's a %99 chance FT would be able to stop him.
Gildarts did literally no damage. August tanked his strongest attack with ease. Literally every piece of caster magic they throw at him is getting nullified and copied. Bisca? Wtf, since when is that an argument. Laxus thunder palace is featless and would get nullified easily.

So it becomes FT with their fists against a dude who mastered all of magic itself. Gajeel used DF to beat Bloodman with fists which he doesn't have against August. Literally base Natsu blocked his secret art. Gray ended beating Invel with a DeS spell. No they can't contribute that much with their fists.

Anyone with caster magic is literally useless, and how are they gonna punch their way to victory when August no sold their strongest CQC fighter? Everyone during Alvarez needed magic to beat spriggans, how are they gonna beat the strongest one with their bare fists?

Plus, how are they gonna win if Wendy can't enchant everyone or if Natsu doesn't have DF? OP literally says no DF or enchanments.

The only people that can use their magic are Erza, Lucy, and Cana. The only person that has a chance of hurting is Erza. It then becomes a 1v1 of August vs Erza and she isn't standing a chance.

Last edited:

grey matter

Reaction score
Country
India
Gildarts did literally no damage. August tanked his strongest attack with ease. Literally every piece of caster magic they throw at him is getting nullified and copied. Bisca? Wtf, since when is that an argument. Laxus thunder palace is featless and would get nullified easily.

So it becomes FT with their fists against a dude who mastered all of magic itself. Gajeel used DF to beat Bloodman with fists which he doesn't have against August. Literally base Natsu blocked his secret art. Gray ended beating Invel with a DeS spell. No they can't contribute that much with their fists.

Anyone with caster magic is literally useless, and how are they gonna punch their way to victory when August no sold their strongest CQC fighter? Everyone during Alvarez needed magic to beat spriggans, how are they gonna beat the strongest one with their bare fists?

Plus, how are they gonna win if Wendy can't enchant everyone or if Natsu doesn't have DF? OP literally says no DF or enchanments.

The only people that can use their magic are Erza, Lucy, and Cana. The only person that has a chance of hurting is Erza. It then becomes a 1v1 of August vs Erza and she isn't standing a chance.
Adding to this, enchantments get nullified by August anyway, and he enchants himself lmao

It's literally going to be August vs fist fight. August uses meteor + Racer's speed magic + Jet's speed magic in combination to blitz everyone to shreds. That is, if he doesn't just stop time and kill everyone